Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: t-Shirt Anyone?  (Read 3268 times)

Online Skee

• Contributor
  • Motorcycles: 2019 Versys
t-Shirt Anyone?
« on: April 16, 2014, 10:27:42 PM »
Wondering if there is enough interest to do a t-shirt?  I would need a minimum of 20 to 30 orders to make it affordable.  Cost estimate includes mailing it to your house.  A black 50/50 blend short sleeve shirt would cost $21 (30 shirts) to $24 (20 shirts).  A black cool-n-dry poly short sleeve shirt would run $27 (30 shirts) to $30 (20 shirts). [40 shirts brings the cost down another $2.]  That's at cost.  This is a 4 color screen print, not a vinyl iron-on.  Any money over goes in the parking lot beer kitty, where else!

To do this, I would need orders and payment ahead of time.  One run, one fixed setup cost.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

I have zero% experience doing this.  Feel free if you have a graphic you want to post up for consideration or if you know a t-shirt vendor with better pricing.  No offense taken.
"The mistake you cannot make is to judge the past through the eyes of the present.  Judge the past on its own terms."  
João Zilhão on the Assimilation Model of Human Origin

"The fishermen know that the sea is dangerous and the storm terrible, but they have never found these dangers sufficient reason for remaining ashore."   Vincent van Gogh

Offline R Doug

• Contributor
  • Where there is Danger, there is Doug
Re: t-Shirt Anyone?
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2014, 06:32:43 AM »
Since we'll be staying just off the Parkway, how about something based on this comical Blue Ridge Parkway roadsign?

Similar shirts sold here:

http://www.blueridgebookstore.com/cats/2533_motorcyle-tee-shirts.asp
Only motorcycle riders know why a dog sticks its head out of a car window.

Online smoker

• Motorcycles: R1200RS
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2014, 11:11:51 AM »
I'm down for 2.
Founding member, Keystone contingent, Flying Pig Association

Online Skee

• Contributor
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2014, 11:22:25 AM »
I decided to go with vinyl print since there was not enough interest to do a screen job.  Advantage of vinyl is there are no setup costs.  Plus you can choose any shirt you like, and they take care of the ordering and mailing. 

So I ordered one to see what the quality was like and took it out on a test ride.  A typical CNJ route down Bridgeton Hill across the river at Milford – anyone hear from Marty lately – then onto Shades of Death road and down to Hot Dog Johnny’s.  The place was packed.  I’m happy to report the shirt rides well and cleans up nicely from mustard relish.

I will post a link on both sites as soon as I confirm final ordering information.  I’m also inquiring about a group discount.  Lead time is 2 weeks with free shipping and mine arrived earlier than promised.  Less than 37 days to go.

A bit about the design.  I wanted a shirt that wasn’t organization specific yet drew on the legacy of STN.  While it doesn’t say who or where, it will start a converstation.  Hope you STOners like it
"The mistake you cannot make is to judge the past through the eyes of the present.  Judge the past on its own terms."  

"The fishermen know that the sea is dangerous and the storm terrible, but they have never found these dangers sufficient reason for remaining ashore."   Vincent van Gogh

Offline maddjack

• Contributor
  • UFO PILOT
  • Motorcycles: KLz1000 Versys
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2014, 03:55:14 PM »
Thanks Frank. Looks like a decent shirt to me. Hows the hand?
VIVA EL STINKO

The little red bike is gone , sniff sniff, but the Batbike has begun.

Online Skee

• Contributor
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2014, 05:29:12 PM »
Well, I'm able to ride, and the big blue thingie should come before the meet. 

Offline scott189

• Motorcycles: 1968triumph650 chopper/2007crf450x/2014 KTM 1190 ADVENTURE
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2014, 07:41:33 PM »
Hi Frank like the shirt. Looks like your doing good its time to ride.

Offline R Doug

• Contributor
  • Where there is Danger, there is Doug
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2014, 08:45:49 PM »
Well, I'm able to ride, and the big blue thingie should come before the meet.

That's good news!
Only motorcycle riders know why a dog sticks its head out of a car window.