Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: What did you do today Non moto  (Read 859098 times)

sleazy rider, KLRchickie, jadziadax8 and 16 Guests are viewing this topic.

Online jadziadax8

• Contributor
  • Yeah it's a girl's bike. THIS girl's bike.
  • Motorcycles: 2007 Kawasaki Ninja 650r
Re: What did you do today Non moto
« Reply #7500 on: April 03, 2021, 05:23:03 PM »
I have come to appreciate veggie platters, fruits, and diced meats in smaller quantities with other fillers.

+1

I just made a very tasty chicken salad with plain fat-free Greek yogurt instead of mayonnaise. I put in celery, shallots and roasted red peppers then seasoned it with Pico Fruta from Penzey's Spices. I added some salt, but I don't have to worry about that for myself, yet. In WW terms, it was 0 points, so I can eat as much as I like.
She's got a worm in 'er belly? That's disgusting! That's interesting, but very disgusting. 

My Other Hobby

Offline Eh2zed

• ATW V2.0
  • Motorcycles: 2008 Honda CBF1000A and 2004 BMW R1100S
« Reply #7501 on: April 04, 2021, 02:42:08 PM »
I’m building a truck camper and today I tried my hand at building a custom shower pan using fiberglass. It’s not pretty but I’m pretty sure it won’t leak. The kids can throw a rubber mat in there and they probably won’t notice the washboard (otherwise described as “like I-69 north of Indianapolis”.)
My GPS just told me to turn left, then turn left, then turn left, then turn left.
So if I go too far left do I end up right?

Offline Eh2zed

• ATW V2.0
  • Motorcycles: 2008 Honda CBF1000A and 2004 BMW R1100S
« Reply #7502 on: April 04, 2021, 02:44:34 PM »
And we got a campsite at Gulf Shores for next March. I sure hope that the border will be open!
My GPS just told me to turn left, then turn left, then turn left, then turn left.
So if I go too far left do I end up right?

Offline Vulcanbill

• Contributor
  • De omnibus dubitandum
  • Motorcycles: 2016 Kawasaki Versys 650 - ORANGE!!!!
« Reply #7503 on: April 04, 2021, 03:59:54 PM »
Just got back from taking the camper for a little 1263 mile drag this weekend.  Friday night at Hamilton Branch State Park in SC, Saturday morning we zipped an hour south into Waynesboro GA to pick up Sestra then back to the campground to meet Hemi and begin adventuring.  Saturday afternoon, we rolled out and made our way north on 77 to some random Cracker Barrel where we tried to sleep.  Then got up at zero dark and finished the trip home where we've been introducing the pup to all sorts of new things...  It's been fun in a relearning about tiny puppies kind of way. 

I started teaching her how to drive right away.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login
If a person's primary concern is increasing freedom, they should prepare for a reduction in average lifespan.  ---  Misanthropist

If you say "Gullible" real slow, it sounds like "Orange"

Online Skee

• Contributor
  • Motorcycles: 2019 Versys
« Reply #7504 on: April 06, 2021, 02:49:09 PM »
Went to King of Prussia mall today - one of the largest in the USA - it was like a ghost town - lots of vacant stores.
The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt.    Bertrand Russell

"The fishermen know that the sea is dangerous and the storm terrible, but they have never found these dangers sufficient reason for remaining ashore."   Vincent van Gogh

Offline mr.awesome

• Motorcycles: 04 Triumph Sprint ST, 03 Kawazuki KLX400SR-SM, 99 Yamaha TW200
« Reply #7505 on: April 06, 2021, 08:20:16 PM »
Aura and I got our first vaccine shots. We are both the type that would usually pass on it. We are just hoping this helps get our lives back to a little normalcy.

Online Bounce

• Contributor
    • FJR-Tips
  • Motorcycles: Yes
« Reply #7506 on: April 07, 2021, 08:01:19 AM »
Wife got her 2nd Pfister this week. They had suggested we get it laminated in case "covid passports" actually become a thing. Did it and the sticker they use for PII (name, DOB, etc.) was a thermal printer label.  Pretty much blackened all that out during the lamination process.

