Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: What did you do today Non moto  (Read 544764 times)

Bounce, Eh2zed and 56 Guests are viewing this topic.

Online Eh2zed

• ATW V2.0
  • Motorcycles: 2008 Honda CBF1000A and 2004 BMW R1100S
Re: What did you do today Non moto
« Reply #5950 on: September 11, 2019, 09:28:48 PM »
Beep beep beep
My GPS just told me to turn left, then turn left, then turn left, then turn left.
So if I go too far left do I end up right?

Online stevent

• Motorcycles: 2010 K1300GT
« Reply #5951 on: September 12, 2019, 09:12:11 AM »
Growing up our neighbor had one- he had a two-stall garage with a pole between the two doors- he parked the Nash behind the pole between the other cars.

I thought both cars were beautiful. What blew me away was the custom. We were walking into town and saw and heard the 327 pulling in. Looking at it the body lines are totally stock. Visually the only give away is the tires look a little bit larger from the side. Until you looked from behind. The whole rear view was all tire. Amazing workmanship to stuff that much motor, rearend and tire into that little package and keep the factory body lines.  :hail:

When I was a teenager there was a guy in town that had a Vega. It looked normal enough from the outside but he had stuffed a big block Chebby engine in it and basically drove from the back seat. The same thing, from the rear it was all tires but other than a bump in the hood for a clearance it just looked like a canary yellow Vega with Cragers from any other angle.
"Sure I get the best parking spots, but who could love a man with a wooden leg and a face like a chickens arse?"

Online Leanintree

• Yay Motorcycles!
  • Motorcycles: yes
« Reply #5952 on: September 12, 2019, 01:43:16 PM »
I spent a beer sighting in my ratty plastic Crosman BB rifle. The baby bunny litters have got to stop. As much as they are cute and fuzzy-wuzzy, the 6 litters so far this summer are destroying my lawn and edge plantings, and the murderous cat CONTINUES to bring adolescent bunnies INTO the house to murder and torture in a comfortable and confined space...

The doe must go. I rue the requirement, but that fuzzy little pest must die since she won't get into the humane trap I've provided and she obviously has the sex drive of, well... a rabbit.

Requiem aeternam dona eis, Leanintree...

LT

« Last Edit: September 12, 2019, 02:25:51 PM by Leanintree »
Great googly-moogly!

Offline thatguy

• Motorcycles: a few
« Reply #5953 on: September 12, 2019, 02:47:39 PM »
Doctor.
sometimes WTF is the appropriate answer

Online Cookie

• Super Moderator
  • I am bored.
  • Motorcycles: '16 Moto Guzzi Audace, '10 Ural T
« Reply #5954 on: September 12, 2019, 03:49:52 PM »
Nap
i eats paste

Offline st2sam

• Motorcycles: 2014 Valkyrie 1993 Ducati 907ie
« Reply #5955 on: September 12, 2019, 04:37:31 PM »
Work.
She's a big girl, but boy can she dance.

"Traffic was thick as NRA members at an ammo sale." - Sleazy Rider

Online Eh2zed

• ATW V2.0
« Reply #5956 on: September 12, 2019, 06:48:19 PM »
I walked past my bike at least 50 times today.
My GPS just told me to turn left, then turn left, then turn left, then turn left.

Online sleazy rider

• Contributor
    • Da Blog!
  • Motorcycles: 1990 Suzuki DR350S
« Reply #5957 on: September 12, 2019, 06:52:16 PM »
Reworked the single bed in the ongoing van conversion.  It was about 4" too long to let the passenger seat adjust backwards.  I lopped off four inches in length and it's fine now.  Researching entertainment options for a small wall mount and LED tv for it.  A 19" LED tv goes about 3 pounds, so I don't think it'll overstress a steel wall mount.  Gonna go look at it at Best Buy tomorrow.

