Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Weird News  (Read 367242 times)

Online HipGnosis

• It's Hip, ya know
  • Motorcycles: F800ST(low), Ninja 650(R) ... Indian Scout (RIP)
Re: Weird News
« Reply #100 on: March 05, 2014, 10:38:01 AM »
Well, the judge told her no. She's about to learn what it's like to live on your own.
Oh Snap! 
To bad we don't have a whambulance emoticon...
Life is made up of moments, small pieces of glittering mica in a long stretch of gray cement. We have to teach ourselves how to make room for them, to love them, and to live, really live. - Anna Quindlen

Offline mxvet57

• Contributor
  • Loud horns save lives
  • Motorcycles: 04 FJR, 06 Speed triple, 88 EX500, 05 YZ250, 91 KX500
« Reply #101 on: March 05, 2014, 11:00:19 AM »
Well, the judge told her no. She's about to learn what it's like to live on your own.
Oh Snap! 
To bad we don't have a whambulance emoticon...

visitors can't see pics , please register or login
At the risk of encouraging him, I agree with Cookie.   "Bomber"

Every day is my birthday

Online bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • Motorcycles: 03 SV1000s, 08 ZG1400
« Reply #102 on: March 05, 2014, 03:18:17 PM »
It is by pizza alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of tomato that thoughts acquire speed, the lips acquire stains. The stains become a warning.

http://www.vice.com/read/this-man-has-survived-on-pizza-alone-for-25-years
A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.

Offline coucours grad

• Motorcycles: 2008 ST1300 (faSTeST Red) 1992 Kawasaki Concours (RIP)
« Reply #103 on: March 05, 2014, 07:31:44 PM »
It is by pizza alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of tomato that thoughts acquire speed, the lips acquire stains. The stains become a warning.

I tried a beer only diet for several years....

Gave it up for a bourbon diet....

Settled on a beer bourbon and occasional Jambalaya.
Protect your right to keep and arm bears!

Offline kneescrubber

• Contributor
  • Nothing beats good line of sight
  • Motorcycles: 1999 VFR
« Reply #104 on: March 05, 2014, 08:04:17 PM »

McDonalds is way cheaper. And yields the same results.

We are doomed.

Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Offline sodapop6620

• Motorcycles: 4
« Reply #105 on: March 06, 2014, 08:06:40 AM »
Dmitri Mendeleev Presents First Periodic Table (1869)

The periodic table is a tabular display of all known chemical elements arranged according to the periodic law discovered by Russian chemist Dmitri Mendeleev. The elements are arranged in columns and rows according to increasing atomic number, which is defined as the number of protons in the nucleus of an atom. The table summarizes the major properties of the elements and enables predictions to be made about their behavior. How many elements currently appear on the periodic table?

http://encyclopedia.thefreedictionary.com/periodic%20table

Online HipGnosis

• It's Hip, ya know
« Reply #106 on: March 07, 2014, 07:33:54 AM »
shot glasses made out of chocolate-chip cookies
http://time.com/14044/now-you-can-drink-milk-out-of-cookie-shot-glasses/

Dominique Ansel, the New York City pastry chef who created the viral croissant-donut hybrid the Cronut, has unveiled his latest creation via Instagram: milk in shot glasses made out of chocolate-chip cookies.

Ansel’s reps told Eater that he was inspired to create this cookie after trying an Oreo for the first time a few weeks ago.
---
I don't get it - ya don't drink the milk and THEN eat the cookie...
Frukin Frenchies
Life is made up of moments, small pieces of glittering mica in a long stretch of gray cement. We have to teach ourselves how to make room for them, to love them, and to live, really live. - Anna Quindlen

Online bedlamite

Online Meemuh

• Contributor
  • Motorcycles: '91 Nighthawk.
« Reply #108 on: March 19, 2014, 07:01:13 PM »

Offline CLAY

• Super Moderator
  • Help me Mr. Wizard!!!
  • Motorcycles: '03 Bandit 1200S, '97 XR650L, '79 XS650 Tracker, '75 XS650 Standard
« Reply #109 on: March 19, 2014, 08:07:20 PM »
"Most accidents happen when the meek meet the douchebags."  -Viffergyrl
"The wider the road, the worse the food." -Coho
Let's do some science.

