Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Kitchen Cabinets, Refrigerator, Electric Stove  (Read 2141 times)

Offline Max Wedge

• Contributor
  • Engineering Pathologist
  • Motorcycles: '10 R1200GS
Kitchen Cabinets, Refrigerator, Electric Stove
« on: November 20, 2013, 11:16:16 AM »
Remodeling, and all are getting replaced. Everything works, stove is almost like new. She is bored with the kitchen, I want a new RT. She gets hers now, I get mine in the spring. Fridge and stove will be ready to go this weekend, cabinets could be. Let me know if you are interested, and I will post pics. Lapeer county, in the mitten in region 4.
You never see a motorcycle parked outside a psychiatrists' office.
Where am I?

Offline Mr. Whippy

• 2012 Triumph Tiger 800
Re: Kitchen Cabinets, Refrigerator, Electric Stove
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2013, 03:03:42 PM »
You know, it was shocking but when we redid the kitchen last fall, we couldn't give away the perfectly good stove or microwave.  The cabinets were destroyed during removal (they were from the late 70's and not well made to begin with...)

Offline bomber

• Rough, grooved surface
  • Motorcycles: some
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2013, 03:31:26 PM »
We had a similar problem a few years ago . . . . . wound up donating the appliances to a local shelter, and the cabinets to Habitat for Humanity.

Good karma (IMO), not having to deal with selling stuff, and a tax write-off.
We had two bags of grass, 75 pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a saltshaker half-full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers... Also, a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether, and two dozen amyls. Not that we needed all that for the trip, but once you get locked into a serious drug collection, the tendency is to push it as far as you can.

Offline Mr. Whippy

• 2012 Triumph Tiger 800
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2013, 03:40:02 PM »
We had a similar problem a few years ago . . . . . wound up donating the appliances to a local shelter, and the cabinets to Habitat for Humanity.

Good karma (IMO), not having to deal with selling stuff, and a tax write-off.

The local shelters would only take it if we brought it there and they would inspect it, to see if they wanted it.  I was stunned.  I can understand that they didn't want junk dumped there, but you'd have thought they could have someone come and evaluate it at our place first.   If I'm loading it and hauling it, I make one stop.  Shelter or metal recycler.  I'm not taking it for a tour of the county.

Offline bomber

• Rough, grooved surface
  • Motorcycles: some
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2013, 03:41:12 PM »
that's what happened with us -- they came in checked it out, and then said, "yes please."
We had two bags of grass, 75 pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a saltshaker half-full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers... Also, a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether, and two dozen amyls. Not that we needed all that for the trip, but once you get locked into a serious drug collection, the tendency is to push it as far as you can.