Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: What did you do today Non moto  (Read 700256 times)

Offline Cookie

• Super Moderator
  • Tacos are life.
  • Motorcycles: '16 MG Audace, '10 Ural T, '19 Ural Gear Up and from out of nowhere, the surprise '06 KLR 650!
Re: What did you do today Non moto
« Reply #450 on: August 17, 2015, 05:25:39 PM »
Spent the day in bed. Fracking summer cold.

I was planning a day tip to the beach tomorrow on the bike.

We'll see.
“Government is the Entertainment division of the military-industrial complex.”

― Frank Zappa

Offline mxvet57

• Contributor
  • Loud horns save lives
  • Motorcycles: 04 FJR, 06 Speed triple, 88 EX500, 05 YZ250, 91 KX500
« Reply #451 on: August 17, 2015, 05:26:08 PM »
Fingerprinted?? 

(one finger as I recall)

Police record?   
At the risk of encouraging him, I agree with Cookie.   "Bomber"

Every day is my birthday

Offline CLAY

• Super Moderator
  • Help me Mr. Wizard!!!
  • Motorcycles: '03 Bandit 1200S, '97 XR650L, '79 XS650 Tracker, '75 XS650 Standard
« Reply #452 on: August 17, 2015, 05:29:45 PM »
Cut a whole bunch of bracnhes/flowers/stuff at my dad's farm.  He raises cut flowers for florsists in West MI.  Looks like tomorrow I'll be taking a 3 hour (one way) ride in a caravan of vehicles to deliver some flowers from the farm to Glen Arbor, MI.  Some HUGE wedding.  Big renough the florist had to sign a non-disclosure before they even bid the job.

I mean on our end the flower bill will top 8K.  The florist will minimally double that on cost- then add in desiugn and setup.

I'm guessing the wedding is at "The Homestead" resort: http://www.thehomesteadresort.com/.  They have a resort on top of the ski hill overlooking Lake Michigan.   The florist  rented an entire school and sebveral reefer semi's for flower storage and preparation.  Be aware our portion is but a small amount of the florist work.

I don't know who is getting married, but I'm betting it's going to be spectacular.  There's famous people up there, and just plain rich people.  It will be iunteresting to see if we can figure out who it is.  No matter who, it's good for the local economies!
"Most accidents happen when the meek meet the douchebags."  -Viffergyrl
"The wider the road, the worse the food." -Coho
Let's do some science.

Offline Jim

• Contributor
« Reply #453 on: August 17, 2015, 05:33:19 PM »
Fingerprinted?? 

(one finger as I recall)
Police record?   

dunno why. When I received my license they wanted one finger (left thumb???) to be electronically captured.
sodapop6620: You are never lost as long as you have gas.  Mrs. DantesDame: Side roads lead to interesting discoveries

Offline Scratch

• Contributor
« Reply #454 on: August 17, 2015, 05:34:37 PM »
Fingerprinted?? 

(one finger as I recall)

Ah yes, fingerprint me they did indeed. 

Funniest part was when the woman behind the counter looked at her computer and said "Well I see you have a speeding ticket"

I went  :confused: and she replied "Yep.  Arapahoe County, in 1996." 

Okay um, yeah - that would've been during my cross-country ride on my K1100LT.  Went to pass a semi on a long straight middleofnowhere stretch and failed to check my six first.  Geez, do they never purge records here?  :shrug:

Online Papa Lazarou

• Contributor
  • For further information, please re-read.
  • Motorcycles: Moto Guzzi Griso 1200SE Diablo Rosso
« Reply #455 on: August 18, 2015, 02:20:53 AM »
Fingerprinted?? 

(one finger as I recall)

Ah yes, fingerprint me they did indeed. 

Funniest part was when the woman behind the counter looked at her computer and said "Well I see you have a speeding ticket"

I went  :confused: and she replied "Yep.  Arapahoe County, in 1996." 

