Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Weird News  (Read 366870 times)

Online HipGnosis

• It's Hip, ya know
  • Motorcycles: F800ST(low), Ninja 650(R) ... Indian Scout (RIP)
Re: Weird News
« Reply #50 on: January 31, 2014, 11:37:15 AM »
Teen, her Mom and sister sell teen's newborn baby on Facebook

http://www.jdjournal.com/2014/01/21/chilean-teen-sells-newborn-on-facebook/

"Chile does not consider it an offense to offer the delivery of a newborn over the Internet, even for financial compensation."
But then...
"Following the transaction, both the buyers and the seller’s family, including Veronica, her mother, and sister were arrested by the Chilean police."
So WHY??
Life is made up of moments, small pieces of glittering mica in a long stretch of gray cement. We have to teach ourselves how to make room for them, to love them, and to live, really live. - Anna Quindlen

Online HipGnosis

• It's Hip, ya know
« Reply #51 on: February 07, 2014, 01:40:40 PM »
Russian Official reveals that there's Video Surveillance in Sochi Olympics Bathrooms

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1950763-russian-official-claims-to-have-video-surveillance-in-sochi-olympics-bathrooms

Dmitry Kozak, the deputy prime minister responsible for the Olympic preparations, reflected the view held among many Russian officials that some Western visitors are deliberately trying to sabotage Sochi's big debut out of bias against Russia.
"We have surveillance video from the hotels that shows people turn on the shower, direct the nozzle at the wall and then leave the room for the whole day," he said.
An aide then pulled a reporter away before Mr. Kozak could be questioned further on surveillance in hotel rooms.
Life is made up of moments, small pieces of glittering mica in a long stretch of gray cement. We have to teach ourselves how to make room for them, to love them, and to live, really live. - Anna Quindlen

Offline Scratch

• Contributor
« Reply #52 on: February 07, 2014, 03:00:44 PM »
Former McGruff the Crime Dog actor, John R. Morales, has been sentenced to 16 years in prison following his guilty plea three years after police seized 1,000 marijuana plants, 27 weapons – including a grenade launcher, and 9,000 rounds of ammunition from his home.

http://houston.cbslocal.com/2014/02/06/mcgruff-the-crime-dog-actor-sentenced-to-16-years-for-pot-grenade-launcher/

Offline squeezer

• Contributor
  • squirrelly geezer
  • Motorcycles: 16 Tiger Xr(x)
« Reply #53 on: February 07, 2014, 03:03:00 PM »
Former McGruff the Crime Dog actor, John R. Morales, has been sentenced to 16 years in prison following his guilty plea three years after police seized 1,000 marijuana plants, 27 weapons – including a grenade launcher, and 9,000 rounds of ammunition from his home.

http://houston.cbslocal.com/2014/02/06/mcgruff-the-crime-dog-actor-sentenced-to-16-years-for-pot-grenade-launcher/

Awesome. I remember when they first came up with that character. They had a contest to come up with his name. I still can't believe "McGruff" won. I submitted "Doggie Dick".
A man with no sig

Online bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • Motorcycles: 03 SV1000s, 08 ZG1400
« Reply #54 on: February 11, 2014, 06:40:49 AM »
A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.

Offline CLAY

• Super Moderator
  • Help me Mr. Wizard!!!
  • Motorcycles: '03 Bandit 1200S, '97 XR650L, '79 XS650 Tracker, '75 XS650 Standard
« Reply #55 on: February 11, 2014, 03:52:39 PM »
This is interesting.  I'm waiting for peer review and better tests, but if true (which I kind of doubt), this could be big:

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Are Paracas Elongated Skulls a New Species, Aliens or a Hoax?
Initial DNA analysis of one of the 3,000-year-old elongated skulls found in Paracas, Peru, has revealed that they may not have been come from humans but from a completely new species, according to Paracas Museum assistant director Brien Foerster.