Online Papa Lazarou

• Contributor
  • For further information, please re-read.
  • Motorcycles: Moto Guzzi Griso 1200SE Diablo Rosso
« Reply #7507 on: April 07, 2021, 12:04:04 PM »
went back to work again. retirement in a pandemic isn't as good as it would be in a less infested world.
Putting the laughter back into manslaughter

Offline viffergyrl

• Contributor
  • Hey! Wait for me.....
  • Motorcycles: 2007 Suzuki SV650
« Reply #7508 on: April 07, 2021, 12:34:59 PM »
First shot scheduled for Friday morning. Pfizer.

And fuck the vaccine passport idea. No voter ID? Then no vaccine passport.
The world is a mess. It has always been a mess. Our job is to straighten out our own lives.  Joseph Campbell

Online Skee

• Contributor
« Reply #7509 on: April 07, 2021, 01:40:10 PM »
Assuming the vaccine is effective, what does it really matter whether other people are vaccinated?
The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt.    Bertrand Russell

"The fishermen know that the sea is dangerous and the storm terrible, but they have never found these dangers sufficient reason for remaining ashore."   Vincent van Gogh

Online Mrs. DantesDame

• Super Moderator
  • Getting too old for this crap
    • DantesDame's Adventures
  • Motorcycles: -14 BMW F800 GSA
« Reply #7510 on: April 07, 2021, 02:01:48 PM »
First shot scheduled for Friday morning. Pfizer.

And fuck the vaccine passport idea. No voter ID? Then no vaccine passport.

How is a Vaccine passport any different than me having a little booklet that shows that I've had my polio,
typhoid, hepatitis A and/or cholera vaccination before I visit certain countries?

The only "problem" I see with a Covid passport stamp is that there is still uncertainty regarding the various strains and the longevity of the vaccination.

Also, the US just needs to get off the shitter and make (free) Federal IDs for everyone.   <- no politics, sorry.
www.Dantesdame.com <-- Rides! Rides! Rides!

Online Skee

• Contributor
« Reply #7511 on: April 07, 2021, 04:32:53 PM »
I fully expect to see proof of vaccination required for international travel.  Countries will not want sick travelers adding to their problems with already overburdened domestic health care systems.

Offline viffergyrl

• Contributor
  • Hey! Wait for me.....
« Reply #7512 on: April 07, 2021, 06:16:51 PM »
I fully expect to see proof of vaccination required for international travel.  Countries will not want sick travelers adding to their problems with already overburdened domestic health care systems.

Which has long been a requirement/recommendation for travel to certain countries, but not to attend domestic events. And yes, I know states put in their own entry/exit rules with COVID. We almost went there with measles (remember?) which is far more infectious and transmissible with an R=18, I believe, with NO cure. But it became a non-issue, thankfully.

Here's the deal. I have never had to 'show' that I had certain vaccinations; nobody has asked previous to this. I've had to answer questions on forms for a new doctor, but I don't have to show any proof that I've been vaccinated for polio, for example. Healthcare professionals ask me if I've had my flu shot, I say 'Yes', and I don't have to show anything. If someone asks me if I've been vaccinated for COVID, I'll tell them the truth, i.e. 'No', 'I've had my first shot', 'I've had my second shot', and 'I'm two weeks out from my second shot'.

So my example still stands: No one asks for my ID when I vote, so again, I expect to be believed if I tell someone I've been vaccinated.
The world is a mess. It has always been a mess. Our job is to straighten out our own lives.  Joseph Campbell

Online Skee

• Contributor
« Reply #7513 on: April 07, 2021, 09:03:09 PM »
O I get it.  You can get a stimmi check without ID according to NYT.

Online Papa Lazarou

• Contributor
« Reply #7514 on: April 08, 2021, 01:28:35 AM »
Assuming the vaccine is effective, what does it really matter whether other people are vaccinated?

the idea is to vaccinate a population, not an individual. that's what eliminates a disease.

