Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: What did you do today Non moto  (Read 541842 times)

Flyer, rgbeard and 22 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline Baxter

• Contributor
  • I broke the internet!
  • Motorcycles: Ninjette 400, farkled for long distances
Re: What did you do today Non moto
« Reply #6000 on: September 27, 2019, 08:28:05 AM »
So far today, I've made coffee!

But since it will be raining all day, I'm going to set up the basement tv and surround sound.  This is probably the last "move in" project at the new home.  Next up … I need to get the gumption for painting.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.  --Douglas Adams

Online Bounce

• Contributor
    • FJR-Tips
  • Motorcycles: Yes
« Reply #6001 on: September 27, 2019, 09:18:31 AM »
Back to the range again yesterday. Got refills on its favorite ammo so finished zeroing the new scope.

Walking in the sorta-zero from last week to the final zero. The 2nd photo is 2 groups @ under 0.5 MOA. Good enough for Playa playtime.

Offline Skee

• Contributor
  • Motorcycles: 2019 Versys
« Reply #6002 on: September 27, 2019, 03:38:11 PM »
So far today, I've made coffee!

Upvote +1

After I finished a pot of American style coffee, I made cappuccino.  Then I made caffè corretto.  I could be at this all night.
The fishermen know that the sea is dangerous and the storm terrible,
but they have never found these dangers sufficient reason for remaining ashore.   Vincent van Gogh

Online slayman

• Motorcycles: 05 ZZR 1200, 84 GPZ 550 (not running)
« Reply #6003 on: September 27, 2019, 05:38:40 PM »
Regarding coffee, enjoyed a Newground hard dutch latte beverage https://www.brewbound.com/news/fundamental-beverages-launches-newground-hard-dutch-lattes ,while installing handrail on the new deck.
"James Bond killed many men with a .380 and that's all I need to know." Cookie 2015-02-12

Offline Skee

• Contributor
  • Motorcycles: 2019 Versys
« Reply #6004 on: September 27, 2019, 06:46:00 PM »
Looks like a great spot to enjoy a cup of coffee.
The fishermen know that the sea is dangerous and the storm terrible,
but they have never found these dangers sufficient reason for remaining ashore.   Vincent van Gogh

Offline maddjack

• Contributor
  • UFO PILOT
  • Motorcycles: KLz1000 Versys
« Reply #6005 on: September 27, 2019, 06:50:48 PM »
Cleaned all my bird feeders with the prescribed bleach water solution. Ready for winter.
VIVA EL STINKO

The little red bike is gone , sniff sniff, but the Batbike has begun.

Offline Baxter

• Contributor
  • I broke the internet!
« Reply #6006 on: October 02, 2019, 03:44:05 AM »
I just walked the dog (see avitar), in the rain, at 3:30 am.  I'm online while waiting for the doggo to dry off & settle down before going back to bed so my wife can sleep undisturbed. 
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.  --Douglas Adams

Online Cookie

• Super Moderator
  • I am bored.
  • Motorcycles: '16 Moto Guzzi Audace, '10 Ural T
« Reply #6007 on: October 02, 2019, 05:18:32 AM »
Woke up about a half hour before this guy. 👆
i eats paste

Offline minimac

• Practicing Neanderthal
  • Motorcycles: GL1500A,Burgman Executive, Majesty, Morphous
« Reply #6008 on: October 02, 2019, 11:26:20 AM »
Just picked up(free!) a very nice, old, .410 over/under shot gun from an older gentleman that no longer had any use for it.  I cut his lawn for him while he was recovering from an extended hospital stay and rehab. Sometimes it pays to be  nice to the neighbor. ;)
old enough to know better

Online Cookie

• Super Moderator
  • I am bored.
« Reply #6009 on: October 02, 2019, 11:27:42 AM »
A fine chipmunk killing rifle.
i eats paste

Offline Eh2zed

• ATW V2.0
  • Motorcycles: 2008 Honda CBF1000A and 2004 BMW R1100S
« Reply #6010 on: October 02, 2019, 01:10:00 PM »
Built a bed although I did it while negotiating the lumber around my bike. Does that mean I’ve broken the spirit of the thread because I mentioned a Honda?
Clearly I’m posting because I have nothing else to do right now.
True. I’m waiting for the urethane to dry so I can do a 2nd coat.
My GPS just told me to turn left, then turn left, then turn left, then turn left.
So if I go too far left do I end up right?

