Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Anglesight from Accutact  (Read 1918 times)

Offline giaka

• Contributor
  • I am member # 12
  • Motorcycles: Versys 650 Adventure
Anglesight from Accutact
« on: November 21, 2013, 06:25:29 PM »
Anglesight from Accutact, interesting.......

I don't know how to act my age, I have never been this old before.........
MR MOJO RISIN unscrambled spells JIM MORRISON

-

Offline misanthropist

• Motorcycles: Griso, GSXR, and projects
Re: Anglesight from Accutact
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2013, 07:13:23 PM »
Not really a fan of the idea of sticking my gun into rooms ahead of my evaluation and decision-making abilities...

Tight quarters and hostile targets = so long, gun/hello freshly armed assailant

Tight quarters and non-hostile targets I'm trying to ID through a little lens = muzzling the F out of somebody while I try to figure out what's going on

Behind a car etc if someone is already raining lead down at me, OK, maybe...but chances are I will be waiting until the suppressing fire phase is over anyway, then backing off the cover and delivering the most precise fire I can manage.

I would hate to try to lay down precision fire with this.  Even in the ad, you can see the guys wobbling all over.  I mean if you absolutely KNOW there's nothing out there to hit but a legit target to which you will be applying justified lethal force, okay...but if there is even the tiniest question of trying to make decisions through that little window I think it's a disaster in the making.

This seems to me to be one of those products which has some rare instance in which it will apply, and 99.9% of the time be a hindrance.
Support 12-5

Offline giaka

• Contributor
  • I am member # 12
  • Motorcycles: Versys 650 Adventure
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2013, 07:17:34 PM »
Not really a fan of the idea of sticking my gun into rooms ahead of my evaluation and decision-making abilities...

Tight quarters and hostile targets = so long, gun/hello freshly armed assailant

Agree 100%. This seems to be a tool that would allow you to shoot accurately over a wall and nothing else. Seems like it might have use for grunts in certain situations but otherwise it just seem silly.
I don't know how to act my age, I have never been this old before.........
MR MOJO RISIN unscrambled spells JIM MORRISON

-

Offline SuperHans

• Contributor
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2013, 06:20:31 AM »
I've seen a few products like this, all higher quality. This thing looks kinda low quality.

As has been said, I think the uses for it are low. I know the Israelis have used some of these devices for the tight quarters of some of the old cities they patrol. Can't say how widley used the devices are.

I know Aimpoint makes the CEU, but for LE and MIL only.

Offline khuffy

« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2013, 08:19:13 AM »
I saw that thing and had to watch the video.

I think it will be a very useful item.  Simply watch for guys who have installed them, and put as much distance between you and them as possible, because they obviously make horrible decisions and they are armed.

Sort of a tacti-cool litmus test if you will.