Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Moving to Colorado?  (Read 52159 times)

Offline fourstring

• Motorcycles: Versys 650 LT
Re: Moving to Colorado?
« Reply #100 on: May 16, 2015, 08:41:02 AM »
Not entirely unexpectedly, I got a call then an email from the loan wonk 5 minutes before her office closed for the weekend, informing me they couldn't/wouldn't finance "due property type and limited comparable sales".  I did fire off a terse-but-polite email back to her and others higher up the chain, inquiring about their procedures for identifying property type in order to catch obvious stuff like this before the process goes to the nth degree, which I suspect will never be responded to.

Already in contact with a couple local lenders though.

For anything modular or mobile, local lenderis the way to go.  The big banks are simply not set up for manufactured homes and fall down on the job every time, and even the regional lenders are typically brokering these loans to a niche player.  Sorry to hear you're going through this.   >:(

We've got a branch out in Denver.  Do you want me to reach out to our CO branch manager and try to get a local recommendation?
For all the people that reside there, the center of the universe must be awfully crowded.

Offline Scratch

• Contributor
« Reply #101 on: May 16, 2015, 08:53:35 AM »
Not entirely unexpectedly, I got a call then an email from the loan wonk 5 minutes before her office closed for the weekend, informing me they couldn't/wouldn't finance "due property type and limited comparable sales".  I did fire off a terse-but-polite email back to her and others higher up the chain, inquiring about their procedures for identifying property type in order to catch obvious stuff like this before the process goes to the nth degree, which I suspect will never be responded to.

Already in contact with a couple local lenders though.

For anything modular or mobile, local lenderis the way to go.  The big banks are simply not set up for manufactured homes and fall down on the job every time, and even the regional lenders are typically brokering these loans to a niche player.  Sorry to hear you're going through this.   >:(

We've got a branch out in Denver.  Do you want me to reach out to our CO branch manager and try to get a local recommendation?

Sure, thanks.  PM inbound.

Offline Redfox

• Location: Beneath the sacred mountains or Beside the legendary fountain
  • Whiney girly GSA rider
  • Motorcycles: 08 GSA and maybe soon an airhead
« Reply #102 on: May 18, 2015, 10:31:49 AM »
Jim:
Thanks for your help. Allow me to clarify the pickup thing a little. F150 is preferred, 1999 or newer single cab with long bed is preferred, four wheel drive, eight cylinder esp the small V-8, is preferred. Manual or auto ok. Price as mentioned ok.
Thanks again
Tammy
The cheap thrills always seem to fade away...

Offline Scratch

• Contributor
« Reply #103 on: May 18, 2015, 10:34:54 AM »
Jim:
Thanks for your help. Allow me to clarify the pickup thing a little. F150 is preferred, 1999 or newer single cab with long bed is preferred, four wheel drive, eight cylinder esp the small V-8, is preferred. Manual or auto ok. Price as mentioned ok.
Thanks again
Tammy

Who the hell are you?  :headscratch:

Offline Redfox

• Location: Beneath the sacred mountains or Beside the legendary fountain
  • Whiney girly GSA rider
  • Motorcycles: 08 GSA and maybe soon an airhead
« Reply #104 on: May 18, 2015, 12:57:34 PM »
Don't worry your sweet little head, for you will soon remember all too well!  :o
The cheap thrills always seem to fade away...

Offline Scratch

• Contributor
« Reply #105 on: May 18, 2015, 01:14:40 PM »
Don't worry your sweet little head, for you will soon remember all too well!  :o

Cute 'n scary - just the way I like 'em.  ;D

Offline FJR1300

• Administrator
  • Motorcycles: None
« Reply #106 on: May 18, 2015, 04:17:07 PM »
I'll be in Denver the last weekend of July and the fist week of August. I hope you'll be around...

Offline Scratch

• Contributor
« Reply #107 on: May 18, 2015, 04:43:05 PM »
I'll be in Denver the last weekend of July and the fist week of August. I hope you'll be around...

We hope so to, dadgummit! 

Offline Jim

• Contributor
« Reply #108 on: May 18, 2015, 05:15:24 PM »

Those are prime "high mountains have little snow" times
sodapop6620: You are never lost as long as you have gas.  Mrs. DantesDame: Side roads lead to interesting discoveries

Offline Vulcanbill

• Contributor
  • no thank you ... still
  • Motorcycles: 2016 Kawasaki Versys 650 - ORANGE!!!!
« Reply #109 on: May 26, 2015, 10:10:08 AM »
WELL??!?!?!?

If a person's primary concern is increasing freedom, they should prepare for a reduction in average lifespan.  ---  Misanthropist

If you say "Gullible" real slow, it sounds like "Orange"

Offline Scratch

• Contributor
« Reply #110 on: May 26, 2015, 05:45:08 PM »
Deep f'n subject.

