Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: What did you do today Non moto  (Read 392917 times)

Online Vulcanbill

• Contributor
  • no thank you ... still
  • Motorcycles: XT250
Re: What did you do today Non moto
« Reply #5235 on: November 10, 2018, 09:04:04 AM »
I suppose this was moto-related, but what a blast.  One of our teachers was legendary with his '94 (I think) Saturn.  It was such a POS he wouldn't sell it to someone to drive.  He knew I wanted it- so he found out he would get $100 at the scrapyard, so myself, my brother, and a buddy bought it.  It met it's end at the farm Saturday:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JD5OYDAg7yo

Awesome in so many ways.  Best Dad ever. 

Just realize that when your 16 y/o boy does something similar to a non beater car cuz 'there was this girl', it's all you, brother. 

I'm thinking of 2 country songs at the moment that are relevant to your future:

! No longer available

! No longer available
If a person's primary concern is increasing freedom, they should prepare for a reduction in average lifespan.  ---  Misanthropist

If you say "Gullible" real slow, it sounds like "Orange"

Offline Baxter

• Motorcycles: Ninja 650R
« Reply #5236 on: November 10, 2018, 11:01:14 AM »
I'm waiting for the snow to quit after lunch, and then I'm going to shovel the drive for the second time this week.
Newly retired--so it's time to wear out some tires!

Online Bounce

• Contributor
    • FJR-Tips
  • Motorcycles: Yes
« Reply #5237 on: November 10, 2018, 04:43:44 PM »
Bundled up against the 50º weather and battled some kind of bug that's giving me the chills and an overall malaise.

Online CLAY

• How did I become a moderator?
  • Motorcycles: '03 Bandit 1200S, '97 XR650L, '79 XS650 Tracker, '75 XS650 Standard
« Reply #5238 on: November 11, 2018, 08:07:41 PM »
I suppose this was moto-related, but what a blast.  One of our teachers was legendary with his '94 (I think) Saturn.  It was such a POS he wouldn't sell it to someone to drive.  He knew I wanted it- so he found out he would get $100 at the scrapyard, so myself, my brother, and a buddy bought it.  It met it's end at the farm Saturday:

Awesome in so many ways.  Best Dad ever. 

Just realize that when your 16 y/o boy does something similar to a non beater car cuz 'there was this girl', it's all you, brother. 

I'm thinking of 2 country songs at the moment that are relevant to your future:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OAl7Ajne1fI#

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2uzK3VwzraM#

Yeah, he'd be getting that from no stranger...  :bigsmile:
"Most accidents happen when the meek meet the douchebags."  -Viffergyrl
"The wider the road, the worse the food." -Coho

Online sleazy rider

• Contributor
    • Da Blog!
  • Motorcycles: 2006 Honda ST1300
« Reply #5239 on: November 12, 2018, 07:55:33 AM »
All the Toro LX500 tractor parts arrived in spurts last week and got installed yesterday morning. Fresh oil/filter, air filter, spark plug, blades and belt along with a full grease job on all the suspension parts.  Fired it up and it's 75% quieter and sounds like new.  Ran it around the yard to clean up the loose leaves left after blowing the big piles into the forested areas.  Amazing how much better it works too!

Gonna top of the tank, run it around the yard one more time today, then down into the basement for the winter.  The ST will follow it, as the weather has turned and shows no signs of any semblance of warmth returning.  I'll have a garage again for the winter.
--Tom

Offline R Doug

• Contributor
  • Where there is Danger, there is Doug
« Reply #5240 on: November 12, 2018, 09:15:14 AM »

I love it!  Where else can you get this level of entertainment for $100? 
Only motorcycle riders know why a dog sticks its head out of a car window.

Offline Baxter

• Motorcycles: Ninja 650R
« Reply #5241 on: November 13, 2018, 04:56:35 PM »
Today my doggo from the avatar went in for his pre-Thanksgiving spa day.  He's looking & smelling good now.  One more year and he's old enough to get his driver's license!

I spent the time waiting by getting my own hair cut, looking at cars and motorcycles I'm not going to buy, and seeing what the big box stores are getting in new inventory.  The latter was a little frustrating because, while it appears that Craftsman tools will be surviving Sears' imminent demise, the new Craftsman battery-powered hand tools appear to be using a different battery than my slightly older Craftsman drill. 
Newly retired--so it's time to wear out some tires!

