Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: What did you do today Non moto  (Read 635256 times)

Online Vulcanbill

• Contributor
  • no thank you ... still
  • Motorcycles: XT250, Ninja 500R
Re: What did you do today Non moto
« Reply #6850 on: May 21, 2020, 11:51:18 AM »
Not as fancy as either of yours.

So when you said ebike, I wasn't picturing a dual squish full on mt bike.  Humpf...  That's nice. 
If a person's primary concern is increasing freedom, they should prepare for a reduction in average lifespan.  ---  Misanthropist

If you say "Gullible" real slow, it sounds like "Orange"

Offline Baxter

• Contributor
  • I broke the internet!
  • Motorcycles: Ninjette Noire
« Reply #6851 on: May 21, 2020, 01:50:38 PM »
Tidied up the garage, threw some junk/papers/delivery boxes out or recycled, now it's time to ride a little.

I had the elderly doggo out in the yard next to the garage while I was (hardly) working.  He seemed to enjoy the sun and being outside despite not being able to see or hear much of what was going on.  I did keep an eye out for predatory birds, we get hawks around here and he is meal-sized.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.  --Douglas Adams

Online Vulcanbill

• Contributor
  • no thank you ... still
« Reply #6852 on: May 21, 2020, 05:55:29 PM »
Yesterday my patience paid off as I went to pick up exercise equipment pieces 2 and 3 from that guy from work. They're moving. Got a nearly new treadmill and recumbant bike for 125 bucks. It's only about a grand worth of stuff but still a good score. I cleaned it up and both look nearly new. 😁
If a person's primary concern is increasing freedom, they should prepare for a reduction in average lifespan.  ---  Misanthropist

Online coho

• Contributor
  • Probably not wearing pants.
  • Motorcycles: R1100RT (Gentleman's Express) - StFU200 (The Dumbbike) - Guzzi V7II (Tiny Musclecar)
« Reply #6853 on: May 21, 2020, 06:08:48 PM »
Yesterday my patience paid off as I went to pick up exercise equipment pieces 2 and 3 from that guy from work. They're moving. Got a nearly new treadmill and recumbant bike for 125 bucks. It's only about a grand worth of stuff but still a good score. I cleaned it up and both look nearly new. 😁

Did the treadmill come with the coathangers or do you need to supply those yourself?  :razz:
If it weren't for the therapeutic properties of the occasional off-camber decreasing radius downhill right-hander I'd almost certainly go completely sane.

"I like the beverages."  -CLAY

Online miles

• Contributor
  • Motorcycles: Two of them
« Reply #6854 on: May 21, 2020, 06:34:03 PM »
Thirty miles on the cyclocross bike.
 :-[

Strava link?

I'm on as Maggie Geppert.  You can see all my very boring rides mostly on the same route.  Sometimes rides are less boring, like yesterday when it got cut short because there was police activity on the bike path. :o

Heh. Your “interrupted ride” trace looks like a space marine about to say “I’m doing my part!”

Your mother was a hamster and your father smelled of elderberries

Online Flyer

• Motorcycles: Ducati MTS1200ST. Cycles: Masi 3V/C.Record, Colnago C50/C.Record, Kona J.T.S./105.,Kona NuNu
« Reply #6855 on: May 22, 2020, 05:31:27 AM »

Strava link?

...see all my very boring rides...
I am pleased to report that I have yet to experience a boring ride.
My habitual out-and-back 50km is a hard focus timetrialesque route that I’ve done so many times, I know every ripple in the pavement. The enjoyment is in timely completion.
...and the after-cookies.
"We have constructed pyramids, in honour of our escaping." - Jim Morrison
"If you pour some music on whatever is wrong, it’ll sure help out” - Levon Helm
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Online jadziadax8

• Contributor
  • Yeah it's a girl's bike. THIS girl's bike.
  • Motorcycles: 2007 Kawasaki Ninja 650r
« Reply #6856 on: May 22, 2020, 06:30:07 AM »

Strava link?

I'm on as Maggie Geppert.  You can see all my very boring rides mostly on the same route.  Sometimes rides are less boring, like yesterday when it got cut short because there was police activity on the bike path. :o

Heh. Your “interrupted ride” trace looks like a space marine about to say “I’m doing my part!”

*chuckle*
She's got a worm in 'er belly? That's disgusting! That's interesting, but very disgusting. 

My Other Hobby

Online jadziadax8

• Contributor
  • Yeah it's a girl's bike. THIS girl's bike.
  • Motorcycles: 2007 Kawasaki Ninja 650r
« Reply #6857 on: May 22, 2020, 06:33:59 AM »

Strava link?

...see all my very boring rides...
I am pleased to report that I have yet to experience a boring ride.
My habitual out-and-back 50km is a hard focus timetrialesque route that I’ve done so many times, I know every ripple in the pavement. The enjoyment is in timely completion.
...and the after-cookies.

A regular 50 km route sounds amazing. I had something like that before we moved (not a TT per se), but I could cross the street, get on a crushed limestone trail, and do a 50 km loop easily. The town I live in now has nothing remotely like that.

Mmmm, cookies!

I have socks that say, “Will bike for wine.”
She's got a worm in 'er belly? That's disgusting! That's interesting, but very disgusting. 

