Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: What did you do today Non moto  (Read 555215 times)

Skee, sleazy rider, radon222 and 14 Guests are viewing this topic.

Online Eh2zed

• ATW V2.0
  • Motorcycles: 2008 Honda CBF1000A and 2004 BMW R1100S
Re: What did you do today Non moto
« Reply #6200 on: November 24, 2019, 03:26:45 PM »
[quote author
Getting old blows.
[/quote]

Beats not getting old...
My GPS just told me to turn left, then turn left, then turn left, then turn left.
So if I go too far left do I end up right?

Offline minimac

• Practicing Neanderthal
  • Motorcycles: GL1500A,Burgman Executive, Majesty, Morphous
« Reply #6201 on: November 24, 2019, 08:01:51 PM »
Installed three new ceiling fans and changed some light fixtures at the new to us winter residence. Then went for a scooter ride. I quickly discovered that Florida drivers are every bit as bad as I heard.
old enough to know better

Offline Baxter

• Contributor
  • I broke the internet!
  • Motorcycles: Ninjette Noire
« Reply #6202 on: November 24, 2019, 08:40:28 PM »
Took down a set of vertical blinds on a sliding door at the outlaws.  Hung a curtain rod and a set of curtains in its place.  They are now ready for Thanksgiving.

Outlaws are discussing whether to donate the vertical blinds to a charity thrift store, or if they are so bad that they should just be trashed.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.  --Douglas Adams

Online sleazy rider

• Contributor
    • Da Blog!
  • Motorcycles: 1990 Suzuki DR350S
« Reply #6203 on: November 25, 2019, 11:03:59 AM »
Installed three new ceiling fans and changed some light fixtures at the new to us winter residence. Then went for a scooter ride. I quickly discovered that Florida drivers are every bit as bad as I heard.

Worse.  I'm ready to stuff several horn user with their own horns.  Beep at anything and everything.  Moron honked at me, why I don't know.  I couldn't go any faster with traffic surrounding me, but he damn near ate my bumper mounted cargo carrier in his impatience. 
--Tom

Online maddjack

• Contributor
  • UFO PILOT
  • Motorcycles: KLz1000 Versys
« Reply #6204 on: November 25, 2019, 12:53:49 PM »
Brought the Christmas decorations down from the attic, now to decide to what I will do as far as decorating.
VIVA EL STINKO

The little red bike is gone , sniff sniff, but the Batbike has begun.

Online Ray O'Sunshine

• Contributor
  • Cookie's bitch.
    • The Pace Motorcycle Podcast
  • Motorcycles: Honda DN-01
« Reply #6205 on: November 25, 2019, 06:41:51 PM »
Whoofah. Whirlwind couple of days. Cleaned the ducts where and how I could (which mainly just meant pulling the registers I could reach and vacuuming out). Scheduling a pro, soon. Cleaned the house as deeply as we reasonably could, then hired a service to do a deep cleaning. Got air filters, ordering more when paydays allow. Replaced the furnace filter again. Wiped down the whole house with citrus-based cleaner, used mold killer and general air freshener where reasonable. Ordered some heavier-duty stuff for future use. Did the same where I could with both cars. They need a good wet washing inside - dog hair and spores. Washed all the laundry. Brushed, clipped, and bathed the dog. Brushed the cats. Got allergy meds updated. I'm deathly allergic to molds and mildews. I'm less-but-still-noticeably allergic to cats and dogs.

The last year I've just been getting sicker and sicker. When it comes to mildew and mold, I get asthmatic after a while. I've been getting to that point. Like, I thought I was having real, honest lung disease issues (I've never been a smoker) and/or circulatory issues. Nope, just allergies. Still generally healthy as the proverbial horse with carrying a few extra pounds and mildly elevated cholesterol.

But holy crap, histamine levels, breathing issues, and air quality around here all had me on the brink of breathing panic pretty much at all times. I'm not sure I can stand living here for the long term; we live right next to wet woods because like most of this general area, it's all clay and flat, and water run off and proper draining back to natural water collection and eco-systems is almost non-existent. So yeah... stuff is always wet and mildewy and moldy. While the house isn't, the woods 20 feet from the back door definitely are.

So it's a mess here.

If you have mold and mildew allergies, you're probably WAY smarter than I am and not living next to the wet woods. :)

Starting to feel better. Allergy shots (coming up), nasal sprays, pills, and avoiding the wet has me back on my feet and feeling better. Scary how yucky I got to feeling, and how quickly I went from "meh..." to "holy crap, should I got to the hospital before I die????" in the last couple of weeks. Scary stuff.