Foerster, who also runs his own tour group company in Peru and has authored 11 books on ancient history, told Ancient Origins that a geneticist who tested skull samples has found that they contain mutated DNA that does not match any known genetic DNA information in GenBank, an open-access sequence database of all the known genetic data in the world.

The unidentified geneticist told Foerster: "It had mtDNA (mitochondrial DNA) with mutations unknown in any human, primate, or animal known so far. But a few fragments I was able to sequence from this sample indicate that if these mutations will hold we are dealing with a new human-like creature, very distant from Homo sapiens, Neanderthals and Denisovans."

"I am not sure it will even fit into the known evolutionary tree," the geneticist added.

Geneticist won't come forward, for now

According to Foerster, the geneticist in question, who apparently does contract work for the US government, is willing to go public, but does not want to come forward until the tests prove the theory conclusively.

Peruvian archaeologist Julio Tello discovered the skulls in 1928 in a massive graveyard in Paracas, desert peninsula in the Pisco Province on the south coast of Peru. Over 300 skulls were discovered and are some of the largest elongated skulls to have been found in the world.

It has always been thought that the skulls are elongated as a result of cranial deformation, whereby the head has been bound or flattened in order to achieve the unusual shape, however Foerster does not think this is the case with the Paracas skulls.

"From the doctors that I have spoken to, they have said that you can alter the shape of the skull but you cannot increase the size of the skull. The skull is genetically predetermined to have a certain volume," he said.

The reddish-brown colour of the ancient Paracas people and their unusual height is also not typical to the region, so Foerster, who has co-authored a book entitled, "The Enigma of Cranial Deformation: Elongated Skulls of the Ancients", thinks it is possible that these people migrated from another part of the world, possibly Georgia, where other 2,000 year-old elongated skulls have been found.

There are still many more tests that need to be carried out to verify what the DNA is, but genetic studies cost a lot of money.

With the help of interested individuals over the last two years, Foerster has so far raised $7,000 (£4,260, €5,120) to do the initial DNA testing, but a full genome study to completely verify the theory would cost at least $100,000, so he is hoping that geneticists will be willing to volunteer their services and equipment "for the good of humanity".

"I have had many different ideas but I've been waiting for actual DNA analysis and that has taken an incredibly long time, mainly due to lack of funding and also finding a geneticist who is open to studying this, doing it at a fraction of the normal cost that it would cost commercially," he explained.

"My intent simply is to find the truth as to who these people were."

Artists rendering:

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/are-paracas-elongated-skulls-new-species-aliens-or-hoax-1435980
"Most accidents happen when the meek meet the douchebags."  -Viffergyrl
"The wider the road, the worse the food." -Coho
Let's do some science.

Offline squeezer

• Contributor
  • squirrelly geezer
« Reply #56 on: February 11, 2014, 03:58:10 PM »
^^^^^
They are from France.
A man with no sig

Online coho

• Contributor
  • Probably not wearing pants.
  • Motorcycles: R1100RT (Gentleman's Express) - StFU200 (The Dumbbike) - Guzzi V7II (Tiny Musclecar)
« Reply #57 on: February 11, 2014, 04:27:14 PM »
If it weren't for the therapeutic properties of the occasional off-camber decreasing radius downhill right-hander I'd almost certainly go completely sane.

"I like the beverages."  -CLAY

Offline Scratch

• Contributor
« Reply #58 on: February 11, 2014, 04:43:39 PM »
This is interesting.  I'm waiting for peer review and better tests, but if true (which I kind of doubt), this could be big:

"Samples of these skulls (hair, including roots, tooth, bone and skin) housed at the Paracas History Museum were taken. Here’s the kicker… they were sent, not to a reputable scientist or geneticist, but to Lloyd Pye (now deceased), founder of the Starchild Project who believed in alien hybrids. Guess who he gave them to for testing? (This is rich.) Our favorite Nobel-wishing genetic tester, friend of the forest people, Dr. Melba Ketchum. Ketchum has made our feature posts as the orchestrator of the Bigfoot DNA testing boondoggle. In February of 2013, she self-published a paper (after it was rejected by mainstream journals) that her collection of supposed Bigfoot genetic samples showed the North American Sasquatch was a hybrid of an unknown ape and a human mother. The findings were roundly rejected. See the chronicles of Ketchum here."

