Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Cafe Racers!  (Read 1917 times)

Offline RBEmerson

• Motorcycles: "Habu", black '17 Yamaha FJR 1300ES, '03 BMW K1200RS (RIP)
Cafe Racers!
« on: December 01, 2013, 01:31:50 PM »
I'm surprised this topic hasn't been started here. So here goes...

I can't remember the name of the restaurant in the background, but it's one of many that line Ocean Drive in Miami's South Beach. There's a really sharp orange and white '55 Chevy parked in front of the Triumph. The Chevy's probably a prop for the restaurant (check out the color of the dropped awnings). I dunno whether the bike's a prop or not.

I don't know how much it's been worked over, save for the wrapped pipes, but this Bonneville looks pretty good in the setting. Maybe it could fit in at the Ace Cafe, too.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login
Are you part of the solution or part of the precipitate?

Offline RBEmerson

Re: Cafe Racers!
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2013, 01:54:11 PM »
This Honda CB750, also parked on Ocean Dr., is probably a better contender for being a cafe racer. I wasn't the only person who likes it. While I was framing the last picture, some guy squatted down next the bike so his SO could take a picture. At least afterward he offered to take a picture of me with the bike. Hand my DSLR to a stranger in the middle of the street? Pass.

Hmmm... I just noticed that SWMBO is in the shot - just above the tank filler. She is not in any other shots, and definitely not in #4, below.

Offline phoenix

• Motorcycles: CBR600RR, KX250F
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2013, 03:42:07 PM »
I don't know how much it's been worked over, save for the wrapped pipes, but this Bonneville looks pretty good in the setting. Maybe it could fit in at the Ace Cafe, too.

I think the Bonnie owner chopped the rear fender off and replaced the handlebars with something a little lower profile. Otherwise it looks pretty stock. Not that it doesn't look bad.

Offline RBEmerson

« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2013, 07:40:52 PM »
Good catch - the space above the rear tire looked rather open and I wasn't sure about the bars. I'm not a major Triumph fan so the details get away from me in a hurry. BTW, here's the Chevy and the Triumph. Looking at the awning, this is the Ristoranti I Paparazzi in front of Hotel Breakwater on Ocean Drive. Another restaurant parks a 30's Packard along their stretch of the sidewalk. While South Beach has a very cool vibe, these sidewalk restaurants get old fast. We ate at another Italian restaurant (it was raining and we'd had a dose of getting wet). The wait staff was Russian or Eastern European - definitely not Italian. And the service was the pits although the food was OK. We didn't get wet but we did get soaked...