Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: What did you do to your bike today  (Read 731628 times)

Online HipGnosis

• It's Hip, ya know
  • Motorcycles: F800ST(low), Ninja 650
Re: What did you do to your bike today
« Reply #3600 on: June 24, 2018, 09:29:37 AM »
Replaced a worn out mirror
Snapped the gear shift lever off.
I understand snapped gear shift lever.
But I've never heard of, can't comprehend 'worn out mirror'.
Life is made up of moments, small pieces of glittering mica in a long stretch of gray cement. We have to teach ourselves how to make room for them, to love them, and to live, really live. - Anna Quindlen

Offline chornbe

• Contributor
    • The Pace Motorcycle Podcast
  • Motorcycles: Honda DN-01
« Reply #3601 on: June 24, 2018, 11:02:25 AM »

They're known to get a little floppy.

Today I did some maintenance work on Liz's car, then shifted gears, tore down the ass end of her FZ09 to put it back to stock so the Delaware DMV doesn't get their panties in a bunch when I go back to get it tagged. I kinda hate fender eliminators on street bikes; they're attention getting things that just make it harder to clean the bike as everything gets in under the seat on most of them because the aftermarket parts fit like a blind man designed them.

So it's moved to a corner of the garage while I wait for parts.

Did more of the tear down on the Burgman that's in for work; I need to knuckle down and give that more time and attention; I feel bad it's taking so long, but work has been kicking my ass lately, and I thought I'd have more freed-up weekends of late than I have.

Pulling the wheels off the PC800 for tires, and then replacing the regulator on the bonnie because it's English.

Then I'm grabbing a cold beer and lighting the grill, and I'm not doing no nuffin' the rest of the day.
this signature on hold pending review

Offline Cablebandit

• Contributor
  • Pig Pilot
    • https://www.facebook.com/TheCablebandits
  • Motorcycles: A Blue One
« Reply #3602 on: June 24, 2018, 03:12:40 PM »

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Online maddjack

• Contributor
  • UFO PILOT
  • Motorcycles: KLz1000 Versys
« Reply #3603 on: June 24, 2018, 03:19:06 PM »

[/quote]

Paint it black and orange and sell it to the HD people as a high tech willie G kickstand pad.
VIVA EL STINKO

The little red bike is gone , sniff sniff, but the Batbike has begun.

Offline chornbe

• Contributor
« Reply #3604 on: June 24, 2018, 09:17:33 PM »
Paint it black and orange and sell it to the HD people as a high tech willie G kickstand pad.

If you do, don't forget the Made In Maylasia sticker. They love that.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2018, 07:31:37 AM by chornbe »

Offline minimac

• Practicing Neanderthal, Nuclear Nomad
  • Motorcycles: GL1500A, Silverwing, ̶M̶a̶j̶e̶s̶t̶y̶, Morphous
« Reply #3605 on: June 25, 2018, 07:35:28 AM »

Did more of the tear down on the Burgman that's in for work; I need to knuckle down and give that more time and attention; I feel bad it's taking so long, but work has been kicking my ass lately, and I thought I'd have more freed-up weekends of late than I have.....Then I'm grabbing a cold beer and lighting the grill, and I'm not doing no nuffin' the rest of the day.

Grab two or three cold ones! The trip I had planned for July will be done on the Goldwing. There is another planned for the first two weeks of September, but I'd rather have it done right, than rushed, and I still have the Goldwing or Majesty to use, if I have to.
 Back on subject-Ordered a new rear tire for the GL1500. After 5 years and 30K miles, the car tire is getting close to the wear bars.
old enough to know better

Offline chornbe

• Contributor
« Reply #3606 on: June 25, 2018, 09:01:24 AM »

Did more of the tear down on the Burgman that's in for work; I need to knuckle down and give that more time and attention; I feel bad it's taking so long, but work has been kicking my ass lately, and I thought I'd have more freed-up weekends of late than I have.....Then I'm grabbing a cold beer and lighting the grill, and I'm not doing no nuffin' the rest of the day.

:thumbsup:

Grab two or three cold ones! The trip I had planned for July will be done on the Goldwing. There is another planned for the first two weeks of September, but I'd rather have it done right, than rushed, and I still have the Goldwing or Majesty to use, if I have to.
 Back on subject-Ordered a new rear tire for the GL1500. After 5 years and 30K miles, the car tire is getting close to the wear bars.