Offline Eh2zed

• ATW V2.0
  • Motorcycles: 2008 Honda CBF1000A and 2004 BMW R1100S
« Reply #6011 on: October 02, 2019, 01:10:47 PM »
I’m literally watching paint dry.
My GPS just told me to turn left, then turn left, then turn left, then turn left.
So if I go too far left do I end up right?

Offline Baxter

• Contributor
  • I broke the internet!
« Reply #6012 on: October 02, 2019, 02:34:27 PM »
Woke up about a half hour before this guy. 👆

You have my sympathy.

Online Cookie

• Super Moderator
  • I am bored.
« Reply #6013 on: October 02, 2019, 03:11:43 PM »
Mixed and poured concrete in the rain.

Good times.
i eats paste

Online Vulcanbill

• Contributor
  • no thank you ... still
  • Motorcycles: XT250, Ninja 500R
« Reply #6014 on: October 02, 2019, 05:24:07 PM »
Rode the long life sucking commute home...FOR THE LAST TIME!!!!!  woot woot

Next trip to work will be at a bitching new location that has a back way in on steep dirt roads. 😁🙊

If a person's primary concern is increasing freedom, they should prepare for a reduction in average lifespan.  ---  Misanthropist

If you say "Gullible" real slow, it sounds like "Orange"

Online Cookie

• Super Moderator
  • I am bored.
« Reply #6015 on: October 02, 2019, 05:36:53 PM »
Forgot to go to staples to pick up a mailing tube.
i eats paste

Online sleazy rider

• Contributor
    • Da Blog!
  • Motorcycles: 1990 Suzuki DR350S
« Reply #6016 on: October 02, 2019, 06:37:01 PM »
Picked up the last load of fertilizer for the year.  Now if it would just quit raining!
--Tom

Offline Leanintree

• Yay Motorcycles!
  • Motorcycles: yes
« Reply #6017 on: October 03, 2019, 10:52:51 AM »
Spent a couple hours trimming the proceeds of our very first foray into marijuana gardening. (Before anyone gets their panties in a bunch, it's perfectly legal here in Colorado, and I am (excessively) of legal age, and this is my property, rabidly protected from trespass by myself and at least 1 murderous housecat. And another lazy old puddy-tat. )

And I just burned a half an hour writing up a witty, insightful post regarding this activity, and accidentally pushed back on my browser... deleting it unposted. DAMMIT!!!.

Short story is thus:

Built a raised garden this spring. Raised veggies. Had to pull some lettuce plants before they took over. A buddy had free starts of a Devils Lettuce hybrid. Said 'why not?' and planted 3 of them to see what it was all about. As a kid, it would have been illegal and dangerous, now, not so much. Watered automatically. Fertilized occasionally. Ended up with 8-10.5 ft TREES in the garden that could be seen over the back fence, and smelled like a young skunk got run over in the street.

After doing some research on proper harvesting, we hacked these 3 monsters prior to the first possible freeze this week. and have trimmed and hung them according to directions. Now my basement smells funny, and I feel like I need a constant track of Cypress Hill playing in the background. I substituted Pink Floyd, Dave Matthews and Goldfinger instead.

Pics of trees and proceeds drying. There. Short and sweet, if not so artful.
LT  <--- (hey look, a new meaning for my handle! )

Spankin new garden!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

What a cute ‘lil planting…

Holy gods, look what that turned into!

I began to understand how Dr. Frankenstein felt… For reference, I’m 6’3” and my hand is approximately at 8ft.

Correction… EXACTLY how Doc Franks felt…

Then… They began to flower. All those years ago reading High Times ‘for the articles’… Who knew that it was this easy to take those pics?

It’s remarkably hard to take a good picture through a loupe… Looking like its close to harvest time!

Basement is going to stink for about a week more…

Still some left to denude too. Remarkably messy process. Keep a bottle of isopropyl alcohol on hand to clean tools and gloved hands… and doorknobs. And anything else you touch. Felt gooey until I figured out that trick. The cat was displeased.

BONUS (since I already photo-carpetbombed this thread):    The hops are doing well too!

Great googly-moogly!

Online The Artist Formerly Known As Bubbles

• Contributor
  • Burdened with glorious purpose.
    • The Pace Motorcycle Podcast
  • Motorcycles: Honda DN-01
« Reply #6018 on: October 03, 2019, 11:15:45 AM »
Buffed and submitted resume.
this signature on hold pending review

Online stevent

• Motorcycles: 2010 K1300GT
« Reply #6019 on: October 03, 2019, 11:43:43 AM »
I'm wading through a 60% Engineering submittal for a plant upgrade at our Kent site. Pretty interesting for the most part.
"Sure I get the best parking spots, but who could love a man with a wooden leg and a face like a chickens arse?"