Need magnetic tv antenna, cable passthru, wall mount and tv to accomplish this.  About $100 all in.  Van is already wired for 110v shore power at campgrounds.

--Tom

Online The Artist Formerly Known As Bubbles

• Contributor
  • Cookie's bitch
    • The Pace Motorcycle Podcast
  • Motorcycles: Honda DN-01
« Reply #5958 on: September 13, 2019, 07:07:06 AM »
I think I have a small tv here, tom, though truthfully it'll cost just as much to ship it to you as it would be for you to just buy it; they've become such commodity items.
this signature on hold pending review

Online sleazy rider

• Contributor
    • Da Blog!
« Reply #5959 on: September 13, 2019, 07:37:01 AM »
I think I have a small tv here, tom, though truthfully it'll cost just as much to ship it to you as it would be for you to just buy it; they've become such commodity items.

Best Buy had a 19" Insignia for a whopping $60.  Picking it up later today.  Thanks, though.  And it weighs a massive 3.5 pounds.  The mount won't even know it's there.   :lol:

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/insignia-19-class-led-720p-hdtv/6164904.p?skuId=6164904

Ordered this mount last night too.  Two wall mounts included, so it can be moved outside the van with the awning extended.

https://www.mycablemart.com/store/cart.php?m=product_detail&p=6978&ad_source=google_usa&gclid=Cj0KCQjw2efrBRD3ARIsAEnt0ej2hsIWAmO96N_c8f4GoS4PQw8RVlJvN5ihkQTJq3NrwKCJMD47HGMaAnw-EALw_wcB

Trying this antenna, but don't expect too much.  As long as it picks up a few channels in civilization, I'd be happy.  TV also has HDMI/USB ports for my FireStick that can tether to my iPhone with unlimited data.  I can also hook up the laptop with about 100GB of movies on it.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Antenna-TV-Digital-HD-200-Mile-Range-Portable-Indoor-Outdoor-Magnetic-Base-Cable/273511489499?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649

Got some finishing to do on the bed bench today.  Paint, filler panels with carpeting and a couple doors, I think.  Need a piano hinge for the flip open section under the tri-fold bed pad.  It'll double as a tilt up section for tv watching (still need to steal a design for that online!). Walmart will supply the storage totes for a song.

I'd love to find a rear door mount ladder for accessing the roof storage rack.  Worst case, I break out the MIG and make one, but that's last resort.
--Tom

Online Bounce

• Contributor
    • FJR-Tips
  • Motorcycles: Yes
« Reply #5960 on: September 13, 2019, 10:50:05 AM »
Back on the range to sight in my scope after changing mounts.

Online sleazy rider

• Contributor
    • Da Blog!
« Reply #5961 on: September 13, 2019, 11:13:18 AM »
Back on the range to sight in my scope after changing mounts.

Pew!  Pew!

I need to do that myself.  No scope on the .45ACP though, just proficiency work.  Real world gun control.  ;)
--Tom

Online stevent

« Reply #5962 on: September 13, 2019, 01:11:14 PM »
I spent a beer sighting in my ratty plastic Crosman BB rifle. The baby bunny litters have got to stop. As much as they are cute and fuzzy-wuzzy, the 6 litters so far this summer are destroying my lawn and edge plantings, and the murderous cat CONTINUES to bring adolescent bunnies INTO the house to murder and torture in a comfortable and confined space...

The doe must go. I rue the requirement, but that fuzzy little pest must die since she won't get into the humane trap I've provided and she obviously has the sex drive of, well... a rabbit.

Requiem aeternam dona eis, Leanintree...

LT

It's cats I'm after. We have a few resident song birds in our yard that we feed year round. The neighbors cat like to sneak in over the fence once in awhile to try for a feathered lunch. I've nailed him a few times with my trusty Red Ryder but he seems to have a short memory. I'd use my .22 but I'm sure that wouldn't go over too well in the neighborhood, so I need to go for an eyeball shot and hit his brain or up my game to a .177 or something. That or a yummy bowl of antifreeze

Or he can stay the fuck out of my yard, leave my birds alone and live a happy kitty life. His choice I guess.

