Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: What did you do today Non moto  (Read 586056 times)

Online maddjack

• Contributor
  • UFO PILOT
  • Motorcycles: KLz1000 Versys
Re: What did you do today Non moto
« Reply #6300 on: December 27, 2019, 08:00:46 PM »
Took a nice walk on a grey 55 degree day in North County park.
VIVA EL STINKO

The little red bike is gone , sniff sniff, but the Batbike has begun.

Online Bounce

• Contributor
    • FJR-Tips
  • Motorcycles: Yes
« Reply #6301 on: December 29, 2019, 10:58:50 AM »
Was reminded, for the second time this year, how hot Ellen Griswold is.

Funny you should mention that. We watched that movie last night with the family and all I could think of was how totally fuckable Ellen was and what an utter spanner Clark is.

:leghump:
We all know she was in the film version of "Hair". Right?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hair_(film)

Offline radon222

• Contributor
  • It's all Scratch's fault
  • Motorcycles: R1200GSAW, R1200RT
« Reply #6302 on: December 30, 2019, 03:30:07 PM »
First. It's Beverly D'Angelo. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beverly_D%27Angelo

Second. We're having fun. At least that's what it feels like to me. Opinionating.... is what we do.

Third. Cats are fun to tease because they take themselves too seriously. They get all offended and pissy. It's hilarious.

I guess you could say I've always had Freudian complex when it comes to Ellen Griswold.  My last name is DeAngelo  :o

Online CLAY

• Super Moderator
  • Help me Mr. Wizard!!!
  • Motorcycles: '03 Bandit 1200S, '97 XR650L, '79 XS650 Tracker, '75 XS650 Standard
« Reply #6303 on: January 01, 2020, 08:51:05 PM »
Remodeling (really freshening up with paint, countertop, sink and flooring) the kitchen.  Also working on my barn.  Pics later.
"Most accidents happen when the meek meet the douchebags."  -Viffergyrl
"The wider the road, the worse the food." -Coho
Let's do some science.

Online Bounce

• Contributor
    • FJR-Tips
« Reply #6304 on: January 02, 2020, 09:04:50 AM »
Continued patching the wood rot on the door frame of The Shop. It's been "wood hardened" and (mostly) wood "Bondoed". It needs a little more into the cavity once it warms back up. Then I can sand and paint. Meanwhile, I hand fitted custom strike plates out of 1/8th 3003 H14 aluminum plate (and installed with 3" screws).

Online maddjack

• Contributor
  • UFO PILOT
« Reply #6305 on: January 02, 2020, 01:15:19 PM »
Took down the christmas decorations and did food shopping. DONE
VIVA EL STINKO

Online Cablebandit

• Contributor
  • Pig Pilot
    • https://www.facebook.com/TheCablebandits
  • Motorcycles: A Blue One
« Reply #6306 on: January 02, 2020, 01:17:00 PM »
Went back to work, then off to the grocery store with Beth after work to bug her.  "Are we done yet? Are we done yet? Are we done yet?"

Online Vulcanbill

• Contributor
  • no thank you ... still
  • Motorcycles: XT250, Ninja 500R
« Reply #6307 on: January 02, 2020, 02:30:28 PM »
2nd day of making firewood for next year or two.  6 or seven large trees felled last Saturday.  Another 6 yesterday.  Large trees.  Large like it took every bit of 6 hours of two people working continuously to make them go away.  That's felling the tree, limbing with the small saw and dragging the brush to a pile or to the fire.  Cutting non firewood sized branches to length with the medium saw and dragging them off like the branches.  Bucking the rest into 18"ish rounds with the big saw and loading said rounds onto the landscape trailer and making a giant pile of future firewood ready to split and stack. 