Allergies suck. Give them their due attention, and do what you can to mitigate. It all adds up over time.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2019, 08:59:08 PM by The Artist Formerly Known As Bubbles »
this signature on hold pending review

Online Cookie

• Super Moderator
  • I am bored.
  • Motorcycles: '16 Moto Guzzi Audace, '10 Ural T
« Reply #6206 on: November 25, 2019, 06:44:24 PM »
Tl;dr
Bubbles is my bitch.

Online Ray O'Sunshine

• Contributor
  • Cookie's bitch.
« Reply #6207 on: November 25, 2019, 06:51:48 PM »
Tl;dr

serious allergies can really fuck your shit up

Offline Baxter

• Contributor
  • I broke the internet!
« Reply #6208 on: November 25, 2019, 07:26:36 PM »
Tl;dr

serious allergies can really fuck your shit up

Sick House Syndrome?  What you said sounds way serious.  Hope what you've done works.

I thought I had problems since I'm on 3 drugs per day.  But I just get clogged up and develop sinus infections.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.  --Douglas Adams

Online Ray O'Sunshine

• Contributor
  • Cookie's bitch.
« Reply #6209 on: November 25, 2019, 09:04:15 PM »
Sick House Syndrome?

As is the building where my company's meeting rooms and sales office is. I felt great heading to the office today. After two hours I had - *HAD* - to leave because I couldn't breathe, face was flushed, short on breath. After an hour away, I started feeling much better. I hate going in to that office, and since I'm already on such a hair-trigger on reactions right now, this gives me all the more reason to skip the in-person meetings for a few months while I'm recovering.

Seriously, this sucks. I've been sleeping in a chair for about a month now - I went to IKEA and got a special chair with all the right angles to sleep in just because every time I lay down, my head fills up and I can't breathe again within minutes. But it's working. This latest round of deep, deep cleaning, and getting super proactive about controlling and avoiding any mold build up will help tons.

Again, cautionary tale; do not just power through your allergies. They can be cumulative and leave you in some deep shit. :\

Online Bounce

• Contributor
    • FJR-Tips
  • Motorcycles: Yes
« Reply #6210 on: November 26, 2019, 08:14:49 AM »
All the feelz!

I grew up with my Mom having allergies to what seemed like nearly everything. The least thing and it would be an asthma attack and then straight to bronchitis. Not fun. Decades later, we learned they had a name for it: Multiple Chemical Sensitivity Disorder. Watching "The Dust Bowl" we also learned that kids of that age (her) sometimes had an unknown fever that became known as "dust fever" because of the particulates in the air that got into their lungs (and which she remembered having while we watched it).

Online sleazy rider

• Contributor
    • Da Blog!
« Reply #6211 on: November 26, 2019, 08:32:27 AM »
 :wave:

Coffee in hand, sun’s up and headed for a wonderful day.

Picture fixed to keep the water in the pool.  Damn iPhone uploads.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2019, 09:20:17 AM by sleazy rider »
--Tom

Offline Baxter

• Contributor
  • I broke the internet!
« Reply #6212 on: November 26, 2019, 09:30:25 AM »
Sick House Syndrome?

As is the building where my company's meeting rooms and sales office is. I felt great heading to the office today. After two hours I had - *HAD* - to leave because I couldn't breathe, face was flushed, short on breath. After an hour away, I started feeling much better. I hate going in to that office, and since I'm already on such a hair-trigger on reactions right now, this gives me all the more reason to skip the in-person meetings for a few months while I'm recovering.

Seriously, this sucks. I've been sleeping in a chair for about a month now - I went to IKEA and got a special chair with all the right angles to sleep in just because every time I lay down, my head fills up and I can't breathe again within minutes. But it's working. This latest round of deep, deep cleaning, and getting super proactive about controlling and avoiding any mold build up will help tons.

Again, cautionary tale; do not just power through your allergies. They can be cumulative and leave you in some deep shit. :\

Your level of allergies might rise to a disability.  The Americans with Disabilities Act should require your employer to address allergies within the concept of a reasonable accommodation for a disability.  My employer cleaned the air ducts for an employee with asthma and it helped her immensely.  (The ducts might not have been cleaned since they were installed about 60 years prior, according to our facilities records, and that included decades of smoking. We were all grossed out to see the accumulated gunk that was removed.)

