Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: EBR 1190SX Superfighter unveiled  (Read 1908 times)

Offline Moto Morphin Power Ranger

• Ottenere una moto vera
  • Motorcycles: 2009 Moto-Guzzi Griso 8V, 1978 Yamaha XS1100
EBR 1190SX Superfighter unveiled
« on: July 01, 2014, 10:43:29 AM »
From
 http://www.fasterandfaster.net/

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

The 185bhp EBR 1190SX Superfighter will unleash living hell on European streetfighters. Watch out, BMW, Aprilia and KTM!

After the recent 1190RX superbike, Erik Buell Racing have now unveiled the EBR 1190SX, a naked streetfighter-style sportsbike with "uncompromised superbike race-bred performance and handling." The 1190SX shares the 1190RX’s high-tech, liquid-cooled, fuel-injected 1190cc V-twin that pumps out 185 horsepower (measured at the crank) and 138Nm of torque. In terms of power output, these figures take the EBR 1190SX straight into the league of European supernakeds like the BMW S1000R, Aprilia Tuono V4R and KTM 1290 Super Duke R.

"The streetfighter classification, which was so revolutionary when we first came to market, is now being used by marketing people for all sorts of motorcycles, including some thinly-disguised standard bikes that have de-tuned or obsolete powertrains. So, perhaps the appropriate new name for a bike like the 1190SX is "Superfighter,"" says Erik Buell. Compared to the 1190RX, the new 1190SX features a more upright riding position, wider handlebars and minimalist bodywork.

Suggested MRP for the EBR 1190SX is $16,995 and available colours include white, red and black. Shipments to EBR dealers will begin early this month, so maybe now's a good time to pay a visit to your nearest EBR dealership!

The humiliation I suffered that day will not go unpunished. My pain is the bubbling cauldron of molten steel that will forge the saber of your demise. I shall not be denied my vengeance Haa Ha Ha HaaHa Ha Ha Ha

Offline Max Wedge

• Contributor
  • Engineering Pathologist
  • Motorcycles: '10 R1200GS
Re: EBR 1190SX Superfighter unveiled
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2014, 11:10:35 AM »
Were the front wheels leftovers from the Buell days? Don't really match.  :shrug:
Other than that it looks pretty contemporary.
You never see a motorcycle parked outside a psychiatrists' office.
Where am I?

Offline tyrroneous

• Motorcycles: Daytona 675, SV650 (wifes) and some dirt bikes.
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2014, 02:34:01 PM »
Nope, no leftovers.  These wheels were designed in-house specifically for the EBR 1190's.  If you get the chance to fondle one of them, you'll be amazed at how light weight these wheels are.  I'm guessing that a lot of out-of-the-box thinking went in to designing them. 

Offline Moto Morphin Power Ranger

• Ottenere una moto vera
  • Motorcycles: 2009 Moto-Guzzi Griso 8V, 1978 Yamaha XS1100
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2014, 02:51:53 PM »
I would love to get my hands on one!

The humiliation I suffered that day will not go unpunished. My pain is the bubbling cauldron of molten steel that will forge the saber of your demise. I shall not be denied my vengeance Haa Ha Ha HaaHa Ha Ha Ha