"Sure I get the best parking spots, but who could love a man with a wooden leg and a face like a chickens arse?"

Online Eh2zed

• ATW V2.0
« Reply #5963 on: September 13, 2019, 01:35:51 PM »

I'd love to find a rear door mount ladder for accessing the roof storage rack.  Worst case, I break out the MIG and make one, but that's last resort.
[/quote]

Above ground swimming pool ladder?

Online Bounce

• Contributor
    • FJR-Tips
« Reply #5964 on: September 14, 2019, 09:30:09 AM »
We have a few resident song birds in our yard that we feed year round.

We have free-range cats around the neighborhood (and 1 fox). I saw a smattering of feathers in the middle of our front yard a couple of days ago. Most of what we hear as "song birds" are gray doves.

I was disappointed in my performance at 100 yards with the new scope. After having time to process what was happening I chalked it up to a few issues.

1. This is still an MOA scope so I don't have to change my thinking patterns.
2. It's a "Christmas tree" reticle instead of a MilDot like I've used for many years. Remember the one that I got our to 800 yards in 50 yard increments using 1 shot/1 hit and just mildot hold overs?
3. I only brought 100 rounds and it was the cheap, throw-away type (since I was only needing to re-zero).

I did get on paper... then lost it again as the new turrets run opposite of the previous scope so there were several times I was bringing things into shape and, through habit, turned the turret the wrong way. DURP! It boils down to only 4 hours on the new scope vs hundreds on the previous one and the ones before that. As I started settling into things, I was out of ammo and it had been 95º/75%rh for some time so I packed it in. I'll be back...
« Last Edit: September 14, 2019, 10:00:45 AM by Bounce »

Online stevent

« Reply #5965 on: September 14, 2019, 12:49:40 PM »
It takes time and practice. Since SWMBO insists on a well manicured flower beds and a variety of shrubs the cats have plenty of cover to stalk any birds on the ground. All I get are snap shots when they break cover. Remarkably enough the ol' Red Ryder pretty accurate for the 15 or so yards I'm dealing with. Still cats are pretty quick so it can be a challenge. Lot's of neighbourhood friendly shooting fun though.

Online Bounce

• Contributor
    • FJR-Tips
« Reply #5966 on: September 15, 2019, 07:55:30 AM »
Installed a "spigot mount" on my KRG Whiskey 3 (Gen 6) chassis.

Online Andrew

• Contributor
  • Motorcycles: Got a Few
« Reply #5967 on: September 15, 2019, 10:54:08 AM »
Ran two washes through the still, Quality ingredients do make a difference
Freedom without regulations that protect the general good is nothing less than anarchy by the rich.

"Riders might be worse than Kardashians for stupidity any more." Cornbe

Online sleazy rider

• Contributor
    • Da Blog!
« Reply #5968 on: September 15, 2019, 11:03:05 AM »

Above ground swimming pool ladder?

Hmph, missed that reply.

Naw, the whole thing would be too large in scale.  That said, I found one, but they are proud of it.  With shipping, its ~$170.

http://www.eurocampers.com/56-Aluminum-Rear-Door-Ladder-for-mid-size-and-full-size-vans-in-White-Black-or-Silver-check-description-for-correct-fit_p_1847.html

Forgot to add, it's on the way.
--Tom

• Contributor
  • Cookie's bitch
« Reply #5969 on: September 15, 2019, 11:14:03 AM »
How does that not warp the door? Is there a bolster at the bottom to rest on the bumper or anything?

Online sleazy rider

• Contributor
    • Da Blog!
« Reply #5970 on: September 15, 2019, 12:04:16 PM »
How does that not warp the door? Is there a bolster at the bottom to rest on the bumper or anything?

