Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: What did you do today Non moto  (Read 475616 times)

radon222, sleazy rider, MrsCablebandit and 6 Guests are viewing this topic.

Online squeezer

• Contributor
  • squirrelly geezer
  • Motorcycles: 16 Tiger Xr(x)
Re: What did you do today Non moto
« Reply #5050 on: September 10, 2018, 10:19:02 PM »
Trying to stock up for a hurricane...but the madness has already begun.

I read the Navy left town.

Be careful and take care of yourself. Hurricanes don't fuck around.
A man with no sig

Online radon222

• Contributor
  • It's all Scratch's fault
  • Motorcycles: R1200GSAW, R1200RT
« Reply #5051 on: September 11, 2018, 07:24:59 AM »
I think we're going to be on the fringes of this one.  We'll certainly get some wind, rain and tidal surge but I don't think its going to be that bad here.  They're only estimating a couple inches of rain and I'm outside of the tidal area.

My colleagues who work/live in Wilmington, NC are good & well fucked.  The Blue Ridge Pkwy is probably going to get deluged once this storm moves inland and parks itself for a couple days.

Online stevent

• Motorcycles: 2016 Yamaha Super Tenny
« Reply #5052 on: September 11, 2018, 11:20:36 AM »
The Steam Punk hats are cool. I was talking to this couple who were totally into it once and I told them I had operated high pressure steam plants for 43 years. They thought I was a God or something.. Funny as hell, but I love steam powered equipment and I can totally relate.

"Sure I get the best parking spots, but who could love a man with a wooden leg and a face like a chickens arse?"

Online Bounce

• Contributor
    • FJR-Tips
  • Motorcycles: Yes
« Reply #5053 on: September 12, 2018, 04:38:37 AM »
My brother should attend one of these things. He was a boiler tech in the Navy and then got into co-generations (boilers for steam and heat with steam running a huge turbine for electrical power).

Commercial steam plants often ran at a tenth or hundredth the PSI he did in the Navy.

Online Cookie

• Contributor
  • Definitely not wearing pants.
« Reply #5054 on: September 12, 2018, 07:05:21 AM »
Bought a new bike.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

2018 Cannondale Men's Adventure 3.

I really loved the specialized I bought exactly a year ago yesterday but lately I've been realizing that coming from a mountain bike with front suspension the Specialized was kicking the shit out of me. I'm not going balls to the walls mountain biking but I do a lot of dirt roads, cart roads and trails. There was no front shock option for it so yesterday I traded it towards this.
narcissistic d-bag, you.

Online sleazy rider

• Contributor
    • Da Blog!
  • Motorcycles: 1990 Suzuki DR350S
« Reply #5055 on: September 12, 2018, 08:15:52 AM »
Yesterday morning, I moved several wheelbarrow loads of larger rocks from around our soon to be demolished patio deck yesterday.  Damn, I'm out of shape!  lol  I was grunting and sweating badly.  Also took out a few bushes, cut a decorative tree that got way too big down and started breaking down the railings.  I'm going to pay someone to actually remove the decking and posts, then rebuild a new and larger version to include letting us actually use the second patio door in our family room.  Currently we only have access from the kitchen doors.

Yesterday afternoon, I rushed my old schnauzer to the vet because his peepee got partially blocked with a bladder stone.  He's getting operated on as I type this.  They found 10 stones by x-ray!  I did his medical prep work last night per their directions and dropped him off at 8am this morning.  He slept by my side all night, unusual for him in the last couple years.  Yeah, I'm worried.  He's been part of the family for nearly 14 years.

Rocky, my recently adopted pup literally hasn't left my side since I got home.  He's laying across my legs.  Thankfully, he only weighs about 8 pounds! 
--Tom

Offline I'm NOT Carl

• Weirdo Freak
  • Motorcycles: 2013 Kawasaki Concours, 2002 Suzuki Hayabusa, 1989 Honda Transalp
« Reply #5056 on: September 12, 2018, 08:50:31 AM »
Went to a HOA meeting.

When the subdivision was created back in the 70's, Boulder County required the creation of an emergency egress road (aka Summer Access Road or SAR) at the other end of the subdivision since we're in the forest and the potential for wildfires. The guy who created the subdivision half-assed the road and instead of running the end of it to the left, he ran it more or less straight down to 119. The guy and Boulder went back and forth a bunch of times and the guy eventually put up a bond that he would finish the work and Boulder County approved the creation of the subdivision. Of course the guy bailed on it and lost the bond ($10,000 bond vs $1,000,000 to finish the road; duh). Since it didn't follow Boulder County guidelines, they refused to take over maintenance of it so it's a private HOA maintained road.