Okay um, yeah - that would've been during my cross-country ride on my K1100LT.  Went to pass a semi on a long straight middleofnowhere stretch and failed to check my six first.  Geez, do they never purge records here?  :shrug:

It is possible to get criminal records for much of the world from the US-for a fee.
Putting the laughter back into manslaughter

Offline mxvet57

• Contributor
  • Loud horns save lives
« Reply #456 on: August 18, 2015, 07:48:17 PM »
Friend called that his AC was out. It was 86° inside and 79° outside.

Pulled off the cover and pushed the contactor on the compressor and it started up so that was good. Next was the thermostat. Found nothing wrong there so it was down to the basement. After checking for power on the blower and transformer (24v) and they were good. I pulled the covers off and found a small internal circuit breaker. Problem solved. Don't know what caused it to trip but it's running.

Every day is my birthday

Offline CLAY

• Super Moderator
  • Help me Mr. Wizard!!!
  • Motorcycles: '03 Bandit 1200S, '97 XR650L, '79 XS650 Tracker, '75 XS650 Standard
« Reply #457 on: August 18, 2015, 09:01:16 PM »
Cut a whole bunch of bracnhes/flowers/stuff at my dad's farm.  He raises cut flowers for florsists in West MI.  Looks like tomorrow I'll be taking a 3 hour (one way) ride in a caravan of vehicles to deliver some flowers from the farm to Glen Arbor, MI.  Some HUGE wedding.  Big renough the florist had to sign a non-disclosure before they even bid the job.

I mean on our end the flower bill will top 8K.  The florist will minimally double that on cost- then add in desiugn and setup.

I'm guessing the wedding is at "The Homestead" resort: http://www.thehomesteadresort.com/.  They have a resort on top of the ski hill overlooking Lake Michigan.   The florist  rented an entire school and sebveral reefer semi's for flower storage and preparation.  Be aware our portion is but a small amount of the florist work.

I don't know who is getting married, but I'm betting it's going to be spectacular.  There's famous people up there, and just plain rich people.  It will be iunteresting to see if we can figure out who it is.  No matter who, it's good for the local economies!

Delivered the flowers today, just got home.  Still don't know who it was for, but the total florist bill, flowers, labor, and all decorations, will top $250,000- several events surrounding the wedding that will be Weds-Thurs-Fri-Sat.  Crazy, but GREAT for our local economy.  Turns out they had rented the entire Leelanau School, a high-end boarding school.  The place is sweet- it reminded me of Hogwarts in many ways (they had "houses"). 
Let's do some science.

Offline Black Hills

• Motorcycles: KTM 1290 Adventure R, KTM300xcw, 1290 SuperDuke
« Reply #458 on: August 19, 2015, 08:33:02 AM »
not toady, but Sunday, Sat on the deck and watched the thunderbirds performance at the Dakota Thunder air show. That would be a great job. Also realized I need to use a camera instead of my phone.  :-[

visitors can't see pics , please register or login
the above are merely the ramblings of a hamfisted fuckwit who has broken too many helmets.

Offline 2RR2NV

• if you gotta go, go with a smile!!
  • Motorcycles: 2012 ZX-14R "the Flaming Hulk"
« Reply #459 on: August 19, 2015, 10:26:06 AM »
going to see new lender today after ditching other lender. not happy about the whole situation. hope all goes well. stress level is nuts ova here.
previous rides: 2011 GSXR750, 2007 FJR1300, 2004 GSXR750, 2002 Busa, 2002 VFR800, 1992 Honda Nighthawk CB750

Offline Black Hills

• Motorcycles: KTM 1290 Adventure R, KTM300xcw, 1290 SuperDuke
« Reply #460 on: August 19, 2015, 12:43:29 PM »
going to see new lender today after ditching other lender. not happy about the whole situation. hope all goes well. stress level is nuts ova here.

good luck, I had similar issues. What they tell you and what they do are not he same, you wouldn't think it would be that difficult?