Offline mxvet57

• Contributor
  • Loud horns save lives
« Reply #110 on: March 19, 2014, 08:08:54 PM »

Every day is my birthday

Offline Scratch

• Contributor
« Reply #111 on: March 21, 2014, 08:34:16 PM »

Online HipGnosis

• It's Hip, ya know
« Reply #112 on: March 22, 2014, 09:45:51 PM »
Gumtree user conned out of £80 gets 'revenge' on seller - by sending him the complete works of Shakespeare by TEXT

A furious graphic designer who was ripped off on Gumtree (a UK classified listings site) took revenge on the internet seller - by bombarding him with the entire works of Shakespeare by text.

Edd Joseph, 24, bought a PS3 games console online for £80 only for the vendor to fail to deliver the goods.

He'd bought the console and a bundle of games from a seller in Derby two weeks ago, but paid by direct bank transfer - giving him no protection when the online conman refused to send the goods or provide a refund.

Edd, from Bristol, found he can simply copy the words from the internet and paste them into a text message - without costing him a penny on his unlimited mobile phone package.

He sends it as one text but his ‘victim’ can only receive them in 160 character chunks - meaning the 37 works of Shakespeare will buzz through in 29,305 individual texts.

So far Edd has sent 22 plays including Hamlet, Macbeth and Othello which have been delivered in 17,424 texts.

He reckons the remaining 15 works will take another few days to send - meaning his adversary's phone will have been constantly beeping for nearly a WEEK.

Edd said: 'I was really annoyed and I was trying to think of ways of being more in the position of power because I felt so helpless about it.

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/gumtree-user-conned-out-of-%C2%A380-gets-revenge-on-seller---by-sending-him-the-complete-works-of-shakespeare-by-text-141913559.html#JUhhXTq

Offline CLAY

• Super Moderator
  • Help me Mr. Wizard!!!
  • Motorcycles: '03 Bandit 1200S, '97 XR650L, '79 XS650 Tracker, '75 XS650 Standard
« Reply #113 on: March 23, 2014, 08:57:41 AM »
Brilliant.  I may have done something like that once about 6-7 years ago when former students decided to begin prank calling me on my cell.  I set up an old dial-up modem I had with the computer and rigged it to call them back for a week straight.  It would ring for 10 rings or until it had answer (whichever came first), then try to connect (leaving the annoying tones on VM until the VM box was full), hang up and redial.  24 hours a day, for a full week.  That fixed it.

I heard about the same technique used a few years earlier with some dude that was upset about wrong charges he had for something-or-other.  He told the company he would set his modem to auto-dial their 800 number, charging them, until they rectified the situation.  He started, and they fixed the charges.

Of course I'm not sure about the legality of these things.   :shrug:
Let's do some science.

Online Meemuh

• Contributor
  • Motorcycles: '91 Nighthawk.

Offline xsrider

• Contributor
  • Be seeing you.
  • Motorcycles: '14 Tiger 800
« Reply #115 on: March 27, 2014, 09:16:07 AM »
North Korea: Students required to get Kim Jong-un haircut

http://www.bbc.com/news/blogs-news-from-elsewhere-26747649

IBA #14938
Stay healthy, my friend.

Offline mxvet57

• Contributor
  • Loud horns save lives
« Reply #116 on: March 27, 2014, 10:34:39 AM »
That's one bad hair cut.

Every day is my birthday

Offline Cablebandit

• Contributor
  • Pig Pilot
    • https://www.facebook.com/TheCablebandits
  • Motorcycles: A Blue One
« Reply #117 on: March 27, 2014, 12:35:20 PM »
Report: Ukraine military dolphins to switch nationalities, join Russian navy

(CNN) -- Just when you thought this divorce couldn't get any messier.

Weeks after Russia annexed Ukraine's Crimea region, it plans to take custody of dolphins in the nation as well.