http://doubtfulnews.com/2014/02/foerster-pye-and-ketchum-collaborate-paracas-elongated-skull-exposed-its/

Offline kneescrubber

• Contributor
  • Nothing beats good line of sight
  • Motorcycles: 1999 VFR
« Reply #59 on: February 11, 2014, 06:13:05 PM »

"Samples of these skulls (hair, including roots, tooth, bone and skin) housed at the Paracas History Museum were taken. Here’s the kicker… they were sent, not to a reputable scientist or geneticist, but to Lloyd Pye (now deceased), founder of the Starchild Project who believed in alien hybrids. Guess who he gave them to for testing? (This is rich.) Our favorite Nobel-wishing genetic tester, friend of the forest people, Dr. Melba Ketchum. Ketchum has made our feature posts as the orchestrator of the Bigfoot DNA testing boondoggle. In February of 2013, she self-published a paper (after it was rejected by mainstream journals) that her collection of supposed Bigfoot genetic samples showed the North American Sasquatch was a hybrid of an unknown ape and a human mother. The findings were roundly rejected. See the chronicles of Ketchum here."

http://doubtfulnews.com/2014/02/foerster-pye-and-ketchum-collaborate-paracas-elongated-skull-exposed-its/

Killjoy. We could have had a lot of fun with it.  :(
Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Offline mxvet57

• Contributor
  • Loud horns save lives
  • Motorcycles: 04 FJR, 06 Speed triple, 88 EX500, 05 YZ250, 91 KX500
« Reply #60 on: February 11, 2014, 07:27:53 PM »
At the risk of encouraging him, I agree with Cookie.   "Bomber"

Every day is my birthday

Online Flyer

• Motorcycles: Ducati MTS1200ST. Cycles: Masi 3V/C.Record, Colnago C50/C.Record, Kona J.T.S./105.,Kona NuNu
« Reply #61 on: February 11, 2014, 07:29:16 PM »
^^^^^
They are from France.
You are a squirrelly geezer.
 :smoking:
"We have constructed pyramids, in honour of our escaping." - Jim Morrison

”And the music was good, and the music was loud, and the singer he turned and he said to the crowd, LET THERE BE ROCK!”

Offline CLAY

• Super Moderator
  • Help me Mr. Wizard!!!
  • Motorcycles: '03 Bandit 1200S, '97 XR650L, '79 XS650 Tracker, '75 XS650 Standard
« Reply #62 on: February 11, 2014, 09:03:54 PM »

No surprise.   :facepalm:
Let's do some science.

Offline Scratch

• Contributor
« Reply #63 on: February 12, 2014, 12:44:11 PM »
(CNN) -- Eight Corvettes fell into a sinkhole that opened up beneath a section of the National Corvette Museum in Kentucky on Wednesday.

http://www.cnn.com/2014/02/12/us/national-corvette-museum-cars-fall/

Offline stew71

• Contributor
  • Hey...don't act like you're not impressed.
  • Motorcycles: 2007 Triumph Tiger
« Reply #64 on: February 12, 2014, 05:13:54 PM »
A little TurtleWax should buff that right out.
With enough thrust, a pig flies just fine.

Online bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • Motorcycles: 03 SV1000s, 08 ZG1400
A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.