My Other Hobby

Online radon222

• Contributor
  • It's all Scratch's fault
  • Motorcycles: R1200GSAW, R1200RT
« Reply #6858 on: May 22, 2020, 06:37:22 AM »
I had forgotten that I started a Strava account just to get rid of an annoying notification in the Garmin app for my watch.  The only thing on there lately are my daily doggy walks.  :-\

Online HipGnosis

• It's Hip, ya know
  • Motorcycles: F800ST(low), Ninja 650(R) ... Indian Scout (RIP)
« Reply #6859 on: May 22, 2020, 10:22:41 AM »
Went on a trail walk with my GF - first one in a while, even though we've both been saying we ought to...
Just over an hour
Would have been under an hour, but we missed a turn in the trial.
But that turned out to be kinda good, because we saw this (see attached pic).
I think it is (was) a hawk, from size of the bones and the feather
Life is made up of moments, small pieces of glittering mica in a long stretch of gray cement. We have to teach ourselves how to make room for them, to love them, and to live, really live. - Anna Quindlen

Offline Baxter

• Contributor
  • I broke the internet!
« Reply #6860 on: May 22, 2020, 04:32:42 PM »
I got my ancient and trusty ol' Bridgestone bicycle ready to ride.  I needed a new battery for the little trip computer, and the I pumped up the tires with the loudest little air compressor that Craftsman sells.

I then took everything that sits on the floor out of the garage and fired up the ol' Shop-Vac.  Got the cobwebs on the ceilings also.  Then it was time to put everything away and go for a ride.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.  --Douglas Adams

Online Flyer

• Motorcycles: Ducati MTS1200ST. Cycles: Masi 3V/C.Record, Colnago C50/C.Record, Kona J.T.S./105.,Kona NuNu
« Reply #6861 on: May 22, 2020, 04:54:27 PM »

I have socks that say, “Will bike for wine.”
My liver says that too.
 ;)
"We have constructed pyramids, in honour of our escaping." - Jim Morrison
"If you pour some music on whatever is wrong, it’ll sure help out” - Levon Helm
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Online Vulcanbill

• Contributor
  • no thank you ... still
« Reply #6862 on: May 24, 2020, 03:10:11 PM »
Installed the 100+ y/o farm bell that our amazing neighbor gave us.  We will age the mounting bits and plant some flowers around the base. I will be ringing that puppy tomorrow. Now I need to look up legit bell ringing reasons.

Offline Baxter

• Contributor
  • I broke the internet!
« Reply #6863 on: May 24, 2020, 08:49:15 PM »
The Milwaukee kin got together for a social distancing picnic this afternoon.  We tried this a weekend or so ago but one of my sis-in-laws started to get sick.  Turns out is wasn't COVID and she recovered after a couple of days.

This situation of being far apart when "getting together" is a bit odd feeling, but we each have people to protect so we acted responsibly.

Online HipGnosis

• It's Hip, ya know
« Reply #6864 on: May 27, 2020, 06:23:45 PM »
The Milwaukee kin got together for a social distancing picnic this afternoon.  We tried this a weekend or so ago but one of my sis-in-laws started to get sick.  Turns out is wasn't COVID and she recovered after a couple of days.

This situation of being far apart when "getting together" is a bit odd feeling, but we each have people to protect so we acted responsibly.
I've been seeing quite a few 'distanced get togethers' as I get around lately.    People in parking lots, away from the store or biz, sitting in lawn chairs in separate parking spots & facing ea other.  I saw one with a card table and one with a picnic umbrella.
Life is made up of moments, small pieces of glittering mica in a long stretch of gray cement. We have to teach ourselves how to make room for them, to love them, and to live, really live. - Anna Quindlen

Online HipGnosis

• It's Hip, ya know
« Reply #6865 on: May 27, 2020, 06:41:08 PM »
Today was a service day.
I found out the other day (ya, the first of a series of 80 deg days..) that my second garage door spring broke.    The first one broke in Dec, on a very (very) cold morning.   I jumped back when I heard it.  The door / opener made more noise, but it opened & closed.
I was gonna replace the springs this spring, but the covid has things all kurfuflled...
I was raised Catholic, so not riding a cpl days to not pay weekend / holiday rate was like a penance for putting things off.

I also had the internet provider do a service call.  My internet has been a bit slow the last week or so, and sometimes it was really slow, excruciatingly slow.   At first I thought it was due to the high use of home internet by everyone working, schooling, streaming from home.
Some diagnostics revealed that the cat 6 conn's were full speed, but the WiFi conn's were not.
The tech didn't even test the gateway (fiber modem, router, WiFi), just replaced it with a new model.   Now the WiFi is just as fast as the cat 6.
For some reason, my smart TV wouldn't see any WiFi conn's until I restarted it 3 times.

Then I mowed the lawn - it really needed it.   
Then I found out all my ice had evaporated - I don't use ice very often.
I'm gonna try putting some in a zip-lock.

Online Vulcanbill

• Contributor
  • no thank you ... still
« Reply #6866 on: May 27, 2020, 07:37:52 PM »
Kim and I built a long overdue workbench for the garage. It’s rather nice considering it’s nothing but 2x4s and 3/4” plywood.  Long overdue and extremely overbuilt. 😁

Online Bounce

• Contributor
    • FJR-Tips
  • Motorcycles: Yes
« Reply #6867 on: May 27, 2020, 09:23:22 PM »
Had to take the cat to the vet. Annual wellness and vaccines. All good. I sat out in the car while the staff took and delivered the cat to me. Nice actually as I listened to an audiobook while waiting.