Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: What did you do today Non moto  (Read 584414 times)

Online maddjack

• Contributor
  • UFO PILOT
  • Motorcycles: KLz1000 Versys
Re: What did you do today Non moto
« Reply #6150 on: November 12, 2019, 02:47:49 PM »
Making ham and bean soup for dinner ( simmering now)  , made a pasta salad for us to have for lunch , chopped peppers up for chili  and put into containers, made coleslaw for dinner side tomorrow, and made egg salad for today's lunch. Still got in a 45 min stationary bike work out , and walked 7 flights of steps and 5400 steps not counting the workout, so far according to the fit bit .Now to relax after a shower and watch Queen of the south.
VIVA EL STINKO

The little red bike is gone , sniff sniff, but the Batbike has begun.

Online Bounce

• Contributor
    • FJR-Tips
  • Motorcycles: Yes
« Reply #6151 on: November 13, 2019, 09:21:40 AM »
Yum. That's on my short list. I'm still working my way through a batch of beef stroganoff I made the other day. I add serrano peppers to mine. You?

On the short list because of the cold snap.

Beef stroganoff - DONE!
Ham and Beans
Chili
Beef Pot Roast
Chicken & Sausage Gumbo

Leftovers take time because of my diet. 1.5 cups of any of the above for 1 meal with other meals being salads, fruits, etc.

On a less-positive note, I ordered a refurbed Dell desktop on the 8th and never got a confirmation from Dell. PayPal sure dinged my card right away and it's since posted. Dell never got the order into their system, so they couldn't issue a refund back to the card (and PayPal is as elusive as ever). I had to bounce around through 3 different people who had different levels of access to learn that the order never jumped across that last gap for a finished order (from PP to D). Got the CC company to dispute and roll back the charge and went back to Dell to do the payment directly. Saved $11 from last week and got a skosh faster computer too.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2019, 09:43:21 AM by Bounce »

Online PatM

• Contributor
  • Motorcycles: 2016 BMW R1200RT
« Reply #6152 on: November 13, 2019, 12:13:55 PM »
The Artist Formerly Known As Bubbles

:lol:

Ride safe!

Offline Baxter

• Contributor
  • I broke the internet!
  • Motorcycles: Ninjette Noire
« Reply #6153 on: November 14, 2019, 10:54:31 PM »
The new home has a slant ceiling in the master bedroom with a squeaky ceiling fan. It needed cleaning.  For a while now.  And the roads are icy, I'm retired, my wife likes a clean house, I've run out of excuses, maybe I'm bored (I learned as a child never to say that in front of my parents, or any other adults for that matter), etc.  And so I broke out the tall ladder and cleaned the fan.

I also investigated the squeak hoping not to find a family of mice.  No mice, but a bit of trim was loose. I pushed it in place and tightened it with a screwdriver, and the squeak vanished.

I like "no money" repairs.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.  --Douglas Adams

Online jadziadax8

• Contributor
  • Yeah it's a girl's bike. THIS girl's bike.
  • Motorcycles: 2007 Kawasaki Ninja 650r
« Reply #6154 on: November 15, 2019, 10:45:37 AM »
I love the sig, Baxter!

I've done the "Dirk Gently" method of navigation described by that quote.  It works!
She's got a worm in 'er belly? That's disgusting! That's interesting, but very disgusting. 

My Other Hobby

Online Papa Lazarou

• Contributor
  • For further information, please re-read.
  • Motorcycles: Moto Guzzi Griso 1200SE Diablo Rosso
« Reply #6155 on: November 15, 2019, 10:59:14 AM »
I vape. It's better than smoking. I also need to put eye drops into my eyes. This morning, I was distracted and managed to put vape oil into an eye (the bottles are very similar) and went into shock with the agony of it. Lucky I work in a hospital. Unlucky that I can be a complete twat at times.
Putting the laughter back into manslaughter

