Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Refinancing the Home  (Read 2029 times)

Offline I'm NOT Carl

• Weirdo Freak
  • Motorcycles: 2013 Kawasaki Concours, 2002 Suzuki Hayabusa, 1989 Honda Transalp
Refinancing the Home
« on: June 12, 2014, 04:58:58 PM »
Just saying. :)

Our Divorce Paperwork requires that I get Rita off the house loan and title within 3 years. I've spent the past year and a half (or so) checking out the various companies and seeing what was available. I just finished filing the paperwork (today) on a refinance. It's a tiny bit better on the interest rate. I'm getting a few bucks back plus, due to the timing, I don't have to pay an August payment. And on top of that, I'm paying $300 less a month.

I think I did pretty well in general. I'll be able to get the rest of the house carpeted this year plus pay a bit more off the credit card. Plus the extra per month will let me get the card paid off that much quicker. I should be back to debt free (other than Rita of course) by the end of the year.

Carl
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 No matter where you go, there you are.

Offline sodapop6620

• Motorcycles: 4
Re: Refinancing the Home
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2014, 05:30:00 PM »
Good for you.  Being debt free is wonderful.  It allows you to make decisions without having to worry about living on the street.

DF for about 5 years now.

Offline I'm NOT Carl

• Weirdo Freak
  • Motorcycles: 2013 Kawasaki Concours, 2002 Suzuki Hayabusa, 1989 Honda Transalp
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2014, 05:49:58 PM »
We _were_ debt free :rolleyes:

:)

Carl

Offline Jim

• Contributor
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2014, 07:14:10 PM »
And you will be again (just say no to the C14).

Congrats!

Enjoy the Icefields Parkway
sodapop6620: You are never lost as long as you have gas.  Mrs. DantesDame: Side roads lead to interesting discoveries

Online smoker

• Motorcycles: FJR
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2014, 11:19:32 AM »
Are you debt free if you have a mortgage?
Founding member, Keystone contingent, Flying Pig Association

Offline I'm NOT Carl

• Weirdo Freak
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2014, 01:29:09 PM »
Are you debt free if you have a mortgage?

True. Usually I mean aside from the mortgage (and I also said aside from Rita). In this case I'm speaking of having the credit cards paid off. There was a bit of debt in getting Rita settled in and paying off the pet hospital debts. Instead, I'll say credit card debt free which is my goal for this year. I have about half paid up now. With the refinace, the extra goes to the card plus what I'm paying now so I can see it being gone by Jan 1st.

Carl

Online smoker

• Motorcycles: FJR
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2014, 07:56:49 AM »

True. Usually I mean aside from the mortgage (and I also said aside from Rita). In this case I'm speaking of having the credit cards paid off. There was a bit of debt in getting Rita settled in and paying off the pet hospital debts. Instead, I'll say credit card debt free which is my goal for this year. I have about half paid up now. With the refinace, the extra goes to the card plus what I'm paying now so I can see it being gone by Jan 1st.

Carl

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: Got it. Snowball that sh!t right into the mortgage. We've been doing that since 2010 and are on track to have our home paid off in 4 years.
Founding member, Keystone contingent, Flying Pig Association

Offline I'm NOT Carl

• Weirdo Freak
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2014, 06:14:19 PM »

Carl

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: Got it. Snowball that sh!t right into the mortgage. We've been doing that since 2010 and are on track to have our home paid off in 4 years.

Yep. Interest cards first then the house 

Carl