Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: What did you do today Non moto  (Read 475614 times)

radon222, sleazy rider, MrsCablebandit and 6 Guests are viewing this topic.

Online CLAY

• How did I become a moderator?
  • Motorcycles: '03 Bandit 1200S, '97 XR650L, '79 XS650 Tracker, '75 XS650 Standard
Re: What did you do today Non moto
« Reply #4950 on: August 25, 2018, 09:27:16 PM »
Sold a bunch of stuff.  Watched a video my daughter made:
https://youtu.be/Xre7bHqRMOs

She's a good kid.
"Most accidents happen when the meek meet the douchebags."  -Viffergyrl
"The wider the road, the worse the food." -Coho

Offline oilhed

• Motorcycles: 2009 K1200LT (trunkless)
« Reply #4951 on: August 25, 2018, 09:59:55 PM »
Checked out three new local breweries (one good, one o.k., one...)
The continued cleaning out my mother's basement for the consignment store

Snappy Dogs on Tuesday?

Very tempting, waiting to see when the furnace guy is coming back.
MarkF
aka OILHED
Central CT

Online chornbe

• Contributor
  • Burdened with glorious purpose.
    • The Pace Motorcycle Podcast
  • Motorcycles: The one I'm borrowing
« Reply #4952 on: August 25, 2018, 11:27:52 PM »
Spent the day exhausted and frustrated with travel coming home from the UK. Home at 12:30am. Ugh. Been up a very long time. Crashing, and if all goes well, sleeping through tomorrow.
this signature on hold pending review

Online jadziadax8

• Contributor
  • Yeah it's a girl's bike. THIS girl's bike.
  • Motorcycles: 2007 Kawasaki Ninja 650r
« Reply #4953 on: August 26, 2018, 07:47:14 AM »

She's a good kid.

Good stuff!
She's got a worm in 'er belly? That's disgusting! That's interesting, but very disgusting. 

My Other Hobby

Online sleazy rider

• Contributor
    • Da Blog!
  • Motorcycles: 1990 Suzuki DR350S
« Reply #4954 on: August 26, 2018, 04:38:20 PM »
Spent 30 minutes trying to cleanse the malware off the wife’s windows 10 laptop.  Handed it back to her, said back up your important files.  Handed back to me and I hit reset system.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login
--Tom

Online R Doug

• Contributor
  • Where there is Danger, there is Doug
« Reply #4955 on: August 26, 2018, 06:24:49 PM »

She's a good kid.

She did a great job on the video.  :popcorn:
Only motorcycle riders know why a dog sticks its head out of a car window.

Online CLAY

• Motorcycles: '03 Bandit 1200S, '97 XR650L, '79 XS650 Tracker, '75 XS650 Standard
« Reply #4956 on: August 26, 2018, 06:40:32 PM »
Eeeked out every last minute of summer break.  School starts tomorrow:

Offline PatM

• Contributor
  • Motorcycles: 2016 BMW R1200RT
« Reply #4957 on: August 26, 2018, 08:14:19 PM »
I got a new cell phone. My old one crapped out last week while travelling.
Ride safe!

Offline oilhed

« Reply #4958 on: August 26, 2018, 08:37:44 PM »
Eeeked out every last minute of summer break.  School starts tomorrow:

Wife is already back.  I got two more days off.  Already have a Honey do...
MarkF
aka OILHED
Central CT

Offline Andrew

• Contributor
  • Motorcycles: Got a Few
« Reply #4959 on: August 26, 2018, 09:45:51 PM »
Yesterday I spent the day fixing my neighbors daughter's jeep.
  We sealed up a few leaking hoses, got the belts, pulleys aligned and fixed the exhaust.   
    Not sure who had been at this poor little 4x4 but they should be shot (no blindfold please) Frigin dolts screwed up the mounting of the A/C compressor so bad it had busted off a mounting tab. Took a few hours and two trips to the local Ace HW for nuts and bolts. A/C is straight now and alternator fits in AOK belts lineup and no more squealing.
  Next was replacing the blown out/rusted out muffler. A bit of work with the "saws all" and a couple passes with the MIG and a few new exhaust hangers and the little black 4X4 is nice and quiet, no rubbing and no banging.
  Next job is to replace the cracked exhaust manifold, but that will come in a week or so we ran out of time for the day. and she is very happy with the jeep
  Nice kid, she just finished college and does not have a pair of dimes to rub together, so I took pity in her and offered to lend a hand.

