Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: What did you do today Non moto  (Read 404644 times)

CLAY, rgbeard, radon222 and 9 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline Bounce

• Contributor
    • FJR-Tips
  • Motorcycles: Yes
Re: What did you do today Non moto
« Reply #4995 on: August 31, 2018, 09:24:28 AM »
Went to the library to donate a years worth of Motorcycle Consumer News issues. They no longer accept magazines. WTF?

Yea, ours hasn't for years. I tried to drop off a slew of magazines when we moved last year and they said, "nope". So to the landfill most of them went (clay based, slick magazines aren't recyclable where MCN is).

Carl

I ranted to the administrator of Mom's assisted living facility. She explained they LOVE magazines and those they can't use and then donated to a teacher to use in her class. Since MCNews covers design, engineering, and safety, it seems to be a perfect fit.

I highly recommend that you stop at a nearby senior center or other such like above and ask.

Online I'm NOT Carl

• Weirdo Freak
  • Motorcycles: 2013 Kawasaki Concours, 2002 Suzuki Hayabusa, 1989 Honda Transalp
« Reply #4996 on: August 31, 2018, 09:27:26 AM »
Went to the library to donate a years worth of Motorcycle Consumer News issues. They no longer accept magazines. WTF?

Yea, ours hasn't for years. I tried to drop off a slew of magazines when we moved last year and they said, "nope". So to the landfill most of them went (clay based, slick magazines aren't recyclable where MCN is).

Carl

I ranted to the administrator of Mom's assisted living facility. She explained they LOVE magazines and those they can't use and then donated to a teacher to use in her class. Since MCNews covers design, engineering, and safety, it seems to be a perfect fit.

I highly recommend that you stop at a nearby senior center or other such like above and ask.

Hmm. In the past I've dropped off handfuls of magazines at the local vet waiting rooms. With my relatively recent bad experience, and loss of a cat due to it, I'd forgotten I'd done that. Plus with moving at the time, that totally escaped my mind. I'll have to remember it in the future.

Carl
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 No matter where you go, there you are.

Offline oilhed

• Motorcycles: 2009 K1200LT (trunkless)
« Reply #4997 on: August 31, 2018, 10:31:16 AM »
Hmm. In the past I've dropped off handfuls of magazines at the local vet waiting rooms.
I visited my mom, in a memory care unit.
While we visited another resident who is non-vocal sat at the table looking at a Rider Mag.
All I could think was motorcycles had some memory for him, I hope.
MarkF
aka OILHED
Central CT

Online sleazy rider

• Contributor
    • Da Blog!
  • Motorcycles: 2006 Honda ST1300
« Reply #4998 on: August 31, 2018, 01:23:30 PM »
Fired up the burn ring and cleared most of the downed branch pile.  Pretty much the first day this summer I could tolerate being near an open fire.  To say it's been a warm summer would be an understatement. 
--Tom

Offline MrsCablebandit

• Purveyor of Cookies.org
    • Pineapple Ponderings
  • Motorcycles: '10 C14 Passenger
« Reply #4999 on: August 31, 2018, 02:10:05 PM »
Had lunch with my senior student and he was telling me all about his summer internship. While at lunch, his phone rang and he realized it was that company. He's put in three applications for FT employment following graduation in May 2019. He took the call outside while I waited.

When he came back in, he was grinning from ear to ear - he got an offer! He has two weeks to respond and with any luck he'll hear about the other two positions in that time. But if not, he's going to take it. It's more of what he was doing this summer and from what he told me (very enthusiastically, I might add) he thoroughly enjoyed it! I am so proud of him!!!

He's self-proclaimed "city boy" from Philadelphia studying agri-business/supply chain management who worked in the Midwest this summer and LOVED every minute of it. I joked that maybe we should have lunch two more times next week with the hope that the other two offers might come in during those lunch dates, LOL!

CAN YOU IMAGINE being a college senior with nearly the entire school year ahead of you still (we're just wrapping up the second week of the semester here today) and already having your dream company offer you a job?!? I was happy to have an offer in place two months prior to graduation twenty years ago! He's virtually got it locked up nine months in advance.

Kids these days... :gerg:

I used to make a bigger impression.

http://pineappleponderings.blogspot.com/ - Ride reports and other musings.