OW!!
If a person's primary concern is increasing freedom, they should prepare for a reduction in average lifespan.  ---  Misanthropist

If you say "Gullible" real slow, it sounds like "Orange"

Online HipGnosis

• It's Hip, ya know
  • Motorcycles: F800ST(low), Ninja 650(R) ... Indian Scout (RIP)
« Reply #6308 on: January 02, 2020, 09:56:28 PM »
Transferred my old 3G cell phone account // number to a new-to-me 4G phone.
Verizon stopped using / supporting 3G on the 31st. 
It's worth $10 every 4 months to have a # besides my 'carry' cell phone # to give to businesses, charities, etc.  And it's the phone number that use to be my home-landline #for years, so no idea how many people I've given it to.
I thought I'd be fine with it not having cell data, since it never leaves my computer / bills desk, & I have WiFi for data.
But, then...  WiFi stopped working on it last week!   WiFi works on my 'mobile' phone, so it's either the old phone or they stopped supporting 3G early and somehow that keeps WiFi from working. 
I bought a used Moto G6 on Amazon for a good price - in like new condition, but it didn't come with the Motorola Turbo power charger, so not the great deal I thought I was getting.
Got a sim card from my provider (Page Plus).
The transfer went totally smooth and quicker than I expected.
Life is made up of moments, small pieces of glittering mica in a long stretch of gray cement. We have to teach ourselves how to make room for them, to love them, and to live, really live. - Anna Quindlen

Online Cablebandit

• Contributor
  • Pig Pilot
    • https://www.facebook.com/TheCablebandits
  • Motorcycles: A Blue One
« Reply #6309 on: January 03, 2020, 04:26:58 AM »
I've wondered about this.  Last year we had a flip phone activated on our plan and it could not be activated on Verizon without finding the ancient guy in tech support that had been there 100 years.  I wonder if they are going to force a phone upgrade upon us here shortly.

Online Bounce

• Contributor
    • FJR-Tips
« Reply #6310 on: January 03, 2020, 09:48:19 AM »
Took my 50s-era Leak (britt) tube amp and pre-amp to a reputable shop to be completely refurbished (component-level). Their backlog (there aren't many places that still service tube amps) is such that they estimated a March completion.

Offline Skee

• Contributor
  • Motorcycles: 2019 Versys
« Reply #6311 on: January 03, 2020, 06:13:34 PM »
I've wondered about this.  Last year we had a flip phone activated on our plan and it could not be activated on Verizon without finding the ancient guy in tech support that had been there 100 years.  I wonder if they are going to force a phone upgrade upon us here shortly.

Depending upon your carrier and where you live, 3G will disappear sometime in the next year or so
The fishermen know that the sea is dangerous and the storm terrible,
but they have never found these dangers sufficient reason for remaining ashore.   Vincent van Gogh

Offline Baxter

• Contributor
  • I broke the internet!
  • Motorcycles: Ninjette Noire
« Reply #6312 on: January 05, 2020, 10:05:29 PM »
I helped the sis-in-law prepare to host their high school's boys swim team dinner at her house.  I brought our folding table and chairs, and a few more chairs, over to their house.  Then I picked up more folding tables and chairs at two other houses.  And we're baking a lasagna to take over on the event night because their double oven isn't enough.  We also lent them an electric roaster.

And a different in-law asked for my help tomorrow afternoon installing a drop ceiling in their basement bar.  It's going to look like one of the old fashioned tin ceilings. 

Retiring near relatives means that I've plenty to do in the off-season.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.  --Douglas Adams

Online jadziadax8

• Contributor
  • Yeah it's a girl's bike. THIS girl's bike.
  • Motorcycles: 2007 Kawasaki Ninja 650r
« Reply #6313 on: January 06, 2020, 09:35:06 AM »
Fourstring and I spent the whole weekend cleaning out Little Bit's room so we could patch and paint it.  She's getting a big girl bed for her 5th birthday, as her feet are hanging off the end of the toddler bed.

The salesman at the furniture store was taken aback by our request for a Twin Extra Long frame for her.  :lol:
She's got a worm in 'er belly? That's disgusting! That's interesting, but very disgusting. 