Rear doors latch solid in the door frame and that's the only time you're on it.  They've been making these things for ages and I've never heard any complaints about damage.
--Tom

Offline Baxter

• Contributor
  • I broke the internet!
  • Motorcycles: Ninjette 400, farkled for long distances
« Reply #5971 on: September 15, 2019, 12:37:53 PM »
Fun with light bulbs.

Marriage is about finding ways to compromise.  My wife enjoys the brightest lights possible, and I enjoy not paying high electric bills.  Fortunately, there are LED bulbs.  I've been replacing the old hodge-podge of bulbs throughout our new home with LEDs.

The former owner was sensible in replacing bulbs only as they burned out. My issue probably speaks more to my having slight OCD rather than being critical of the former owner, but the new home had different light qualities from bulbs in the same fixture or in the basement flood lights.  This resulted from a single fixture or room having old-school incandescent, CFL and LED bulbs at the same time. Each seemed to emit light in different qualities--warmer and colder light, less lumens from one and more from another, etc. So I've been making the lights uniform for each fixture. This morning, I addressed the floods in the basement rec room.

Not exciting, but I feel happier that it's been done.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.  --Douglas Adams

Online sleazy rider

• Contributor
    • Da Blog!
« Reply #5972 on: September 15, 2019, 12:59:53 PM »
Fun with light bulbs.

Marriage is about finding ways to compromise.  My wife enjoys the brightest lights possible, and I enjoy not paying high electric bills.  Fortunately, there are LED bulbs.  I've been replacing the old hodge-podge of bulbs throughout our new home with LEDs.

The former owner was sensible in replacing bulbs only as they burned out. My issue probably speaks more to my having slight OCD rather than being critical of the former owner, but the new home had different light qualities from bulbs in the same fixture or in the basement flood lights.  This resulted from a single fixture or room having old-school incandescent, CFL and LED bulbs at the same time. Each seemed to emit light in different qualities--warmer and colder light, less lumens from one and more from another, etc. So I've been making the lights uniform for each fixture. This morning, I addressed the floods in the basement rec room.

LEDs are awesome.  I swapped our house out last spring and the drop in the electric bill has paid for them a couple times over already.  Them three way LEDs are pricy, but they all do last one heck of a lot longer than incandescents.  We did the driveway security lighting first because we were going thru halogens every 90 days or less.  The original LEDs are in there over a year later. Convinced me on the value!
--Tom

Online Eh2zed

• ATW V2.0
« Reply #5973 on: September 15, 2019, 01:18:27 PM »
👍 on the LED’s. Made a nice difference on my hydro bill.

Offline CLAY

• Super Moderator
  • Otay!
  • Motorcycles: '03 Bandit 1200S, '97 XR650L, '79 XS650 Tracker, '75 XS650 Standard
« Reply #5974 on: September 15, 2019, 07:34:42 PM »
I did the same about a year and a half ago.  They certainly make a difference on the bill and I haven't replaced one yet...
"Most accidents happen when the meek meet the douchebags."  -Viffergyrl
"The wider the road, the worse the food." -Coho
"Buckwheat is dead"

Online Eh2zed

• ATW V2.0
« Reply #5975 on: September 15, 2019, 08:16:58 PM »
But I’m still using the old fashioned incandescent bulbs in my shop. In winter I leave them on 24/7 and I get light and heat. Eighteen 100 watt bulbs keep the temperature above freezing. In fact even at minus 20C it hasn’t dipped below +5C.

Online Bounce

• Contributor
    • FJR-Tips
« Reply #5976 on: September 16, 2019, 09:33:35 AM »
Fun with light bulbs.

I'm of the kind that wait for a failure before doing a replacement. BUT, if I do a swap from one kind to another and the colors are whacky, then I start moving older bulbs to one fixture as they need replacement and back-filling with the newest design I have on hand (which I now know to compare color temps when buying LEDs).