Online Papa Lazarou

• Contributor
  • Freezing worms makes them easier to sharpen
  • Motorcycles: Moto Guzzi Griso 1200SE Diablo Rosso
« Reply #5000 on: August 31, 2018, 03:11:00 PM »
that was something to lift the spirit-thanks.

tomorrow, I drive to Liverpool to get rid of the youngest to train as a teacher.
Putting the laughter back into manslaughter

Online Vulcanbill

• Contributor
  • no thank you ... still
  • Motorcycles: XT250
« Reply #5001 on: August 31, 2018, 05:36:50 PM »
Mostly not moto...sort of.

Motorcycle ramp redneck style. I guess ramp is a misnomer but it will certainly be easier than that trifold aluminum thing at all sorts of horrendous angles.  Harder than I expected. Instead of the 650, we got the 450 skidsteer. Whatever. I made it work.  I still have 30+ hours to burn this weekend. This is how we spend our 22nd anniversary.
If a person's primary concern is increasing freedom, they should prepare for a reduction in average lifespan.  ---  Misanthropist

If you say "Gullible" real slow, it sounds like "Orange"

Online Vulcanbill

• Contributor
  • no thank you ... still
  • Motorcycles: XT250
« Reply #5002 on: August 31, 2018, 05:39:09 PM »
Pic would help i guess.
If a person's primary concern is increasing freedom, they should prepare for a reduction in average lifespan.  ---  Misanthropist

If you say "Gullible" real slow, it sounds like "Orange"

Offline mr.awesome

• Motorcycles: 04 Triumph Sprint ST, 03 Kawazuki KLX400SR
« Reply #5003 on: August 31, 2018, 08:10:49 PM »
Aura and I went over to the west side of the state to Saugatuck and enjoyed the beach on lake MI. Dinner and drinks in town. Beautiful day!

Online CLAY

• How did I become a moderator?
  • Motorcycles: '03 Bandit 1200S, '97 XR650L, '79 XS650 Tracker, '75 XS650 Standard
« Reply #5004 on: August 31, 2018, 09:44:50 PM »
Ha!  We (myself, my brother, and his son) were about 10 miles north of you.  We started in Lake Mac in then headed out to Lake Michigan to try for kings.  No luck, but a gorgeous day on the lake!

"Most accidents happen when the meek meet the douchebags."  -Viffergyrl
"The wider the road, the worse the food." -Coho

Offline Leanintree

• Yay Motorcycles!
  • Motorcycles: yes
« Reply #5005 on: September 01, 2018, 09:05:28 AM »
New gate complete. the Force is still strong with this one... Now to move and fill the woodpile behind it. (This means no more fencing pics from Leanintree)

LT
Great googly-moogly!

Online Skee

• Contributor
  • Motorcycles: '08 Wee & an overweight Connie
« Reply #5006 on: September 01, 2018, 09:12:40 AM »
The fishermen know that the sea is dangerous and the storm terrible,
but they have never found these dangers sufficient reason for remaining ashore.   Vincent van Gogh

Online Andrew

• Contributor
  • Motorcycles: Got a Few
« Reply #5007 on: September 01, 2018, 10:01:49 PM »
New gate complete. the Force is still strong with this one... Now to move and fill the woodpile behind it. (This means no more fencing pics from Leanintree)

LT

Very Slick, nicely done  :clap: :clap:
Freedom without regulations that protect the general good is nothing less than anarchy by the rich.

Offline Bounce

• Contributor
    • FJR-Tips
  • Motorcycles: Yes
« Reply #5008 on: September 06, 2018, 07:30:22 AM »
Ack! Cataracts!

Things are going very quickly. Eye exam last week. Ophthalmologist testing yesterday. Measurements today. Physical and blood work at physician Friday. First surgery Tuesday. Follow up Wednesday and 2 weeks later. Then we do the other eye.

Online chornbe

• Contributor
  • Burdened with glorious purpose.
    • The Pace Motorcycle Podcast
  • Motorcycles: The one I'm borrowing
« Reply #5009 on: September 06, 2018, 08:29:36 AM »
Today I’m sitting in the ER.

You what it always is...? Something. That’s what it always is.
this signature on hold pending review