Offline Eh2zed

• ATW V2.0
  • Motorcycles: 2008 Honda CBF1000A and 2004 BMW R1100S
« Reply #6156 on: November 15, 2019, 02:37:53 PM »
FYI for my American friends...
Although I am Canadian, there is a branch of the family that salutes the Stars and Stripes.
My grandfather first immigrated to the United States in 1896 from Japan. He subsequently married an Irish girl in Atlantic City in 1906. Their firstborn was my aunt. She was born in the USA so was American. The next 2 kids including my dad were born in Canada after the family moved to Toronto. When my American aunt met an American from Cambridge Mass they moved to the States. As a kid I barely remember my American uncle John but I do remember his brother Joe.
Joe was a Jesuit priest. When the war started he joined the US Navy and was posted to the USS Franklin (CV-13). In March 1945 Big Ben was attacked by a Japanese plane. Over 800 men were killed.
My uncle Joe was awarded the Congressional Medal of Honor by President Truman. So my aunt who was half Japanese had a brother-in-law who earned a medal fighting the Japanese.

History is full of irony.
My GPS just told me to turn left, then turn left, then turn left, then turn left.
So if I go too far left do I end up right?

Offline minimac

• Practicing Neanderthal
  • Motorcycles: GL1500A,Burgman Executive(hopefully sold), Majesty, Morphous
« Reply #6157 on: November 15, 2019, 07:12:05 PM »
Spent seven freaking hours "bonding" with Mrs.Mini, furniture shopping for the new to us house. What a giant pain-pure torture. But I smiled, nodded approvingly, and generally was well behaved.  She then suggested we stop at a motorcycle/scooter shop we passed.  She shocked me by strongly suggesting I buy one of the Goldwing trikes they had in stock. I had to put my foot down on that, though. While I'm old, and really do like almost any Goldwing, I'm not gimpy enough to ride a trike that looks like an old mans version of a kids Big Wheel.  At least not yet.
old enough to know better

Online Cookie

• Super Moderator
  • Tacos are life.
  • Motorcycles: '16 MG Audace, '10 Ural T, '19 Ural Gear Up and from out of nowhere, the surprise '06 KLR 650!
« Reply #6158 on: November 15, 2019, 07:17:35 PM »
Spent seven freaking hours "bonding" with Mrs.Mini, furniture shopping for the new to us house. What a giant pain-pure torture. But I smiled, nodded approvingly, and generally was well behaved.  She then suggested we stop at a motorcycle/scooter shop we passed.  She shocked me by strongly suggesting I buy one of the Goldwing trikes they had in stock. I had to put my foot down on that, though. While I'm old, and really do like almost any Goldwing, I'm not gimpy enough to ride a trike that looks like an old mans version of a kids Big Wheel.  At least not yet.

https://www.alphacars.com/vehicle-details/new-2020-ural-gear-up-slate-grey-boxborough-ma-id-33377590

Just saying.
“Government is the Entertainment division of the military-industrial complex.”

― Frank Zappa

Offline Baxter

• Contributor
  • I broke the internet!
« Reply #6159 on: November 15, 2019, 11:10:17 PM »
I love the sig, Baxter!

I've done the "Dirk Gently" method of navigation described by that quote.  It works!

Thanks. That line kinda speaks to how I wound up here.  All of the details of my life would be different had I made different decisions, such as college, jobs, etc.  But given certain consistent personality traits, I think that any alternative decision would have lead to a life that looks very much like the life I have now. Just with other people, a different town, and so on.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.  --Douglas Adams

Offline minimac

• Practicing Neanderthal
  • Motorcycles: GL1500A,Burgman Executive(hopefully sold), Majesty, Morphous
« Reply #6160 on: November 16, 2019, 10:40:59 AM »

(Obscene pic posted by Cookie deleted)
....Just saying.