Today I replaced the rotors, pads and rebuilt the calipers on my old dodge 2500 diesel. Looks like I'll be doing the ball joints shortly, can't believe the alignment shop was soooo lame not to see the excess play after 2 returns trying to get them to stop the truck from pulling. O well that is another day.
Freedom without regulations that protect the general good is nothing less than anarchy by the rich.

Online HipGnosis

• It's Hip, ya know
  • Motorcycles: F800ST(low), VStar 950, Ninja 650
« Reply #4960 on: August 27, 2018, 08:35:00 AM »
Semi-non-moto, as I rode to it; I went to a horse pull.

Teams of draft horses, pulling a 'sled' the size of a big door that is loaded with concrete blocks.
3 guys walk the horses harnessed to a draw-bar to the sled; relatively casual.   The draw-bar has a large metal hook that is dropped onto the end of the sled.
The second the horses hear the draw-bar and sled connect they pull with everything they've got.  You could hear and feel their hoofs pounding the ground.
The announcer reminded the spectators a few times to be quiet when they were connecting as the horses are so eager at that point.  I could see that things could go wrong pretty easily (and quickly).

But there was quite a bit of time between each pull.  5 guys walked around deciding where to move the sled to for the next pull.  Then they'd wave the tractor to come move the sled.  After the tractor was back off to the side of the field, they'd wave the next horse team to come out..

They worked up to over 3.75 tons on the sled.

It put a fresh impression on the term 'horsepower'.
Life is made up of moments, small pieces of glittering mica in a long stretch of gray cement. We have to teach ourselves how to make room for them, to love them, and to live, really live. - Anna Quindlen

Online Bounce

• Contributor
    • FJR-Tips
  • Motorcycles: Yes
« Reply #4961 on: August 27, 2018, 09:54:49 AM »
8 hours on the scope yesterday. Got my mil-dot on.

Everything dialed in. Need to collate my notes. Work but fun work. Got sorta warm toward the end (97° & 50% rh). Got some steps in today but also saved some steps thanks to the scope. 6.5x20x50 vortex viper.

Once zeroed everything else was learning the scope and trying to get group sizes down. Best so far was federal match bthp @ 168gr at a half MOA but I think that's me; not the gear.

Worst was some hand loads bought at the gun show. 168gr bthp. About 1/3rd failed to chamber (too long). 3 hang fires before I set them aside. Donated them to the range who will recycle them. Sad, given was more than half of what I bought.

Remington Model 700
.308 5-rt 20" bbl.
CDI bottom metal for box mags.
HS Precision stock.
1:11 twist.

Offline Leanintree

• Yay Motorcycles!
  • Motorcycles: yes
« Reply #4962 on: August 27, 2018, 04:04:03 PM »
In the continuing saga of 'Have Nail Gun, Will Travel', The Mrs. and I spent some time ensuring that good fences make good neighbors.

Last springs winds revealed a few (known) issues with the adjoining privacy fence... Per another long term neighbor, the fence was installed around 1976, so I'd say it was worth it.

Plans hatched with the neighbors leading in to June for replacement, and they were planning full replacement on the rest of their lot as well. Great. Only problem was timing. They began on their own pieces in June (one weekend for West side), and took until a week ago to do the second leg (North side).

In June, that's where their youth became apparent. instead of traditional methods, they started setting posts with the following critter:

Number one, at $25 a crack, that's not cost effective. Number 2, those things are for repair, not a full run of fencing. But they are easy, and don't need post holes, nor concrete, nor sweat... and they are totally inadequate. In June, I checked their progress and asked questions, and brand new posts were 6" wobbly minutes after driving. I brought up to them that we would rather go with traditional methods off auger and concrete on our adjoining fence, and we'd be happy to do the tough part.

SO... short story long, Have Nail Gun Will Travel turned into LT menacing the wife for photo ops

and resulted in this:

I'm a little tired at work today.
LT
Great googly-moogly!

Offline Leanintree

• Yay Motorcycles!
« Reply #4963 on: August 27, 2018, 04:07:14 PM »
Oh and since this one is cool, the new gate on the other side of the house:

And behold what Pinterest has obviously pushed on my wife as a goal for LT to work towards...

But since wrought iron isn't cheap, nor easily available, and I happen to work in a metal shop with a million dollar laser (or 2), lets see if LT can design something a bit more unique to cut and inset...

I'll share when complete...
LT
Great googly-moogly!