Online Bounce

• Contributor
    • FJR-Tips
« Reply #6020 on: October 03, 2019, 01:46:40 PM »
This

Online CLAY

• Super Moderator
  • Otay!
  • Motorcycles: '03 Bandit 1200S, '97 XR650L, '79 XS650 Tracker, '75 XS650 Standard
« Reply #6021 on: October 03, 2019, 08:52:44 PM »
Spent a couple hours trimming the proceeds of our very first foray into marijuana gardening. (Before anyone gets their panties in a bunch, it's perfectly legal here in Colorado, and I am (excessively) of legal age, and this is my property, rabidly protected from trespass by myself and at least 1 murderous housecat. And another lazy old puddy-tat. )

And I just burned a half an hour writing up a witty, insightful post regarding this activity, and accidentally pushed back on my browser... deleting it unposted. DAMMIT!!!.

Short story is thus:

Built a raised garden this spring. Raised veggies. Had to pull some lettuce plants before they took over. A buddy had free starts of a Devils Lettuce hybrid. Said 'why not?' and planted 3 of them to see what it was all about. As a kid, it would have been illegal and dangerous, now, not so much. Watered automatically. Fertilized occasionally. Ended up with 8-10.5 ft TREES in the garden that could be seen over the back fence, and smelled like a young skunk got run over in the street.

After doing some research on proper harvesting, we hacked these 3 monsters prior to the first possible freeze this week. and have trimmed and hung them according to directions. Now my basement smells funny, and I feel like I need a constant track of Cypress Hill playing in the background. I substituted Pink Floyd, Dave Matthews and Goldfinger instead.

Pics of trees and proceeds drying. There. Short and sweet, if not so artful.
LT  <--- (hey look, a new meaning for my handle! )

It’s remarkably hard to take a good picture through a loupe… Looking like its close to harvest time!

Basement is going to stink for about a week more…

So what are your plans for it?

In Michigan it's legal now as well.  You can raise and grow it, but they haven't rolled out the sales procedure yet.  I know a grower who's been growing for years- medically, since they legalized that here several years ago.  I tried it a couple times to experiment.  I enjoyed it so much I knew I couldn't partake at home.   :bigsmile:

Of course being of the Libertarian bent as soon as it became legal I got a bud from a friend, put it in a bag, and hung it in my barn.   :bigok:
"Most accidents happen when the meek meet the douchebags."  -Viffergyrl
"The wider the road, the worse the food." -Coho
"Buckwheat is dead"

Offline Leanintree

• Yay Motorcycles!
  • Motorcycles: yes
« Reply #6022 on: October 03, 2019, 09:53:01 PM »

So what are your plans for it?

In Michigan it's legal now as well.  You can raise and grow it, but they haven't rolled out the sales procedure yet.  I know a grower who's been growing for years- medically, since they legalized that here several years ago.  I tried it a couple times to experiment.  I enjoyed it so much I knew I couldn't partake at home.   :bigsmile:

Of course being of the Libertarian bent as soon as it became legal I got a bud from a friend, put it in a bag, and hung it in my barn.   :bigok:

Likely we'll keep it. The wife still partakes for hiking, I'm much more for the edibles (slower burn, longer effects).  Also expecting to gift it out for Xmas, or trade for something different.

In a related vein, when legalization passed here, I had a bunch of old friends who immediately cultivated their full allotment. They all ended up with a gallon jar full. Each and every one of them smoked the first 2 inches of the jar, then were more interested in something different and ended up at the dispensary. The rest of the jar was gifted, or more often bartered. I know folks who grow for no other reason than to trade for snow shoveling, or lawn mowing, or minor home repair, or dog walking or whatever. It's less of a black market than a barter economy for defraying minor costs. Seeing how much effort it takes, I see that it's a win win all around though.

LT

Great googly-moogly!

Offline Baxter

• Contributor
  • I broke the internet!
« Reply #6023 on: October 05, 2019, 12:28:47 PM »
Buffed and submitted resume.

Good Luck!

Offline Baxter

• Contributor
  • I broke the internet!
« Reply #6024 on: October 05, 2019, 12:36:57 PM »
It seemed a good morning to play with our basement beer fridge.  One of the rear wheels had broken, and we wanted to reverse the door hinges to better work in the new place.  Tedious but not difficult.  But this doesn't end the beer fridge saga.  I have to shave 1/2 inch of counter overhang to fit the beer fridge in the space allotted for it in the basement bar (the former owners' contractor left an inch overhang--in my opinion, there should be no more than 1/4 inch overhang into the fridge space), and I need to run a water line from the sink through several cabinets to connect the ice maker.  Then, the beer fridge will be done.