While I could get into sidecars, a Ural? No way, Jose.
old enough to know better

Online sleazy rider

• Contributor
  • Pikey van dweller
    • Da Blog!
  • Motorcycles: 1990 Suzuki DR350S
« Reply #6161 on: November 16, 2019, 11:22:59 AM »
Visited Space Memorial Park in Titusville, FL this morning.  Well worth the stop, but I'm puzzled by why just one section was dog barred.   :shrug:   We went and walked all the rest of the markers, signs and statues.

As a side treat, I stopped at a local RV dealership and checked out a few used Class A & C units for informational purposes.  Having never been in one, I am absolutely curious about space layout, elbow room and general info on them.  They were all out of my price range, but it was a good fact finding mission.

Monday, I'll be doing the Space Museum on Canaveral all day or as much as I can stand.   ;D
--Tom

Online Vulcanbill

• Contributor
  • no thank you ... still
  • Motorcycles: XT250, Ninja 500R
« Reply #6162 on: November 16, 2019, 04:09:22 PM »
We were all about a used class c...  until we drove one. Um...no. We had visions of Kim going back and making sammiches as needed, potty breaks without breaking, and baby you can sleep while I drive opportunities. Maybe the one we drove was just a beater but it crushed our dreams of the above.
If a person's primary concern is increasing freedom, they should prepare for a reduction in average lifespan.  ---  Misanthropist

If you say "Gullible" real slow, it sounds like "Orange"

Online sleazy rider

• Contributor
  • Pikey van dweller
    • Da Blog!
  • Motorcycles: 1990 Suzuki DR350S
« Reply #6163 on: November 16, 2019, 04:48:01 PM »
I laughed internally at this sales guy. 

Talking the lowest priced $35k Class A they had in the lot up.  As I walked it, I noticed the water rippled ceiling, the many broken light fixtures and cracked trim rings on all the ceiling pass thrus.  It did have some good eye appeal until you looked UP.  Space utilization was excellent IMHO.  Rear bed turned on an angle from one corner gave a bunch more walk around room.  Bathroom was decently set up, kitchen would have had me cooking all the time.  (I like to cook!).  34k miles on the odo and a quick look at the outside revealed one year old tires with nearly no wear. 

I didn't look real close because I wasn't a buyer after seeing the ceilings. 

Class A - https://www.rvdirectamerica.com/default.asp?page=xPreOwnedInventoryDetail&id=6051063&p=1&s=Year&d=D&vt=motorhome&fr=xPreOwnedInventory

The class C?  A rolling wreck and $16k.  Yeah, I took a card and ran away to keep looking.

https://www.rvdirectamerica.com/default.asp?page=xPreOwnedInventoryDetail&id=8067904&p=1&s=Year&d=D&t=preowned&vt=motorhome&fr=xPreOwnedInventory
--Tom

Offline thatguy

• Motorcycles: a few
« Reply #6164 on: November 16, 2019, 04:50:06 PM »
New sneakers for the WRX along with a decent bath.
sometimes WTF is the appropriate answer

Online jadziadax8

• Contributor
  • Yeah it's a girl's bike. THIS girl's bike.
  • Motorcycles: 2007 Kawasaki Ninja 650r
« Reply #6165 on: November 16, 2019, 05:55:00 PM »
Played racquetball for the first time in ages with Fourstring and Sprout while Little Bit had swimming lessons. Sprout seems to be a natural. We had enough fun we decided to join the Y and make it a weekly thing.
She's got a worm in 'er belly? That's disgusting! That's interesting, but very disgusting. 

My Other Hobby

Online Vulcanbill

• Contributor
  • no thank you ... still
« Reply #6166 on: November 16, 2019, 07:55:31 PM »
Today was chainsaw day. Dropped a couple small trees with the 261 mostly out of convenience then cut up the wood to season. Then took the 391 with the newly acquired 25” bar and finally cut up the monster black oak logs that have been here since we built the house. There were three ~12 footers and we cut two of them. The rounds were a two man lift to get on the trailer and I wasn’t comfortable with loading any more than 4 at a time with the quad pulling it. So heavy. Really nice being able to use the quad to go into the woods and get the wood tho. Really nice. Now I just need a smaller trailer. The remaining log is the biggest and will preset the most challenge. Not sure we will be able to even get those rounds on the trailer. I might have to split them with the axe before trying to move them. Good times and a free workout.