Online Papa Lazarou

• Contributor
« Reply #7515 on: April 08, 2021, 07:12:56 AM »
Being vaccinated does NOT mean you can hop in a van with three of your friends and a dog to solve mysteries

Offline minimac

• Practicing Neanderthal, Nuclear Nomad
  • Motorcycles: GL1500A, Silverwing, ̶M̶a̶j̶e̶s̶t̶y̶, Morphous
« Reply #7516 on: April 08, 2021, 08:17:25 AM »
Can we stop with the covid shots?  Everyone doesn't need to know your medical stuff-who cares?  How about something interesting, like your bank account numbers, credit card numbers, etc.
old enough to know better

Online Skee

• Contributor
« Reply #7517 on: April 08, 2021, 08:21:51 AM »

the idea is to vaccinate a population, not an individual. that's what eliminates a disease.

Trust me Papa, I have enough of an education to understand how it works.   But I live in a country where many people believe the vaccine is more dangerous than the disease.  Spoke with a close relative yesterday who believes that Fauci lies, masks interfere with your ability to breath, and that you can take a vitamin cocktail that is safer and more effective at preventing the virus than the vaccines that are currently available. 

I recognize the medical community wants to eliminate this disease. My concerns are more immediately focused.  I won’t be hopping into a van - or on a cruise ship, bus, etc. - with strangers anytime soon.  I am looking forward to riding in WV soon. 

Heard from an acquaintance in Ireland that EU/EMA may be releasing updated guidance for international travel sometime this month.  We’re hoping to visit in the future. (Believe CDC also just released something.). As my wife pointed out yesterday, we already have an immunization card that is required for travel to some countries.   I have no problem adding vaccination record to that. 

Have you heard anything about new EMA travel guidance?

Offline maddjack

• Contributor
  • UFO PILOT
  • Motorcycles: KLz1000 Versys
« Reply #7518 on: April 08, 2021, 08:25:33 AM »
Helped my sister move furniture, and got some more block for a future project.
She and I then took a history walk to a nearby abandoned church grave yard. The newest date on a headstone was 1889, the oldest 1822.
It was amazing to me that they were mostly readable.
More amazing is neighborhood volunteers were trying to keep it maintained. Kudos to them all.
VIVA EL STINKO

The little red bike is gone , sniff sniff, but the Batbike has begun.

Offline minimac

« Reply #7519 on: April 08, 2021, 08:27:11 AM »
deleted

Online Papa Lazarou

• Contributor
« Reply #7520 on: April 08, 2021, 08:44:24 AM »
deleted

code: 432117

acc no: 67987223176

Online Bounce

• Contributor
    • FJR-Tips
« Reply #7521 on: April 08, 2021, 09:29:55 AM »
How is a Vaccine passport any different than me having a little booklet that shows that I've had my polio,
typhoid, hepatitis A and/or cholera vaccination before I visit certain countries?

How prevalent are typical vax cards in the counterfeiting market? There are already reports of fake COVID cards.

Offline viffergyrl

• Contributor
  • Hey! Wait for me.....
« Reply #7522 on: April 08, 2021, 04:25:47 PM »

How prevalent are typical vax cards in the counterfeiting market? There are already reports of fake COVID cards.

I was wondering how long it would take and how easy it would be.

Online Black Hills

• Motorcycles: KTM 1290 Adventure R, KTM300xcw, 1290 SuperDuke
« Reply #7523 on: April 08, 2021, 04:42:37 PM »
judging by the fake ID for market for getting into bars I'd say it will be pretty easy to "comply" for those who don't want to vaccinate.
the above are merely the ramblings of a hamfisted fuckwit who has broken too many helmets.

Online HipGnosis

• It's Hip, ya know
  • Motorcycles: F800ST(low), Ninja 650
« Reply #7524 on: April 08, 2021, 06:38:07 PM »

What's a 'covid card'?
Life is made up of moments, small pieces of glittering mica in a long stretch of gray cement. We have to teach ourselves how to make room for them, to love them, and to live, really live. - Anna Quindlen

Offline Andrew

• Contributor
  • Motorcycles: Got a Few
« Reply #7525 on: April 08, 2021, 07:07:40 PM »
Being vaccinated does NOT mean you can hop in a van with three of your friends and a dog to solve mysteries
\
Well sheet there goes my weekend plans, thanks for ruining my fun with stoned tenager chearleaders Papa

;D
Freedom without regulations that protect the general good is nothing less than anarchy by the rich.