Offline Baxter

• Contributor
  • I broke the internet!
« Reply #5977 on: September 16, 2019, 08:42:57 PM »
Fun with light bulbs.

I'm of the kind that wait for a failure before doing a replacement. BUT, if I do a swap from one kind to another and the colors are whacky, then I start moving older bulbs to one fixture as they need replacement and back-filling with the newest design I have on hand (which I now know to compare color temps when buying LEDs).

What a relief that it's not just me!   :beerchug:
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.  --Douglas Adams

Online Bounce

• Contributor
    • FJR-Tips
« Reply #5978 on: September 16, 2019, 08:57:37 PM »
Today I bought the first new LPs I've bought since the mid-80s. I remember them being $4.95 when I was in HS. These things are made of high grade chocolate now-a-days. $30 each! WOW!

• Contributor
  • Cookie's bitch
« Reply #5979 on: September 16, 2019, 09:58:14 PM »
The price of retro.

Online Eh2zed

• ATW V2.0
« Reply #5980 on: September 17, 2019, 09:29:26 AM »
My dad used to go to the local Supertest gas station every Saturday and put in $2.00 worth of gas. It lasted him the whole week.
What this means is: 1- I’m old and 2- If dad came back and met me at the gas station and watched me pump in $146 worth of fuel that would last me half a day, he’d have a heart attack and immediately return to the grave.

Online Cookie

• Super Moderator
  • I am bored.
« Reply #5981 on: September 17, 2019, 12:10:43 PM »
Got banned from Facebook again.
i eats paste

Online Bounce

• Contributor
    • FJR-Tips
« Reply #5982 on: September 17, 2019, 01:03:07 PM »
The price of retro.

First listen to the pristine Dark Side of the Moon remaster. WONDERFUL. Sadly I fumbled the flip to side 2 and side 1 isn't pristine any more.  :(

Offline Baxter

• Contributor
  • I broke the internet!
« Reply #5983 on: September 19, 2019, 12:24:15 PM »
The price of retro.

First listen to the pristine Dark Side of the Moon remaster. WONDERFUL. Sadly I fumbled the flip to side 2 and side 1 isn't pristine any more.  :(

Bummer!

Offline Baxter

• Contributor
  • I broke the internet!
« Reply #5984 on: September 19, 2019, 12:30:23 PM »
We took delivery today of a fully farkled split-king bed with dual motorized adjusters, a massage function, and dual remote controls.  We're at that age where a good night's sleep is getting to be more important and more elusive at the same time. 

Offline Baxter

• Contributor
  • I broke the internet!
« Reply #5985 on: September 19, 2019, 12:33:03 PM »

Should we take this to imply that you are a Russian disinformation campaign troll?

Edit: probably should have added this  :)
« Last Edit: October 13, 2019, 12:08:45 PM by Baxter »

Online viffergyrl

• Contributor
  • Hey! Wait for me.....
  • Motorcycles: 2007 Suzuki SV650
« Reply #5986 on: September 19, 2019, 01:19:45 PM »

Should we take this to imply that you are a Russian disinformation campaign troll?

Nah. Just an example of how bad Facebook's software and algorithms are.  ;)
Don't argue with an idiot; people might not know the difference. -Anonymous

Online Bounce

• Contributor
    • FJR-Tips
« Reply #5987 on: September 19, 2019, 07:20:06 PM »
Woke up at 5:30am so figured, screw it, and went ahead and got up. It let me get to the outdoor range as they opened and home before it rained though.

New scope needed re-zeroing. I'm out of the ammo it really likes and waiting for more to arrive. Tossed together bits and pieces from different makers, and "got close". Groups are good (not excellent though) and final POA/POI adjustments will be next week.

Online Skee

• Contributor
  • Motorcycles: 2019 Versys
« Reply #5988 on: September 20, 2019, 04:00:24 PM »
New carpet today in the master bedroom.  Got the trailer piled high with branches to take to the township mulcher tomorrow.