Anyway, over the years there have been discussion in the HOA about what to do about the road from abandoning it to paving it to putting a gate on it. There is a manual gate but it's used mainly when there's a problem on the road. Last year a guy in a pickup got stuck sideways on the road. I helped him get home and we closed the gate while he figured out how to get his truck home.

Currently we're paying $175 a year to the HOA for maintenance on the main road and on the SAR. It pays for grading and snow plowing of the main road and grading of the SAR but no snow plowing as that opens up the HOA to liability. We have a second side road fee to maintain our private road of $160 a year which doe include snow removal. The costs fluctuate as they're based on the averages of the past three years.

While we pay for maintenance of the SAR, the members of the HOA are only 25% of the people who use the road.

The proposal is to create a SAR Maintenance Organization (SARMO) that's separate from the HOA. A gate will be erected with numerous signs and access to the road will be restricted to people who rent a key fob from the SARMO. This spreads out the cost of the maintenance of the road to the folks who use the road vs just the members of the HOA. It'll cut down on traffic both on the main road and on the SAR (people haul ass through there; earlier this year someone hit and killed a dog a guy was walking on the road and didn't stop). In addition, the HOA has liability insurance for the roads they maintain (main road, side roads like mine, and the SAR). Moving that liability to the SARMO again spreads the cost out to everyone who uses the SAR vs just the HOA.

Again, it's a private road. Boulder County was contacted and they don't care what the HOA does with the road; feel free to put up a gate if you like. The emergency services folks were contacted (sheriff and fire chief) and they're fine with it as well as the gate the HOA is recommending has several mechanisms to ensure emergency access.

There were several points brought up including what happens if there aren't enough people in SARMO to maintain the road? What happens when someone just runs the gate, breaking it? What about general vandalism?

Anyway, this was just the initial query from the HOA as to whether they should continue researching this as an option or simply drop it. In general I'm for it as it would certainly reduce the maintenance costs for the road. While the initial key fob/membership costs are a bit high (estimated $120 per key fob), spreading out the costs to everyone who uses the road should eventually drop the costs down. Part of the maintenance costs ($13,000 last year) was the grading. If there are fewer people on the road, there will be fewer times that the road needs to be graded. Reverse of course is if there are fewer people, the costs of the key fobs might stay the same because there are fewer people.

An interesting discussion. I look forward to seeing how this goes.

Carl
 No matter where you go, there you are.

Online Vulcanbill

• Contributor
  • no thank you ... still
  • Motorcycles: XT250
« Reply #5057 on: September 12, 2018, 12:55:46 PM »
sounds complicated

when we started searching for land, the one unconditional criteria was that the property be "unrestricted" meaning totally privately owned, no HOA, no rights of way, no nothing.  no regrets.  I can do whatever I choose - sinead/prince
If a person's primary concern is increasing freedom, they should prepare for a reduction in average lifespan.  ---  Misanthropist

If you say "Gullible" real slow, it sounds like "Orange"

Offline I'm NOT Carl

• Weirdo Freak
  • Motorcycles: 2013 Kawasaki Concours, 2002 Suzuki Hayabusa, 1989 Honda Transalp
« Reply #5058 on: September 12, 2018, 01:44:26 PM »
And I've been like that for all the houses I've purchased over the years. This is my first time with a HOA and it actually hasn't been all that big a deal. This is a bit on the complicated side, I'll give you that, but it is interesting.

Carl
 No matter where you go, there you are.

Online stevent

• Motorcycles: 2016 Yamaha Super Tenny
« Reply #5059 on: September 12, 2018, 05:45:10 PM »
I don't mind HOA's if they actually do something. We pay around $400 a year for ours and they keep the common areas clean and landscaped, plus we have a soccer field and baseball diamond that they keep trimmed too, so not too bad a deal. And they keep Jethro Bodean and his 15 junk ass cars from crapping up the place so it's a win win. Of course the biggest violator of the "no business clause" is the HOA president who runs a pretty substantial home daycare and who's hubby is a Bonney Lake cop so that figures. On the plus side, of 63 houses there's nearly a dozen cops living in the neighborhood from various departments, most of whom bring their police cruisers home and park them in the driveway. Keeps the riff raff out quite effectively.
"Sure I get the best parking spots, but who could love a man with a wooden leg and a face like a chickens arse?"

