Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Handgun class on 4/27?  (Read 2612 times)

Online Vulcanbill

• Contributor
  • no thank you ... still
  • Motorcycles: XT250, Ninja 500R
Handgun class on 4/27?
« on: April 11, 2014, 12:46:04 PM »
I'm recruiting for a handgun class for that Sunday afternoon.  Dude created a slot for me and mine but that's only 4 people.  I'd like for the instructor to get paid a little better than that. 

Anybody interested in a 4+ hour handgun class that is valid for WV (and probably others) CCWpermit?  $100 per head and it's located about 20 minutes west of Winchester, VA right across the WV line.

Bring a pistol and 100 rounds. 

Bueller?

vulcanbill at gmail dot com if you'd like to sign up.

Region 6 cuz that's where it is.
If a person's primary concern is increasing freedom, they should prepare for a reduction in average lifespan.  ---  Misanthropist

If you say "Gullible" real slow, it sounds like "Orange"

Offline Jim

• Contributor
Re: Handgun class on 4/27?
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2014, 01:08:39 PM »
'hope you get more jumping in!

Learning / information is good to have!

Not meant as any sort of threadjack - rather reinforcement for education...

Even if you have no interest in owning a gun, knowing proper handling and safety is wise - bring/teach the kids - as you don't know if one of their friends will "find dad's gun" for some show-n-tell. Will your kids know what's safe (when to duck) when the friend does something dangerous.

I'd suspect, once the education rolls in, those on the fence about these tools would lean towards ownership and proper use.

Have a good time in the class!
sodapop6620: You are never lost as long as you have gas.  Mrs. DantesDame: Side roads lead to interesting discoveries

Online Vulcanbill

• Contributor
  • no thank you ... still
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2014, 02:17:03 PM »
I don't even have to take it.  I can take my DD214 into sheriff's office and have my carry permit in a couple weeks.  But I want to know what training my wife and friends are getting so I can reinforce future training.
If a person's primary concern is increasing freedom, they should prepare for a reduction in average lifespan.  ---  Misanthropist

Offline Jim

• Contributor
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2014, 08:31:12 PM »
Even if you have no interest in owning a gun

I should clarify... the "you" intended is for others reading the thread and deciding if they should get training or not.

I'd like to think any "gun class" would be a fun class to take.
sodapop6620: You are never lost as long as you have gas.  Mrs. DantesDame: Side roads lead to interesting discoveries

Offline sodapop6620

• Motorcycles: 4
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2014, 07:16:52 PM »
I don't even have to take it.  I can take my DD214 into sheriff's office and have my carry permit in a couple weeks.  But I want to know what training my wife and friends are getting so I can reinforce future training.

You can get a carry permit with a 214?  Are all of the states the same?

I have a black powder pee shooter but they are big honkin pees :gerg:

Offline Scratch

• Contributor
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2014, 08:08:30 PM »
DD214 typically satisfies the 'training requirement' aspect of most states licensing process.

Offline SuperHans

• Contributor
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2014, 05:50:38 AM »
No training requirment in PA, but it varies by county and some Sherrifs want to see your DD214 when you apply to verify a GCD.

Online Vulcanbill

• Contributor
  • no thank you ... still
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2014, 10:50:32 AM »
Pretty good class.  Only 4 of us so when we got to the range and he realized we could already group in different positions, we took it up a notch.  Good times.  Made me want to take more training.  Made me want a new gun.