Offline kneescrubber

• Contributor
Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Online HipGnosis

• It's Hip, ya know
« Reply #67 on: February 14, 2014, 10:40:50 PM »
Woman flirts thru McDonald's drive-thru window then fires thru it when they forget BACON on her sandwich!!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2556152/Bacon-loving-burger-bully-fires-bullet-McDonalds-drive-window-employee-got-order-wrong.html

Online Papa Lazarou

• Contributor
  • For further information, please re-read.
  • Motorcycles: Moto Guzzi Griso 1200SE Diablo Rosso
« Reply #68 on: February 15, 2014, 05:13:27 AM »
Putting the laughter back into manslaughter

Offline doc4216

• Contributor
  • Motorcycles: Roxy....R1200RS
« Reply #69 on: February 15, 2014, 08:15:12 AM »
Jilted Lover Cuts Off Ex's Tattooed Name And Mails It To Him [GRAPHIC PHOTOS]
http://www.medicaldaily.com/name-tattoo-sliced-torz-reynolds-removes-ex-boyfriends-tattooed-name-scalpel-mails-him-skin-modern

Talk about taking things into your own hands....or scalpel!
A straight road never made a skilled rider.

Offline Veefer800canuck

• Nicky Hayden stole my childhood.
  • Motorcycles: 1999 Honda GL800RR-SP2
« Reply #70 on: February 15, 2014, 08:57:46 AM »
Doc4216 wins the thread. We can all go home now.

:crazy:
Rob McKinnon

My visited states map:

Offline Max Wedge

• Contributor
  • Engineering Pathologist
  • Motorcycles: '10 R1200GS
« Reply #71 on: February 15, 2014, 12:34:42 PM »
Jilted Lover Cuts Off Ex's Tattooed Name And Mails It To Him [GRAPHIC PHOTOS]
http://www.medicaldaily.com/name-tattoo-sliced-torz-reynolds-removes-ex-boyfriends-tattooed-name-scalpel-mails-him-skin-modern

Talk about taking things into your own hands....or scalpel!

It is healing up nicely, all thing considered.
You never see a motorcycle parked outside a psychiatrists' office.
Where am I?

Offline doc4216

• Contributor
  • Motorcycles: Roxy....R1200RS
« Reply #72 on: February 15, 2014, 12:46:13 PM »
I thought the same thing!
A straight road never made a skilled rider.

Offline xsrider

• Contributor
  • Be seeing you.
  • Motorcycles: '14 Tiger 800
« Reply #73 on: February 18, 2014, 03:45:53 PM »
http://news.yahoo.com/39-catch-39-biker-nabbed-texas-police-204108665.html

SAN ANTONIO (Reuters) - A motorcyclist who taunted San Antonio police for a week with a Facebook video of himself driving recklessly through traffic along with the message "catch me if you can" was caught while sneaking out of a friend's house, police said on Tuesday.

Police took Alberto Rodriguez, 27, into custody on Monday for suspected motorcycle theft and in connection with several outstanding arrest warrants.

"When we pulled up on the house, our man ran out the back door and was hiding behind an air-conditioning unit," San Antonio Police Chief William McManus told reporters.

An attorney for Rodriguez was not immediately available for comment.

Officers recovered a stolen motorcycle during the arrest but said it was not the one that was seen in the video.

Prosecutors were considering whether to charge him with traffic violations for what was captured in the video, where a rider is seen weaving through traffic at up to 100 mph on a packed San Antonio highway.

Police said the video was taken with a helmet camera and was first posted on Rodriguez's Facebook page with the message "Catch me if you can."

"He said 'catch me if you can,' and our detectives caught him," McManus said.
IBA #14938
Stay healthy, my friend.

Online Papa Lazarou

• Contributor
« Reply #74 on: February 19, 2014, 12:00:18 PM »

Prosecutors were considering whether to charge him with traffic violations for what was captured in the video, where a rider is seen weaving through traffic at up to 100 mph on a packed San Antonio highway.

Apart from posting up on FB, I've done that. Brilliant fun.

Offline kneescrubber

• Contributor
« Reply #75 on: February 20, 2014, 05:49:26 PM »
http://www.nerve.com/love-sex/which-states-have-the-longest-and-shortest-sex

Why does everything have to be a red state/blue state comparison?