If you want to shake it up a little, you're welcome to grab something from my garage, too. I won't offer Liz's FZ09 because she'd kill me in my sleep if it wasn't available for every time she opens the garage. :) But I've got a Bonneville, Bandit, and a PC800 sitting here. The Bandit is the 2-up bike, or the long distance bike, and it's been tip-to-tip gone over and all maintenance is set. The Bonne belongs to a friend, but I'm riding it indefinitely, and it's on my insurance, ready to go. It's my daily rider.

Offline minimac

• Practicing Neanderthal, Nuclear Nomad
  • Motorcycles: GL1500A, Silverwing, ̶M̶a̶j̶e̶s̶t̶y̶, Morphous
« Reply #3607 on: June 25, 2018, 10:33:09 AM »
Thanks for the offer, but I'm good. I'm not concerned    ;)
old enough to know better

Offline Virginian

• Contributor
  • Motorcycles: '18 Honda CRF250L Rally, '14 Vespa 946 Bellissma, '14 HD Wide Glide, '20 Vespa GTS 300 HPE
« Reply #3608 on: June 25, 2018, 03:46:24 PM »

:thumbsup:

If you want to shake it up a little, you're welcome to grab something from my garage, too. I won't offer Liz's FZ09 because she'd kill me in my sleep if it wasn't available for every time she opens the garage. :) But I've got a Bonneville, Bandit, and a PC800 sitting here. The Bandit is the 2-up bike, or the long distance bike, and it's been tip-to-tip gone over and all maintenance is set. The Bonne belongs to a friend, but I'm riding it indefinitely, and it's on my insurance, ready to go. It's my daily rider.

Uhhhhmmm... Isn't it about time to come out of the closet on the PC800? Worlds largest scooter. ;)
Show up on time, do your best and don't grumble about the outcome.

Online Papa Lazarou

• Contributor
  • For further information, please re-read.
  • Motorcycles: Moto Guzzi Griso 1200SE Diablo Rosso
« Reply #3609 on: June 26, 2018, 02:12:22 AM »
If you do, don't forget the Made In Maylasia sticker. They love that.

snigger
Putting the laughter back into manslaughter

Offline chornbe

• Contributor
« Reply #3610 on: June 26, 2018, 07:45:32 AM »
Uhhhhmmm... Isn't it about time to come out of the closet on the PC800? Worlds largest scooter. ;)

Oh, no real closet or secret... Since the Triumph Thunderbird Liz bought me didn't work out, she got me this. <3

'97, 40k miles, damned little money, not ridden much the last couple of years, but thankfully enough to keep the carbs from needing any work. Dude was good about prepping the fuel for storage, and running it periodically. I've had to do some minor maintenance, and basically touch everything on the machine with a wrench, just go get to know the machine. I found a weight-class compatible sport radial for the whacky 15" rear tire, so now it's got some kick ass rubber on it, rather than the rock hard cruiser tires that are typically available for this thing. Angel GT up front that I had here already, Pirelli Diablo Corsa on the back. Couple of minor body issues, mostly due to age and brittle crap tupperware, and one tip-over on a trailer by the PO.

For those not familiar with this bike, it's a weird, multi-departmental hybrid thing from Honda; body designed by the Accord team, and the overall design mandate was to bring drivers in as riders, and make it as low-maintenance as possible. They wanted Accord owners to have another option in the garage with the same-enough design intent; what you need and not much more.

But low maintenance and easy to live with were key. It's got the hydraulically-adjusted valve train engine from the Shadow 800, tractable flat power curve (and not a lot of it, mind you!), low seat height, upright ergos, and storage capacity that even the Goldwing sometimes is jealous of. Ridiculously easy to ride and very forgiving. Soft and undersprung from the factory, it benefits greatly from the typical suspension work most bikes really need. Nothing terribly unusual in this thing's mechanical and feature appointments, and it's not known to have more than it really needs.

I lusted after one of these big time when they were new, but couldn't make a new bike happen in my younger years. But now, getting this thing so cheap, and seeing as it's so stupid simple and easy to maintain, it seemed a good, low-cost bet. We fell into it at just the right time for her to be able to snag it for me.

Offline melville

• Motorcycles: R75/6, Yamaha 850 (very) Special
« Reply #3611 on: June 26, 2018, 08:07:45 AM »
OK, I can accept all that except for the 'lusted after when new.'