I hope you are successful.

Offline Baxter

• Contributor
  • I broke the internet!
« Reply #6213 on: November 26, 2019, 10:11:25 AM »
Just renewed health insurance.  The same plan went down $42/month for the two of us.  Not much, but it's in the right direction.

Also emptied the old ice from the kitchen and beer fridges so we have fresh ice for Thanksgiving guests. I didn't think the ice had become stale as we have been using it frequently, but it doesn't hurt to make certain that it hasn't had a chance to get off-tasting.

Offline Baxter

• Contributor
  • I broke the internet!
« Reply #6214 on: November 26, 2019, 07:19:17 PM »
Thanksgiving is almost here.  Today I restocked the beer fridge, the auxiliary beer fridge and the emergency beer stash with a variety of beers, beer substitutes, mixers, pops and white wines.  Also bought sausage sticks and pickled herring.  We already have plenty of red wines, liquors and cheese curds. 

My wife will be getting the other stuff.  It's surprising how we have different ideas about what is necessary for a house full of guests. She's planning veggie dip and a sweet wine/Aperol spritzer.

Offline Baxter

• Contributor
  • I broke the internet!
« Reply #6215 on: November 28, 2019, 05:22:54 PM »
Happy Thanksgiving!

Online slayman

• Motorcycles: 05 ZZR 1200, 84 GPZ 550 (not running)
« Reply #6216 on: November 30, 2019, 11:37:13 AM »
Drove a trike(ish):
"James Bond killed many men with a .380 and that's all I need to know." Cookie 2015-02-12

Online Bounce

• Contributor
    • FJR-Tips
« Reply #6217 on: December 01, 2019, 09:55:22 AM »
Started the tedious (not hard) job of updating all my web site referenced to https

Offline CLAY

• Super Moderator
  • Otay!
  • Motorcycles: '03 Bandit 1200S, '97 XR650L, '79 XS650 Tracker, '75 XS650 Standard
« Reply #6218 on: December 01, 2019, 02:35:21 PM »
Put the deck back on the tractor, mulched up the rest of the leaves yesterday.  God thing, 2-3 inches of REALLY wet snow this morning.  HORRIBLE driving conditions.  The slush just pulls you every which way.
"Most accidents happen when the meek meet the douchebags."  -Viffergyrl
"The wider the road, the worse the food." -Coho
"Buckwheat is dead"

Offline Baxter

• Contributor
  • I broke the internet!
« Reply #6219 on: December 02, 2019, 04:29:54 PM »
A little cleaning up after the chaos, followed by a trip to restock the beer fridges and replenish the wine rack.  We are ready for the next round of festivities.  ;D

I found more good wines on sale today than we drank over Thanksgiving, so we're good there.  But my wall mounted wine rack and the three table top racks can probably hold a hundred additional bottles.  We drank all our wine in preparation for our move last summer, so we started back from zero in August.  And I refuse to buy unless it's on a good sale.  So we've been slowly restocking as we get to know the liquor outlets in the Milwaukee metro.

We also seem to have Thanksgiving leftovers to suffice for more than a week.   :wings: 

Offline Baxter

• Contributor
  • I broke the internet!
« Reply #6220 on: December 04, 2019, 06:02:40 PM »
My midweight winter jacket has been getting its zipper out of alignment, making it difficult to do it's namesake property of zipping.  So I first tried the old remedy of rubbing the teeth with candlewax to act as a lubricant.  Nah, didn't do anything. So the next step was replacing the pull.  That did the trick. 

Why's this worthy of being mentioned?  I bought the jacket in 1991 and it still looks almost new. It's a Lands End (before they sold out to Sears) short length Squall Jacket. It's kinda become a thing for me to see how long I can make it last.

Offline minimac

• Practicing Neanderthal
  • Motorcycles: GL1500A,Burgman Executive, Majesty, Morphous
« Reply #6221 on: December 05, 2019, 07:53:43 AM »
.......It's kinda become a thing for me to see how long I can make it last.

I would think it's more of a thing to see how long it will fit!  :)
old enough to know better

Online Bounce

• Contributor
    • FJR-Tips
« Reply #6222 on: December 05, 2019, 08:46:43 AM »
My Carhart jacket is like that. Built hell-for-stout.

Offline Baxter

• Contributor
  • I broke the internet!
« Reply #6223 on: December 05, 2019, 03:31:38 PM »
.......It's kinda become a thing for me to see how long I can make it last.