My Other Hobby

Online Bounce

• Contributor
    • FJR-Tips
« Reply #6314 on: January 06, 2020, 09:55:38 AM »
Past 2 days were asses-and-elbows/all-hands-on-deck at my brother's house.

Odd things about how his LAN was working. Something about his Mac needing to be "awakened" for things in the living room to see the internet (Wifi). It didn't make sense. I first identified that he had both Ethernet and Wifi (enabled) on his Mac; a sure means of slowing down your throughput as the "bridge" it creates in the Mac means it adds those duties to its load when the Wifi router should be shouldering it (and has to figure our which segment to send/receive packets through).

But when I turned off the Mac's Wifi, things in the living room went to shit. Hmmm...

Day 1 included some hardware upgrades that should have gone simply but that issue above kept throwing me curve balls. Ended up with his ISPs tech support who identified that his microwave node was getting an invalid IP leased and needed some "encouragement" from their end to acquire a new address that would work. Went home, after about 8 hours on day 1, with his LAN working worse than when I started. That's never good.

The next morning, it hit me. His ISP uses routers I've never heard of (and a GUI that was crazy-complex - MikroTik). What if it's Wifi radio was so punk that it wasn't reaching the living room? What if the Mac's wifi radio was strong enough that, when enabled, it was masking the connectivity problems of the router?

Day 2 was about 8 hours but most of that was centered on the hardware upgrades that didn't get done the day before because of all the attention focused on the bridging Mac. Swapped his MikroTik (single-band 2.5Ghz) out for a spare ASUS AC router with all the antennas springing out of it. A few changes from it's previous config and it looked right but didn't connect. Another call to tech support had them validate the device (ASUS router) and bingo-bango it was off to the races.

So, yes, it was the lame MikroTik router they spec'd out that has been the source of his poor performance (streaming content) when it appeared to be set up right. Knowing that going in, I would guess 3 hours tops on ALL the things I did (including correcting the topology of his LAN). Sure went home (at the end of day 1) feeling the stress of a partial project that seemed worse than if I'd not touched anything.

And, yes, not only is his incessant buffering while streaming resolved, but the Mac is noticeably faster now that it's using (only) it's Gb Ethernet (and not tasked with routing packets all over creation). The ASUS router is throwing more HP at the LAN/WAN than before too, so that's also an improvement.

Online chornbe

• Contributor
    • The Pace Motorcycle Podcast
  • Motorcycles: Honda DN-01
« Reply #6315 on: January 06, 2020, 10:20:30 AM »
Rolled out a huge (mostly-rewrite) update to our latest project, Danio Connect.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

https://www.danioconnect.com/

Some deets at http://www.sport-touring.org/index.php?topic=6440.0
this signature on hold pending review

Offline Baxter

• Contributor
  • I broke the internet!
« Reply #6316 on: January 06, 2020, 11:01:34 PM »
This basement bar ceiling at my in-laws will take a few more half-days.  It's a walk-behind wet bar with a dishwasher and a copper inlaid bar top for the "customers" and lots of dark wood and custom features.  The ceiling is the only thing left to complete.  (It's been a long project. 3 years ago a bunch of us helped with the flooring, 2 years ago another bro-in-law helped with the cabinets, and last year I helped with the countertops and sink.)

The ceiling joists are about 9 feet up, leaving room for air ducts and such above the 8 foot high drop ceiling that was throughout the basement.  But when looking to install lighting, etc., in the bar alcove, my bro-in-law discovered that there were no ducts or plumbing preventing the bar ceiling from being installed at the full 9 feet.  So that's why the prior drop ceiling in the bar was removed.  The bar cabinets were run higher as well--it's going to look very much like a commercial establishment.

The bar is in an alcove off of the main basement.   There's a steel I-beam flush with the main basement wall and spanning the alcove.  We spent our time today putting a wooden box over the steel I-beam. 

Next up, the existing drop ceiling in the main basement area will be butted up to the wood-covered I-beam, which will extend just a few inches below the drop ceiling in the main basement room. 