But until then, it's stocked with 5 types of beer, 3 types of pop, 2 types of hard cider, mixers, and also holds the white wine overstock from the mail main floor bar.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2019, 10:59:05 AM by Baxter »

• Contributor
« Reply #6025 on: October 05, 2019, 12:54:31 PM »
It seemed a good morning to play with our basement beer fridge.  One of the rear wheels had broken, and we wanted to reverse the door hinges to better work in the new place.  Tedious but not difficult.  But this doesn't end the beer fridge saga.  I have to shave 1/2 inch of counter overhang to fit the beer fridge in the space allotted for it in the basement bar (the former owners' contractor left an inch overhang--in my opinion, there should be no more than 1/4 inch overhang into the fridge space), and I need to run a water line from the sink through several cabinets to connect the ice maker.  Then, the beer fridge will be done.

But until then, it's stocked with 5 types of beer, 3 types of pop, 2 types of hard cider, mixers, and also holds the white wine overstock from the mail floor bar.

I love everything about this.

Today I'm working on a short-term-contract gig.
Tomorrow is a garage day.
Monday is ANOTHER contract gig kick off.

Monday, I should be back on COBRA for health care, and that leaves me some time to do the job search thing again, or work all the contract gigs I can, and bank up some good will with a few contracting houses for contract-to-full-time gigs. I'm still trying to avoid the big-corp stuff and stick to small-biz and med-biz stuff, and through all this I've still been able to maintain rent, child support, car insurance, and the utilities, and just got my daughter into a car[1] after her Subaru exploded and died on basically the ONE (major) part that wasn't replaced by the PO. And all without going back to court to adjust the child support down even though I'm making probably half of what I was a couple years ago. Not bad for a "loser who never even went to college", I guess. :D

Protip: if the front diff lets go on a Subaru and you're not truly and properly invested and in love with the car, just light it on fire where it sits. I promise you it'll be cheaper.  :eek:

1. To be fair, I handed my 16-year-old Pathfinder off to her, and Liz got me into a 10 year old Navigator. It's quite nice and ridiculously big, but more importantly, has more-than-ample towing capacity, lots of seating, and came with a warranty.

Online Papa Lazarou

• Contributor
  • For further information, please re-read.
  • Motorcycles: Moto Guzzi Griso 1200SE Diablo Rosso
« Reply #6026 on: October 05, 2019, 02:55:33 PM »
you're all a bunch of druggies.

and the magic mushrooms are up over here.
Putting the laughter back into manslaughter

Online sleazy rider

• Contributor
    • Da Blog!
  • Motorcycles: 1990 Suzuki DR350S
« Reply #6027 on: October 05, 2019, 03:25:25 PM »
you're all a bunch of druggies.

and the magic mushrooms are up over here.

Speaking of....

Michigan is now MJ friendly and I'm no longer tested for THC EVER AGAIN!  It's been 40 years and I'm quite sure the new stuff is way better than the stuff from the 70s.  Might be time to try some CBD oils for the knees.   :smoking:
--Tom

Offline mr.awesome

• Motorcycles: 04 Triumph Sprint ST, 03 Kawazuki KLX400SR-SM, 99 Yamaha TW200
« Reply #6028 on: October 06, 2019, 08:55:16 AM »
Getting outside ready for winter. Putting the patio furniture away, setting up my wood tent and racks by the house. Mowed the lawn and brush hogged the back paths. While out back I scared up a few deer. They ran a bit then just stood and looked back at me. Their heads just above the weeds. I wondered why they weren't going any farther. As I looked down about 20' in front of me was one of their buddies camouflaged in the tree and weeds just looking right back at me. I know they are forrest rat's but I still enjoy seeing them when I'm not on the bike.

• Contributor
« Reply #6029 on: October 06, 2019, 08:57:47 AM »
Keep 'em close, then shoot them as nuisances, then eat them. #destinyfulfilled

Might be time to try some CBD oils for the knees.   :smoking:

I keep CBD honey around for the occasional evening decaf tea to help get to sleep when my various injuries might be hurting a bit. It's no magic elixir, but it definitely seems to have a nice calming effect on me. I don't know if it's just in my head, but I'll take it, either way.