A PC800 really maxes out at 'kinda sorta thought they were neat when new.'
Call me Mel. Some years ago- never mind how long precisely- having little or no money in my purse, and nothing particular to interest me at home, I thought I would ride about a little and see the other parts of the world. It is a way I have of driving off the spleen and regulating the circulation.

Offline sleazy rider

• Contributor
  • Still not traveling
  • Motorcycles: 1990 Suzuki DR350S, 1974 Suzuki TC100
« Reply #3612 on: June 26, 2018, 01:33:04 PM »
My Chinesium DR350 custom fit rear rotor is in the country!  I hope to see it by the weekend and pray it fits for me. 
--Tom

Offline chornbe

• Contributor
« Reply #3613 on: June 27, 2018, 11:00:48 AM »

For me, it was total bike lust in the day.

I mean, I rode a CB750A full dresser for like 4 years and about 40k miles, and had a ball.

I like oddball machines.

Offline sleazy rider

• Contributor
  • Still not traveling
  • Motorcycles: 1990 Suzuki DR350S, 1974 Suzuki TC100
« Reply #3614 on: June 28, 2018, 02:35:58 PM »
My Chinesium DR350 custom fit rear rotor is in the country!  I hope to see it by the weekend and pray it fits for me.

:banana: :banana:

It's on the wheel and everything clears.  Time to get this bitch put together.
--Tom

Offline Leanintree

• Yay Motorcycles!
  • Motorcycles: yes
« Reply #3615 on: June 30, 2018, 07:18:40 PM »
First full hand wash and brake dust removal of the summer. Turns out that the S/S brake lines may be causing me to brake harder and create more dust...  probably need to replace brakes sooner than expected, but TOTALLY worth it! 2hrs though, jeez I was black from one end  to the other...
LT
Great googly-moogly!

Online Skee

• Contributor
  • Motorcycles: 2019 Versys
« Reply #3616 on: June 30, 2018, 11:56:15 PM »
. Turns out that the S/S brake lines may be causing me to brake harder and create more dust...  probably need to replace brakes sooner than expected...

I understand S/S lines allowing you to apply consistent pressure, and preventing fade, and allowing more pressure to be applied at the caliper because there is no loss in line expansion. 

I’m not understanding the physics behind why that causes you to brake harder.   Still takes the same amount of force on the pad to haul you down from speed to zero.   SS lines allow more force to be applied quickly, as opposed to lower force over a longer time period, but the end result is the same amount of velocity change, just at different rates of acceleration. 

Does that make a difference in brake wear?   Don’t know cause I have always has rubber hoses. 

Just trying to get my head around the dynamics of it.  After 1+ bottles of wine.  Maybe that explains my lack of understanding
The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt.    Bertrand Russell

"The fishermen know that the sea is dangerous and the storm terrible, but they have never found these dangers sufficient reason for remaining ashore."   Vincent van Gogh

Offline Cablebandit

• Contributor
  • Pig Pilot
« Reply #3617 on: July 01, 2018, 08:22:55 AM »
I managed to get the burned boot sole off my midpipe.

Hey Ed, part of my bike is shiny!!

Offline Cablebandit

• Contributor
  • Pig Pilot
« Reply #3618 on: July 01, 2018, 09:07:18 AM »

Online HipGnosis

• It's Hip, ya know
« Reply #3619 on: July 01, 2018, 11:52:18 AM »
I managed to get the burned boot sole off my midpipe.

Hey Ed, part of my bike is shiny!!
Great results. How'd ya do it? 
Life is made up of moments, small pieces of glittering mica in a long stretch of gray cement. We have to teach ourselves how to make room for them, to love them, and to live, really live. - Anna Quindlen

Offline Cablebandit

• Contributor
  • Pig Pilot
« Reply #3620 on: July 01, 2018, 03:06:21 PM »
Mother's Mag & Aluminum Polish and some 0000 steel wool.

Offline oilhed

• Contributor
  • Motorcycles: 2009 K1200LT (trunkless)
« Reply #3621 on: July 02, 2018, 10:08:09 AM »
Mrs.awesome's TW 200 has been sitting idle for over a year. Time to get it mobile again. Installed a new agm battery and it fired up first crank.  Need to get some new tires on it now. Not that they are worn out but because they are the original 1999 tires  :eek:

Cool!   I always wanted to try the more street oriented tires.  Not that the T-dub can break traction on the street with any tire...
MarkF
aka OILHED
Central CT

Offline mr.awesome

• Motorcycles: 04 Triumph Sprint ST, 03 Kawazuki KLX400SR-SM, 99 Yamaha TW200
« Reply #3622 on: July 02, 2018, 01:10:46 PM »
Mrs.awesome's TW 200 has been sitting idle for over a year. Time to get it mobile again. Installed a new agm battery and it fired up first crank.  Need to get some new tires on it now. Not that they are worn out but because they are the original 1999 tires  :eek:

Cool!   I always wanted to try the more street oriented tires.  Not that the T-dub can break traction on the street with any tire...