Then we'll install a ceiling grid directly to the joists over the bar, wire in the lighting, and install the decorative ceiling tiles.

Sis-in-law still needs to pick out the pendant lights for over the bar.

Fortunately, like the second Death Star which still appeared to be under construction, it's a fully operational bar!
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.  --Douglas Adams

Online jadziadax8

• Contributor
  • Yeah it's a girl's bike. THIS girl's bike.
  • Motorcycles: 2007 Kawasaki Ninja 650r
« Reply #6317 on: January 07, 2020, 08:37:09 AM »
Fortunately, like the second Death Star which still appeared to be under construction, it's a fully operational bar!

What about the independent contractors?
She's got a worm in 'er belly? That's disgusting! That's interesting, but very disgusting. 

My Other Hobby

Online Bounce

• Contributor
    • FJR-Tips
« Reply #6318 on: January 07, 2020, 08:41:14 AM »
Did the last layer of wood Bondo on the wood rot I have been patching in an exterior door frame. Not a big area but a deep one. Wood hardened it, wait a day, Bondo pass 1, wait a couple of days, pass 2 and 3 with waits, yesterday it got into the 60s (where it will hold for at least another day or two) so, while 75 or higher is better, a lower temp simply makes the "epoxy" take a little longer to cure. After 2 hours, I was able to sand down the "skin" to nearly flush and will let it continue to cure for a week or so to see if it shrinks.

Next warm spell, I'll finish sand, paint, and be done with it.

Fabricated striker plates for both the door knob and deadbolt out of RMP 3003 H14 Aluminum Sheet. That should be stouter with the addition of 3" screws on both sides of the door.

Offline stevent

• Motorcycles: 2010 K1300GT
« Reply #6319 on: January 07, 2020, 10:21:28 AM »
Back to work after a week of playing in the snow...     :-[
"Sure I get the best parking spots, but who could love a man with a wooden leg and a face like a chickens arse?"

Offline Baxter

• Contributor
  • I broke the internet!
« Reply #6320 on: January 07, 2020, 11:46:23 AM »
My wife received a jury summons from our old home in North Dakota.  In addition to noting the change of address and that she isn't a county resident anymore, she filled out the form where they asked for the round trip mileage from home to the courthouse.  1574 miles.  We're hoping that the junior clerk opening the mail gets a little amusement from that.

Offline Baxter

• Contributor
  • I broke the internet!
« Reply #6321 on: January 07, 2020, 11:47:53 AM »

They were working on a weapon for war and thus are fair military targets.   ;)

Online chornbe

• Contributor
« Reply #6322 on: January 07, 2020, 02:51:39 PM »

The People's Republic of California's AB5 put them all out of work.  :bash: :facepalm: :baldy: :angry:

Offline Baxter

• Contributor
  • I broke the internet!
« Reply #6323 on: January 10, 2020, 01:59:34 AM »

The People's Republic of California's AB5 put them all out of work.  :bash: :facepalm: :baldy: :angry:

I looked that up since I'd not previously heard about it.  This bill seems like it will have unintended consequences.

Online chornbe

• Contributor
« Reply #6324 on: January 10, 2020, 05:51:53 AM »
Big time. I follow a lot of tech journalists who CHOOSE to work freelance... because they have to. Tech journalism isn't exactly known for paying a working wage on a low-submission basis. A lot of them have been forced to take a singular job, to move out of California, or to just be dropped on the floor. The bill was intended to make companies like Uber and Google offer full time jobs in lieu of fostering the "gig economy", and from the jump it's gone so far the other way it's laughable. Limiting a journalist to 35 submissions a year as a free lance is like putting them on the unemployment line.

As just one of many examples, check out Ant Pruitt's story; he was moving to California to join the TWiT network and to continue writing for various tech blogs. He's working for TWiT full time, but can't do any of his other gigs because of the AB5 limitations. It's a bucket of ass.

Sometimes, as beautiful and wonderful as California is, I think they only thing they can do right is sell pot legally, and even in that, Colorado is kicking their ass up and down the fault lines with their budget surplus after legalizing weed.