That 261 (technically my brothers but I’m babysitting it for him) is an incredibly nice saw.  So quick and so light. Just put a brand new aggressive chain on it and it was such a dream to run. If you’re in the market, just spend the money up front. You won’t regret it.
If a person's primary concern is increasing freedom, they should prepare for a reduction in average lifespan.  ---  Misanthropist

Online biking sailor

• Motorcycles: A Griso, a few Yamahas, a BMW GS, and all subject to change!
« Reply #6167 on: November 16, 2019, 08:31:09 PM »
Went and saw a train touring the Southwest. It was a steam train brought back to life. Big Boy 4014. Very cool to see it steaming down the track.

Offline Baxter

• Contributor
  • I broke the internet!
« Reply #6168 on: November 16, 2019, 11:30:08 PM »
Today was chainsaw day. Dropped a couple small trees with the 261 mostly out of convenience then cut up the wood to season. Then took the 391 with the newly acquired 25” bar and finally cut up the monster black oak logs that have been here since we built the house. There were three ~12 footers and we cut two of them. The rounds were a two man lift to get on the trailer and I wasn’t comfortable with loading any more than 4 at a time with the quad pulling it. So heavy. Really nice being able to use the quad to go into the woods and get the wood tho. Really nice. Now I just need a smaller trailer. The remaining log is the biggest and will preset the most challenge. Not sure we will be able to even get those rounds on the trailer. I might have to split them with the axe before trying to move them. Good times and a free workout.

That 261 (technically my brothers but I’m babysitting it for him) is an incredibly nice saw.  So quick and so light. Just put a brand new aggressive chain on it and it was such a dream to run. If you’re in the market, just spend the money up front. You won’t regret it.

Wisconsin has been seeing a major issue with an imported insect that is destroying ash trees.  The general understanding is that it came in to Chicago on an unfumigated or improperly fumigated shipping pallet.  Have you seen this in West Virginia yet? 

Online Papa Lazarou

• Contributor
« Reply #6169 on: November 17, 2019, 01:36:28 AM »

Wisconsin has been seeing a major issue with an imported insect that is destroying ash trees.  The general understanding is that it came in to Chicago on an unfumigated or improperly fumigated shipping pallet.  Have you seen this in West Virginia yet?

we've got dreadful Ash die-back over here and a funny little green beetle is waiting to kill more but hasn't got here from France yet.

Offline Baxter

• Contributor
  • I broke the internet!
« Reply #6170 on: November 17, 2019, 01:56:26 AM »
Sorry to hear that, Papa.  Our problem is called the Emerald Ash Borer, possibly the same insect.
 There's just something so sad about a forest standing dead.

Online Vulcanbill

• Contributor
  • no thank you ... still
« Reply #6171 on: November 17, 2019, 06:09:31 AM »
Yeah, we got that. Bad for the trees and bad in general I suppose. However, Ash is great firewood and even dead, burns hot and long. Problem is they're snapping off at the most illogical of places and they snap like candy canes when they land. Neighbor has a bunch of them down that we will go harvest soon.

Online Bounce

• Contributor
    • FJR-Tips
« Reply #6172 on: November 17, 2019, 11:42:07 AM »
We were all about a used class c...  until we drove one. Um...no. We had visions of Kim going back and making sammiches as needed, potty breaks without breaking, and baby you can sleep while I drive opportunities. Maybe the one we drove was just a beater but it crushed our dreams of the above.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0047191/?ref_=nm_flmg_act_33

Offline mr.awesome

• Motorcycles: 04 Triumph Sprint ST, 03 Kawazuki KLX400SR-SM, 99 Yamaha TW200
« Reply #6173 on: November 17, 2019, 12:44:56 PM »
Friday was opening day of firearm deer season. Went up to the local Harley dealer who has a buck pole every year. The place was packed. Nice family friendly event. A lot of meat hanging here.