I've been tempted to do the 80/20 Street biased tires. I would like it to stay like a goat (its our zombie apocolypse bike) so will probably go back with the stock rear and a shinko 241 trials tire on the front or the dirt tracker tire that comes on the van van.

Offline oilhed

• Contributor
« Reply #3623 on: July 02, 2018, 01:53:05 PM »
Now I'm thinking I shoulda kept the TDub and sold the GS a couple years ago....
MarkF
aka OILHED
Central CT

Offline Leanintree

• Yay Motorcycles!
  • Motorcycles: yes
« Reply #3624 on: July 02, 2018, 03:15:40 PM »
. Turns out that the S/S brake lines may be causing me to brake harder and create more dust...  probably need to replace brakes sooner than expected...

I understand S/S lines allowing you to apply consistent pressure, and preventing fade, and allowing more pressure to be applied at the caliper because there is no loss in line expansion. 

I’m not understanding the physics behind why that causes you to brake harder.   Still takes the same amount of force on the pad to haul you down from speed to zero.   SS lines allow more force to be applied quickly, as opposed to lower force over a longer time period, but the end result is the same amount of velocity change, just at different rates of acceleration. 

Does that make a difference in brake wear?   Don’t know cause I have always has rubber hoses. 

Just trying to get my head around the dynamics of it.  After 1+ bottles of wine.  Maybe that explains my lack of understanding

Less physics and more human factor. Braking has more initial bite, and 2 fingers (less hand pressure) is all that is required to apply braking pressure. So naturally, my brake markers have decreased. I'm hitting them harder because I CAN, with no worry that they are fading. At various points, I've felt the squish that comes with aged rubber hoses, and the S/S lines make that extra 'flex' go away, and seem to decrease the effort involved to do it. So I blow in hotter, and squeeze harder (because I have the extra pressure headroom). The increased wear is a seat of the pants observation. Since putting on the S/S lines, my production of brake dust has increased dramatically. Or I've just noticed it more because of the pretty green lines and powdercoating getting gunked up with it...

LT
Great googly-moogly!

Offline Black Hills

• Motorcycles: KTM 1290 Adventure R, KTM300xcw, 1290 SuperDuke
« Reply #3625 on: July 02, 2018, 03:57:49 PM »
I didn't do it, but the dealer installed the "track pack" software on the Superduke so I can now shut off the wheelie control.  ;D
added bonus, the TC is now adjustable (1-9) and the throttle response on track setting is more to my liking.
the above are merely the ramblings of a hamfisted fuckwit who has broken too many helmets.

Offline melville

« Reply #3626 on: July 02, 2018, 07:34:29 PM »
The exhaust valve clearances have been closing up at each valve adjustment.  I actually did a couple valve adjustments whilst on a 2000+ mile road trip, including one at 3:00 in the morning in Ely Nevada:

I'd have done it the afternoon before, but it was 100+ deg F out there.  62ish degrees under the full moon.  Yes, I'm using TP for shop towels. 

So going over my logbook, the valve clearances had been stable until the past year.  They've closed up at least .020" since then.  That's enough recession, quickly enough, that it's time to get the heads rebuilt.  I need to have this bike ready for pillion auditions this fall.  My local guy gave me a quote for $$$ and time, and he'll get the heads tomorrow, when he opens for business.  Today's task was to get the heads off.  Here's the right one:

And the left one:

I don't know if it comes across in two dimensions, but both exhausts are flush with the surface of the seat.  I don't know if it's the margin used up on the valve or the seat receding, but it's time to replace both.

Reassembly posts to come in a few weeks.
Call me Mel. Some years ago- never mind how long precisely- having little or no money in my purse, and nothing particular to interest me at home, I thought I would ride about a little and see the other parts of the world. It is a way I have of driving off the spleen and regulating the circulation.