Carrie at Highmark does a great job..
the above are merely the ramblings of a hamfisted fuckwit who has broken too many helmets.

Offline doc4216

• Contributor
  • Motorcycles: Roxy....R1200RS
« Reply #461 on: August 19, 2015, 03:15:26 PM »
Did an EVOC course today. This is a small portion of the skid pad exercise. So much fun this morning. About to start the pursuit part of the day!!

https://vimeo.com/136761368
A straight road never made a skilled rider.

Online Papa Lazarou

• Contributor

Offline Cookie

• Super Moderator
  • Tacos are life.
  • Motorcycles: '16 MG Audace, '10 Ural T, '19 Ural Gear Up and from out of nowhere, the surprise '06 KLR 650!
« Reply #463 on: August 19, 2015, 04:24:15 PM »
Sick day 3.

― Frank Zappa

Offline 2RR2NV

« Reply #464 on: August 19, 2015, 04:56:02 PM »

good luck, I had similar issues. What they tell you and what they do are not he same, you wouldn't think it would be that difficult?

Carrie at Highmark does a great job..

thanks. yeah, we just got done a bit ago and found out even more info that was not pointed out or not informed of.  we went from having to need only $2300 for closing costs (thought it was low but hey, he's the expert), to over $12k. yeah, needless to say, we are pissed. and yes, our new lender actually went over the old paperwork and pointed out what we should have been told. nothing coming to the table with not enough cash....  grrrrrrrrr
previous rides: 2011 GSXR750, 2007 FJR1300, 2004 GSXR750, 2002 Busa, 2002 VFR800, 1992 Honda Nighthawk CB750

Offline sleazy rider

• Contributor
  • Trapped!
    • Da Blog!
  • Motorcycles: 1990 Suzuki DR350S
« Reply #465 on: August 19, 2015, 05:00:01 PM »
Went in and got my eyes checked.  New (stronger) glasses ordered.  Maybe the headaches will stop next week.
--Tom

Online Bounce

• Contributor
    • FJR-Tips
  • Motorcycles: Yes
« Reply #466 on: August 19, 2015, 06:46:03 PM »
Was practicing last night and the amp had picked up a hum since the last practice session. I guess it forgot the words. During the practice I suddenly lost Clean Channel 1. Flipped over the Clean 2 and finished the session. Afterwards, went through all the possible settings (pedals, affects loop, EQ, etc.) and CC1 wasn't completely gone but the volume had to be turned up to 10 to get the same output that 3 had been giving.

Today I rolled the pre-amps tubes without resolving the problem. Went to the power amp tubes and one of the month-old TAD E34B-STDs was tango uniform. Swapped in the OEM Marshalls (relabeled JJs) and CC1 came back while the hum went away. Word is that the hum is a clue that a power tube is on the outs; drifting from it's original bias along the way.

More TADs ordered since they give a warmer sound.

Offline I'm NOT Carl

• Weirdo Freak
  • Motorcycles: 2013 Kawasaki Concours, 2002 Suzuki Hayabusa, 1989 Honda Transalp
« Reply #467 on: August 19, 2015, 10:16:48 PM »
That's cool. I did a video of my tubes freaking out on my Princeton.

I can't get the link. Search YouTube for cschelin and my channel.

Carl
 No matter where you go, there you are.

Online coho

• Contributor
  • Probably not wearing pants.
  • Motorcycles: R1100RT (Gentleman's Express) - StFU200 (The Dumbbike) - Guzzi V7II (Tiny Musclecar)
« Reply #468 on: August 20, 2015, 02:13:06 AM »
I have no curre nt incomew but bought this: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Beautiful-Antique-Ladys-Desk-Leather-Topped-Mahogany-Writing-Desk-/231651728517?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2047675.l2557&nma=true&si=%252Fm1JMBb6B18GA5PLldiLXe5dJus%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

That's cool. I have a circular pedestal side table that could be from the same set. Is it for resale or writing?
Also, are you typing in Welsh or are you just drunk at your posh writing desk? :snork:
If it weren't for the therapeutic properties of the occasional off-camber decreasing radius downhill right-hander I'd almost certainly go completely sane.