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Online Meemuh

• Contributor
  • Motorcycles: '91 Nighthawk.
« Reply #76 on: February 20, 2014, 07:53:06 PM »

I would have thought Florida would have represented a little better....unless they don't count the time it takes for the viagra to kick in.

Offline I'm NOT Carl

• Weirdo Freak
  • Motorcycles: 2013 Kawasaki Concours, 2002 Suzuki Hayabusa, 1989 Honda Transalp
« Reply #77 on: February 20, 2014, 09:28:49 PM »

I was reading it and thinking I was doing pretty average. Until I realized the numbers were in minutes  :o

:rolf: :chili:

Carl
 No matter where you go, there you are.

Offline kneescrubber

• Contributor
« Reply #78 on: February 21, 2014, 06:34:56 AM »

I was reading it and thinking I was doing pretty average. Until I realized the numbers were in minutes  :o

:rolf: :chili:

Carl

:lol:

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Offline kneescrubber

• Contributor

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Offline mxvet57

• Contributor
  • Loud horns save lives
« Reply #80 on: February 21, 2014, 01:28:01 PM »

Every day is my birthday

Offline kneescrubber

• Contributor
« Reply #81 on: February 21, 2014, 06:05:45 PM »

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Online miles

• Contributor
  • Motorcycles: Two of them
« Reply #82 on: February 23, 2014, 04:13:44 PM »

Olympians Stand Tall in Their Onesies

KRASNAYA POLYANA, Russia — The German bobsledders had a day off before their competition began, so they decided to go shopping in the charming Alpine village that has sprouted in the mountains above Sochi.

They ignored both the wildly overcrowded McDonald’s and the Russian version of an Irish pub, and ended up, like so many before them, in Russia’s first store dedicated solely to adult onesies.

“I love it!” squealed Sandra Kiriasis, a pilot with Germany’s bobsled team, as she admired a gray onesie with a snowflake design. Franziska Fritz, her partner on the sled and in shopping, already had a onesie at home and was in the market for another.

Within moments, they were hustled to the dressing room with matching black onesies, which they proceeded to buy.

A onesie, as the German Olympians were well aware, is a one-piece outfit with a zipper from crotch to head that is usually worn by very young children — think of Mickey from “In the Night Kitchen.”

It slips over diapers. It absorbs spit up. And now, it’s for grown-ups, or at least grown-ups who don’t mind looking like they’re headed to nap time.
Onesies have recently caught on among European club kids, but this month they became a surprise hit at the Sochi Olympic Games, thanks to OnePiece, a Norwegian company that opened a store here for the Games.

The onesie has charmed Moscow tourists, Siberian executives, a Russian Maxim model and, most especially and confoundingly, the world’s greatest athletes.

Swiss hockey players have bought onesies. Gregory Bretz, an American snowboarder, tweeted a picture of himself wearing a onesie printed with an American flag. A Russian luger tried one on. Sage Kotsenburg, an American snowboarder who won a gold medal, has stopped by the store, as has the Russian snowboard team, a Canadian bobsledder and two Norwegian athletes. The store has set up an Instagram feed to document its celebrated visitors.

“I guarantee this is going to catch on in the States,” said Cory Butner, an American bobsledder who admired the onesies in the shop window on a recent afternoon. “In three months, they’ll be all over the States.”

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/02/23/fashion/fashion-olympics-onesies-sochi.html?hp&_r=0
Your mother was a hamster and your father smelled of elderberries

Online HipGnosis

• It's Hip, ya know
« Reply #83 on: February 26, 2014, 01:10:49 PM »
Horny widow, 58, propositioned police officer for sex after making fake 911 call

The self proclaimed 'horny' widow was arrested on Friday after she placed a fake 911 call then propositioned the responding officer for sex.
Maria Montanez-Colon, 58, allegedly aggressively fondled the officer and told him: 'I haven't been penetrated in years.'
Mrs Montanez-Colon, who claimed that her late husband was an NYPD officer, said she called police to her Florida home after a family row over a Corvette which belonged to her late husband.