Online viffergyrl

• Contributor
  • Hey! Wait for me.....
  • Motorcycles: 2007 Suzuki SV650
« Reply #3627 on: July 02, 2018, 07:46:55 PM »
Pillion auditions.  :naughty:
The world is a mess. It has always been a mess. Our job is to straighten out our own lives.  Joseph Campbell

Offline melville

« Reply #3628 on: July 02, 2018, 11:14:26 PM »

Online Vulcanbill

• Contributor
  • no thank you ... still
  • Motorcycles: 2016 Kawasaki Versys 650 - ORANGE!!!!
« Reply #3629 on: July 03, 2018, 11:08:44 AM »
I didn't do it, but the dealer installed the "track pack" software on the Superduke so I can now shut off the wheelie control.  ;D
added bonus, the TC is now adjustable (1-9) and the throttle response on track setting is more to my liking.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

proof
If a person's primary concern is increasing freedom, they should prepare for a reduction in average lifespan.  ---  Misanthropist

If you say "Gullible" real slow, it sounds like "Orange"

Offline mr.awesome

« Reply #3630 on: July 04, 2018, 08:47:06 AM »
Finally have the trail tech vapor done on the KLX. Originally ordered from thumpertalk store. After delivery date got pushed back 3 times I cancelled and ordered the kit specific for my bike direct from trail tech. It showed up in two days. Great, I thought. Tried installing and the temp sensor cable is too short to reach the dash and the speed sensor is the wrong style for the application. So much for a bike specific kit. Called trail tech and they shipped me what I needed to complete the job. So far I'm impressed with the little unit. I still need to get it out on the road, hopefully today. Riding around the yard everything seems to work. Now I can go back and forth from dirt to SM wheels and just change the wheel setting to have an accurate speedometer.

Offline chornbe

• Contributor
« Reply #3631 on: July 04, 2018, 01:05:10 PM »
Excellent! Yeah, I really like their stuff.

Online HipGnosis

• It's Hip, ya know
« Reply #3632 on: July 06, 2018, 10:33:12 AM »
Corrected the clock on both my bikes.  I realized one was off when I was sitting on the bike waiting for the fireworks to start.

Online maddjack

• Contributor
  • UFO PILOT
« Reply #3633 on: July 07, 2018, 07:16:48 PM »
Washed it, waxed it and added some.....personalization. After a nice ride.
VIVA EL STINKO

Offline mr.awesome

« Reply #3634 on: July 07, 2018, 08:56:30 PM »

Still waiting on a review of the new steed now you have a few miles on it.  :augie:

Online leeo45

• Motorcycles: ALTA EXR, VFR800, R12GS Adv, 640Adv, 525EXC, 400XCW, etc.
« Reply #3635 on: July 08, 2018, 12:45:16 AM »
Started work at about midnight tonight to replace the steering head bearings on the VFR.  This is not one of my favorite maintenance jobs so probably a little overdue after 17 years.  This will take a few days to complete due to limited time to work on the bike.   

Sunday night update:   Entire front end removed from the bike.   Now I remember how much fun this is with linked brakes.   :o Five hoses running to the calipers, plus two rigid crossover lines.

New lower race installed:

New upper race installed:

Steering stem in the freezer, bearing in the warm (not hot) oven, a few light knocks on the bearing driver and lower seal and bearing installed:

Now to put everything back together and go riding.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2018, 01:34:00 AM by leeo45 »

Online rgbeard

• Motorcycles: '01 Triumph Speed Triple, '03 GSXR 1000
« Reply #3636 on: July 14, 2018, 10:48:06 PM »
On our way back from AZ, I brought the Speed Triple along.

As I was positioning it to load on the trailer, it was noted that some rubber hoses were on the floor.  Seventeen years paid a toll on the evap plumbing.

As such, tomorrow, I'm prepping Speedy for a cannister-ectomy.

The CA plumbing will soon become 49-state plumbing.

Better yet, no one of any official capacity will ever care about the change.
IBA: 63413

Online rgbeard

• Motorcycles: '01 Triumph Speed Triple, '03 GSXR 1000
« Reply #3637 on: July 15, 2018, 03:15:51 PM »
Well, ^^ that’s done.
IBA: 63413

Online viffergyrl

• Contributor
  • Hey! Wait for me.....
  • Motorcycles: 2007 Suzuki SV650
« Reply #3638 on: July 15, 2018, 03:24:47 PM »
On our way back from AZ, I brought the Speed Triple along.

As I was positioning it to load on the trailer, it was noted that some rubber hoses were on the floor.  Seventeen years paid a toll on the evap plumbing.