Offline Scratch

• Contributor
« Reply #111 on: May 26, 2015, 05:54:00 PM »
But seriously.

Found a local lender.  Waiting for appraisal.  Latest planned closing date NLT June 16; could be sooner.

Home in MD to be relisted June 1st.  Been furiously painting/cleaning/packing.  We're all pretty much f'n exhausted. 

Might cage it out (again) to CO for closing trailering the remaining two bikes, which would allow us to take more stuff and alleviate the logistics of picking up the Beemers that've been sitting in storage in Denver since May 11th.  If we do that I'll leave the cage somewhere near DIA and fly back home.

Offline kneescrubber

• Contributor
  • Nothing beats good line of sight
  • Motorcycles: 1999 VFR
« Reply #112 on: May 26, 2015, 06:46:13 PM »
But seriously.

Found a local lender.  Waiting for appraisal.  Latest planned closing date NLT June 16; could be sooner.

Home in MD to be relisted June 1st.  Been furiously painting/cleaning/packing.  We're all pretty much f'n exhausted. 

Might cage it out (again) to CO for closing trailering the remaining two bikes, which would allow us to take more stuff and alleviate the logistics of picking up the Beemers that've been sitting in storage in Denver since May 11th.  If we do that I'll leave the cage somewhere near DIA and fly back home.

So what you're saying is retirement sucks.
Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Offline Scratch

• Contributor
« Reply #113 on: May 26, 2015, 06:54:47 PM »
But seriously.

So what you're saying is retirement sucks.

I wouldn't recommend it for just anybody.

Offline FJR1300

• Administrator
  • Motorcycles: None
« Reply #114 on: June 02, 2015, 10:04:19 PM »
But seriously.

Good luck. Plans for me are to still be in Denver at the end of July, so I'll be sure to catch up with guys.

Offline Scratch

• Contributor
« Reply #115 on: June 10, 2015, 10:38:48 AM »
As the sun slowly sets and we finally bid farewell to this island paradise, the grateful natives line the shore and chant "Motherf*ckers!  Motherf*ckers!!"

Online radon222

• Contributor
  • It's all Scratch's fault
  • Motorcycles: R1200GSAW, R1200RT
« Reply #116 on: June 10, 2015, 10:45:29 AM »
you're out!?!?!?

Did they find the snakes in the walls yet??   :P

Offline Scratch

• Contributor
« Reply #117 on: June 10, 2015, 06:54:32 PM »
MD home not sold but most everythings heading to CO including Tam&I.  Rue's holding the fort.  We're in Columbus right now being accosted by a friendly drunk in a sushi bar.

Offline Scratch

• Contributor
« Reply #118 on: June 13, 2015, 05:00:02 PM »
Phew.  :P  Finally arrived.  Drove straight to the house and dropped off my Aprilia & Rue's F700GS.  The owners weren't there but a deer sat in the yard and watched us, and the neighbor came over to say "hey" and exchange phone numbers.  We'll be staying at the BW in Loveland until settlement on Tuesday.  Hopefully the moving van will arrive the same week.  Monday we gotta drive into Denver to pick up the GSA's.  Really tired right now, think we'll just hit the bar/restaurant next to the hotel and eat & drink then crash.  Tomorrow's a free day though.  :)  Would loved to ride the two bikes we have, but our riding gear is stashed on the Beemers.

Offline kneescrubber

• Contributor
« Reply #119 on: June 14, 2015, 08:30:44 AM »
Post pics of the new digs as soon as you can.
Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Offline Scratch

• Contributor
« Reply #120 on: June 14, 2015, 08:43:48 AM »
Will do.

Neighbor informed us that a bear was trying to get into the trash dumpster the night before.  We're thinking of rugs and wall decoration.

Offline kneescrubber

• Contributor
« Reply #121 on: June 14, 2015, 09:45:06 AM »
Bearskin rug in front of the fireplace. Kinky.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Online viffergyrl

• Contributor
  • Hey! Wait for me.....
  • Motorcycles: 2007 Suzuki SV650
« Reply #122 on: June 14, 2015, 10:04:54 AM »

^This. Been following along.
The world is a mess. It has always been a mess. Our job is to straighten out our own lives.  Joseph Campbell

Offline Scratch

• Contributor
« Reply #123 on: June 15, 2015, 10:23:40 PM »
Welp - closing put off 'til Thursday morning.  Which is okay cuz we think the owners might could use a little more time to get the rest of their stuff out. 

