Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Why I Ride Video  (Read 3490 times)

Offline bomber

• Rough, grooved surface
  • Motorcycles: some
Why I Ride Video
« on: November 25, 2013, 04:01:07 PM »
presented by an insurance comapny, no less . . . .

Nicely put togetehr video os why one rider, well, rides . . . . . .

http://www.esurance.com/whyiride

We had two bags of grass, 75 pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a saltshaker half-full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers... Also, a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether, and two dozen amyls. Not that we needed all that for the trip, but once you get locked into a serious drug collection, the tendency is to push it as far as you can.

Offline mxvet57

• Contributor
  • Loud horns save lives
  • Motorcycles: 04 FJR, 06 Speed triple, 88 EX500, 05 YZ250, 91 KX500
Re: Why I Ride Video
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2013, 04:51:18 PM »
Good find John.
At the risk of encouraging him, I agree with Cookie.   "Bomber"

Every day is my birthday

Online viffergyrl

• Contributor
  • Hey! Wait for me.....
  • Motorcycles: 2001 Ducati ST4; 2007 Suzuki SV650
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2013, 05:57:36 PM »
"[Life] just blurs together unless you punctuate it with adventure."

Indeed.
Don't argue with an idiot; people might not know the difference. -Anonymous

Offline kneescrubber

• Contributor
  • Nothing beats good line of sight
  • Motorcycles: 1999 VFR
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2013, 07:07:47 PM »
Very nice find Bomber.  :thumbsup:

At 2:07 he talks about things breaking down and it has a couple of stills in a shop with a mechanic working on the /5. That shop was once one of the premier BMW shops in the country. Owned by Perry Bushong and his wife Merry. BMW of Ft. Worth. The mechanic was Bruce Davidson who now has his own shop, Boxers by Bruce. The shop is still there although Perry is no longer a BMW dealer after 30 years of award winning BMW sales and service. A victim of the times I guess. Back in the late 90's when BMW was wanting to spruce things up and get away from the shade tree/grungy/Harleyesque look, they took his dealership away from him because he didn't want to move and build a brand spanking new building that looked like a.....well I digress. Bruce lit out on his own and now has a very successful business repairing and rebuilding boxers. Good for him.

How do I know all this? When my dad bought his first BMW (1977 R100S) and several others afterwards. I spent many, many hours in that shop drinking beer and watching those guys do their thing. It was like a large garage with multiple bikes and mechanics hustling around. And it was dirty. Not anti-septic like now. I truly miss those days.

:yawn:

Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Online viffergyrl

• Contributor
  • Hey! Wait for me.....
  • Motorcycles: 2001 Ducati ST4; 2007 Suzuki SV650
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2013, 07:39:34 PM »
Like Brattin Motors in San Diego - where I bought my BMW. It became BMW of San Diego.

Fortunately there was this guy named Dave Campbell  - used to race 600s and BMW twins. When my RT needed service I would ride from Oceanside to Santee on a Saturday and hang out while Dave worked on my bike. :thumbsup:

I know something of which you speak but I caught the tail-end….
Don't argue with an idiot; people might not know the difference. -Anonymous

Online Cablebandit

• Contributor
  • Pig Pilot
    • https://www.facebook.com/TheCablebandits
  • Motorcycles: A Blue One
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2013, 08:09:42 AM »
Pretty much hit the nail on the head.

Nicely done.

Online Andrew

• Contributor
  • Motorcycles: Got a Few
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2013, 07:54:32 PM »
Love the vid :thumbsup:

Strange thing is it was filmed all within 10 miles from here, Heck I ride through that tunnel & along that beach every day on the way to and from work.  ;D

Freedom without regulations that protect the general good is nothing less than anarchy by the rich.

"Riders might be worse than Kardashians for stupidity any more." Cornbe

Online Vulcanbill

• Contributor
  • no thank you ... still
  • Motorcycles: XT250, Ninja 500R
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2013, 09:05:42 PM »
"...what did you do?"

I love that!!!  And, it's largely what drives me to do stuff.  Yeah, we took Kim's mom's life insurance money and blew it on a trip around the country instead of saving it or doing something smart.  But that decision changed the way we live our lives and what we consider important and worth pursuing.  Many motorcycle purchases and trips were done with the same philosophy.  When I'm on my deathbed, (or watching my life flash before my eyes before hitting the truck that will kill me) I will have very few regrets about the decisions I made that others would consider reckless and stupid.  "Oh no, why didn't I invest that money in long term bonds with a nice safe yield?"  Yeah, I don't think so. 

Great video.
If a person's primary concern is increasing freedom, they should prepare for a reduction in average lifespan.  ---  Misanthropist

If you say "Gullible" real slow, it sounds like "Orange"

Offline M.Brane

• Motorcycles: 3 RC46, GTS1000
« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2013, 11:28:35 PM »
 The hipocracy...

I've had Allstate insurance for 30 years. They still insure my cages. After 1 claim for a crashed bike (no ticket), and a speeding ticket a couple years later in a cage (that wasn't mine) they wanted to raise my bike insurance by nearly 300%. No increase at all in my cage coverage.

I now have better coverage for my bike for less than I was paying them before with another carrier. Even their own agent said they were trying to f@*k me, and gave me a few agents to contact from other carriers.

Now I know where my years of claim-free premiums went.

Online Cablebandit

• Contributor
  • Pig Pilot
    • https://www.facebook.com/TheCablebandits
  • Motorcycles: A Blue One
« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2013, 07:24:23 AM »

Now I know where my years of claim-free premiums went.

Thanks.   ;D