Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: What did you do to your bike today  (Read 745999 times)

Online CLAY

• Super Moderator
  • Help me Mr. Wizard!!!
  • Motorcycles: '03 Bandit 1200S, '03 SV1K, '79 XS650 Tracker, '75 XS650 Standard
Re: What did you do to your bike today
« Reply #4400 on: February 15, 2021, 03:18:03 PM »
Put a Power Commander III in the SV1K.  Plenty of time for work on it with temps in the single digits and more snow scheduled for tonight.
"Most accidents happen when the meek meet the douchebags."  -Viffergyrl
"The wider the road, the worse the food." -Coho
Let's do some science.

Online Black Hills

• Motorcycles: KTM 1290 Adventure R, KTM300xcw, 1290 SuperDuke
« Reply #4401 on: February 15, 2021, 03:29:03 PM »
plugged the battery tender into each one until they were topped off with electrons. did the annual wash/inspect/repair/replace on the 300
the above are merely the ramblings of a hamfisted fuckwit who has broken too many helmets.

Online Andrew

• Contributor
  • Motorcycles: Got a Few
« Reply #4402 on: February 15, 2021, 08:13:24 PM »
Not really a motorcycle, but I did get the lawn mower running. Simple carb cleaning in the ultrasonic bath, flushed the tank, and cleaned the plug.  Starts up on first pull  :D

When it stops raining and dries out a bit, my son will want to use it. 
Freedom without regulations that protect the general good is nothing less than anarchy by the rich.

"Riders might be worse than Kardashians for stupidity any more." Cornbe

Offline Bounce

• Contributor
    • FJR-Tips
  • Motorcycles: Yes
« Reply #4403 on: February 17, 2021, 05:52:47 PM »
I learned that pulling the battery pack off my e-bike gives me hella external capacity to recharge my cell phone during this danged blackout. 3 days and counting.

Offline BuckeyeRider

• Not all who wander are lost.
  • Motorcycles: A Little 'Un
« Reply #4404 on: February 17, 2021, 09:24:42 PM »
I kick-started mine... Temps briefly got up to around 60, so I decided to make a food run to the grocery store. Battery didn't even come close to turning it over. It's a non-fuelie and is cranky about cold weather in the best of times. Three days of freezing weather left it not inclined to start.

To make matters worse, my choke cable stopped working long ago, so I had to reach down and manually hit the choke lever, while holding the front brake in neutral and kick it into submission.

Took a while, but it eventually decided to start (and stay running). Bundled up and made a quick trip to the store. Forecast is still calling for near freezing at night and highs in the low 50s for the next couple of days..

Something to be said for a little bike with a kick-start. It wasn't happy about it, but it started and ran fine. Eventually.

Offline Baxter

• Contributor
  • I broke the internet!
  • Motorcycles: Ninjette Noire
« Reply #4405 on: February 24, 2021, 05:22:06 PM »
I bought a cushier rider seat for Ms. Noire last summer, but the cover was different from the pillion seat.  I sent the pillion seat to the supplier a few weeks ago and just received it back, looks good and they were even able to duplicate the hand strap.

The company is Norton Powersports from San Diego. They specialize in race parts for Kawi Ninja 400s and Z400s, and also Yammi R3s.
People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing every day.  --Winnie the Pooh

Online melville

• Motorcycles: R75/6, Yamaha 850 (very) Special
« Reply #4406 on: February 24, 2021, 10:44:09 PM »
It was Monday, but we went for a ride and I changed the oil afterwards.

We now have Senas and it wasn't the end of the fuckin' world to have each other in our ears.  In fact, she spotted a flock of wild turkeys (our spirit animal) and was able to alert me to them.  I'd have missed them otherwise.
Call me Mel. Some years ago- never mind how long precisely- having little or no money in my purse, and nothing particular to interest me at home, I thought I would ride about a little and see the other parts of the world. It is a way I have of driving off the spleen and regulating the circulation.

Online Papa Lazarou

• Contributor
  • For further information, please re-read.
  • Motorcycles: Moto Guzzi Griso 1200SE Diablo Rosso
« Reply #4407 on: February 25, 2021, 05:24:59 AM »
looked at the Velo Solex. Ordered more spares for it. Too lazy and too cold to work on it.
Putting the laughter back into manslaughter

Online Leanintree

• Yay Motorcycles!
  • Motorcycles: yes
« Reply #4408 on: February 26, 2021, 10:18:16 AM »
Pulled apart the wifeys Bandit6 to clean carbs pre-spring sale. Turned out to be pretty useless, I expected them to be cruddy from sitting unused, but I guess yearly spring maintenance and Stabil has done fairly well. Carbs weren't cruddy at all, but a spritz of cleaner and some attention never hurt anything. Going back in over the weekend likely.

HOWEVER... Because I'm a dumbass, I whacked the petcock knob on the frame when removing the tank, and busted the pot-metal turny-flappy-mcwhizzle (technical terms people, never short-change the language!). My super-welder wouldn't even touch it because it was crappy cast, so I have a replacement on the way. Is it wrong that I cheaped-out on the replacement since I'm selling the bike? $15 unit with short metal paddle knob vs. OEM/OEM style with long, easily damaged extension knob for $70-$115? I feel better replacing it than JB Welding it however...

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

visitors can't see pics , please register or login
Great googly-moogly!

Online Black Hills

• Motorcycles: KTM 1290 Adventure R, KTM300xcw, 1290 SuperDuke
« Reply #4409 on: February 26, 2021, 10:23:19 AM »
looked at it sitting there with the tank off while the parts needed to put it back together have apparently disappeared somewhere between leaving salt Lake on the 17th and arriving in my mailbox?
the above are merely the ramblings of a hamfisted fuckwit who has broken too many helmets.