"I like the beverages."  -CLAY

Online Papa Lazarou

• Contributor
« Reply #469 on: August 20, 2015, 04:50:58 AM »
I have no curre nt incomew but bought this: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Beautiful-Antique-Ladys-Desk-Leather-Topped-Mahogany-Writing-Desk-/231651728517?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2047675.l2557&nma=true&si=%252Fm1JMBb6B18GA5PLldiLXe5dJus%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

That's cool. I have a circular pedestal side table that could be from the same set. Is it for resale or writing?
Also, are you typing in Welsh or are you just drunk at your posh writing desk? :snork:

Probably on my mobile. My fingers are too fat for the keyboard.

It's a replacement for my shitty computer desk.

Online Bounce

• Contributor
    • FJR-Tips
« Reply #470 on: August 20, 2015, 11:32:12 AM »
That's cool. I did a video of my tubes freaking out on my Princeton.

I can't get the link. Search YouTube for cschelin and my channel.

Carl

WOW! No question there was an issue there.

https://youtu.be/Az9poDQN6ag

A great example of why extreme caution should be practiced when working on a tube amp.

Offline Jim

• Contributor
« Reply #471 on: August 20, 2015, 01:00:53 PM »
sodapop6620: You are never lost as long as you have gas.  Mrs. DantesDame: Side roads lead to interesting discoveries

Offline Cookie

• Super Moderator
  • Tacos are life.
« Reply #472 on: August 20, 2015, 03:00:59 PM »

The G bought me a pedicure for my birthday.

I got her a tattoo.

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk

― Frank Zappa

Offline jadziadax8

• Contributor
  • Yeah it's a girl's bike. THIS girl's bike.
  • Motorcycles: 2007 Kawasaki Ninja 650r
« Reply #473 on: August 20, 2015, 04:52:11 PM »
Soooo, what color are your toenails now? My FIL prefers sparkly orange.

Sent through subspace from the U.S.S. Enterprise.
She's got a worm in 'er belly? That's disgusting! That's interesting, but very disgusting. 

My Other Hobby

Offline Cookie

• Super Moderator
  • Tacos are life.
« Reply #474 on: August 20, 2015, 04:55:55 PM »
Purple.

― Frank Zappa

Online viffergyrl

• Contributor
  • Hey! Wait for me.....
  • Motorcycles: 2007 Suzuki SV650
« Reply #475 on: August 20, 2015, 05:10:46 PM »
Purple.

:needpics:
The world is a mess. It has always been a mess. Our job is to straighten out our own lives.  Joseph Campbell

Offline mxvet57

• Contributor
  • Loud horns save lives
« Reply #476 on: August 20, 2015, 05:21:42 PM »
Purple.

:needpics:

NO I don't think so.

I'm out of eye bleach.

Every day is my birthday

Offline Scratch

• Contributor
« Reply #477 on: August 20, 2015, 05:36:34 PM »
Flew back to Colorado with an angry drugged cat.  It actually went pretty well other than her swiping the poor Bawlmer TSA guy with her claws while we were pulling her out of her carrier so they could scan it.  A 1/2 tab of Valium snuck into a treat kept her pretty well zonked for most of the flight, then she fussed a bit but thankfully  kept her bowels & bladder in check the whole flight.  Good kitty.  Got her here inside the house and let her go exploring.  There's enough furniture & clothing here that smell familiar that she's not freaked out at all.  Now she's curled up beside me on the couch.   Mebbe she'll catch a mouse tonight...