I would think it's more of a thing to see how long it will fit!  :)

Yep, I'm not in the same shape as I was back then.  But as I mentioned in another thread, diabetes runs in my family. So I've tried to not let myself go as much as I might have done if that wasn't the case.  I had examples of what bad can happen right in front of me growing up.  And examples of how taking better care can ward off those bad things.  So while I ought to loose about 10 pounds and do more cardio, my waist has only gone up about 2 inches over the past three decades and my jacket size is still the same. 

Online Cookie

• Super Moderator
  • I am bored.
« Reply #6224 on: December 05, 2019, 03:51:52 PM »
My Carhart jacket is like that. Built hell-for-stout.

Mine is 15 years and still good.
Bubbles is my bitch.

Offline Baxter

• Contributor
  • I broke the internet!
« Reply #6225 on: December 05, 2019, 04:24:02 PM »
As I write this, I'm in the auxiliary comfy chair in the living room, drinking a mug of hot cider with a shake of nutmeg and a shot of Captain Morgan.  The doggo is snoring next to me.  The surround sound is tuned to Pandora Hipster Holidays.  And I should get off of my butt and finish the Tree before my wife gets home.

But first I'm going to text my niece that she can sing Silver Bells better than the version recorded by She and Him.

Online stevent

• Motorcycles: 2010 K1300GT
« Reply #6226 on: December 06, 2019, 12:27:58 PM »
I got my whiz-bang new knee brace (in stylish Seattle Sounders rave green) I'm supposed to wear it for a couple of hours each day until I get used to it. Seems to work pretty well 👍
"Sure I get the best parking spots, but who could love a man with a wooden leg and a face like a chickens arse?"

Offline Baxter

• Contributor
  • I broke the internet!
« Reply #6227 on: December 09, 2019, 10:17:17 PM »
Today I located a doctors' office that works with my insurance and made an appointment.  They're just around the corner from my little condo neighborhood, very convenient.  I made this effort because my blood pressure meds are nearing the end of the refill cycle, and I need to get this done so I don't run out.  If it wasn't for this, I'd probably wait until next year for a physical before finding a doc.

I only went in when I wasn't feeling well from my 20s to my 40s.  Now I should probably do the adult thing and have regular checkups.  Responsibility is a humbug!

Offline Baxter

• Contributor
  • I broke the internet!
« Reply #6228 on: December 09, 2019, 10:19:11 PM »
I got my whiz-bang new knee brace (in stylish Seattle Sounders rave green) I'm supposed to wear it for a couple of hours each day until I get used to it. Seems to work pretty well 👍

That looks like Kawasaki Racing colors to me!

Online Bounce

• Contributor
    • FJR-Tips
« Reply #6229 on: December 10, 2019, 08:19:59 AM »
Yesterday morning, 8:30am. Out leaf blowing in a scrub top, shorts, and sandals. This morning, it's sub-freezing out with rain/sleet.

Online maddjack

• Contributor
  • UFO PILOT
« Reply #6230 on: December 10, 2019, 09:39:55 AM »
Decorated the outside of the house for Christmas. :bigsmile:
VIVA EL STINKO

Online Eh2zed

• ATW V2.0
« Reply #6231 on: December 10, 2019, 10:11:41 PM »
Helped a buddy caulk the crap out of his RV trailer. He’s got a huge mice 🐁 issue. The builders of his trailer ought to be slapped. The cut holes in the floor 3” in diameter and then run 1 1/2” pipe through which leaves a bloody interstate highway for the little bastards to get in.
My GPS just told me to turn left, then turn left, then turn left, then turn left.

Offline Baxter

• Contributor
  • I broke the internet!
« Reply #6232 on: Yesterday at 08:37:10 PM »
Possibly should have posted this in the good thing thread.  But …

We just returned from the condo association Christmas Party.  My wife and I have just gone from being the oldest couple at the Office Christmas Party to being the youngest at the Condo Party!

Offline Jay547

• Motorcycles: Yamaha FJ-09, Honda CRF450L, Honda CR250, Yamaha AT-125, Suzuki DR200
« Reply #6233 on: Yesterday at 09:39:15 PM »
I'm a licensed land surveyor in Oklahoma. I went to Topeka, Kansas today to test for their license. I think I passed - hope.