Not just any dolphins. These highly trained military mammals detect risks such as sea mines or enemy scuba divers trying to slip through. Sea mines are sophisticated weapons that can sink ships and other watercraft.

"The combat dolphin program in the Crimean city of Sevastopol will be preserved and redirected toward the interests of the Russian navy," state-run Russian news agency RIA Novosti reported Thursday.

Dolphins are a crucial part of open-water security. They detect sounds and objects in murky waters that human beings can't, making them uniquely effective at highlighting dangers on the sea floor.

Ukraine was using outdated military equipment for the dolphin program and planned to disband it next month, RIA Novosti said.

The Ukraine Defense Ministry told CNN that the nation has an ocean dolphin facility but declined to provide details, saying they're classified.

The dolphin program dates to the 1960s, when Russia and Ukraine were part of the Soviet Union, but was handed over to Kiev after independence, RIA Novosti said.

The U.S. Navy in San Diego also trains dolphins and sea lions to help protect its assets and find dangerous objects underwater.

Tensions between Moscow and Kiev have escalated since Russia reclaimed the Crimea region after a referendum this month that overwhelmingly supported the annexation. The United States and its allies have pledged to isolate Russia for its actions.

Ukraine also has combat sea lions that operate under the same base. It's unclear whether they'll be barking allegiances to Moscow or Kiev.

Offline xsrider

• Contributor
  • Be seeing you.
  • Motorcycles: '14 Tiger 800
Rolex 'Snatched'
« Reply #118 on: April 01, 2014, 08:44:24 PM »
http://www.reviewjournal.com/news/private-massage-ends-arrest

By FRANCIS McCABE
LAS VEGAS REVIEW-JOURNAL

Christina Lafave did the time. Now she’s charged with the crime.

The caper of the missing $35,000 Rolex Presidential watch began with drinks and some chit-chat between Lafave and 66-year-old Kenneth Herold at Wynn Las Vegas’ B Bar on a January night.

Soon the two were heading upstairs to Herold’s suite after he forked over three $100 bills for a private massage offered by the 25-year-old Lafave.

On his left wrist, as seen on security surveillance, was the yellow-colored timepiece. Rolex Presidential watches range in price from $10,000 to upwards of $30,000. The more expensive ones often are encrusted with jewels, such as diamonds.

A few hours later, about 3 a.m. on Jan. 15, Herold called Wynn security to his suite.

Accusations began to fly. Herold said Lafave stole his watch. She denied it and said Herold was mad because she refused to perform oral sex on him without a condom.

No one had left the room, but the watch was no where to be found.

Lafave then tried to leave, but Wynn security cuffed her and called Metro.

Herold later would tell investigators that once he and Lafave had gone to his room, he disrobed and got onto a massage table that was in the suite. About 30 minutes into the rubdown, Lafave told Herold to take off his watch so she could massage his arms.

He put the watch on the ground within his view. Five to seven minutes later, it was gone.

Lafave steadfastly denied any wrongdoing, so two Metro officers combed the suite for the watch, to no avail.

There was one place they hadn’t looked.

Lafave finally admitted where the watch was, police said.

She was taken to University Medical Center, where she said she was in pain. A search warrant was signed, and an X-ray was taken of Lafave’s midsection.

“Prior to medical staff assisting Lafave with the removal of the watch she admitted to them that she had stolen a watch and concealed the item in her vagina,” a police report said.

Defense lawyer Chris Rasmussen was outraged when he found out the lengths and depths police went to retrieve the watch from his client and is hoping to suppress what he said was an illegal search-and-seizure.

“We intend to file a motion to suppress the medical intrusion,” Rasmussen said. “The search is an unreasonable search when medical providers have to use equipment to conduct an invasive procedure to remove what police believe is evidence.”

Herold and Lafave’s rendezvous was a consensual encounter, Rasmussen said. “We believe he gave her the watch and later he tried to take it back when he wasn’t satisfied with her services. Like any person who works in these hotels, she believed she was going to be compensated for her massage.”