Online viffergyrl

• Contributor
  • Hey! Wait for me.....
  • Motorcycles: 2007 Suzuki SV650
« Reply #478 on: August 20, 2015, 06:48:36 PM »
Flew back to Colorado with an angry drugged cat.  It actually went pretty well other than her swiping the poor Bawlmer TSA guy with her claws while we were pulling her out of her carrier so they could scan it.  A 1/2 tab of Valium snuck into a treat kept her pretty well zonked for most of the flight, then she fussed a bit but thankfully  kept her bowels & bladder in check the whole flight.  Good kitty.  Got her here inside the house and let her go exploring.  There's enough furniture & clothing here that smell familiar that she's not freaked out at all.  Now she's curled up beside me on the couch.   Mebbe she'll catch a mouse tonight...

Mebbe. Glad it went well - she is back with her pride now.
The world is a mess. It has always been a mess. Our job is to straighten out our own lives.  Joseph Campbell

Offline Scratch

• Contributor
« Reply #479 on: August 20, 2015, 06:54:01 PM »

Mebbe. Glad it went well - she is back with her pride now.

Rest of the pride is in Columbus, making their way west with the U-Haul. 

One Big Happy Family Sunday.

Online Papa Lazarou

• Contributor
« Reply #480 on: August 21, 2015, 09:32:10 AM »
I posted this some website.

https://youtu.be/4IRB0sxw-YU

Offline radon222

• Contributor
  • It's all Scratch's fault
  • Motorcycles: R1200GSAW, R1200RT
« Reply #481 on: August 21, 2015, 12:14:37 PM »

And now you have a whole new set of neighbors to try and pawn her off on.    :P

I hope Tam & Rue's travels are going without a hitch.  I bet Rue is really excited to finally get out there for good. 

Online Papa Lazarou

• Contributor
« Reply #482 on: August 21, 2015, 01:35:58 PM »

Picked it up. It's a piece of 1970's plywood shit. It's going back to the seller. I don't usually get things wrong that badly, but this time, I did.

Online coho

• Contributor
  • Probably not wearing pants.
  • Motorcycles: R1100RT (Gentleman's Express) - StFU200 (The Dumbbike) - Guzzi V7II (Tiny Musclecar)
« Reply #483 on: August 21, 2015, 02:01:39 PM »
Bummer.
Misrepresenting sellers are teh suxx0r. Boooo!  :angry:
If it weren't for the therapeutic properties of the occasional off-camber decreasing radius downhill right-hander I'd almost certainly go completely sane.

"I like the beverages."  -CLAY

Offline Jim

• Contributor
« Reply #484 on: August 21, 2015, 03:02:44 PM »
Roll back several months... Secretary at a client location (small office) often brings her (10/11yr old) daughter to work. I tend computer / electronics support for clients. I do not recall the task that was being tended on the secretary's system but there was a point where the desktop was apart. Her daughter expressed an interest in "what makes a computer work". Mom is well supportive of her inquisitive daughter. Three or four of us ended up sitting on the floor, cover off of the computer with me describing "parts". Five, maybe ten minutes later the computer was buttoned up and I completed the appointment.

A few months later I receive an e-mail from the secretary / mom to the effect that her daughter was asked a question of what person stands out in your mind. The answer came back - the computer guy at mom's work. Mom said that it was my taking time to sit and "be a patient teacher" made an impact with her child. It was a nice e-mail to receive.

Today, Mom and daughter had an appointment at my office to "look at" their laptop that had a "goofy" screen (the easy, 20 second, answer - the LCD panel is broken and needs replacement - but today is a teaching event). I just wrapped up a two hour appointment showing the daughter my methods for laptop dis-assembly / diagnosis / reassembly with her tending 70% of the dis-assembly and 95% of the re-assembly.

I enjoyed passing on skills to another generation. Mom was pleased at my teaching skills & patience. Daughter was quite energetic and happy that she was able to "turn the screwdriver", disconnect, reconnect cables - and what to watch for so that it is done properly.

A-GOOD-DAY.

Online Papa Lazarou

• Contributor
« Reply #485 on: August 21, 2015, 03:05:18 PM »
Well. That really is cool. Well done Jim.