"Riders might be worse than Kardashians for stupidity any more." Cornbe

Online Papa Lazarou

• Contributor
« Reply #7526 on: April 09, 2021, 02:36:09 AM »
Being vaccinated does NOT mean that you can martial your armies and invade Poland, thereby plunging the world into a war which will cause at least 50,000,000 deaths.

Offline minimac

« Reply #7527 on: April 09, 2021, 07:16:46 AM »
Wasn't England locked down? How'd that work out? (Seriously, I'm not trying to be a smartass) The Brits have invaded the U.S. with their highly contagious B.1.1.7 strain (appeared first in England) which is the dominant force here now.  How does that happen, if they're locked down, and almost everyone here and there are socially distancing and masked up?  I'm  not seeing the curve being flattened, despite what "the science" says. I may not be the brightest bulb in the lot, but an awful lot doesn't make sense.
 On another note-Thanks Papa, I'll send you a nice card when I'm done shopping.

Online Black Hills

« Reply #7528 on: April 09, 2021, 07:57:10 AM »
Wasn't England locked down? How'd that work out? (Seriously, I'm not trying to be a smartass) The Brits have invaded the U.S. with their highly contagious B.1.1.7 strain (appeared first in England) which is the dominant force here now.  How does that happen, if they're locked down, and almost everyone here and there are socially distancing and masked up?  I'm  not seeing the curve being flattened, despite what "the science" says. I may not be the brightest bulb in the lot, but an awful lot doesn't make sense.

people are pretty much the same everywhere. If a new strain developed in one group of people it will most likely develop in others. the name is just where it was first discovered.
the above are merely the ramblings of a hamfisted fuckwit who has broken too many helmets.

Online Skee

• Contributor
« Reply #7529 on: April 09, 2021, 08:00:28 AM »
Being vaccinated does NOT mean that you can martial your armies and invade Poland, thereby plunging the world into a war which will cause at least 50,000,000 deaths.

Why should Poland be the target?   Haven’t we Poles suffered enough?  Invade Belgium, conquer mayonnaise and save the world from cholesterol.

:)

Online HipGnosis

• It's Hip, ya know
  • Motorcycles: F800ST(low), Ninja 650
« Reply #7530 on: April 09, 2021, 08:55:29 AM »

Why should Poland be the target?   Haven’t we Poles suffered enough?  Invade Belgium, conquer mayonnaise and save the world from cholesterol.

:)
Just leave mayonnaise alone!!
Life is made up of moments, small pieces of glittering mica in a long stretch of gray cement. We have to teach ourselves how to make room for them, to love them, and to live, really live. - Anna Quindlen

Online Papa Lazarou

• Contributor
« Reply #7531 on: April 09, 2021, 09:48:59 AM »

Don't worry about the card, it's my wife's account.

Yes, the UK has locked down 3 times since this started. Our government showed breath-taking incompetence and locked down late, so causing thousands of extra deaths. The new strain arose in Kent, England-looks like it mutated in someone who was already ill with something else. But the Brazilian and South African variants seem nastier. We are quite good at detecting new variants here.

Has it worked (lockdown, masks,, distancing)? Yes. It bought time until the vaccine roll out. It reduced rates of infection massively. Did everyone obey? Of course not. We have anti-vaxxers and flat earthers too.

Offline maddjack

• Contributor
  • UFO PILOT
« Reply #7532 on: April 09, 2021, 11:23:55 AM »
It most definitely flattened in the US till they started opening up everything too soon and now we are getting a spike. Our local colleges are filled with cases,from spring break and march madness parties where nobody was masked.. And having the Texas Rangers stadium full to capacity with the majority not masking will surely lead to one too.
It isn't like people were following mask rules,because many were not.
VIVA EL STINKO

Offline maddjack

• Contributor
  • UFO PILOT
« Reply #7533 on: April 09, 2021, 11:31:02 AM »
Back on topic,
Today I donated a bunch of stuff to our local community outreach to help the needy.
Then I got a haircut,so I no longer resemble Don King.
VIVA EL STINKO

Online sleazy rider

• Contributor
  • Still not traveling
  • Motorcycles: 1990 Suzuki DR350S, 1974 Suzuki TC100
« Reply #7534 on: April 09, 2021, 03:35:40 PM »
Yeah, well.  I'm thrilled I'm now scheduled for my first shot in 5 days.  It's a community thing, not political unless.....