As such, tomorrow, I'm prepping Speedy for a cannister-ectomy.

The CA plumbing will soon become 49-state plumbing.

Better yet, no one of any official capacity will ever care about the change.

CA Foo-foo-rah as Busy Little Shop would say.
The world is a mess. It has always been a mess. Our job is to straighten out our own lives.  Joseph Campbell

Offline Virginian

• Contributor
  • Motorcycles: '18 Honda CRF250L Rally, '14 Vespa 946 Bellissma, '14 HD Wide Glide, '20 Vespa GTS 300 HPE
« Reply #3639 on: July 15, 2018, 07:04:56 PM »
Started work at about midnight tonight to replace the steering head bearings on the VFR.  This is not one of my favorite maintenance jobs so probably a little overdue after 17 years.  This will take a few days to complete due to limited time to work on the bike.   

Sunday night update:   Entire front end removed from the bike.   Now I remember how much fun this is with linked brakes.   :o Five hoses running to the calipers, plus two rigid crossover lines.

New lower race installed:

New upper race installed:

Steering stem in the freezer, bearing in the warm (not hot) oven, a few light knocks on the bearing driver and lower seal and bearing installed:

Now to put everything back together and go riding.

Yep, looks like stuff I'm working on all the time. I hope you knock it out quickly.
Show up on time, do your best and don't grumble about the outcome.

Offline melville

« Reply #3640 on: July 21, 2018, 10:37:04 PM »
I reblinged the exhaust while it was off.  Back to shiny stainless until I run some heat through it again.

Offline Cablebandit

• Contributor
  • Pig Pilot
« Reply #3641 on: July 22, 2018, 07:54:29 AM »
Ordered some parts.

Offline radon222

• Contributor
  • It's all Scratch's fault
  • Motorcycles: R1200GSAW, R1200RT
« Reply #3642 on: July 22, 2018, 07:59:53 AM »
I pressure washed it yesterday. On I64

Online maddjack

• Contributor
  • UFO PILOT
« Reply #3643 on: July 22, 2018, 08:19:20 AM »
Had the 1000 mile  first service done thursday,
VIVA EL STINKO

Offline mr.awesome

« Reply #3644 on: July 22, 2018, 08:45:07 AM »
Changed the brake fluid on both bikes. The KLX looked like coca cola. A bit over due on that one.

Online maddjack

• Contributor
  • UFO PILOT
« Reply #3645 on: July 22, 2018, 09:03:45 AM »

Still waiting on a review of the new steed now you have a few miles on it.  :augie:
After the first long trip ,then my friend. But so far, WOW.
VIVA EL STINKO

Online PatM

• Contributor
  • Motorcycles: 2016 BMW R1200RT
« Reply #3646 on: July 22, 2018, 10:01:06 AM »
Replaced the aux LED lights on my wife's bike.
One of her Denali mini had failed.
Denali stepted up to the bat even though the waranty was long over.
They offered me a great discount on the new version.

Ride safe!

Offline oilhed

• Contributor
« Reply #3647 on: July 22, 2018, 11:07:46 AM »
Had the 1000 mile  first service done thursday,

Put 1000 miles on a brand new rear tire.  Wonder if I coulda put it on the old tire?
MarkF
aka OILHED
Central CT

Online CLAY

• Super Moderator
  • Help me Mr. Wizard!!!
  • Motorcycles: '03 Bandit 1200S, '97 XR650L, '79 XS650 Tracker, '75 XS650 Standard
« Reply #3648 on: July 22, 2018, 05:49:04 PM »

For me, it was total bike lust in the day.

I mean, I rode a CB750A full dresser for like 4 years and about 40k miles, and had a ball.

I like oddball machines.

I had one of those for a bit.  That was a top-heavy beast.
"Most accidents happen when the meek meet the douchebags."  -Viffergyrl
"The wider the road, the worse the food." -Coho
Let's do some science.

Offline Cookie

• Super Moderator
  • Tacos are life.
  • Motorcycles: '16 MG Audace, '10 Ural T, '20 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650, 1996 HD Road King '06 KLR 650!
« Reply #3649 on: July 22, 2018, 07:53:30 PM »
On The Problem Child - Relocated the front indicators and put on a set of drag bars.

On The Precious - gently patted it's seat and covered it while I cleaned the garage
“Government is the Entertainment division of the military-industrial complex.”

― Frank Zappa