Offline I'm NOT Carl

• Weirdo Freak
  • Motorcycles: 2013 Kawasaki Concours, 2002 Suzuki Hayabusa, 1989 Honda Transalp
« Reply #486 on: August 21, 2015, 03:57:51 PM »
That's pretty cool. I once brought my daughter (about the same age) in and gave her a page of instructions. She upgraded about a third of the systems in the office :) (about 30 systems I guess). My older daughter was pretty interested in computers when she was a bit younger than that. At 8 she was screwing around with IBM Logo. She's a Computer Security Professional now. Both were very interested in what I was doing, at home and at work so I was happy to help them with their curiosity.

Carl

Offline CLAY

• Super Moderator
  • Help me Mr. Wizard!!!
« Reply #487 on: August 21, 2015, 07:55:52 PM »
Roll back several months... Secretary at a client location (small office) often brings her (10/11yr old) daughter to work. I tend computer / electronics support for clients. I do not recall the task that was being tended on the secretary's system but there was a point where the desktop was apart. Her daughter expressed an interest in "what makes a computer work". Mom is well supportive of her inquisitive daughter. Three or four of us ended up sitting on the floor, cover off of the computer with me describing "parts". Five, maybe ten minutes later the computer was buttoned up and I completed the appointment.

A few months later I receive an e-mail from the secretary / mom to the effect that her daughter was asked a question of what person stands out in your mind. The answer came back - the computer guy at mom's work. Mom said that it was my taking time to sit and "be a patient teacher" made an impact with her child. It was a nice e-mail to receive.

Today, Mom and daughter had an appointment at my office to "look at" their laptop that had a "goofy" screen (the easy, 20 second, answer - the LCD panel is broken and needs replacement - but today is a teaching event). I just wrapped up a two hour appointment showing the daughter my methods for laptop dis-assembly / diagnosis / reassembly with her tending 70% of the dis-assembly and 95% of the re-assembly.

I enjoyed passing on skills to another generation. Mom was pleased at my teaching skills & patience. Daughter was quite energetic and happy that she was able to "turn the screwdriver", disconnect, reconnect cables - and what to watch for so that it is done properly.

A-GOOD-DAY.

That is freaking awesome!  Nice work.  I'd give you a thumbs up but I'm sick of looking at things that stick up.   :bigsmile:
Let's do some science.

Offline jadziadax8

• Contributor
« Reply #488 on: August 22, 2015, 06:40:16 AM »
Jim, big thanks for not falling into the "girls can't do tech" trap. I'm glad to hear about a girl learning to turn the screwdrivers. :bigok:

Sent through subspace from the U.S.S. Enterprise.
She's got a worm in 'er belly? That's disgusting! That's interesting, but very disgusting. 

My Other Hobby

Offline squeezer

• Contributor
  • squirrelly geezer
  • Motorcycles: 16 Tiger Xr(x)
« Reply #489 on: August 22, 2015, 04:20:56 PM »
 :clap: to Jim. I like that story.   :beerchug: (<-- for Jim, not the kid)

I spent an awesome morning having a broken tooth repaired with a temporary crown. Good times!
A man with no sig

Online Bounce

• Contributor
    • FJR-Tips
« Reply #490 on: August 22, 2015, 05:35:17 PM »
Made 38th level in Borderlands 2; killing time waiting for the new Fallout release.

PS4 rocks.

Offline doc4216

• Contributor
  • Motorcycles: Roxy....R1200RS
« Reply #491 on: August 22, 2015, 10:10:36 PM »
Great Job Jim!

I played in a softball tourney today in Petaluma....tomorrow I am riding the bike so if we go home early I can ride the PCH back!
A straight road never made a skilled rider.

Offline jadziadax8

• Contributor
« Reply #492 on: August 24, 2015, 12:22:07 PM »
Cleaned the house, since I spent most of Saturday and Sunday preserving stuff from the garden.  Do you know the worst part about cleaning the house?