Rasmussen said the case amounts to a 66-year-old man taking advantage of a young local woman.

Clark County prosecutors don’t see it that way. Lafave faces two felony counts, grand larceny and possession of stolen property.

It’s not known whether the watch was returned to its owner or remains in an evidence vault pending Lafave’s trial. Attempts to reach Herold were unsuccessful.

Lafave, who has Metro-issued work cards allowing her to dance at Cheetahs, Cover Girls and Babes strip clubs, is free on $40,000 bail, court records show.

She is set to appear before a Las Vegas judge in the case on May 15. If convicted, Lafave faces one to 20 years in prison.

It’s unknown whether she will get credit for time already served.

Copyright © Stephens Media LLC 2014. All rights reserved. • Privacy Policy
IBA #14938
Stay healthy, my friend.

Offline Scratch

• Contributor
Re: Rolex 'Snatched'
« Reply #119 on: April 02, 2014, 06:27:55 AM »
There was one place they hadn’t looked.

Lafave finally admitted where the watch was, police said.

Takes a licking and keeps on ticking...

Offline Scratch

• Contributor
« Reply #120 on: April 02, 2014, 07:01:05 AM »
So, who won the staring contest?

Police in Chattanooga, Tennessee, made a gruesome discovery over the weekend, finding the skeletal remains of identical twin brothers sitting on recliners inside their home.

http://www.hlntv.com/article/2014/04/01/twins-dead-recliners-chattanooga-tennessee?hpt=hp_t3

Online bedlamite

« Reply #121 on: April 02, 2014, 04:48:13 PM »
http://news.msn.com/world/bangkok-scrap-workers-killed-opening-suspected-ww2-bomb-with-blow-torch

Bangkok scrap workers killed opening suspected WW2 bomb with blow torch: Thai charity workers stand next to a crater created by a bomb explosion at a scrap metal shop in Bangkok, Thailand Wednesday, April 2, 2014. Workers at the scrap shop in Thailand's capital on Wednesday accidentally detonated a large bomb believed to have been dropped during World War II, killing at least seven people and injuring 19 others, police said. AP Photo: Apichart Weerawong
Thai charity workers stand next to a crater created by a bomb explosion at a scrap metal shop in Bangkok, Thailand Wednesday, April 2, 2014. Workers at the scrap shop in Thailand's capital on Wednesday accidentally detonated a large bomb believed to have been dropped during World War II, killing at least seven people and injuring 19 others, police said.

Construction workers found the shell at a construction site and brought it to a warehouse on the outskirts of Bangkok to be cut up.

"We believe the bomb dates back to World War Two and weighed about 227 kg. As they probably did not know (what to do), they used a blow torch to try to cut open the bomb," said police superintendent Kamthorn Uicharoen.
Seven dead after suspected WWII bomb explodes in Bangkok

"The explosion created a three-meter deep crater."

Pools of blood and body parts were scattered on the floor of the warehouse.

Reuters camera footage showed just the shell of the building remained, its interior a mesh of twisted metal as firefighters doused flames and burning embers.

Allied bombing raids on Bangkok began in 1942. Japan was using the country as a staging post for its invasions of Burma and Malaya.

Yeah, opening a bomb with a torch is a really great idea. Congratulations on your Darwin award dumbass.

Online HipGnosis

• It's Hip, ya know
« Reply #122 on: April 03, 2014, 08:11:50 AM »
Man mistakes dead woman's body for April Fools' mannequin

http://www.tampabay.com/news/publicsafety/housing-complex-clerk-mistakes-dead-woman-for-april-fools-mannequin/2173221