Online Bounce

• Contributor
    • FJR-Tips
« Reply #5060 on: September 13, 2018, 11:46:04 PM »
Yesterday afternoon, I rushed my old schnauzer to the vet because his peepee got partially blocked with a bladder stone.  He's getting operated on as I type this.  They found 10 stones by x-ray!  I did his medical prep work last night per their directions and dropped him off at 8am this morning.  He slept by my side all night, unusual for him in the last couple years.  Yeah, I'm worried.  He's been part of the family for nearly 14 years.

Rocky, my recently adopted pup literally hasn't left my side since I got home.  He's laying across my legs.  Thankfully, he only weighs about 8 pounds!

Well wishes to you and your friend. BTDT and it a scary time.

Online jadziadax8

• Contributor
  • Yeah it's a girl's bike. THIS girl's bike.
  • Motorcycles: 2007 Kawasaki Ninja 650r
« Reply #5061 on: September 14, 2018, 11:14:51 AM »
Took a nice bike ride with a couple of my professor buddies.  I love this time of year.
She's got a worm in 'er belly? That's disgusting! That's interesting, but very disgusting. 

My Other Hobby

Online squeezer

• Contributor
  • squirrelly geezer
« Reply #5062 on: September 14, 2018, 12:02:20 PM »

Never saw an update. How did the surgery go?
A man with no sig

Online sleazy rider

• Contributor
    • Da Blog!
« Reply #5063 on: September 14, 2018, 12:13:08 PM »

http://www.sport-touring.org/index.php?topic=4163.msg172388#msg172388

^ Full story, but everything is functional again.  Thanks for asking.
--Tom

Online chornbe

• Contributor
  • Burdened with glorious purpose.
    • The Pace Motorcycle Podcast
  • Motorcycles: The one I'm borrowing
« Reply #5064 on: September 14, 2018, 12:14:30 PM »
What did you do today Non moto

Learned, again, what happens when you give a little too much for a little too long, just a little too often. :\
this signature on hold pending review

Online squeezer

• Contributor
  • squirrelly geezer
« Reply #5065 on: September 14, 2018, 02:07:33 PM »

http://www.sport-touring.org/index.php?topic=4163.msg172388#msg172388

^ Full story, but everything is functional again.  Thanks for asking.

Ah, missed that. Thanks. Sending good thoughts for the recovery.
A man with no sig

Offline oilhed

• Motorcycles: 2009 K1200LT (trunkless)
« Reply #5066 on: September 15, 2018, 09:01:47 AM »
tried to lower the spare tire under my Chevy Silverado

then watched a bunch of you tube videos about releasing a stuck spare tire under a Chevy Silverado

still no spare tire!
MarkF
aka OILHED
Central CT

Online Vulcanbill

• Contributor
  • no thank you ... still
« Reply #5067 on: September 15, 2018, 09:29:24 AM »
Happened on my ranger way back. I locked the spare in when I installed the hitchwork. Ended up using 2 different crow bars on opposing sides and slowly rocking it out.  Good luck.
If a person's primary concern is increasing freedom, they should prepare for a reduction in average lifespan.  ---  Misanthropist

Online Cookie

• Contributor
« Reply #5068 on: September 15, 2018, 11:05:31 AM »
When you get it down grease EVERYTHING before reinstalling it.

narcissistic d-bag, you.

Online Papa Lazarou

• Contributor
  • Freezing worms makes them easier to sharpen
  • Motorcycles: Moto Guzzi Griso 1200SE Diablo Rosso
« Reply #5069 on: September 15, 2018, 04:05:24 PM »
chopped wood. winter is coming.

then I saw this and giggled:

Please see this fantastic example of the classic Ford Ka for sale.
Good points
It works well, when not turned on.
It has a steering wheel and four wheels.
This multi-purpose vehicle can be used as the following
-Partially mobile Shed
-Drinks cooler
-Flower bed
-Day Room
The list goes on and on for any creative individual. I bought it to sit on the drive, as I wanted to impress the neighbours.
Bad points
There isn’t any.
Something to consider but not bad- No MOT, rust, cylinder 3 is out of action, it could be the ECU, I have replaced spark plugs and leads, but to be honest, you can’t really improve perfection.
All seriousness I bought this to sit on the drive whilst the builders were in, to give the illusion that there are people around all the time. Building work is finished and it’s time for this pulling magnet to change hands!
Inbox me with offers, highest bidder wins!
Putting the laughter back into manslaughter

Online mr.awesome

• Motorcycles: 04 Triumph Sprint ST, 03 Kawazuki KLX400SR-SM, 99 Yamaha TW200
« Reply #5070 on: September 15, 2018, 04:50:47 PM »
Mid September and sitting at the beach with my loving wife having a couple Oberon's. Life is very good!