Knowing that in 24 hours it'll be just as disgusting.  Damn you entropy! :firedevil:

My Other Hobby

Offline 2RR2NV

« Reply #493 on: August 24, 2015, 07:57:03 PM »
I dropped one of my girls off at her 1st day of school, took the other one to Lowe's and Menards to find some bolts for my Wife's S40. surfed the wed, picked up my oldest from school, played World of Tanks. now, eating DQ.

Life would be perfect if the VA would comp our house's appraisal with others...  then we could buy it. grrrrrrrrr

Offline mxvet57

• Contributor
  • Loud horns save lives
« Reply #494 on: August 24, 2015, 09:41:08 PM »
Worked on a friends Grand Marquis today. His head lights would just turn off while driving. A little time later they would come back on and then turn off again. Looked at the switch and found nothing wrong. After some investigation found the Headlight control module was bad. $250.00 part. After searching the net I found this was a common problem with that car.  Called my friend and he looked through some papers and found a letter from Ford  acknowledging a problem with the HCM and will cover it under warranty. Told him to call Ford tomorrow and get it scheduled to take it in.

Next was to check the brakes. Fronts looked good and had about 6 to 8 thousand left on them. When I looked at the rears the left side had a blown seal on the caliper and looks like it had been leaking for a while.  He said to do all 4 wheels. Will wait to see when Ford can get the car in before I start the brakes.

Every day is my birthday

Offline I'm NOT Carl

• Weirdo Freak
« Reply #495 on: August 24, 2015, 09:51:59 PM »
Practiced two new shapes on the guitar (plus the other three). Practiced in the key of A and the key of D. Still a little set in A so D needed some thought to get the shapes right.

Meaning in A, I know where every shape starts so I can jump between shapes almost without having to think about it (new shapes too).

But in D, I have to start with shape 1 and move up and down from there.

More practice in different keys needed.

Carl

Online Bounce

• Contributor
    • FJR-Tips
« Reply #496 on: August 25, 2015, 06:13:11 AM »
I need to get started on that sort of stuff. I've been working on cords and playing with various songs in Capo. I need to step up to doing more. Any source recommendations?

[Note: My Martin D15 is for sale.]

Offline I'm NOT Carl

• Weirdo Freak
« Reply #497 on: August 25, 2015, 06:52:43 AM »
My instructor gave me 10 or so Xerox copies from an old magazine with the shapes and 10 exercises (riffs) to go with them. I was focused on shape one (pentatonic) and feeling limited when I got those. Now I can play the entire fretboard with the five shapes. I can copy them for you or see which magazine they came from Guitar World).

And I have a Taylor I'm happy with :)

Carl

Online Bounce

• Contributor
    • FJR-Tips
« Reply #498 on: August 25, 2015, 12:34:01 PM »
My instructor gave me 10 or so Xerox copies from an old magazine with the shapes and 10 exercises (riffs) to go with them. I was focused on shape one (pentatonic) and feeling limited when I got those. Now I can play the entire fretboard with the five shapes. I can copy them for you or see which magazine they came from Guitar World).

And I have a Taylor I'm happy with :)

Carl

PLEASE! A camscanner (or other means of PDF) would be great!

I was actually looking at a Taylor when I bought my new Martin DCPA4. Tuns out, for the same price, I could get the Martin in solid woods and made in Murika (for what it's worth) for the same price as the similar laminate Taylor made in Mexico.

PM won't go through - can't find member

Offline I'm NOT Carl

• Weirdo Freak
« Reply #499 on: August 25, 2015, 01:02:37 PM »
Yea, I'm dm_gsxr for real :)

I went through several acoustics at the local store and really didn't find any that appealed. I finally picked out a Martin and the Taylor as closest to the louder percussive sound I was looking for. The store guy suggested he play a few for me and that made a huge difference in what I was hearing as an audience member. The Taylor had the bigger sound I was looking for.

I'll bring in the copies I have tomorrow as work as a scanner and get them to you.

Carl