ST. PETERSBURG — About 4:30 a.m. Wednesday (April SECOND), Ronald Benjamin took his smoke break outside Peterborough Apartments, where he has worked as a desk clerk for nine years.
Benjamin, 61, looked onto the patio and saw a shape on the ground. It looked to him like a mannequin.
 An April Fools' Day joke, he concluded, and went back to work.
Two hours later, another employee of the senior housing complex told Benjamin about the shape on the patio. It was just a prank, Benjamin assured her.
When a woman and her teen son came by to deliver the Tampa Bay Times, Benjamin asked the boy to help him move the mannequin into a Dumpster.
He grabbed the shoes and the teen clasped a handful of clothes, which was topped with a ball of whitish-gray hair. It weighed almost nothing, Benjamin noted, as they heaved it into the trash.
Benjamin saw what looked like blood, but he thought it was fake.
Hours later, other workers at the complex discovered that the shape in the dumpster was not a mannequin, but a 96-year-old resident of the complex who had jumped 16 stories to her death.
They called Benjamin, whose shift had ended by then, and told him to come back.
He was stunned when he was told that it was a person.
"It's all I've thought about all day," Benjamin told a Times reporter at his home Wednesday evening. "I haven't slept all day."
Benjamin said the woman's face looked rubbery and formless, like a Halloween mask discarded on the ground. The bars had let out only an hour or so prior and he figured someone out for April Fools' Day had tossed it onto the property.
"I'm telling you, I swear to God, the face looked like a rubber mask," he said as he sat on his couch stroking his aging Yorkshire terrier on his lap. "If I thought for one instant it was a real person I would have called the police, my manager, everyone I could think of."
Police said they believe Benjamin honestly thought he saw a mannequin. They plan no criminal charges.
"Because of the height the woman fell it actually might have caused her features to be distorted, and possibly not look human to the unsuspecting eye," said St. Petersburg police spokesman Mike Puetz.
However, the complex fired Benjamin.

Offline Scratch

• Contributor
« Reply #123 on: April 03, 2014, 08:12:31 AM »
Ooopsie!  :redface:

Blundering bomber 'blew himself up after forgetting to put his watch forward and device went off too soon'

Police believe a device may have exploded in Dublin on Sunday because a gangster forget about the Daylight Saving Time change.

A blundering bomber was being hunted last night after a powerful device he attached to a car exploded in his face.

The injured criminal fled the scene in Dublin “dripping in blood” on Sunday night after the device went off early.

It had been attached to a Volvo SUV belonging to a local businessman.

One of the theories is the suspect forgot about the clocks changing.

A source said: “It would appear that the bomber got his timings wrong. It could be a case where he didn’t put his watch forward on Sunday [at 1am] and the timer went off too soon.”

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/bomber-blew-himself-up-after-3320761#ixzz2xpQSnISa

Offline Scratch

• Contributor
« Reply #124 on: April 03, 2014, 08:16:22 AM »

Lego is a tool of Satan, warns Polish priest

A Polish priest has warned parents to be on their guard against Lego, warning the plastic blocks are a tool of Satan and can "destroy" children's souls.

In a presentation aimed at parents, Father Slawomir Kostrzewa said the popular Danish toy company had taken a lurch to the dark side with its series of Monster Fighters and Zombie mini-figures, and that they "were about darkness and the world of death".

"Friendly fellows have been replaced by dark monsters," he explained. "These toys can have a negative effect on children. They can destroy their souls and lead them to the dark side."

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/poland/10736999/Lego-is-a-tool-of-Satan-warns-Polish-priest.html

Offline Downs

• Formerly known as Jeepinbanditrider
  • Motorcycles: 1978 GS1000E 2004 VSTROM 650
« Reply #125 on: April 03, 2014, 12:15:17 PM »

Offline Black Hills

• Motorcycles: KTM 1290 Adventure R, KTM300xcw, 1290 SuperDuke
« Reply #126 on: April 03, 2014, 12:21:38 PM »
as a parent who has stepped on a lego in the middle of the night I would tend to agree...
the above are merely the ramblings of a hamfisted fuckwit who has broken too many helmets.

Offline mxvet57

• Contributor
  • Loud horns save lives
« Reply #127 on: April 03, 2014, 12:49:48 PM »
as a parent who has stepped on a lego in the middle of the night I would tend to agree...