According to a police report from The Smoking Gun, Punta Gorda Police Department officer Justin Davoult was told by the inebriated 58-year-old: 'You are so sexy.'
In the report Davoult, 31, stated: 'I asked her what I could help her with and she stated: ''You can f*** me.'''
Officer Davoult said the woman tried to rub his chest and grab his arm.

After the police officer left the home, the woman dialed 911 again and said that the officer had 'p***** her off'. Officer Davoult responded once again to the home with a police lieutenant as back-up.

According to the report, Montanez-Colon told the officers that Davoult 'had been a perfect gentleman but when I asked him to f*** me, he turned me down so that made me angry'.
When the officers asked the woman if she understood that she had misused the emergency call system, she answered: 'I do, but how else am I going to get you to f*** me?'

The 58-year-old was arrested for misuse of 911 and booked into the Charlotte County Jail

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2567845/Horny-widow-58-propositioned-cop-making-fake-911-call.html
Yes, there's a picture of her

Offline Formerly Known as Bigfoot

• Motorcycles: 04 Yamaha RSV
« Reply #84 on: February 26, 2014, 04:52:00 PM »
I just can't imagine why he refused.  She's hot.
If Stupid Could Fly you'd be a Jet.

Offline stew71

• Contributor
  • Hey...don't act like you're not impressed.
  • Motorcycles: 2007 Triumph Tiger
« Reply #85 on: February 26, 2014, 05:29:59 PM »
Who needs stealth bombers and cruise missiles when you could use....

Rocket Cats!!!!   :o

http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/phillypets/U-Penn-researcher-unearths-centuries-old-rocket-cat-warfare-plot.html

Turns out the manuscript was actually a guide to siege warfare, and those be-backpacked kitties are meant to burn down hard-to-access castles and the like, dying in the process. Considering, for example, the section titled “To set fire to a castle or city which you can’t get at otherwise’:

“This section details how to use doves and cats loaded with flammable devices to set fire to enemy positions.

On cats the text paints a grisly picture of attaching lit sacks of incendiaries onto the animals to have them return to their homes and set fire to them.

'Create a small sack like a fire-arrow … if you would like to get at a town or castle, seek to obtain a cat from that place.

'And bind the sack to the back of the cat, ignite it, let it glow well and thereafter let the cat go, so it runs to the nearest castle or town, and out of fear it thinks to hide itself where it ends up in barn hay or straw it will be ignited.'"

With enough thrust, a pig flies just fine.

Online HipGnosis

• It's Hip, ya know
« Reply #86 on: February 27, 2014, 04:00:00 PM »
2 seriously hurt when car goes off overpass and 'lands' on a basketball court

Two people were injured early Wednesday when a car careened from the S. 35th St. viaduct (Milwaukee calls overpasses 'viaducts') onto a basketball court on W. Pierce St. in Milwaukee, police said.

The crash occurred shortly after 2 a.m., and the car narrowly missed hitting surrounding buildings, Milwaukee police said.

Police said a 2008 Chevy Cobalt was traveling southbound across the viaduct at a high rate of speed when the driver lost control, struck the guardrail and plunged over the edge.

The car was occupied by a 24-year-old Mequon man and a 31-year-old Milwaukee woman. Both were injured, and both are undergoing treatment at a hospital. The man is in serious condition and the woman is in critical condition, police said.

The investigation is ongoing, and police are working to determine which occupant was driving at the time of the crash.

Pic of the car at; http://www.jsonline.com/news/brfcar27-b99214002z1-247242911.html

Offline mxvet57

• Contributor
  • Loud horns save lives
« Reply #87 on: February 27, 2014, 06:04:08 PM »
Didn't even hit the fence. Good driving.

