Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: What did you do to your bike today  (Read 662515 times)

Online Papa Lazarou

• Contributor
  • For further information, please re-read.
  • Motorcycles: Moto Guzzi Griso 1200SE Diablo Rosso
Re: What did you do to your bike today
« Reply #4250 on: June 12, 2020, 04:44:19 AM »
seat is now filled with memory foam, bar risers on a while ago, new (Rizoma) bars, adjustable foot pegs. nearly sorted for long journeys.
Putting the laughter back into manslaughter

Online melville

• Motorcycles: R75/6, Yamaha 850 (very) Special
« Reply #4251 on: June 12, 2020, 07:59:10 AM »
Added 1/2 qt of oil.  Not bad for over 2K miles.  My car leaks/burns twice as much.
Call me Mel. Some years ago- never mind how long precisely- having little or no money in my purse, and nothing particular to interest me at home, I thought I would ride about a little and see the other parts of the world. It is a way I have of driving off the spleen and regulating the circulation.

Online HipGnosis

• It's Hip, ya know
  • Motorcycles: F800ST(low), Ninja 650(R) ... Indian Scout (RIP)
« Reply #4252 on: June 12, 2020, 11:58:51 AM »
My F800ST came with two seats. The second one was bought with intention of having it re-padded and covered.   The previous owner had a lower back problem from a bicycle incident and thought / hoped different padding would help.  But his back worsened and he sold the F800 (to me).
The seat that was on the F800 (I have no way of knowing which seat actually came with the bike) was ok, but it had a soft spot where the previous owner sat, which was about an inch (and a half?) forward of where I sit, and I'd gradually, slowly slide forward... which was annoying.
The 2nd seat does NOT have a soft spot. Which is very pleasing.
Life is made up of moments, small pieces of glittering mica in a long stretch of gray cement. We have to teach ourselves how to make room for them, to love them, and to live, really live. - Anna Quindlen

Online radon222

• Contributor
  • It's all Scratch's fault
  • Motorcycles: R1200GSAW, R1200RT
« Reply #4253 on: June 12, 2020, 01:11:12 PM »
My F800ST came with two seats. The second one was bought with intention of having it re-padded and covered.   The previous owner had a lower back problem from a bicycle incident and thought / hoped different padding would help.  But his back worsened and he sold the F800 (to me).
The seat that was on the F800 (I have no way of knowing which seat actually came with the bike) was ok, but it had a soft spot where the previous owner sat, which was about an inch (and a half?) forward of where I sit, and I'd gradually, slowly slide forward... which was annoying.
The 2nd seat does NOT have a soft spot. Which is very pleasing.

If they are both stock BMW seats,  pleasing won't last too long   :-X

Online Andrew

• Contributor
  • Motorcycles: Got a Few
« Reply #4254 on: June 12, 2020, 08:42:47 PM »
Added air the the tires, been looking at 32 f and 33 r for a few days on the dash. I woke up early today so  grabbed the hose from the compressor and popped a few pounds in each, bringing them up to spec. No noticeable difference in ride or feel.
Some days I am absolutely lazy  8)
Freedom without regulations that protect the general good is nothing less than anarchy by the rich.

"Riders might be worse than Kardashians for stupidity any more." Cornbe

Online thatguy

• Motorcycles: a few
« Reply #4255 on: June 12, 2020, 08:55:15 PM »
Mount/balance a new rear tire. 8660 miles. More than I expected and it prob'ly had a few hundred left but I don't like to push my luck that far.
sometimes WTF is the appropriate answer

Online HipGnosis

• It's Hip, ya know
  • Motorcycles: F800ST(low), Ninja 650(R) ... Indian Scout (RIP)
« Reply #4256 on: July 01, 2020, 01:15:51 PM »
I replaced the drive belt. 
The old one only has 11K miles, but it has a small hole in it - a grain of rice could be slid thru it.  But not a dry pea... I don't think.
The longest part was figuring out how to set the tension.  BMW calls for a special tool.   Haynes says to use a spring scale (like weighing fish) and a ruler.  I don't have a spring scale.  A cpl forums recommend setting it with the bike on the center stand.  I don't have one of them...  Finally found a twisting the belt method, buy a guy with the same bike and lives in the same city.  Guess I'll have to see if he wants to meet up someday.
Life is made up of moments, small pieces of glittering mica in a long stretch of gray cement. We have to teach ourselves how to make room for them, to love them, and to live, really live. - Anna Quindlen

Offline Baxter

• Contributor
  • I broke the internet!
  • Motorcycles: Ninjette Noire
« Reply #4257 on: July 01, 2020, 04:16:02 PM »
Ninjette Noire didn't really need a bath, but I gave her a light cleaning just so she could sparkle.  She likes to look good while she passes everybody.  Yep, she's that kinda girl.   :D  And I hit my helmet visor with some headlight polish to remove a few scratches.

So the morning was turned into a light garage day.  The cars didn't need washing, except one fender had apparently offended a violently ill bird so it was washed along with Ms. Noire.  Then I replaced a flat innertube on the Pedal Ninja and lubed the chain.  And while I was out there, I noticed that the shelves I installed a year ago last June had somehow become dusty and grimey.  How could this have possibly happened in my neat and clean garage????  :lol:  So stuff was taken down, cleaned, and reorganized. A few items haven't been used since last year, so it's time for a discussion to see whether they can go away.   :)
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.  --Douglas Adams

Offline Jay547

• Motorcycles: Yamaha FJ-09, Honda CRF450L, Honda CR250, Yamaha AT-125, Suzuki DR200
« Reply #4258 on: July 03, 2020, 08:24:35 PM »
Two of my bikes: oiled chains and checked tires. Haven't decided yet which one to ride tomorrow.