Bare foot to.  :lol:

Every day is my birthday

Offline Scratch

• Contributor
« Reply #128 on: April 03, 2014, 03:58:01 PM »

Online squeezer

• Contributor
  • squirrelly geezer
  • Motorcycles: 16 Tiger Xr(x)
« Reply #129 on: April 03, 2014, 06:37:29 PM »
Chupacabra Captured Alive!!

http://abclocal.go.com/wls/story?id=9490487

"You know, I hunted coons 20 years with dogs, and I ain't never seen anything that look like that right there," said neighbor Arlen Parma.

"Coon don't make that noise, or a possum, what makes that noise, I guess a chupacabra does, I don't know," he said.

Awesomeness.
A man with no sig

Online bedlamite

« Reply #130 on: April 04, 2014, 07:37:17 AM »
http://www.grindtv.com/outdoor/outposts/post/skydiver-nearly-gets-hit-by-a-meteorite/

Skydiver nearly gets hit by a meteorite
Norwegian captures first-ever video of an extinguished meteorite that shot past him soon after he deployed his parachute; search for the rock continues

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IIIzckUv2Mo

The meteor passes at 18 seconds into the video. It's not a meteorite until it hits the ground.

Offline CLAY

• Super Moderator
  • Help me Mr. Wizard!!!
« Reply #131 on: April 04, 2014, 08:16:41 AM »
That is incredible.  Thousands of these things hit the earth every day- we get tons of matter added by them- but they rarely get caught on camera like that- amazing footage.
Let's do some science.

Offline Mac

• Just got out of prison
  • Motorcycles: none
« Reply #132 on: April 04, 2014, 11:53:47 AM »
Are they sure somebody on the drop plane didn't just chunk a rock at him?
May I mambo dogface to the banana patch?

Offline kneescrubber

• Contributor
« Reply #133 on: April 05, 2014, 12:24:39 PM »
http://www.forbes.com/sites/susanadams/2014/04/04/only-25-of-americans-take-their-paid-vacation/

Are you planning to take time off for Passover or Easter this month? Will you go on a two-week holiday this summer? If not, you’re like the 75% of Americans who fail to take all the paid vacation they are due each year.

I'll admit I didn't take all of my vacation the last 2 years. And I only get 10 days.  :P
Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Online Papa Lazarou

• Contributor
  • For further information, please re-read.
  • Motorcycles: Moto Guzzi Griso 1200SE Diablo Rosso
« Reply #134 on: April 06, 2014, 07:08:21 AM »
AMERICA - "5am call from our London office:
   'We have a dangerously ill crew member on a
   ship 150 miles offshore from you. Get him ashore
   and into a hospital!' Not a normal part of my
   job, but after a few phone calls the crew member
   was flown directly to the roof of a hospital.
   Where he was declared dead.

Since he was dying, the man had neglected to
   bring his passport - a reckless oversight as
   US Immigration determined that, since he was
   declared dead after landing, he must have
   entered the US alive and would have to have
   his passport stamped before the body could be
   released. His passport was on its way to North
   Africa. Even though we got the diplomats
   involved, Immigration would not budge. It took
   three weeks to get it to Immigration and
   release his body."
Putting the laughter back into manslaughter

Offline I'm NOT Carl

• Weirdo Freak
  • Motorcycles: 2013 Kawasaki Concours, 2002 Suzuki Hayabusa, 1989 Honda Transalp
« Reply #135 on: April 06, 2014, 08:26:25 AM »
http://www.forbes.com/sites/susanadams/2014/04/04/only-25-of-americans-take-their-paid-vacation/

Are you planning to take time off for Passover or Easter this month? Will you go on a two-week holiday this summer? If not, you’re like the 75% of Americans who fail to take all the paid vacation they are due each year.

I'll admit I didn't take all of my vacation the last 2 years. And I only get 10 days.  :P

Didn't read the article but, I never take all my vacation. Since sick time is part of vacation hours, I'm hesitent to use it all up in case I do get sick. Company has a policy of letting you roll over 40 hours of vacation, the rest is lost. So I do make sure to take all but 40 hours.