:deadhorse:

In other news, the knee is making amazing progress healing.  10 days out from replacement, yesterday I went to the driving range and hit a small bucket of golf balls.  My physical terrorist was not happy with me this morning.  :lol:  Doc said there was no way to damage the joint and I believe him.
--Tom

Offline PatM

• Contributor
  • Motorcycles: 2016 BMW R1200 RT, 2018 R1200 GSA
« Reply #7535 on: April 09, 2021, 09:03:59 PM »
My wife got her eye operation. The doc installed a trifocal lens. Everything went well.
Now she sees a bunch of thing she didn't anymore like she finally noticed I have graying eyebrows.  :lol:
Ride safe!

Offline Baxter

• Contributor
  • I broke the internet!
  • Motorcycles: Ninjette Noire
« Reply #7536 on: April 11, 2021, 02:23:20 PM »
Dusted. We're having people over for one of the very few times after Covid hit (like a dog kennel, we've all had our shots).  It's amazing how you can dust a room, and only a year later you have to dust it again.   ;)
People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing every day.  --Winnie the Pooh

Offline Vulcanbill

• Contributor
  • De omnibus dubitandum
  • Motorcycles: 2016 Kawasaki Versys 650 - ORANGE!!!!
« Reply #7537 on: April 11, 2021, 03:15:48 PM »
Just got done buzzing my head...and my chin...and some of my upper back   :-\  I used to be so into my hair.  Then it turned white.  I'm getting closer and closer to just going full Fudd.
If a person's primary concern is increasing freedom, they should prepare for a reduction in average lifespan.  ---  Misanthropist

If you say "Gullible" real slow, it sounds like "Orange"

Offline CLAY

• Super Moderator
  • Help me Mr. Wizard!!!
  • Motorcycles: '03 Bandit 1200S, '03 SV1K, '79 XS650 Tracker, '75 XS650 Standard
« Reply #7538 on: April 11, 2021, 08:46:39 PM »
Just got home from a week in Florida for Spring Break.  Went to some massive, unmasked raves, did some blow with my wife and some hookers.

Really we just hung out at a beach and enjoyed sun and lots of drinks.
"Most accidents happen when the meek meet the douchebags."  -Viffergyrl
"The wider the road, the worse the food." -Coho
Let's do some science.

Online coho

• Contributor
  • Probably not wearing pants.
  • Motorcycles: R1100RT (Gentleman's Express) - Guzzi V7II (Tiny Musclecar)
« Reply #7539 on: April 11, 2021, 09:02:58 PM »
Just got home from a week in Florida for Spring Break.  Went to some massive, unmasked raves, did some blow with off my wife and some hookers.

Edited for Dr. Thompson. :)
If it weren't for the therapeutic properties of the occasional off-camber decreasing radius downhill right-hander I'd almost certainly go completely sane.

"I like the beverages."  -CLAY

Offline minimac

« Reply #7540 on: April 12, 2021, 08:12:55 AM »
Just got home from a week in Florida for Spring Break.....

So you're the reason for the infection boom in Michigan.... But wasn't it really nice to live like real people for at least a week? ;)

Online Bounce

• Contributor
    • FJR-Tips
« Reply #7541 on: April 12, 2021, 10:29:00 AM »
Dusted. We're having people over for one of the very few times after Covid hit (like a dog kennel, we've all had our shots).  It's amazing how you can dust a room, and only a year later you have to dust it again.   ;)

We did that too! Youngest and her clan came over and cooked tacos for everyone for Wife's 62nd trip around the sun. Lots of fun. Everyone but me had had both shots. I still have about a week before the 2nd.

Offline CLAY

• Super Moderator
  • Help me Mr. Wizard!!!
  • Motorcycles: '03 Bandit 1200S, '03 SV1K, '79 XS650 Tracker, '75 XS650 Standard
« Reply #7542 on: April 12, 2021, 11:09:49 AM »
Just got home from a week in Florida for Spring Break.....