And of course the weather is perfect for riding this weekend. 
The fishermen know that the sea is dangerous and the storm terrible,
but they have never found these dangers sufficient reason for remaining ashore.   Vincent van Gogh

Offline thatguy

« Reply #5989 on: September 20, 2019, 04:48:56 PM »
Went to the library. The thing the government does best.

Online Cookie

• Super Moderator
  • I am bored.
« Reply #5990 on: September 20, 2019, 06:07:28 PM »

Taking our earnings?
i eats paste

Offline thatguy

« Reply #5991 on: September 20, 2019, 06:24:28 PM »

Taking our earnings?

Well if you have to ask...................

Online Bounce

• Contributor
    • FJR-Tips
« Reply #5992 on: September 21, 2019, 09:09:20 AM »

Taking our earnings?

TANSTAAFL

Online sleazy rider

• Contributor
    • Da Blog!
« Reply #5993 on: September 21, 2019, 09:18:15 AM »

Taking our earnings?

TANSTAAFL

Free Lazarus Long now!
--Tom

Online stevent

« Reply #5994 on: September 21, 2019, 11:24:36 AM »
I found out that using Zep mildew and stain remover and Zep tub and tile cleaner at the same time creates phosgene gas, or the home made equivalent.

It does a dandy job of cleaning the shower though. A fume and vapor proof dust mask is definitely a good idea, along with lots of ventilation.

:wow:

Online Cookie

• Super Moderator
  • I am bored.
« Reply #5995 on: September 21, 2019, 11:26:56 AM »
Went to work.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login
i eats paste

Online Bounce

• Contributor
    • FJR-Tips
« Reply #5996 on: September 22, 2019, 09:15:37 AM »
I found out that using Zep mildew and stain remover and Zep tub and tile cleaner at the same time creates phosgene gas, or the home made equivalent.

It does a dandy job of cleaning the shower though. A fume and vapor proof dust mask is definitely a good idea, along with lots of ventilation.

:wow:

As does Clorox and [something else]. Clorox and brake cleaner will create a very aggressive smoke cloud that not only can be poisonous but also can damage things in your garage. Play with it outside when there's a good breeze and stand upwind.

Online Flyer

• Motorcycles: Ducati MTS1200ST. Cycles: Masi 3V/C.Record, Colnago C50/C.Record, Kona J.T.S./105.,Kona NuNu
« Reply #5997 on: September 23, 2019, 07:30:08 PM »
I rode the ‘cross bike 50km in a good ol’ cow-floatin’, gully-washer of a rain storm with gusty 40kph winds.
Haven’t done that in a long time.
I shall be damp until the week end...
 :inlove:
"We have constructed pyramids, in honour of our escaping." - Jim Morrison
"If you pour some music on whatever is wrong, it’ll sure help out” - Levon Helm

Online stevent

« Reply #5998 on: September 24, 2019, 01:45:18 PM »
I rode the ‘cross bike 50km in a good ol’ cow-floatin’, gully-washer of a rain storm with gusty 40kph winds.
Haven’t done that in a long time.
I shall be damp until the week end...
 :inlove:

Huh, I did the same on the way home from work yesterday, however the stylish and functional fairing, power windshield, heated grips and heated seat on my (so far) trusty K 13 kept me enveloped in a cocoon of warmth and more or less dry air.

I guess that's kind of a moto thing after all...

:shrug:

Online Flyer

• Motorcycles: Ducati MTS1200ST. Cycles: Masi 3V/C.Record, Colnago C50/C.Record, Kona J.T.S./105.,Kona NuNu
« Reply #5999 on: September 24, 2019, 07:27:08 PM »
Sounds rather dry...
"We have constructed pyramids, in honour of our escaping." - Jim Morrison
"If you pour some music on whatever is wrong, it’ll sure help out” - Levon Helm