On the plus side, I've been with the company 6.5 years so have 5 weeks of vacation a year, 6 with the 40 in the bank.

Carl
 No matter where you go, there you are.

Offline sodapop6620

• Motorcycles: 4
« Reply #136 on: April 06, 2014, 04:45:37 PM »
Hostess Twinkies Are Invented (1930)
The Twinkie was invented by baker James Dewar, who noticed that the shop's shortcake pans were only used during the strawberry season and otherwise sat idle. His thrifty idea to use the pans during the off-season led to the development of the banana-filled Twinkie snack cake. During a World War II banana shortage, vanilla filling replaced the original banana. Twinkies disappeared from US shelves in 2012 when Hostess declared bankruptcy but returned in 2013. What is the "Twinkie defense"?

http://encyclopedia.thefreedictionary.com/Twinkie

Offline kneescrubber

• Contributor
« Reply #137 on: April 09, 2014, 06:44:33 AM »
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/woman-arrested-911-call-quality-marijuana-article-1.1748624?utm_content=buffer8e60e&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer#ixzz2yEYWw6yw

Lufkin police Sgt. David Casper said Monday that an officer went to the home of 37-year-old Evelyn Hamilton to hear her complaint that the dealer refused to return her money after she objected that the drug was substandard.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Offline mxvet57

• Contributor
  • Loud horns save lives
« Reply #138 on: April 09, 2014, 07:55:39 AM »
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/woman-arrested-911-call-quality-marijuana-article-1.1748624?utm_content=buffer8e60e&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer#ixzz2yEYWw6yw

Lufkin police Sgt. David Casper said Monday that an officer went to the home of 37-year-old Evelyn Hamilton to hear her complaint that the dealer refused to return her money after she objected that the drug was substandard.

This one deserves a big   :facepalm:

Every day is my birthday

Offline kneescrubber

• Contributor
« Reply #139 on: April 09, 2014, 07:56:35 AM »

Everyone knows cops have the best stuff.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Offline mxvet57

• Contributor
  • Loud horns save lives
« Reply #140 on: April 09, 2014, 08:03:29 AM »

Everyone knows cops have the best stuff.

Cue up the Cheech & Chong.

Every day is my birthday

Online HipGnosis

• It's Hip, ya know
« Reply #141 on: April 09, 2014, 09:11:32 AM »
Nearly nude woman trashes Florida McDonalds

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/features/blogs/gone-viral/os-topless-woman-trashes-florida-mcdonald-20140408,0,7271654.post

The security footage was posted without permission to the video-sharing site LiveLeak.com

March 24; 41-year-old Sandra Suarez arrived at the Pinellas Park McDonald's wearing nothing but bathing suit bottoms around 10:50 p.m. She was clutching her clothes in her hand but refused to get dressed despite employees' requests, according to the Tampa Bay Times.
That's when she went into a rampage causing about $10,000 worth of damage.
Although there's no audio, the woman appears to be screaming as she bangs her head on the counter, empties a refrigerator and throws food.
She then stops to eat some ice cream straight from the soft serve machine.
The McDonald's employees who posted the video have been fired.

- - - - - - - -
The video on the link above is safe for work.  The article includes a link to the NSFW video on LiveLink.

I'm glad to see a woman that's comfortable with her body...

Offline stew71

• Contributor
  • Hey...don't act like you're not impressed.
  • Motorcycles: 2007 Triumph Tiger
« Reply #142 on: April 16, 2014, 02:26:43 PM »
MIKE BLOOMBERG: 'I've Earned My Place In Heaven — It's Not Even Close'

http://www.businessinsider.com/michael-bloomberg-nra-elections-gun-control-violence-2014-4

Bloomberg detailed his plans in an interview with the New York Times published Monday — in which he predicted his crusades against guns, smoking, and obesity would serve him well in the afterlife.

"I am telling you if there is a God, when I get to heaven I’m not stopping to be interviewed. I am heading straight in. I have earned my place in heaven. It’s not even close," Bloomberg said.

News flash, Dooshbag. I think the land lord might have a few words to say on the matter. You know...that whole pride thing??