Online Bounce

• Contributor
    • FJR-Tips
« Reply #6325 on: January 10, 2020, 09:57:04 AM »
Finished the networking "work" first started a week ago at my brother's house.

Better primary router to reach farther means the Mac can turn off it's WiFi radio and his living room no longer loses connectivity (it was bridging between WiFi and Ethernet).

Unmanaged switch to keep as much traffic off the WiFi as possible.

Upgraded 2 HDDs in his NAS.

Bound 2 Ethernet ports into 1 channel on the NAS for throughput and load balancing.

Swapped out Cat5 for Cat6e cabling (he has no inside-the-wall runs (yet)).

Keep in mind that a lot of this; especially the WiFi weaknesses and the "hidden" fix of setting up his Mac as a bridge lay at the feet of his ISP's tech - who left with it like that and had my brother thinking his buffering (and things like like going in and waking up his Mac to stream something to his living room TV) was normal.

Offline stevent

• Motorcycles: 2010 K1300GT
« Reply #6326 on: January 11, 2020, 02:40:30 PM »
Getting ready for another round of "Snow-pocylpse" as the newsies are calling it. Supposed to be a decent snowfall next week, probably not but it'll be cold and icy roads with all the Cali-transplants freaking out.

Cheap entertainment watching them hit the ditch if nothing else...

:shrug:

"Sure I get the best parking spots, but who could love a man with a wooden leg and a face like a chickens arse?"

Online CLAY

• Super Moderator
  • Help me Mr. Wizard!!!
  • Motorcycles: '03 Bandit 1200S, '97 XR650L, '79 XS650 Tracker, '75 XS650 Standard
« Reply #6327 on: January 11, 2020, 04:06:23 PM »
They were freaking out here in West Michigan: "Up to an inch of ice!" they said.  "Get all your supplies!" they said.  "Get ready for widespread power outages!" they said. 

As of now we aren't getting much of anything.  Of course that could change in the next 12 hours, but I doubt it.  Just like all media, our meteorologists seem to thrive on hype.
Let's do some science.

Offline mr.awesome

• Motorcycles: 04 Triumph Sprint ST, 03 Kawazuki KLX400SR-SM, 99 Yamaha TW200
« Reply #6328 on: January 11, 2020, 04:43:45 PM »
They were freaking out here in West Michigan: "Up to an inch of ice!" they said.  "Get all your supplies!" they said.  "Get ready for widespread power outages!" they said. 

As of now we aren't getting much of anything.  Of course that could change in the next 12 hours, but I doubt it.  Just like all media, our meteorologists seem to thrive on hype.

They are partially right so far on the east side of the state. We are getting all the rain they called for. My pond is maxed out and above the overflow pipe. My neighbors pond has broke its banks and has flooded his yard 5 times the size of his pond. We lost power at 2 am this morning before anything really happened. It was off for about 12 hours. We have a whole house generator, so no big deal for us. Unfortunately, the septic field is flooded now and we are using our chemical toilet. That is a big deal for us. No showers or sink usage. Hopefully things dry out quick and we don't get the 1/2" of ice they are calling for tonight.

Spent some time in the barn this afternoon. Put some new blade tires on the band saw. Old ones were dried out and cracking. Tried to put some hand guards on the TW but the cross bar is in the way. Need to replace the bars with some CR high bends to clear that. Will do some shopping for some Renthals to replace the oem.