Online garry

• Bleeds Orange...
    • MotoRoads
« Reply #6030 on: October 06, 2019, 11:08:29 AM »
Fixed the freewheel on my wife's bicycle. The pawl/spring/whatever inside wasn't catching any more, so the gears just spun forward and back. Found a YouTube video on how to flush out the old grease and relube. Now all is well. AND I even had the special Park tool for removing the freewheel from the hub. Haven't looked at those tools in over a decade. Happy Wife, Happy Life.

But now the dryer just shit the bed. Probably just a broken belt. Will deal with that after lunch...
2009 KTM 570 EXC
2017 KTM Super Duke GT

Offline Baxter

• Contributor
  • I broke the internet!
« Reply #6031 on: October 06, 2019, 07:58:25 PM »
I rode the Ninjette to some out-laws to watch the Raiders-Bears game, then helped my bro-in-law winterize his boat.  Sprayed & cleaned all the vinyl as well.  My wife and her sister went to an apple festival, & we had a cookout when they got back.  The return home was the first time I rode the Ninjette after dark.

Online Vulcanbill

• Contributor
  • no thank you ... still
« Reply #6032 on: October 08, 2019, 12:41:58 PM »
Got the rig all undone after a few days of outings. Played at an ATV park with some friends then camped in brothers yard and let him ride the quad (which he almost flipped) then camped in sisters driveway and visited other sisters new house. Then we all went to visit a brother who really needed visitors. Got back last night in pretty heavy rain. Got up this am and cleaned out trailer, dumped and cleaned tanks, and put it in its spot. Then got the quad unloaded and cleaned up a little, reset air pressure in air bags and tires on truck for comfort and got misc put away. All in light rain. Brrr. Now sofa / kindle time. Tomorrow I dig a bunch of holes to plant the six mail order trees that awaited us when we got home last night.
If a person's primary concern is increasing freedom, they should prepare for a reduction in average lifespan.  ---  Misanthropist

• Contributor
« Reply #6033 on: October 08, 2019, 01:52:16 PM »
I'm thinking of top-edging our drop off with some conifers. Where'd you get the trees, Bill?

Offline maddjack

• Contributor
  • UFO PILOT
  • Motorcycles: KLz1000 Versys
« Reply #6034 on: October 08, 2019, 07:25:19 PM »
I'm thinking of top-edging our drop off with some conifers. Where'd you get the trees, Bill?
You can get them from Arbor day society fairly cheap and good healthy trees. I bought a bunch there and the ones I used to border our property are now 18 feet high.
VIVA EL STINKO

The little red bike is gone , sniff sniff, but the Batbike has begun.

Online Cookie

• Super Moderator
  • I am bored.
« Reply #6035 on: October 08, 2019, 07:50:10 PM »
Began extending the shed (again).

i eats paste

Online jadziadax8

• Contributor
  • Yeah it's a girl's bike. THIS girl's bike.
  • Motorcycles: 2007 Kawasaki Ninja 650r
« Reply #6036 on: October 09, 2019, 10:00:00 AM »
Ran a fever. Canceled class.
She's got a worm in 'er belly? That's disgusting! That's interesting, but very disgusting. 

My Other Hobby

Online Vulcanbill

• Contributor
  • no thank you ... still
« Reply #6037 on: October 09, 2019, 10:39:22 AM »

Hmmm. I replied with a pic but I guess it didn't take. Place is fast growing trees. Out of sc I think. Good shape and good shipping.

Online Bounce

• Contributor
    • FJR-Tips
« Reply #6038 on: October 09, 2019, 11:46:50 AM »
Continued unpacking and putting things away from my 2 week western excursion.

• Contributor
« Reply #6039 on: October 09, 2019, 11:52:10 AM »
You can get them from Arbor day society fairly cheap and good healthy trees. I bought a bunch there and the ones I used to border our property are now 18 feet high.

Hmmm. I replied with a pic but I guess it didn't take. Place is fast growing trees. Out of sc I think. Good shape and good shipping.

Thanks, guys!  :thumbsup:

Online squeezer

• Contributor
  • squirrelly geezer
  • Motorcycles: 16 Tiger Xr(x)
« Reply #6040 on: October 09, 2019, 03:01:45 PM »

Faculty snow day.  :thumbsup:
A man with no sig

Online jadziadax8

• Contributor
« Reply #6041 on: October 09, 2019, 03:19:56 PM »

Faculty snow day.  :thumbsup:

I gave them an outside assignment because I’m evil.