So you're the reason for the infection boom in Michigan.... But wasn't it really nice to live like real people for at least a week? ;)

LOL.  It was, but we were masked in every place we visited.  Still, as a teacher wearing one every day all day here it was nice to be on the beach spaced out without a mask on all day.
Let's do some science.

Offline Baxter

• Contributor
  • I broke the internet!
  • Motorcycles: Ninjette Noire
« Reply #7543 on: April 12, 2021, 03:54:30 PM »
My Honda Civic wouldn't start.  I put the battery on a charger for 4 hours and nothing.  So I bought a new battery and installed it this afternoon.  The car then asked for a magic code to activate the radio, as it regarded the power blink to be a sign of theft.  I just hit "next" and guess what, the radio works.   ;D  So did everything else, except trip memory, without having used any means of applying continuous power to the system while performing the operation.

Weird car, but it's willing and accommodating.
People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing every day.  --Winnie the Pooh

Online stevent

• Motorcycles: 2010 K1300GT
« Reply #7544 on: April 15, 2021, 07:06:32 PM »
Back from our "Epic Road Trip of 2021" and back to work. Still stinks. I feel like an ingrate because I have what's most likely the best job in the world, and I still don't want to do it anymore.

On a more positive note Arizona is an awesome place to spend a few days, and we picked up some stunningly good Cab Franc at Maryhill Winery on the way home.
"Sure I get the best parking spots, but who could love a man with a wooden leg and a face like a hens arse?"

Offline Andrew

• Contributor
  • Motorcycles: Got a Few
« Reply #7545 on: April 15, 2021, 08:21:31 PM »
Spent my day at my desk, work can sux, but I was productive.
I rewrote 4 training books. Well not really rewrote but updated to match the new fleet.  Some changes were major some minor. Having a fleet of only two manufactures does have it's advantages for the training department. Challenge is when one goes away and a new vendor takes it's place, lot of deleets and sourcing new material.
  Kind of hurts letting go of a fleet that has been around for almost 20 years go. I remember seeing them arrive, as a mechanic and now they are gone. We had a lot of issues with that fleet but in the end we made then reliable. The guys on the line are complaining about the complexity and "crappy design" of the new fleet. Darn kids they don't know how good they have it, says the old guy.  Ya maybe it was the same. Me I just let them know it is their challenge to make it as trusted as the last fleet was, the old guys did before you. Man up buttercup says the old guy.
Ok I am the one who is there any day any hour, they all have my #, passing on what I can. Ya maybe today was a bt slow, but it'll pay off on the long run.  ;)
Freedom without regulations that protect the general good is nothing less than anarchy by the rich.

"Riders might be worse than Kardashians for stupidity any more." Cornbe

Offline CLAY

• Super Moderator
  • Help me Mr. Wizard!!!
« Reply #7546 on: April 18, 2021, 06:32:49 PM »
Turned a MASSIVE cottonwood tree on the farm into (poor) firewood and didn't die.  Probably the biggest tree I've felled.  The bottom was rotten and we were afraid it would come down in a storm:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ta0zKgRXmE
A small portion of the wood:

Let's do some science.

Online Black Hills

« Reply #7547 on: April 18, 2021, 06:50:33 PM »
Bladed the driveway. If the forecast is correct it should be nice and smooth when the snow melts.

Online Bounce

• Contributor
    • FJR-Tips
« Reply #7548 on: April 19, 2021, 08:03:29 AM »
Found that no one I asked had the real answer about a 100# propane cylinder. No, it's not the weight when full. No it's not the weight of the tank (empty). It's the weight of the liquid priopan. The tank weight brought the total up closed to 300# and became a challenge for me to slide into the folded down back seat of the RS3 once it was filled. Had to dead-life one side, single-handed while the guy who did the filling held (and pushed) the other side as I cleared the paint and upholstery.

It sat there in the car for a few days until my brother came over to help me mode it to storage.

I think the long-term plan is to find a place that delivers propane to existing tanks.

Offline maddjack

• Contributor
  • UFO PILOT
« Reply #7549 on: April 20, 2021, 09:16:48 AM »
I had a mower marathon ,amazing grass can grow so much in 4 days and cool temps. Three mowings in 12 days, I dread warmer weather with rain coming as I'll probably need a machete after 4 days at this growth rate.
VIVA EL STINKO