Online sleazy rider

• Contributor
  • Pikey van dweller
    • Da Blog!
  • Motorcycles: 1990 Suzuki DR350S
« Reply #6329 on: January 11, 2020, 05:34:57 PM »
Spent the last day reviving my last spare MacBook for the wife to use.  She kilt her Lenovo by destroying the power port.  Dual boot OSX Catalina and Win10 with office on both sides.  Pulled her old hard drive and stuck in in a portable case with mini-USB cord.  When she gets an extended break, I’ll move her really nice now spare HD into the MacBook and set that up instead.  I TB SSD vs a 500 GB SATA makes for an impressive boost in performance.
--Tom

Online CLAY

• Super Moderator
  • Help me Mr. Wizard!!!
« Reply #6330 on: January 12, 2020, 11:26:20 AM »

They are partially right so far on the east side of the state. We are getting all the rain they called for. My pond is maxed out and above the overflow pipe. My neighbors pond has broke its banks and has flooded his yard 5 times the size of his pond. We lost power at 2 am this morning before anything really happened. It was off for about 12 hours. We have a whole house generator, so no big deal for us. Unfortunately, the septic field is flooded now and we are using our chemical toilet. That is a big deal for us. No showers or sink usage. Hopefully things dry out quick and we don't get the 1/2" of ice they are calling for tonight.

Spent some time in the barn this afternoon. Put some new blade tires on the band saw. Old ones were dried out and cracking. Tried to put some hand guards on the TW but the cross bar is in the way. Need to replace the bars with some CR high bends to clear that. Will do some shopping for some Renthals to replace the oem.

Yeah, we didn't get much.  There's a *little* ice on the trees (not enough toi loose branches or anything), and I can see the grass.  4-6 inches of snow turned into nothing.  I'm not a bitter man, but boy I wish they'd be on the weak side of the forecast instead of the strong side.  It's like they hype the worst that could happen to get people ready, then we just don't get much.

Of course I LOVE winter, so there's that...
Let's do some science.

Online sleazy rider

• Contributor
  • Pikey van dweller
    • Da Blog!
« Reply #6331 on: January 12, 2020, 11:53:15 AM »
Bad news - I lost one medium sized tree.  Good news?  It was coming down in spring anyways because it was dead.  There were a few smaller branches down too, but that happens every time we get a moderate storm.  Toss them on the burn pile and have fun come spring.
--Tom

Online Bounce

• Contributor
    • FJR-Tips
« Reply #6332 on: January 12, 2020, 11:53:46 AM »
Spent the last day reviving my last spare MacBook for the wife to use.  She kilt her Lenovo by destroying the power port.  Dual boot OSX Catalina and Win10 with office on both sides.  Pulled her old hard drive and stuck in in a portable case with mini-USB cord.  When she gets an extended break, I’ll move her really nice now spare HD into the MacBook and set that up instead.  I TB SSD vs a 500 GB SATA makes for an impressive boost in performance.

I use VMWare Fusion when NEEDING to run Win. No need to reboot and I can't tell any performance hit (Intel based Macs).

Nice for her. Congrats on the revival.

Offline Skee

• Contributor
« Reply #6333 on: January 12, 2020, 11:56:43 AM »
I think it's warmer outside today than it is here in the house.  Crazy weather & hyped storm forecasts are the norm. 

We took the fire hazard (aka Christmas tree) down.  Always wait for Russian/Greek/Ukrainian Christmas (& Three Kings) to pass.   
but they have never found these dangers sufficient reason for remaining ashore.   Vincent van Gogh

Offline Baxter

• Contributor
  • I broke the internet!
« Reply #6334 on: January 13, 2020, 01:13:32 PM »
Just like all media, our meteorologists seem to thrive on hype.

How true. We had a tv weatherman in Bismarck who went into a tizzy seemingly for every drop of rain, His reputation was so bad that a different station started advertising "we're here to inform you, not scare you."  He quietly disappeared, probably when his contract expired.

Online sleazy rider

• Contributor
  • Pikey van dweller
    • Da Blog!
« Reply #6335 on: January 13, 2020, 02:01:42 PM »

I use VMWare Fusion when NEEDING to run Win. No need to reboot and I can't tell any performance hit (Intel based Macs).

Nice for her. Congrats on the revival.

She contracts for two different auditing companies.  One is Mac friendly and the other is a disaster.   :lol:   Their German database software is a train wreck and supposedly will be updated in 2020 to much more user friendly stuff.  She prays for the day.  Unfortunately, they pay better and quicker, so most of her audits are thru them now. 