Online Ray O'Sunshine

• Contributor
  • Cookie's bitch.
« Reply #6234 on: Yesterday at 10:00:06 PM »
Today I spent mostly sleeping and recovering from an all nighter last night, which is about the 6th or 7th one in the past couple weeks trying to get a full rewrite, which started out as "I can finish those few features" since we fired a coding house and took back a project they were sorely, horribly, laughably mismanaging.

If you want to hire a coding house, stay as far away from Dev Digital as you can. 100% budget off-shore coding, and it's some of the laziest, sloppiest, most poorly constructed work I've ever seen in my ~30 years of being in I.T. It *almost* makes me want to get back into the full time gigging thing again. I could make some serious bank just fixing post-offshoring reclamations of projects and code bases.

Online Bounce

• Contributor
    • FJR-Tips
« Reply #6235 on: Today at 08:56:36 AM »
Today I spent mostly sleeping and recovering from an all nighter last night

Get your beauty rest, Sunshine.

Online Ray O'Sunshine

• Contributor
  • Cookie's bitch.
« Reply #6236 on: Today at 09:12:29 AM »
Today I spent mostly sleeping and recovering from an all nighter last night

Get your beauty rest, Sunshine.

I used to be human. Now...

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Online Eh2zed

• ATW V2.0
« Reply #6237 on: Today at 10:33:48 AM »
I went to the dentist. It’s sooo much fun. Especially the “it’s not covered by OHIP” part.

Online sleazy rider

• Contributor
    • Da Blog!
« Reply #6238 on: Today at 10:43:04 AM »
~Day 8 of a winter cold.  I was up and down last night with chills and sweats.  Please go away already.  This morning has just been another gray foggy day internally.
--Tom

Online stevent

• Motorcycles: 2010 K1300GT
« Reply #6239 on: Today at 01:01:21 PM »

Well so much for that. After a week of trying I'm not so confidant anymore. If I have it tight enough to really work then I can barely bend my leg enough to get in and out of the car. Plus it digs in my leg uncomfortably, if it's loose enough to be kinda' comfortable then it doesn't really work. I can't get my foot far enough back to ride the bike either way and it's clanking on the tank etc. Plus I have to wear shorts all the time because it won't fit comfortably under my pants and I have to have access to keep adjusting it.

I guess I'll just stick to my cane which I still have to use anyway even with the knee brace.
"Sure I get the best parking spots, but who could love a man with a wooden leg and a face like a chickens arse?"

Online maddjack

• Contributor
  • UFO PILOT
« Reply #6240 on: Today at 01:20:55 PM »
Finished Christmas shopping for the wife. DONE! :banana:
VIVA EL STINKO

Online Ray O'Sunshine

• Contributor
  • Cookie's bitch.
« Reply #6241 on: Today at 01:34:23 PM »
Finished Christmas shopping for the wife. DONE! :banana:

We've agreed to just do stocking stuffers this year. We's be freaking broke. I'm so glad she's not a materialistic kind of woman. Makes the holidays so much better when I know that's not what it's about for her. I usually get her one big thing and pepper in some smaller, really personal things. This year, there's no one big thing, and that's ok. Last year was her Gretsch 2450, she plays that all the time, so it was the absolute right thing. :)

Online Black Hills

• Motorcycles: KTM 1290 Adventure R, KTM300xcw, 1290 SuperDuke
« Reply #6242 on: Today at 01:55:55 PM »
I get my wife a season pass at our local ski hill every October, that's her Christmas present. If I try to give her anything else she returns it?
the above are merely the ramblings of a hamfisted fuckwit who has broken too many helmets.

Offline Baxter

• Contributor
  • I broke the internet!
« Reply #6243 on: Today at 03:12:01 PM »
The four month delayed bedframe for the king bed we bought when we moved to the new place finally arrived today.  So I took the last three hours setting it up, getting all the bedroom furniture in its proper and final locations, and breaking down the shipping boxes for recycling.  I also vacuumed under the bed for the last time between now and when we move to an old folks home.  At last, the bed doesn't look like two hospital beds pushed up next to each other. 

And I finally got an explanation of the delay.  Not wanting to open a political can-o-worms, but it turns out that this Kentucky based furniture company actually had its stuff made in China.  The delay was because they were transferring production from China to Vietnam to avoid the upcoming tariffs on Chinese goods.  Everyone can make their own opinion about the effectiveness of the trade war at bring manufacturing back to the US.

Online Cookie

• Super Moderator
  • I am bored.
« Reply #6244 on: Today at 04:19:51 PM »
Pressure washed the Luxury SUV and the John Deere.
Bubbles is my bitch.