If anyone's up for dinner in/about FC tomorrow or Wednesday, hit me a PM.  :)

Offline st2sam

• Motorcycles: 2014 Valkyrie 1993 Ducati 907ie
« Reply #124 on: June 16, 2015, 07:23:28 AM »

^This. Been following along.

^ yep, me too.
She's a big girl, but boy can she dance.

"Traffic was thick as NRA members at an ammo sale." - Sleazy Rider

Online radon222

• Contributor
« Reply #125 on: June 16, 2015, 07:36:10 AM »
Which is okay cuz we think the owners might could use a little more time to get the rest of their stuff out.

Have you checked to see if there was anything good enough to stay   :P

Offline Scratch

• Contributor
« Reply #126 on: June 16, 2015, 07:46:35 AM »
Which is okay cuz we think the owners might could use a little more time to get the rest of their stuff out.

Have you checked to see if there was anything good enough to stay   :P

Nah, nothing really.  The owners were home when we showed up yesterday to drop the GSA's off.  Husband helped us get the bikes off the trailer and wife gave Tammy the 10 cent tour.   Nice couple, in their 50's; they're relocating to Wellington up north of FC.  They've got a nice big RV they'll be living in while they build their home on a lot they bought there. 

We'll have to do some painting and carpet cleaning, in particular to get rid of the tobacco odor that's prevalent downstairs.  Also need to get a riding mower.

Online radon222

• Contributor
« Reply #127 on: June 16, 2015, 08:03:27 AM »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Scratch

• Contributor
« Reply #128 on: June 16, 2015, 08:29:16 AM »

Offline mxvet57

• Contributor
  • Loud horns save lives
  • Motorcycles: 04 FJR, 06 Speed triple, 88 EX500, 05 YZ250, 91 KX500
« Reply #129 on: June 16, 2015, 08:32:45 AM »

Looks like that dog really wants to take a chunk out of your ass.
At the risk of encouraging him, I agree with Cookie.   "Bomber"

Every day is my birthday

Offline Scratch

• Contributor
« Reply #130 on: June 17, 2015, 06:04:57 PM »
Going to do the walk through in an hour.  Should be innaresting - the listing agent's been very weaselly throughout this whole deal and this'll be the first (and hopefully only) time we've met.  Tomorrow morning's supposed to be the closing and the title agency & lender have been coming up with last minute shit all day - might happen on time; might not.   :crazy:

At least Tammy & I had a nice day in Fort Collins.  Ate lunch outside and were entertained by a sidewalk violinist.  I requested the theme from the shower scene in 'Psycho' and he happily obliged.  :lol:

Offline Jim

• Contributor
« Reply #131 on: June 17, 2015, 07:35:39 PM »
Tomorrow morning's supposed to be the closing and the title agency & lender have been coming up with last minute shit all day - might happen on time; might not.   :crazy:

Crossing fingers for ya!
sodapop6620: You are never lost as long as you have gas.  Mrs. DantesDame: Side roads lead to interesting discoveries

Offline Scratch

• Contributor
« Reply #132 on: June 17, 2015, 11:00:43 PM »
Walk through done -- unless Genie appears and does her head shake thing there's NFW they can be outta there by tomorrow morning.  And about the diesel spill... :mad:

Offline Jim

• Contributor
« Reply #133 on: June 18, 2015, 12:00:30 AM »
For $489.63 per day, cash up front, you'd allow them 8a to 8p access to your house for three or four days.

Offline Max Wedge

• Contributor
  • Engineering Pathologist
  • Motorcycles: '10 R1200GS
« Reply #134 on: June 18, 2015, 06:12:23 AM »
Walk through done -- unless Genie appears and does her head shake thing there's NFW they can be outta there by tomorrow morning.  And about the diesel spill... :mad:

Is it immediate occupancy? I feel your pain on the closings. When I closed on two houses on the same day I found out while pulling into the parking lot of the realtors office that my work hadn't bothered to verify my employment, which was supposedly done months ago.
You never see a motorcycle parked outside a psychiatrists' office.
Where am I?

Offline Scratch

• Contributor
« Reply #135 on: June 18, 2015, 07:33:48 AM »
Yeah, we're supposed to move in right after signing.  Might be 'inheriting' a lotta stuff.

Haven't decided what to do about TV & internet. The house has satellite dishes on the roof for both Dish and Direct TV; customer reviews I've read of either don't appear to be very complimentary.

Offline Max Wedge

• Contributor
  • Engineering Pathologist
  • Motorcycles: '10 R1200GS
« Reply #136 on: June 18, 2015, 07:43:25 AM »
I inherited a Bose surround sound system and a full size video arcade game. The arcade game had some water damage and cut wiring. The cable guy took it and hauled it out.  ;D
You never see a motorcycle parked outside a psychiatrists' office.
Where am I?