I resurrected a MacBook mid-2009 for her and used a hack to install Catalina because it's the most up to date available.  No real performance hit on the 2.2Ghz processor with 8GB of RAM noticed.  I'm running it on my mid-2010 too.  Hell, it's faster than Win10 on the same hardware.  Go figure.

Will look into VMWare Fusion for her use.  She's not a techie, so it better be simple to run in her case.  It's been a long while since I used it too.  /fingers crossed
--Tom

Online Bounce

• Contributor
    • FJR-Tips
« Reply #6336 on: January 14, 2020, 09:53:55 AM »
Click on the icon, wait for the window to open, hit the "play" button, and wait for the Windows login.

Set it up to only share to a specific (single) folder. On mine it's a folder called "shared" on the Mac desktop. That way the oft-attacked Windows doesn't have full access. To share files between the 2, simply put the file in Shared.

Online sleazy rider

• Contributor
  • Pikey van dweller
    • Da Blog!
« Reply #6337 on: January 14, 2020, 10:28:52 AM »
Click on the icon, wait for the window to open, hit the "play" button, and wait for the Windows login.

Set it up to only share to a specific (single) folder. On mine it's a folder called "shared" on the Mac desktop. That way the oft-attacked Windows doesn't have full access. To share files between the 2, simply put the file in Shared.

I downloaded a trial last night of Fusion 8.  Her company told her she needed to use Parallels for their software to be supported.  /eyeroll Fortunately, I set up the trial on mine to play with.  It’s gone now.
--Tom

Online Bounce

• Contributor
    • FJR-Tips
« Reply #6338 on: January 14, 2020, 01:47:34 PM »
Probably because they "know it" more than that their Windows apps don't work. If it was a work-owned laptop, I shrug. If it's personal, then I'd go with VMWare and not tell them. But I like VMWare.

Offline Baxter

• Contributor
  • I broke the internet!
« Reply #6339 on: January 25, 2020, 02:47:41 PM »
I've belatedly put away the Christmas decorations. We'd kept them out for some post-holiday get togethers (ok, we kept them out because we had an excuse to be lazy).

My Mother was superstitious about putting the decorations away in a timely manner.  She said that if the tree wasn't down and the decorations packed by the end of New Year's Day, my Father and I would have a whole year of bad luck. ;)

Online maddjack

• Contributor
  • UFO PILOT
« Reply #6340 on: January 25, 2020, 04:20:48 PM »
Bought a new laundry tub to replace the crappy old one. Next up is removal and installation.
VIVA EL STINKO

Online Andrew

• Contributor
  • Motorcycles: Got a Few
« Reply #6341 on: January 25, 2020, 08:44:48 PM »
The toilet upstairs has been acting up for a while. I replaced the flapper with a "new and improved" POS. Ok so it stopped running but would not flush properly. To day I just got sick and tired of dealing with shit.
 Today we (me, wife, two sons) went to homedumpo, lowest to see what was available. Ok  I get it this is what is offered and what they want for them. Some are real fancy, some are functional. Wife says to me "doesn't costco have one?" So onward we go, to the member only store. Sure enough they have the  one I wanted and at about $100 less, done deal.
  Took about an hour flipping flushers.
How do I get rid of the old one or Just wondering should I use the old one as a front yard planter box??  A large bouquet of flowers might look classy in the bowl, lots of artists in my neck of the woods.
Freedom without regulations that protect the general good is nothing less than anarchy by the rich.

"Riders might be worse than Kardashians for stupidity any more." Cornbe

Online Cookie

• Super Moderator
  • Tacos are life.
  • Motorcycles: '16 MG Audace, '10 Ural T, '19 Ural Gear Up and from out of nowhere, the surprise '06 KLR 650!
« Reply #6342 on: January 26, 2020, 03:49:14 AM »
Throw it in the ocean. Lobsters love living in old toilets.
“Government is the Entertainment division of the military-industrial complex.”