Online Vulcanbill

• Contributor
  • no thank you ... still
  • Motorcycles: XT250
« Reply #4964 on: August 27, 2018, 04:28:23 PM »
Man....  we're in the middle of fence dilemma.  Big project.  We need a fence, bad.  I don't know if I'm the guy for the job.  I don't know if I have enough money for the guy who IS the guy for the job.  Neighbors just had new fencing done and it's amazing.  I suspect once we get a quote, I will become the man for the job.  :(
If a person's primary concern is increasing freedom, they should prepare for a reduction in average lifespan.  ---  Misanthropist

If you say "Gullible" real slow, it sounds like "Orange"

Offline Leanintree

• Yay Motorcycles!
« Reply #4965 on: August 27, 2018, 04:34:11 PM »
As much as I hate it sometimes, it's gratifying when done. Of course, nowdays, I'm willing to spend the $$$ on the big one man auger rental, and more on the quick set concrete so waiting 24hrs isnt an issue (hell, we cold have put up the stringers an hour after we finished setting posts if we had wanted to).  I'm willing to spend more for convenience, but not if it compromises strength. Forecast says 40-60MPH winds this evening... i'm gonna film if the neighbors slip-shod fence starts dancing. Mine won't.
LT
Great googly-moogly!

Online squeezer

• Contributor
  • squirrelly geezer
  • Motorcycles: 16 Tiger Xr(x)
« Reply #4966 on: August 27, 2018, 05:13:52 PM »
Spent a couple hundred bucks on textbooks for one of our students who is supporting herself and her mom who is out of work battling cancer. They don't pay me enough to do that so I can't tell the story around here and end up with a dozen other students needing help. But, damn, when your students have a choice between groceries and books, you've gotta find a way to help.
A man with no sig

Online Virginian

• Contributor
  • Motorcycles: '19 Husqvarna Svartpilen 401, '14 Vespa 946 Bellissma, '14 HD Wide Glide
« Reply #4967 on: August 27, 2018, 06:55:39 PM »
Spent a couple hundred bucks on textbooks for one of our students who is supporting herself and her mom who is out of work battling cancer. They don't pay me enough to do that so I can't tell the story around here and end up with a dozen other students needing help. But, damn, when your students have a choice between groceries and books, you've gotta find a way to help.

Respect!  8)
Show up on time, do your best and don't grumble about the outcome.

Online R Doug

• Contributor
  • Where there is Danger, there is Doug
« Reply #4968 on: August 27, 2018, 07:03:20 PM »

:hail:

You're good people, Ed. 
Only motorcycle riders know why a dog sticks its head out of a car window.

Offline PatM

• Contributor
« Reply #4969 on: August 27, 2018, 07:31:06 PM »
Sent my Cardo Scala SmartPack to Cardo for replacement.
The USB port came loose and I couldn't recharge it.
They're replacing it on warranty.

I'm seriously thinking of going to Sena, and sell the SmartPacks.
With the last software upgrade it was supposed to be able to connect via BT to non Cardo devices.
Not only doesn't it work, I can't connect BT to my wife's SmartPack either. It does connect through DMC mesh.
Hope the replacement devices fixes it.
Ride safe!

Online chornbe

• Contributor
« Reply #4970 on: August 27, 2018, 07:52:39 PM »

With the last software upgrade it was supposed to be able to connect via BT to non Cardo devices.
Not only doesn't it work, I can't connect BT to my wife's SmartPack either. It does connect through DMC mesh.

That's funny. I'm actively shopping things OTHER than Sena. Two main reasons:

1) Have to pretty much buy the top of the line unit only (30-J[?]) to get multi/mesh intercom with basically no backward usefulness with the SMH-10, and
2) my unit melted after about 30-40 minutes of charging on THEIR charger and then they basically told me to piss off.

Lesser reason:
iii) their firmware update is pretty much the least intuitive and real-world-useful system born unto man and machine. You have to turn off all bluetooth for like a 28 mile radius, plug in a USB keyboard and mouse, and hope it works. :(

Offline PatM

• Contributor
« Reply #4971 on: August 27, 2018, 08:17:38 PM »

1) Have to pretty much buy the top of the line unit only (30-J[?]) to get multi/mesh intercom with basically no backward usefulness with the SMH-10, and
2) my unit melted after about 30-40 minutes of charging on THEIR charger and then they basically told me to piss off.