Online Vulcanbill

• Contributor
  • no thank you ... still
« Reply #5071 on: September 15, 2018, 05:22:09 PM »
And those were the legs you chose to put in a picture...

Online mr.awesome

« Reply #5072 on: September 15, 2018, 06:06:16 PM »
And those were the legs you chose to put in a picture...

Hey, don't be making fun of my wife's legs.  :eek: :lol:

Online Vulcanbill

• Contributor
  • no thank you ... still
« Reply #5073 on: September 15, 2018, 06:09:20 PM »
Snerk. She will literally be in a position to slap me soon.  Mums the word.

Offline oilhed

« Reply #5074 on: September 15, 2018, 08:00:33 PM »
That's not Lake Michigan!
MarkF
aka OILHED
Central CT

Online mr.awesome

« Reply #5075 on: September 16, 2018, 08:43:36 AM »

You Sir are very observant!   :bigsmile:
Lake Minnewanna

Online Bounce

• Contributor
    • FJR-Tips
« Reply #5076 on: September 16, 2018, 09:18:38 AM »
Dealing with a lifelong dominate eye being forced to become non-dominate by the other eye going from 20/150 to 20/40 (and getting better each day).

It's an odd feeling to reach for my prescription glasses (knowing the lens has been removed from the corrected side) and finding they make things worse even though the correction lens makes the previously-dominate eye see better.

Online squeezer

• Contributor
  • squirrelly geezer
« Reply #5077 on: September 16, 2018, 11:36:20 AM »
Getting ready to spend about 15 minutes driving one of these around Auto Club Speedway.  :bigok:
A man with no sig

Online viffergyrl

• Contributor
  • Hey! Wait for me.....
  • Motorcycles: 2001 Ducati ST4; 2007 Suzuki SV650
« Reply #5078 on: September 16, 2018, 12:06:13 PM »
We'll be there in November racing the Roval - part of the road course plus part of the Oval. Have fun!
Don't argue with an idiot; people might not know the difference. -Anonymous

Online R Doug

• Contributor
  • Where there is Danger, there is Doug
« Reply #5079 on: September 16, 2018, 12:07:11 PM »
Getting ready to spend about 15 minutes driving one of these around Auto Club Speedway.  :bigok:

Given my location near Charlotte, I get several opportunities to do this but haven't yet.  I would love a follow up with your thoughts, please.   Enjoy and thanks!

Only motorcycle riders know why a dog sticks its head out of a car window.

Online sleazy rider

• Contributor
    • Da Blog!
« Reply #5080 on: September 16, 2018, 01:01:52 PM »
Cut, edged and cleaned up the waste for the lawn.  Blew off the driveway, pressure washed the blacktop and letting it air dry.  Got 20 gallons of sealer waiting for the next step.
--Tom

Online squeezer

• Contributor
  • squirrelly geezer
« Reply #5081 on: September 16, 2018, 08:06:51 PM »
We'll be there in November racing the Roval - part of the road course plus part of the Oval. Have fun!

That sounds way more fun. Lots of different cars on the road course today (something called the "Optima Ultimate Street Car" series -- looked cool) but I don't think they were racing wheel-to-wheel.

Given my location near Charlotte, I get several opportunities to do this but haven't yet.  I would love a follow up with your thoughts, please.   Enjoy and thanks!

Well, it was a ton of fun, of course, and I'm glad I could get a sense of what a super speedway feels like -- cars limited to 150 mph, btw. No question I had a big smile.

But I'd do something else with my own money (this was a gift). It's not a lot of bang for the buck -- a lot of dough for a handful of laps. I was thinking I had a lot more fun at SoCal Supermoto where they let you ride all day -- with instruction and a wheel to wheel race -- until you're so tired you can't twist the throttle. And about half the cost.