Every day is my birthday

Offline CLAY

• Super Moderator
  • Help me Mr. Wizard!!!
« Reply #88 on: February 27, 2014, 06:40:17 PM »
Looks like he made the shot too.
Let's do some science.

Online HipGnosis

• It's Hip, ya know
« Reply #89 on: February 28, 2014, 07:32:48 AM »
Woman listed as Glasgow Tourist Attraction on TripAdvisor

http://www.nbcnews.com/business/travel/woman-60-mistakenly-listed-glasgow-tourist-attraction-n40611

Mary Johnston, 60, does live in Glasgow, but she has no idea how her name and (sideways) photo showed up in TripAdvisor’s listings of museums to visit in the city.

“I didn’t set it up. It must be a bug in the system or it is malicious,” Johnston told The Scotsman. “I’m already a user and I went on recently to review somewhere in Amsterdam so it may have happened then.”

Intentional or not, once Johnston was entered into the TripAdvisor database as an attraction, the software automatically asked users if they’d “been to Mary Johnston?” and invited them to share their experiences, as Johnston was “ready for reviews.”

Several people did weigh in with comments ranging from "This attraction wasn’t in the guidebooks but is fun for all the family if you’re a fan of people called Mary or rotationally-challenged photos" to “If you visit just one Mary on your next trip to Glasgow, make sure it’s Mary Doll!”

The starred reviews placed Johnston at #87 of 163 TripAdvisor attractions in Glasgow.

On Thursday afternoon both Johnston’s photo and the reviews had been removed from the TripAdvisor site, but her name was still included as an entry in the “museums” category.

Online Papa Lazarou

• Contributor
« Reply #90 on: March 01, 2014, 10:38:08 AM »
 :rolf:

Online PatM

• Contributor
  • Motorcycles: 2016 BMW R1200RT
« Reply #91 on: March 02, 2014, 08:31:58 PM »
Human Barbie wants to live on light and air alone

Human Barbie doll Valeria Lukyanova says she intends to train herself to be able to live on just air and light.

"In recent weeks I have not been hungry at all. I'm hoping it's the final stage before I can subsist on air and light alone," Lukyanova told the International Business Times.

The Ukranian model and singer whose Facebook page boasts 994,000 'likes,' is apparently following Breatharianism, a mysterious cult that advocates living without food or water. A breatharian is said to be someone who never eats or drinks as they can exist on "cosmic micro-food."

The paper says that this is not the first time that Lukyanova declared something unusual.

http://www.torontosun.com/2014/03/01/human-barbie-wants-to-live-on-light-and-air-alone
Ride safe!

Offline Jim

• Contributor
« Reply #92 on: March 02, 2014, 09:06:32 PM »
About as bright as Barbie too.
sodapop6620: You are never lost as long as you have gas.  Mrs. DantesDame: Side roads lead to interesting discoveries

Offline mxvet57

• Contributor
  • Loud horns save lives
« Reply #93 on: March 03, 2014, 09:48:38 PM »
About as bright as Barbie too.

But real Barbie has a Corvette.

Every day is my birthday

Online HipGnosis

• It's Hip, ya know
« Reply #94 on: March 04, 2014, 09:54:39 AM »
high school senior in New Jersey, 18 and an honor student, is suing her parents because they refuse to pay for the rest of her Catholic high school and then for college

http://abclocal.go.com/wabc/story?section=news/local/new_jersey&id=9453016

The girl claims she was kicked out of the house.  Now, she wants the court to order her parents to support her.

Father is a retired police chief who says like many other American households, his household has rules.  He says Rachel chose to leave home in a dispute over curfews and chores.

Rachel is an honor student at Morris Catholic High School and is living in Rockaway, New Jersey with her best friend and their family, whom Mr. Canning says is bankrolling the lawsuit.