Lesser reason:
iii) their firmware update is pretty much the least intuitive and real-world-useful system born unto man and machine. You have to turn off all bluetooth for like a 28 mile radius, plug in a USB keyboard and mouse, and hope it works. :(

Okay, so shop for cheap Chinese comm devices?  :headscratch:

I've been a Cardo user for years. Previous devices have been mostly bullet proof, easy to upgrade but awkward to use.
The recent devices are 100 times easier to use, can be configured with a cell phone app but they're a lot less resistant.

It's true that only the top of the line Sena 30K have mesh but they make it easy to use and connect. The same with the Cardo in mesh mode.
Ride safe!

Offline I'm NOT Carl

• Weirdo Freak
  • Motorcycles: 2013 Kawasaki Concours, 2002 Suzuki Hayabusa, 1989 Honda Transalp
« Reply #4972 on: August 27, 2018, 09:13:22 PM »

Lesser reason:

Okay, so shop for cheap Chinese comm devices?  :headscratch:

I've been a Cardo user for years. Previous devices have been mostly bullet proof, easy to upgrade but awkward to use.
The recent devices are 100 times easier to use, can be configured with a cell phone app but they're a lot less resistant.

It's true that only the top of the line Sena 30K have mesh but they make it easy to use and connect. The same with the Cardo in mesh mode.

I bought the Sena 10S dual for our ride last week. It seemed to work fine for Jeanne as she could hear me and the music. Me being in the wind, not so much. I could hear music and Jeanne clearly at lower speeds (around 60) but much beyond that and music was out. I could hear and make out most of what Jeanne said at higher speeds with the occasional "SPELL THAT!" to understand a few words.

Carl
 No matter where you go, there you are.

Offline oilhed

« Reply #4973 on: August 28, 2018, 07:46:56 AM »
I really dont wanna talk to or listen to other riders when I'm riding.  I'd like a nice BT in helmet just to hear music and my phone ring.  I'll call back later!
MarkF
aka OILHED
Central CT

Online chornbe

• Contributor
« Reply #4974 on: August 28, 2018, 08:05:57 AM »
I really dont wanna talk to or listen to other riders when I'm riding.  I'd like a nice BT in helmet just to hear music and my phone ring.  I'll call back later!

For that, I use in-ear plug-style ear phones. Especially now that my Sena fried and I'm incommunicado anyway.

Online sleazy rider

• Contributor
    • Da Blog!
« Reply #4975 on: August 28, 2018, 09:02:52 AM »
Drove the 20 minutes to our local DMV office to renew bike plates and my license.  As I pulled up, I knew it was bad.  There were people milling around outside!  The place was full with nearly 60 customers waiting, a good 4 hour wait at that point.  I turned around, tossed my ticket in the can on the way out and left.

As I was walking thru the parking lot, I found Bob was here too.

--Tom

Offline rgbeard

• Motorcycles: '01 Triumph Trophy 1200, '01 Triumph Speed Triple, '03 GSXR 1000
« Reply #4976 on: August 28, 2018, 10:19:56 AM »
Flew from Mesa, AZ to Winslow, AZ to bring home six large boxes of blood donations.

The neighbor at my workplace came along.  It was so much fun to share the 2 hours of flying with him. 

The flight up was in the late afternoon and the flight home was dusk/night. 

Juan got some killer photos, and enjoyed helping schlep boxes around!
IBA: 63413

Online chornbe

• Contributor
« Reply #4977 on: August 28, 2018, 10:51:14 AM »
Flew from Mesa, AZ to Winslow, AZ to bring home six large boxes of blood donations.

Was there a girl, my lord, in a flat bed ford? Did she slow down to take a look at you?

DID YOU TAKE IT EASY, RUSTY?

Online Virginian

• Contributor
  • Motorcycles: '19 Husqvarna Svartpilen 401, '14 Vespa 946 Bellissma, '14 HD Wide Glide
« Reply #4978 on: August 28, 2018, 11:33:06 AM »
Drove the 20 minutes to our local DMV office to renew bike plates and my license.  As I pulled up, I knew it was bad.  There were people milling around outside!  The place was full with nearly 60 customers waiting, a good 4 hour wait at that point.  I turned around, tossed my ticket in the can on the way out and left.

That can't be him is it?
Show up on time, do your best and don't grumble about the outcome.

Online chornbe

• Contributor
« Reply #4979 on: August 28, 2018, 12:06:34 PM »

That can't be him is it?

Well, going to the DMV is a *kind* of shopping, when you think about it, so.........