Still, this was on the bucket list, so I'm glad I got the check mark.
A man with no sig

Online viffergyrl

• Contributor
  • Hey! Wait for me.....
  • Motorcycles: 2001 Ducati ST4; 2007 Suzuki SV650
« Reply #5082 on: September 16, 2018, 08:51:11 PM »

That sounds way more fun. Lots of different cars on the road course today (something called the "Optima Ultimate Street Car" series -- looked cool) but I don't think they were racing wheel-to-wheel.

http://driveusca.com/events/
Don't argue with an idiot; people might not know the difference. -Anonymous

Online CLAY

• How did I become a moderator?
  • Motorcycles: '03 Bandit 1200S, '97 XR650L, '79 XS650 Tracker, '75 XS650 Standard
« Reply #5083 on: September 16, 2018, 09:02:04 PM »

Me, Lake Michigan both yesterday and today:
"Most accidents happen when the meek meet the douchebags."  -Viffergyrl
"The wider the road, the worse the food." -Coho

Offline oilhed

« Reply #5084 on: September 17, 2018, 09:38:03 AM »

Me, Lake Michigan both yesterday and today:

Now that's more like it!
MarkF
aka OILHED
Central CT

Online squeezer

• Contributor
  • squirrelly geezer
« Reply #5085 on: September 17, 2018, 12:09:09 PM »

http://driveusca.com/events/

Yep, that's them. Looked fun for car geeks. Think tuner cars for people with lots of disposable income.   ;D
A man with no sig

Online Vulcanbill

• Contributor
  • no thank you ... still
« Reply #5086 on: September 17, 2018, 12:52:44 PM »
Just ordered a wheel and tire set for the truck.  Not looking for flare, just function.  They'll show up at my house ready to mount.  That way, just like the car, I'll always have a spare set in case I get a nail or something.  Also, when it's time to replace, I'll just take the wheels in, have them mount new tires and come home and mount them in such a manner that I will know exactly how much torque was used and that the threads are not crossed and that I won't require new studs when they break off.  I've let this particular set of tires go beyond the potential to sell them on CL.  Love me some new shoes. 

Wheels:
https://www.tirerack.com/wheels/WheelCloseUpServlet?target=runWheelSearch&initialPartNumber=997785545B&wheelMake=Black%20Rock&wheelModel=997%20Type%208%20Steel%2017x8&wheelFinish=Black%20Painted&showRear=no&autoMake=Dodge&autoModel=Ram+1500+4wd&autoYear=2010&autoModClar=Quad+Cab]
[url]https://www.tirerack.com/wheels/WheelCloseUpServlet?target=runWheelSearch&initialPartNumber=997785545B&wheelMake=Black%20Rock&wheelModel=997%20Type%208%20Steel%2017x8&wheelFinish=Black%20Painted&showRear=no&autoMake=Dodge&autoModel=Ram+1500+4wd&autoYear=2010&autoModClar=Quad+Cab
[/url]

Tires, as always now:
https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=BFGoodrich&tireModel=All-Terrain+T%2FA+KO2&sidewall=Raised White Letters&autoMake=Dodge&autoYear=2010&autoModel=Ram 1500 4wd&autoModClar=Quad Cab&partnum=67SR7KO2RWLV3&tab=Sizes

Offline oilhed

« Reply #5087 on: September 17, 2018, 03:27:50 PM »
Just got a used tired for my truck R/F
replace a tire beat-up from bouncing off curbs
90% tread remaining $130 new or $45 used?
MarkF
aka OILHED
Central CT

Online Bounce

• Contributor
    • FJR-Tips
« Reply #5088 on: September 18, 2018, 08:57:58 AM »
Orders a set of tires, wheels, TPS sensors from Tire Rack for my last car. They showed up like you said. Each 3 am install like changing a tire (4 times) in the driveway when the heat of the summer was at its coolest.

Did I mention I suspect my neighbors think I'm strange to be doing a "pit stop" with floor jack and impact hammer at that time?

Online HipGnosis

• It's Hip, ya know
  • Motorcycles: F800ST(low), VStar 950, Ninja 650
« Reply #5089 on: September 18, 2018, 09:07:44 AM »
Yea, at 3am w/ neighbors you shoulda used a breaker bar and a speed wrench (socket driver), which is how I rotate my tires.
Life is made up of moments, small pieces of glittering mica in a long stretch of gray cement. We have to teach ourselves how to make room for them, to love them, and to live, really live. - Anna Quindlen

Online sleazy rider

• Contributor
    • Da Blog!
« Reply #5090 on: September 18, 2018, 10:16:41 AM »
Driveway asphalt sealed mostly.  Gotta run up for one more pail.  Came up 10’ short, but I laid it on well.
--Tom

Online Vulcanbill

• Contributor
  • no thank you ... still
« Reply #5091 on: September 18, 2018, 12:16:43 PM »
Orders a set of tires, wheels, TPS sensors from Tire Rack for my last car. They showed up like you said. Each 3 am install like changing a tire (4 times) in the driveway when the heat of the summer was at its coolest.