:facepalm:

Offline Max Wedge

• Contributor
  • Engineering Pathologist
  • Motorcycles: '10 R1200GS
« Reply #95 on: March 04, 2014, 10:28:45 AM »
Human Barbie wants to live on light and air alone

Human Barbie doll Valeria Lukyanova says she intends to train herself to be able to live on just air and light.

"In recent weeks I have not been hungry at all. I'm hoping it's the final stage before I can subsist on air and light alone," Lukyanova told the International Business Times.

The Ukranian model and singer whose Facebook page boasts 994,000 'likes,' is apparently following Breatharianism, a mysterious cult that advocates living without food or water. A breatharian is said to be someone who never eats or drinks as they can exist on "cosmic micro-food."

The paper says that this is not the first time that Lukyanova declared something unusual.

http://www.torontosun.com/2014/03/01/human-barbie-wants-to-live-on-light-and-air-alone

Worked for us. We decided we didn't want to breathe water anymore and climbed out of the water and started breathing air. She is just the next evolutionary.
You never see a motorcycle parked outside a psychiatrists' office.
Where am I?

Offline sleazy rider

• Contributor
  • Trapped!
    • Da Blog!
  • Motorcycles: 1990 Suzuki DR350S
« Reply #96 on: March 04, 2014, 06:38:03 PM »
high school senior in New Jersey, 18 and an honor student, is suing her parents because they refuse to pay for the rest of her Catholic high school and then for college

http://abclocal.go.com/wabc/story?section=news/local/new_jersey&id=9453016

The girl claims she was kicked out of the house.  Now, she wants the court to order her parents to support her.

Father is a retired police chief who says like many other American households, his household has rules.  He says Rachel chose to leave home in a dispute over curfews and chores.

Rachel is an honor student at Morris Catholic High School and is living in Rockaway, New Jersey with her best friend and their family, whom Mr. Canning says is bankrolling the lawsuit.

:facepalm:

Her best friend's dad is John Inglesino. 

From the shyster's website:

John P. Inglesino is the Managing Partner, and a founding partner, of Inglesino, Wyciskala & Taylor, LLC. Mr. Inglesino concentrates his practice in the areas of government law, where he represents municipalities, counties and state agencies; land use/redevelopment and real estate, where he represents private sector clients; and governmental affairs.

Mr. Inglesino also has a distinguished record of public service. He serves as a member of the Board of Trustees of the New Jersey Public Broadcast Authority, having been appointed by Governor Chris Christie. He also serves on Governor Christie’s School Funding Task Force.

You think there might be some conflict of interest here?
--Tom

Offline CLAY

• Super Moderator
  • Help me Mr. Wizard!!!
« Reply #97 on: March 04, 2014, 06:46:58 PM »
Her best friend's dad is John Inglesino. 

From the shyster's website:

John P. Inglesino is the Managing Partner, and a founding partner, of Inglesino, Wyciskala & Taylor, LLC. Mr. Inglesino concentrates his practice in the areas of government law, where he represents municipalities, counties and state agencies; land use/redevelopment and real estate, where he represents private sector clients; and governmental affairs.

Mr. Inglesino also has a distinguished record of public service. He serves as a member of the Board of Trustees of the New Jersey Public Broadcast Authority, having been appointed by Governor Chris Christie. He also serves on Governor Christie’s School Funding Task Force.

You think there might be some conflict of interest here?

...and he could probably care less about the damage he is doing to the family.   :baldy:
Let's do some science.

Online HipGnosis

• It's Hip, ya know
« Reply #98 on: March 05, 2014, 07:40:40 AM »
...and he could probably care less about the damage he is doing to the family.   :baldy:
To be moderately fair, we don't know how deep and thick the line of crap the girl is feeding him.
And...  you know how a lot of guys get all 'Oh, I'd take care of him' when some little hottie is crying for attention.
 :popcorn:

Offline squeezer

• Contributor
  • squirrelly geezer
« Reply #99 on: March 05, 2014, 09:49:13 AM »
Well, the judge told her no. She's about to learn what it's like to live on your own.
A man with no sig