Online sleazy rider

• Contributor
    • Da Blog!
« Reply #4980 on: August 28, 2018, 12:07:05 PM »

That can't be him is it?

I'm waiting on his ride report for verification.   :popcorn:
--Tom

Online squeezer

• Contributor
  • squirrelly geezer
  • Motorcycles: 16 Tiger Xr(x)
« Reply #4981 on: August 28, 2018, 01:03:19 PM »
^^^
Out. Way out.
A man with no sig

Online CLAY

« Reply #4982 on: August 28, 2018, 05:47:06 PM »

You know you can get in virtual line online now?  I had to do a boat registration- I got in lone on their website and it told me when I was getting close.  I showed up 10 minutes before, waited about 6, got up, did my thing, and left.  Several people were asking how I did that.  I think it's pretty new- my daughter told me about it.  WAY sweet.

Online Cookie

• Contributor
  • Definitely not wearing pants.
« Reply #4983 on: August 28, 2018, 07:41:24 PM »
narcissistic d-bag, you.

Online coho

• Contributor
  • Probably not wearing pants.
  • Motorcycles: R1100RT (Gentleman's Express) - StFU200 (The Dumbbike) - Guzzi V7II (Tiny Musclecar)
« Reply #4984 on: August 28, 2018, 08:36:01 PM »
Sport-Tractoring OH!
If it weren't for the therapeutic properties of the occasional off-camber decreasing radius downhill right-hander I'd almost certainly go completely sane.

Nun sacciu, nun vidi, nun ceru e si ceru durmiv.

Offline rgbeard

• Motorcycles: '01 Triumph Trophy 1200, '01 Triumph Speed Triple, '03 GSXR 1000
« Reply #4985 on: August 28, 2018, 09:10:29 PM »

Was there a girl, my lord, in a flat bed ford? Did she slow down to take a look at you?

DID YOU TAKE IT EASY, RUSTY?

Of course!!! You know it.
IBA: 63413

Online chornbe

• Contributor
« Reply #4986 on: August 29, 2018, 06:31:38 AM »
I desperately need time with a log splitter.

Online Bounce

• Contributor
    • FJR-Tips
« Reply #4987 on: August 29, 2018, 09:12:23 AM »

You know you can get in virtual line online now?  I had to do a boat registration- I got in lone on their website and it told me when I was getting close.  I showed up 10 minutes before, waited about 6, got up, did my thing, and left.  Several people were asking how I did that.  I think it's pretty new- my daughter told me about it.  WAY sweet.

Or move here, get a government job, and get access to a special DMV office.

https://www.wral.com/news/state/nccapitol/video/17802498/

Online MrsCablebandit

• Purveyor of Cookies.org
    • Pineapple Ponderings
  • Motorcycles: '10 C14 Passenger
« Reply #4988 on: August 29, 2018, 11:46:54 AM »
Went to the public library today at lunch to pick up a few travel guides for FL and CO for upcoming vacations, two nonfiction hiking/adventure books for CB, and a super smutty novel for me. After all the leadership books I read for work, I need some absolute garbage to pollute my mind this holiday weekend!
I used to make a bigger impression.

http://pineappleponderings.blogspot.com/ - Ride reports and other musings.

Online Vulcanbill

• Contributor
  • no thank you ... still
  • Motorcycles: XT250
« Reply #4989 on: August 29, 2018, 01:13:51 PM »
Went to the public library today at lunch to pick up a few travel guides for FL and CO for upcoming vacations, two nonfiction hiking/adventure books for CB, and a super smutty novel for me. After all the leadership books I read for work, I need some absolute garbage to pollute my mind this holiday weekend!

Anytime you guys want to spend some quality time in the mountains, I can hook you up with a FREE(ish) vacation in a really nice, new, 25' long place.  I would just need a day or two of expert operator time from CB as a donation.   ;D
If a person's primary concern is increasing freedom, they should prepare for a reduction in average lifespan.  ---  Misanthropist

If you say "Gullible" real slow, it sounds like "Orange"

Online Bounce

• Contributor
    • FJR-Tips
« Reply #4990 on: August 30, 2018, 10:28:25 AM »
Went to the library to donate a years worth of Motorcycle Consumer News issues. They no longer accept magazines. WTF?

Offline I'm NOT Carl

• Weirdo Freak
  • Motorcycles: 2013 Kawasaki Concours, 2002 Suzuki Hayabusa, 1989 Honda Transalp
« Reply #4991 on: August 30, 2018, 10:52:40 AM »
Went to the library to donate a years worth of Motorcycle Consumer News issues. They no longer accept magazines. WTF?