Offline stevent

• Motorcycles: 2010 K1300GT
« Reply #6174 on: November 17, 2019, 02:09:03 PM »
We got all moved out of the house and into our daughter and son-in-laws guest room. Our new home for the 5 or 6 months it'll be before our new house is built. I have to say this whole find a house, get a mortgage, sell our house, pack our shit and git has been an experience, not an unpleasant one, but stressful and not one I care to repeat. A good excuse to simplify and get rid of a ton of accumulated things if nothing else..

Props to the movers we hired, the three of them flat busted ass and packed our two PODS like a jigsaw puzzle. Not being PC here, but anyone saying Hispanics are lazy hasn't worked with the people I've dealt with. All the ones I've used for various projects and also contracted with at work are some of the nicest and hardest working people I've met.

At any rate, now we'll just lay low for awhile until the house is done. SWMBO is having a ball picking out everything from floors to doorknobs so she's happy which is all that counts.

;)   
"Sure I get the best parking spots, but who could love a man with a wooden leg and a face like a chickens arse?"

Offline Baxter

• Contributor
  • I broke the internet!
« Reply #6175 on: November 17, 2019, 07:42:34 PM »
I helped fix a cabinet door and hang four new curtain rods and curtains at my wife's sister's place.  My wife helped her sister pick out some new décor, I was consulted mostly for the practical aspects but they also welcomed my decorating suggestions.  The bro-in-law is an engineer, but these types of things are just a really low priority for him so my being on hand today seems to serve as the prompt for us to complete a backlog of tasks.  Next weekend we take down a vertical blind at the sliding patio door and replace it with a curtain rod and more curtains.   

Offline Baxter

• Contributor
  • I broke the internet!
« Reply #6176 on: November 17, 2019, 07:52:53 PM »
Yeah, we got that. Bad for the trees and bad in general I suppose. However, Ash is great firewood and even dead, burns hot and long. Problem is they're snapping off at the most illogical of places and they snap like candy canes when they land. Neighbor has a bunch of them down that we will go harvest soon.

I was afraid of that. A barren Appalachia just wouldn't be as pleasant.

I've been wondering how long it will take our forests to recover, what type of mix of trees will grow in place of the ash, and how much effort and cost we might incur in clean up to prevent fires and possible replanting.  A friend took time off from work, rented a lift and tied off branches and then the trunks of two large ash that died on his city lot where the trees can't just be felled.  I think of that cost multiplied by every household or business with ash trees in addition to the cost on public lands. 

Online Bounce

• Contributor
    • FJR-Tips
« Reply #6177 on: November 18, 2019, 10:10:08 AM »
Fricken Windows, fricken every time, I fricken work on one there's fricken something to fricken fight with.

This time it was a new one. Everything set up like usual. Updates and upgrades done without a hitch. Then no connectivity to the outside world. It would reach out to Micro$oft's web site and hit google (dot com) and do searches. Try to click on a external link and fricken falez evahwhar. A real head scratcher.  Finally figured out it had set up the Ethernet as a "public" network so it locked down everything except updates (think about a deployment in a food court).

Frack! I hate Windoze!

've been wondering ... what type of mix of trees will grow in place of the ash

Online chornbe

• Contributor
    • The Pace Motorcycle Podcast
  • Motorcycles: Honda DN-01
« Reply #6178 on: November 18, 2019, 10:12:36 AM »
I just turned down a bunch of paying work on a Windows and Azure small biz set up. I just don't know so much any more, and don't want to charge someone to (re)learn a platform that I don't care about or like any more. All those old Microsoft certs I have aren't worth a damn any more, and I'm A-OK with that.
this signature on hold pending review

Offline Baxter

• Contributor
  • I broke the internet!
« Reply #6179 on: November 18, 2019, 02:42:18 PM »
Sleepytime herbal tea and honey, big comfy chair in the study, Baroque on Pandora, doggo napping in my lap.  Seems to be a good day.