They have subs for tomorrow. I’ve been diagnosed with pneumonia.
She's got a worm in 'er belly? That's disgusting! That's interesting, but very disgusting. 

My Other Hobby

Online CLAY

• Super Moderator
  • Otay!
  • Motorcycles: '03 Bandit 1200S, '97 XR650L, '79 XS650 Tracker, '75 XS650 Standard
« Reply #6042 on: October 09, 2019, 03:20:33 PM »
Ugh.  Heal well!  Subs are usually more work than being there...
"Most accidents happen when the meek meet the douchebags."  -Viffergyrl
"The wider the road, the worse the food." -Coho
"Buckwheat is dead"

Online Vulcanbill

• Contributor
  • no thank you ... still
« Reply #6043 on: October 09, 2019, 03:36:30 PM »

overcompensating ... like step parents.   ;D

Online Vulcanbill

• Contributor
  • no thank you ... still
« Reply #6044 on: October 09, 2019, 03:49:36 PM »
Mounted some plywood "racks" to the front and back of the quad.  Mounted a nice pelican 1500 to the front of the quad for luggage.  Put a small lip around the one on the back just to hold saws and gas cans while getting from point A to B. 

I acquired a fair amount of really nice 3/4" UL rated plywood from the jobsite during our build out.  Got a bunch of 1/2" too.  I've really found a lot of uses for this stuff.  Very handy to have around.

Next project will be a work bench.  I'm thinking 6' by 2' but with an additional 2' hinged on each long side.   That way I can make it much bigger when needed and small enough to stow against a wall when not in use.  Thinking of using something like this:  https://www.amazon.com/CLighting-Folding-Brackets-Stainless-Mounted/dp/B07JK7W4GF

Online jadziadax8

• Contributor
« Reply #6045 on: October 09, 2019, 05:23:12 PM »

Nah. The beauty of teaching college is all my subs are full-time faculty or the lab tech, who has a PhD in physics and teaches adjunct for us. I basically said, “Here’s what I planned to do. I trust you to cover those topics however you want.” :bigok:

My Other Hobby

Offline Baxter

• Contributor
  • I broke the internet!
« Reply #6046 on: October 09, 2019, 05:29:42 PM »
Mounted some plywood "racks" to the front and back of the quad.  Mounted a nice pelican 1500 to the front of the quad for luggage.  Put a small lip around the one on the back just to hold saws and gas cans while getting from point A to B. 

I acquired a fair amount of really nice 3/4" UL rated plywood from the jobsite during our build out.  Got a bunch of 1/2" too.  I've really found a lot of uses for this stuff.  Very handy to have around.

Next project will be a work bench.  I'm thinking 6' by 2' but with an additional 2' hinged on each long side.   That way I can make it much bigger when needed and small enough to stow against a wall when not in use.  Thinking of using something like this:  https://www.amazon.com/CLighting-Folding-Brackets-Stainless-Mounted/dp/B07JK7W4GF

My new place has a developer special sized garage which is difficult to get two cars and a bike in, much less a real workbench. So my workbench is in the basement but I still needed a work surface in the garage. I did something similar with hinged brackets, but I used these:  https://www.amazon.com/Ultrawall-Brackets-Adjustable-Workbench-Supports/dp/B071F4K3GB/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=Ultrawall+Shelf+Brackets%2C+Heavy+Duty+Adjustable+Folding+Shelf+Workbench+Supports%2C24+inch+Foldable+Bracket&qid=1570659667&sr=8-1

These brackets are secured to the studs and are very sturdy.  Maybe not pound on them with a sledgehammer sturdy, but nonetheless very sturdy for most projects.  The surface is just a 2 foot by 4 foot shelf with a plastic laminate coating, with a steel edge piece to prevent warping. Thick plywood would probably be the way to go if real workbench activities were in mind.  I've attached some pics.

Offline Baxter

• Contributor
  • I broke the internet!
« Reply #6047 on: October 09, 2019, 05:38:18 PM »
They have subs for tomorrow. I’ve been diagnosed with pneumonia.

Get well soon!

Offline Baxter

• Contributor
  • I broke the internet!
« Reply #6048 on: October 09, 2019, 05:39:56 PM »

That looks like fun! 

I miss stuff like that. Maybe I shouldn't have moved into a condo?

Online Cookie

• Super Moderator
  • I am bored.
« Reply #6049 on: October 09, 2019, 05:46:16 PM »

That looks like fun! 

I miss stuff like that. Maybe I shouldn't have moved into a condo?

By the time I'm done, you could move into this!
i eats paste