Yea, ours hasn't for years. I tried to drop off a slew of magazines when we moved last year and they said, "nope". So to the landfill most of them went (clay based, slick magazines aren't recyclable where MCN is).

Carl

Online chornbe

• Contributor
« Reply #4992 on: August 30, 2018, 11:55:03 AM »
FIRE!

Online CLAY

« Reply #4993 on: August 30, 2018, 08:31:34 PM »

Yea, ours hasn't for years. I tried to drop off a slew of magazines when we moved last year and they said, "nope". So to the landfill most of them went (clay based, slick magazines aren't recyclable where MCN is).

Carl

IU get ut, but landfills never recycle.  Sme day dudes will be making miullions mining old kandfills.  My prediction.

Online Cookie

• Contributor
  • Definitely not wearing pants.
« Reply #4994 on: August 31, 2018, 03:28:08 AM »

Carl

IU get ut, but landfills never recycle.  Sme day dudes will be making miullions mining old kandfills.  My prediction.

Quoted for drunkenness!
narcissistic d-bag, you.

Online Bounce

• Contributor
    • FJR-Tips
« Reply #4995 on: August 31, 2018, 09:24:28 AM »

Carl

I ranted to the administrator of Mom's assisted living facility. She explained they LOVE magazines and those they can't use and then donated to a teacher to use in her class. Since MCNews covers design, engineering, and safety, it seems to be a perfect fit.

I highly recommend that you stop at a nearby senior center or other such like above and ask.

Offline I'm NOT Carl

• Weirdo Freak
« Reply #4996 on: August 31, 2018, 09:27:26 AM »

Carl

I ranted to the administrator of Mom's assisted living facility. She explained they LOVE magazines and those they can't use and then donated to a teacher to use in her class. Since MCNews covers design, engineering, and safety, it seems to be a perfect fit.

I highly recommend that you stop at a nearby senior center or other such like above and ask.

Hmm. In the past I've dropped off handfuls of magazines at the local vet waiting rooms. With my relatively recent bad experience, and loss of a cat due to it, I'd forgotten I'd done that. Plus with moving at the time, that totally escaped my mind. I'll have to remember it in the future.

Carl

Offline oilhed

« Reply #4997 on: August 31, 2018, 10:31:16 AM »
Hmm. In the past I've dropped off handfuls of magazines at the local vet waiting rooms.
I visited my mom, in a memory care unit.
While we visited another resident who is non-vocal sat at the table looking at a Rider Mag.
All I could think was motorcycles had some memory for him, I hope.
MarkF
aka OILHED
Central CT

Online sleazy rider

• Contributor
    • Da Blog!
« Reply #4998 on: August 31, 2018, 01:23:30 PM »
Fired up the burn ring and cleared most of the downed branch pile.  Pretty much the first day this summer I could tolerate being near an open fire.  To say it's been a warm summer would be an understatement. 
--Tom

Online MrsCablebandit

• Purveyor of Cookies.org
    • Pineapple Ponderings
  • Motorcycles: '10 C14 Passenger
« Reply #4999 on: August 31, 2018, 02:10:05 PM »
Had lunch with my senior student and he was telling me all about his summer internship. While at lunch, his phone rang and he realized it was that company. He's put in three applications for FT employment following graduation in May 2019. He took the call outside while I waited.

When he came back in, he was grinning from ear to ear - he got an offer! He has two weeks to respond and with any luck he'll hear about the other two positions in that time. But if not, he's going to take it. It's more of what he was doing this summer and from what he told me (very enthusiastically, I might add) he thoroughly enjoyed it! I am so proud of him!!!

He's self-proclaimed "city boy" from Philadelphia studying agri-business/supply chain management who worked in the Midwest this summer and LOVED every minute of it. I joked that maybe we should have lunch two more times next week with the hope that the other two offers might come in during those lunch dates, LOL!

CAN YOU IMAGINE being a college senior with nearly the entire school year ahead of you still (we're just wrapping up the second week of the semester here today) and already having your dream company offer you a job?!? I was happy to have an offer in place two months prior to graduation twenty years ago! He's virtually got it locked up nine months in advance.

Kids these days... :gerg:

I used to make a bigger impression.

http://pineappleponderings.blogspot.com/ - Ride reports and other musings.