With enough thrust, a pig flies just fine.

Offline stew71

• Contributor
  • Hey...don't act like you're not impressed.
  • Motorcycles: 2007 Triumph Tiger
« Reply #143 on: April 16, 2014, 02:42:13 PM »
North Korean officials visit salon over Kim Jong-un 'bad hair' advert

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-london-27038723

Karim Nabbach said: "We put up posters for an offer for men's hair cuts through the month of April. Obviously in the current news there has been this story that North Korean men are only allowed one haircut.

"We didn't realise but the North Korean embassy is a 10-minute walk from the salon. The next day we had North Korean officials pop into the salon asking to speak to the manager.

"He said 'listen this isn't North Korea, this is England, we live in a democracy so I'm afraid you're going to have to get out of my salon'."

With enough thrust, a pig flies just fine.

Offline CLAY

• Super Moderator
  • Help me Mr. Wizard!!!
« Reply #144 on: April 18, 2014, 11:09:46 AM »
Legitimate news story:

Billboard hopes to catch serial pooper
YPSILANTI, Mich. (AP) — A billboard along Interstate 94 is part of an effort to help catch a person who has been soiling slides at an Ypsilanti playground over the last six months.

WJBK-TV reports Adams Outdoor Advertising put eye-catching messages such as “Help us flush the pooper” and “Do your civic doody, report the pooper” on an electronic billboard about the case.

Earlier this month, officials in Ypsilanti said they were taking measures to put a stop to the so-called mystery pooper. Police or other Ypsilanti employees have been stopping at Prospect Park each morning to make sure another surprise was not left overnight.

The park sits near a school and features a basketball court, a tennis court being used as a skateboarding venue as well as a picnic area.

http://woodtv.com/2014/04/18/billboard-hopes-to-catch-serial-pooper/
Let's do some science.

Offline mxvet57

• Contributor
  • Loud horns save lives
« Reply #145 on: April 18, 2014, 12:27:57 PM »
Is there paper evidence to.

Every day is my birthday

Online miles

• Contributor
  • Motorcycles: Two of them
« Reply #146 on: April 18, 2014, 11:15:01 PM »
Police find bodies of seven babies in Utah home

Utah police have arrested a 39-year-old woman in connection with the discovery of seven infants' bodies in the garage of a home in a small community 40 minutes south of Salt Lake City.
Pleasant Grove Police Capt. Michael Roberts told the Los Angeles Times on Sunday that investigators think Megan Huntsman gave birth to all of the infants between 1996 and 2006 and then killed them.
“We believe she birthed each baby and then killed it after it was born,” he said.
Police made the grisly finding Saturday morning in the town of 35,000 after the woman’s estranged husband, who was cleaning the garage prior to moving back into the home, found a dead infant and called authorities. Huntsman had moved out of the house in 2011 and was living nearby.
Police served a search warrant and found six more tiny bodies in cardboard boxes in the garage, Roberts said. “I’ve never seen anything like this. It’s shocking.”

http://www.latimes.com/nation/nationnow/la-na-nn-utah-dead-babies-20140413,0,6674360.story#ixzz2zIo0uNfu
Your mother was a hamster and your father smelled of elderberries

Online Papa Lazarou

• Contributor
  • For further information, please re-read.
  • Motorcycles: Moto Guzzi Griso 1200SE Diablo Rosso
« Reply #147 on: April 19, 2014, 03:25:40 AM »
Putting the laughter back into manslaughter

Online bedlamite

« Reply #148 on: April 19, 2014, 09:05:26 AM »
Arlington Kroger Manager Was Fired For Body-Slamming a Shoplifter

http://blogs.dallasobserver.com/unfairpark/2014/04/arlington_kroger_manager_fight.php

Offline CLAY

• Super Moderator
  • Help me Mr. Wizard!!!
« Reply #149 on: April 22, 2014, 08:29:59 AM »
Not really weird, but awesome.  Ketchup water problem solved by two high school students and a 3D printer:
Let's do some science.