I've had more than a year to practice being retired.  I think I'm doing it right.

Offline CLAY

• Super Moderator
  • Help me Mr. Wizard!!!
  • Motorcycles: '03 Bandit 1200S, '97 XR650L, '79 XS650 Tracker, '75 XS650 Standard
« Reply #6180 on: November 19, 2019, 10:11:24 PM »
Friday- was opening day deer season.  Saturday I had a small 8 point and a larger 6 point come in- I tried to take the big 6 with my 10mm pistol, but it wouldn't hold still, so I let it walk.  Does taste better anyway.
"Most accidents happen when the meek meet the douchebags."  -Viffergyrl
"The wider the road, the worse the food." -Coho
Let's do some science.

Offline Baxter

• Contributor
  • I broke the internet!
« Reply #6181 on: November 19, 2019, 11:00:52 PM »
Saw Ford v. Ferrari.  It was a lot better than I was expecting.  The racing was good. The corporate infighting was interesting in a sad way.

Online Papa Lazarou

• Contributor
« Reply #6182 on: November 20, 2019, 05:23:21 AM »
Sorry to hear that, Papa.  Our problem is called the Emerald Ash Borer, possibly the same insect.
 There's just something so sad about a forest standing dead.

That's beetle waiting to cross from France. Ash Die Back Disease is a fungus. Hymenoscyphus fraxineus-used to be called Chlarara . Got here in 2006. About a third of trees are resistant.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hymenoscyphus_fraxineus

Offline Baxter

• Contributor
  • I broke the internet!
« Reply #6183 on: November 20, 2019, 10:27:44 AM »
The kitchen faucet handle in the new home was a bit loose, but the handle's set screw was tight so I just left it be since we're thinking of remodeling.  Then the handle just came off with another part still attached.

Turns out it was a loose screw about three parts down inside the mechanism--the handle attached to a part which itself attached to another part and that's where the fault laid.  All fixed.  But to do so required a bit of effort as the part attached to the handle needed to be disconnected from the handle for assembly and the set screw for the handle had been locktighted to an obscene degree.  Then these parts were corroded together and needed to be held with a vise while I pried them apart.

Another no cost repair!  Yea!

Online PatM

• Contributor
« Reply #6184 on: November 20, 2019, 04:25:56 PM »
Shoveled snow from the walkway again. We have December weather in November.  :bluduh:
Ride safe!

Offline Baxter

• Contributor
  • I broke the internet!
« Reply #6185 on: November 21, 2019, 10:07:06 PM »
A gloomy and rainy day.

So once again I headed to the comfy chair in the study, this time to sit with the dog in my lap while listening to moody Celtic new age music with a Scotch. 

Maybe the Ninjette will see sunshine tomorrow.

Online Cookie

• Super Moderator
  • Tacos are life.
  • Motorcycles: '16 MG Audace, '10 Ural T, '19 Ural Gear Up and from out of nowhere, the surprise '06 KLR 650!
« Reply #6186 on: November 22, 2019, 02:23:19 AM »
Took the mower linkage assembly off the tractor, greased and checked the fluids then installed the blower assembly and the blower.

Bring it.

― Frank Zappa

Online Bounce

• Contributor
    • FJR-Tips
« Reply #6187 on: November 22, 2019, 10:07:53 AM »
Made pot roast, set out my Thanksgiving light(s), cleaned a pistol, took a tube amp to be checked out by the tech, watched a kaiju movie, probably other stuff too.