― Frank Zappa

Online chornbe

• Contributor
« Reply #6343 on: January 26, 2020, 08:08:47 AM »
Marcel Duchamp, redux.

Offline Skee

• Contributor
« Reply #6344 on: January 26, 2020, 08:24:55 AM »
Marcel Duchamp, redux.

Marcel Duchamp, reflux.  FTFY   (One of my all-time favorite modern artists.)
Marcel Duchamp, reflush.  FTFme

Online Andrew

• Contributor
« Reply #6345 on: January 26, 2020, 09:26:29 AM »
Marcel Duchamp, redux.

Yes, I like that!  Use it to make a fountain.
I'll need to source a water pump, a bit of piping and a few cans of gold spray paint. I see water shooting out of the tank in a high arch and into the air and landing in the bowl
Only where would I put the fountain? It would not fit in with the current garden. None the less might be fun to make, heck I bet one of the dam hipsters or maybe one of the never ending horde of tourists might buy it .

Another option might be to place it on the street of SF, as folks seem to always need a place to dump on the streets of SF.
Freedom without regulations that protect the general good is nothing less than anarchy by the rich.

Online Bounce

• Contributor
    • FJR-Tips
« Reply #6346 on: January 26, 2020, 11:40:45 AM »
Moving the furniture in the master br so I can clean the carpet. My slothful wife has let drops and spills just remain (historical reconstruction of what she has eaten and drunk since that recliner was placed in that corner?).

Ugh. Moved more stuff. Found more stuff. Vacuumed 3 times, broomed the base boards and also used the broom to "roll up" tumbleweeds of dust and cat hair, vacuumed again, got down with a lint roller for the rest.

It's not even noon yet.

Now to use the carpet shampooer...

Yesterday was more fun because it was warm enough to head to the outdoor range and zero my 6.5 Creedmoor. 20 rounds to get on paper at 50 yards (yeah, my scope was way off at first). 10 rounds to zero at 100. 10 for fun. The 6.5 CM is tons easier at distance than the .308.

« Last Edit: January 26, 2020, 12:04:10 PM by Bounce »

Offline Baxter

• Contributor
  • I broke the internet!
« Reply #6347 on: January 26, 2020, 12:51:17 PM »
Moving the furniture in the master br so I can clean the carpet. My slothful wife has let drops and spills just remain (historical reconstruction of what she has eaten and drunk since that recliner was placed in that corner?).

Ugh. Moved more stuff. Found more stuff. Vacuumed 3 times, broomed the base boards and also used the broom to "roll up" tumbleweeds of dust and cat hair, vacuumed again, got down with a lint roller for the rest.

It's not even noon yet.

Now to use the carpet shampooer...

Yesterday was more fun because it was warm enough to head to the outdoor range and zero my 6.5 Creedmoor. 20 rounds to get on paper at 50 yards (yeah, my scope was way off at first). 10 rounds to zero at 100. 10 for fun. The 6.5 CM is tons easier at distance than the .308.

I trust your wife doesn't read this forum.   ;D

Your reminded me of the 20 years of accumulated dust bunnies under the beds and sofas in the house we moved out of last summer.  I only had a cordless vac left after the movers took the furniture away (as it would best fit in the car), and it took 4 to 5 full lint traps apiece.  I also found lost kids toys from ages ago and had some fun returning them to their now-adult owners--it brought up a lot of memories.

Online PatM

• Contributor
  • Motorcycles: 2016 BMW R1200RT
« Reply #6348 on: January 26, 2020, 02:45:48 PM »
I scraped ice off my driveway.
Ride safe!

Online Andrew

• Contributor
« Reply #6349 on: January 26, 2020, 06:15:54 PM »
Hung new lights on the kitchen, wife likes them so all is good.

Did some early spring trimming in the garden, also the grass seeds are starting to sprout up nicely.

Also went for a pedal down to the beach and watched the waves. Storm must be on the way waves are big.

Sitting back and sipping on a Little Sumpin from Lagunitas brewing. Life is good