Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: A New Glock and Ruger for Me  (Read 1769 times)

Offline SuperHans

• Contributor
A New Glock and Ruger for Me
« on: May 28, 2014, 08:20:34 AM »
I recently picked up the Glock 23 and love the way it shoots and fits my hand. The Ruger is on its way and should be here any day. I plan to put a suppressor on it that I can switch to my 10/22 also as they both have threaded barrels.

I think my next purchase will be a Glock 26. The 23 is a little bigger than I like to carry and I think a smaller frame will be easier to handle in 9mm. I just put the Streamlight with laser on the 23 for shits and giggles. I'm not crazy about carrying it like this.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Online R Doug

• Contributor
  • Where there is Danger, there is Doug
Re: A New Glock and Ruger for Me
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2014, 08:51:47 AM »
Congrats!  Sheri has a G19, which I believe is the same frame as a 23 (compact).  I know a lot of people who conceal carry with the G19.  Certainly, their subcompact models make for better carry pistols.  Why not go for the G27 so you can stay in the same caliber?  Is it because the 9MM holds more rounds?

Is that a Mark III?  It's a freak'n hoot to shoot.  It likes hot ammo.  It can jam up on the lesser stuff.
Only motorcycle riders know why a dog sticks its head out of a car window.

Offline SuperHans

• Contributor
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2014, 09:08:03 AM »
I've carried the G23 in a IWB with no issues (Minus the light). I would just prefer something a little smaller for carry. I've shot other subcompacts in .40 and 9mm. I just find 9mm a little easier to shoot in the smaller frame.

Yep, it's a Mark III, a 22/45 to be specific. Has identical grip angles and fire control locations (manual safeties, magazine releases and bolt hold-opens) as the 1911. I thought with the rails and threaded barrel it would be a fun little toy. Now to find a sufficient amount of ammo for it. I only have a couple of hundred rounds of .22. :(

Offline SuperHans

• Contributor
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2014, 03:52:55 PM »
I just picked up the Ruger I put a cheap reflex I had on it since it doesn't have iron sites and the light/laser from my Glock. Seems like too much crap. Next item will be a suppressor.

Online coho

• Contributor
  • Probably not wearing pants.
  • Motorcycles: R1100RT (Gentleman's Express) - StFU200 (The Dumbbike) - Guzzi V7II (Tiny Musclecar)
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2014, 09:07:55 PM »
I just picked up the Ruger I put a cheap reflex I had on it since it doesn't have iron sites and the light/laser from my Glock. Seems like too much crap. Next item will be a suppressor.

Very sci-fi. Cool.
If it weren't for the therapeutic properties of the occasional off-camber decreasing radius downhill right-hander I'd almost certainly go completely sane.

"I like the beverages."  -CLAY