Online Skee

• Contributor
  • Motorcycles: 2019 Versys
« Reply #6188 on: November 22, 2019, 12:27:24 PM »
Cleaned up the yard and made  several cubic yards of leaf mulch, because what else are you gonna do with them.   
The fishermen know that the sea is dangerous and the storm terrible,
but they have never found these dangers sufficient reason for remaining ashore.   Vincent van Gogh

Online maddjack

• Contributor
  • UFO PILOT
« Reply #6189 on: November 22, 2019, 12:58:00 PM »
Continued with my exercise program, 3 solid weeks now and I feel great, and am improving what I want to improve, except weight. Not really worried about that as I am definitely in better shape, working out 5 to 6 days a week.Today's end will mark end of week 4.
VIVA EL STINKO

Online PatM

• Contributor
« Reply #6190 on: November 22, 2019, 02:21:40 PM »
I'm watching the snow melt. Hoping for one last ride this year.
Ride safe!

Offline Baxter

• Contributor
  • I broke the internet!
« Reply #6191 on: November 22, 2019, 04:26:34 PM »
Continued with my exercise program, 3 solid weeks now and I feel great, and am improving what I want to improve, except weight. Not really worried about that as I am definitely in better shape, working out 5 to 6 days a week.Today's end will mark end of week 4.

Muscle is denser than fat, so if you are loosing inches but maintaining the same weight you are probably replacing fat with muscle. Sounds like this is working for you. 

Now if I could just get motivated.  But the comfy chair keeps calling out to me.

Offline Baxter

• Contributor
  • I broke the internet!
« Reply #6192 on: November 22, 2019, 04:38:03 PM »
Took the mower linkage assembly off the tractor, greased and checked the fluids then installed the blower assembly and the blower.

Bring it.

Be careful what you ask for.  Polar vortex?   :lol:

Your request reminded me of this guy who has been in my local news recently.  It probably belongs in the weird news, but it's unwise to publicly dare a federal prosecutor:  https://www.jsonline.com/story/news/investigations/2019/10/07/todd-dyer-bring-on-felon-harassing-victims-prison/3864489002/

Online Cookie

• Super Moderator
  • Tacos are life.
« Reply #6193 on: November 22, 2019, 05:31:43 PM »
Slipped at work and dislocated my right ring finger to a 90 degree angle. It all happened so fast. Without even thinking I reached down and grabbed it and snapped it straight again. Then I had to ride the Ural home.

It's okay though, it was my right-hand so it was just the brakes.

― Frank Zappa

Offline Baxter

• Contributor
  • I broke the internet!
« Reply #6194 on: November 22, 2019, 11:48:13 PM »
Slipped at work and dislocated my right ring finger to a 90 degree angle. It all happened so fast. Without even thinking I reached down and grabbed it and snapped it straight again. Then I had to ride the Ural home.

Ouch!

Online Bounce

• Contributor
    • FJR-Tips
« Reply #6195 on: November 23, 2019, 09:44:46 AM »

I hate that. Get well soon. Snapped the last joint of my left pinkie when I tried to catch something that was slipping off a coworker's shelf. Pilon break from stabbing the finger straight down on the arm of his guest chair. Worked the rest of the day after going down to the cafeteria and getting a couple of plastic knives to use as splints.

Online maddjack

• Contributor
  • UFO PILOT
« Reply #6196 on: November 23, 2019, 10:05:56 AM »

. That sucks, I have done fingers that way. Heal up soon.
VIVA EL STINKO

Online Cookie

• Super Moderator
  • Tacos are life.
« Reply #6197 on: November 23, 2019, 02:20:57 PM »
My knuckle is purple. I woke up this morning and realized that the finger didn't hurt at all but my knees where I hit were bruised and my back was jacked. It's been an irritating day at work so far with three hours to go.

Getting old blows.

― Frank Zappa

Online chornbe

• Contributor
    • The Pace Motorcycle Podcast
  • Motorcycles: Honda DN-01
« Reply #6198 on: November 24, 2019, 07:49:04 AM »
hear hear. alternate ice and heat.
this signature on hold pending review

Online Bounce