Offline Vulcanbill

• Contributor
  • no thank you ... still
  • Motorcycles: 2016 Kawasaki Versys 650 - ORANGE!!!!
« Reply #137 on: June 18, 2015, 08:32:20 AM »
Our buyers actually purchased a bunch of stuff we were on the fence about.  I "threw in" the giant rear projection 50" in the basement.  They inherited a very large table that my nephew made for his mother a long time ago.  We took it and had it stored in our basement and used it for storage.  That was before we finished the basement and put up walls and regular size doors.  I told them they could either keep it and find a use for it or I would be back with a chainsaw but wouldn't have time to clean up the mess.  :) 

diesel spill???
If a person's primary concern is increasing freedom, they should prepare for a reduction in average lifespan.  ---  Misanthropist

If you say "Gullible" real slow, it sounds like "Orange"

Offline Jim

• Contributor
« Reply #138 on: June 18, 2015, 10:07:25 AM »
Haven't decided what to do about TV & internet.

CenturyLink is the local phone company (DSL). They do "package deals" (ugh) with ?Direct TV?.

Com$#%* is the local cable TV company.

If you can get either into the premises, one of those would be your first choice for Internet.

If no to both of those, fixed point wireless is quite common out here. Skybeam used to be the go-to company and they were GREAT (stable service, good support), but I believe they were recently "acquired" by ?Rise? and support hit the crapper.  I'd still consider them if the first two are not an option as the service is still stable (and I'd expect it to remain decent).

Close behind fixed point wireless is cellular wireless, if you can get 4G at your location.

A far, far, far last place is satellite (Hughes) Internet. They are Internet of last resort.

Ask a neighbor or two what they use / what they have had issues with to see what's stable (if you can't get one of the first two).

Offline Jim

• Contributor
« Reply #139 on: June 19, 2015, 06:40:54 PM »
Fence sitting hop'n things are going smoothly...

Offline Scratch

• Contributor
« Reply #140 on: June 21, 2015, 11:45:06 AM »
Spotty cell reception no internet yet  still unpacking house haunted very smart mouse more later

Online radon222

• Contributor
« Reply #141 on: June 21, 2015, 01:11:34 PM »
Haunted by a very smart mouse??  Just don't go in the red room in the basement   :pope:

Offline kneescrubber

• Contributor
« Reply #142 on: June 21, 2015, 07:48:44 PM »

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Offline Scratch

• Contributor
« Reply #143 on: June 24, 2015, 04:11:36 PM »
Ahhh, finally got internet installed.   :)

So here we are, coming up on a week in our 'new' house.  Last Friday about 5 a.m. I was awakened by a loud woman's voice in the living room saying "Hello?"   :eek:

I laid in bed in the dark kinda freaked.  There was a sea of wrapping paper & bubble wrap scattered all over the living room floor, so anyone walking around there in the dark should have made some noise.  No noise.  Haven't heard 'her' again, so WTH.   :shrug:

Anyway, love the place.  Former owners smoked cigarettes like fiends and had multiple pets so a little cleaning is in process.  But it's nicely built, the garage is spacious, and the views are great - especially at sunset.

Offline Scratch

• Contributor
« Reply #144 on: June 24, 2015, 04:17:43 PM »
View of the house from up the hill:

View from the garage:

Deck will need a little TLC, but it's big:

View westward from the deck:

Offline Scratch

• Contributor
« Reply #145 on: June 24, 2015, 04:29:33 PM »
One of multiple residents - I'm gonna start charging them rent:

Before things got cluttered:

View of the back deck, facing east:

And facing west:

Part of the back yard:

Offline Scratch

• Contributor
« Reply #146 on: June 24, 2015, 04:35:55 PM »
And as the sun slowly sets...

Offline Jim

• Contributor
« Reply #147 on: June 24, 2015, 06:27:55 PM »
Nice views!

Online viffergyrl

• Contributor
  • Hey! Wait for me.....
  • Motorcycles: 2007 Suzuki SV650
« Reply #148 on: June 24, 2015, 06:53:37 PM »
Oooooooohhhh. Ahhhhhhhhhhh.

The deck looks awesome!
The world is a mess. It has always been a mess. Our job is to straighten out our own lives.  Joseph Campbell

Offline Scratch

• Contributor
« Reply #149 on: June 24, 2015, 06:56:24 PM »
Yeah, totally worth it.   :inlove:

Been making multiple trips into Loveland proper for stuff 'n things.  Decent city - downtown area appears to be thriving; some good dining choices.   We made the rounds of a few motorcycle shops, scheduled to have our GSA's rear wheel recalls done on July 7th at Colorado Euro in FC. 

Hope to get a ride in the next day or so - we're about 70% unpacked and deserve a little quality time.