Did I mention I suspect my neighbors think I'm strange to be doing a "pit stop" with floor jack and impact hammer at that time?

I wanted the discount Dick Cepek wheels that looked really cool but apparently they wouldn't fit on my truck.  Grrr.  So I tried to find a comparable deal with another of the many online places.  I was able to find the deal but couldn't get anyone to answer the phone.  Another place couldn't ship for 7 to 10 business days.  So, in case you're ever on the fence, TireRack is totally where it's at.  I ordered yesterday mid day.  They shipped a couple hours later.  Just checked tracking and they left Philly at 8:49 this AM.  I should get them tomorrow but they could possibly be delivered tonight.  They have a history of showing up early.  :) 

After I got the tire/wheel set for the car, I called to order some replacement lug nuts cuz I didn't want to use the lockers.  They sent me a whole bag for free.  Probably easily another whole set or more.  Fanboy.

Online chornbe

• Contributor
  • Burdened with glorious purpose.
    • The Pace Motorcycle Podcast
  • Motorcycles: The one I'm borrowing
« Reply #5092 on: September 18, 2018, 02:44:43 PM »
Today, I sat in meetings all day. Whew.
this signature on hold pending review

Online Cookie

• Contributor
« Reply #5093 on: September 18, 2018, 07:33:18 PM »
I've done so much over the last few days it's incredible.
Since it's such a butt munching ball buster for me to post pics from my phone these days and it's worthless without pics,
Screw you guys.
narcissistic d-bag, you.

Online Flyer

• Motorcycles: Ducati MTS1200ST. Cycles: Masi 3V/C.Record, Colnago C50/C.Record, Kona J.T.S./105.
« Reply #5094 on: September 19, 2018, 06:04:58 AM »

Screw you guys.
Nodded, knowingly, and with a deep sense of satisfaction, at the realization that Cookie is functioning "normally".
 :smoking:
"We have constructed pyramids, in honour of our escaping." - Jim Morrison
"Suck, Squeeze, Bang, Blow: any deviation has ramifications". - Internal Combustion, explained.

Online Cookie

• Contributor
« Reply #5095 on: September 19, 2018, 06:36:56 AM »
narcissistic d-bag, you.

Offline Leanintree

• Yay Motorcycles!
  • Motorcycles: yes
« Reply #5096 on: September 19, 2018, 11:38:24 AM »
ok, *TECHNICALLY* I haven't dont' this yet, but it's this evening, so it counts!!!!

Going downtown to see Alestorm for the 2nd time. Pirate metal at its best (worst?)!

They don't tour in the US very often, and they're a damn fun band. Yes, it's schtick. Yes some of their stuff isn't exactly high art. But they have energy, and fun and a blow up duck. If I could get away with making a living like this, I damn sure would too...  Frankly, the crowd is much more likely to be pirated out, (and yes, I'll be in my kilt thank you very much), but these dudes are a good time. Best mosh pit I've ever been in!

ALESTORM - Drink

ALESTORM - Alestorm

ALESTORM - Death Throes of the Terrorsquid

ALESTORM - Shipwrecked

ALESTORM - Mexico

LT
Great googly-moogly!

Online sleazy rider

• Contributor
    • Da Blog!
« Reply #5097 on: September 19, 2018, 01:17:24 PM »
Raining death and destruction on my old deck.  Put a new chain on the chain saw, filled up both tanks and starting chopping big chunks off.  It's going down to the bones, clean up the 4x4 posts and rebuild the visible stuff.  New deck boards, railings and stuff.    Local deck guy quoted me near $11k for what I wanted.  Yeah, F you.  I can do it for $2500 in materials and a couple days labor solo.  I need a tractor to pull some support posts.  Guess I'll make do with a cargo strap and a floor jack.   :bigsmile:
--Tom

Online R Doug

• Contributor
  • Where there is Danger, there is Doug
« Reply #5098 on: September 19, 2018, 05:58:06 PM »
That show looks fun to me, Lean.  Rock on.
Only motorcycle riders know why a dog sticks its head out of a car window.

Online Bounce

• Contributor
    • FJR-Tips
« Reply #5099 on: September 20, 2018, 07:07:38 AM »
I didn't know "pirate metal" was a thing.