Online MrsCablebandit

• Purveyor of Cookies.org
    • Pineapple Ponderings
  • Motorcycles: '10 C14 Passenger
« Reply #5242 on: November 14, 2018, 07:36:18 AM »
Some a-hole got me sick so I spent yesterday either sleeping or sipping hot tea spiked with honey bourbon and watching the last two episodes of "The Last Ship."

Today, I'm at work sipping hot tea sans honey bourbon (although, really...who would know?  :shrug:) and wondering if I could perform a self-sinusectomy. Maxillary sinuses...they're really for show, right?!
I used to make a bigger impression.

http://pineappleponderings.blogspot.com/ - Ride reports and other musings.

Online Cookie

• Contributor
« Reply #5243 on: November 14, 2018, 07:46:53 AM »
It wasn't me!
Is he gone yet?

Online Bounce

• Contributor
    • FJR-Tips
  • Motorcycles: Yes
« Reply #5244 on: November 14, 2018, 10:04:41 AM »
Some a-hole got me sick so I spent yesterday either sleeping or sipping hot tea spiked with honey bourbon and watching the last two episodes of "The Last Ship."

Today, I'm at work sipping hot tea sans honey bourbon (although, really...who would know?  :shrug:) and wondering if I could perform a self-sinusectomy. Maxillary sinuses...they're really for show, right?!

There with ya. All the feelz. Been down with a severe cold for about 4 days now. Can't talk because my throat is so sore. Can't take regular medication because it can't get past the sore throat. Went to a minute clinic because I didn't want to wait for a walk in at my PCP. Not strep. Not flu (I've had the real flu only once and you NEVER want that). Treat the symptoms. So that's what I've been doing with OTC stuff of many varied kinds. The most effective has been Theraflu flu and sore throat. It at least gets my throat under control long enough that I can sip down a diluted tomato soup; overly thinned or even that wont go down. On an interesting side note, MyFitnessPal is chastising me for not eating enough calories.

Online chornbe

• Contributor
  • Burdened with glorious purpose.
    • The Pace Motorcycle Podcast
  • Motorcycles: The one I'm borrowing
« Reply #5245 on: November 14, 2018, 12:37:08 PM »
Maybe I'm just getting old, but the common cold puts me on my ass these days. HARD. Absolutely miserable :(
this signature on hold pending review

Online Cookie

• Contributor
« Reply #5246 on: November 14, 2018, 03:41:03 PM »
Someone at my meeting this morning just had to hug me. Seriously, do I look like I want a hug?
In doing so she knocked my phone out of my hand and  it landed case open on a pebble, cracking it completely from the center outwards.
I spent a good 4.5 hours driving to the closest repair place (it's a new phone, I wanted it done well as opposed to me doing it) it took an hour and a half and cost $135.00.
I did have a good burger while I waited though.
Is he gone yet?

Online chornbe

• Contributor
  • Burdened with glorious purpose.
    • The Pace Motorcycle Podcast
  • Motorcycles: The one I'm borrowing
« Reply #5247 on: November 14, 2018, 04:48:50 PM »
Hugs ain't cheap up there in yonder land.
this signature on hold pending review

Online Skee

• Contributor
  • Motorcycles: '08 Wee & an overweight Connie
« Reply #5248 on: November 14, 2018, 06:15:32 PM »
...wondering if I could perform a self-sinusectomy.

Lemme know if that works and PM the instructions.

Anxously awaiting something that works better than hot tea & bourbon, though it ain’t a bad solution. 

8)
The fishermen know that the sea is dangerous and the storm terrible,
but they have never found these dangers sufficient reason for remaining ashore.   Vincent van Gogh

Online Cookie

• Contributor
« Reply #5249 on: November 14, 2018, 06:17:29 PM »
...wondering if I could perform a self-sinusectomy.

Lemme know if that works and PM the instructions.

Anxously awaiting something that works better than hot tea & bourbon, though it ain’t a bad solution. 

8)

Can you use one of those nasty neti pot things?
Is he gone yet?