Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Stunta busted by CHP airplane  (Read 2428 times)

Offline bluepoof

• bluepoof.com
  • Motorcycles: 2007 Kawasaki Ninja 250
Stunta busted by CHP airplane
« on: April 02, 2014, 10:50:46 PM »
http://blog.sfgate.com/crime/2014/04/02/chp-plane-helps-in-arrest-of-motorcycle-stunt-suspect/

While doing wheelies on a motorcycle at up to 120 mph on an Oakland freeway, Corey McDonah probably had no idea that a California Highway Patrol airplane was tracking him on video, authorities say.

It started about 3:40 p.m. when the CHP plane, Air 37, spotted a man on an orange Kawasaki motorcycle traveling 100 and 120 mph on eastbound Interstate 580 near the MacArthur Maze in Oakland, the CHP said.

The pilot saw the rider doing wheelies and other stunts — including standing on the bike — and relayed the information to patrol cruisers.

The man got off the freeway at 35th Avenue and, with the plane still overhead, ended up in front of a home on El Carmello Circle off Monterey Boulevard in Oakland’s Redwood Heights neighborhood. The ground units took him into custody after the pilot confirmed from above that they had their man, authorities said.

The pilot also told his counterparts on the ground that the entire episode was caught on video.

McDonah was booked at an Oakland jail on suspicion of reckless driving.

I'm not sure which part of this article is more amazing -- that the author spelled Kawasaki correctly and didn't just make up some random combination of letters and numbers for a model number (does anyone else's local paper do that? It's the weirdest thing!), or that the guy was going 100+mph on an Oakland freeway.  I feel like every time I'm on 580 I'm lucky if I'm going 50mph because of the shitty traffic. :lol:

Offline BMW-K

• Contributor
  • The Original ER6i Pimp
  • Motorcycles: F800GS, 765 RS, WR250R
Re: Stunta busted by CHP airplane
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2014, 11:49:57 PM »
Are you sure he wasn't going 205 mph?   ;D
IBA #:  20880
Damn.  Was that really a good idea?

Offline doc4216

• Contributor
  • Motorcycles: Roxy....R1200RS
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2014, 05:00:08 AM »
http://blog.sfgate.com/crime/2014/04/02/chp-plane-helps-in-arrest-of-motorcycle-stunt-suspect/

I'm not sure which part of this article is more amazing -- that the author spelled Kawasaki correctly and didn't just make up some random combination of letters and numbers for a model number (does anyone else's local paper do that? It's the weirdest thing!), or that the guy was going 100+mph on an Oakland freeway.  I feel like every time I'm on 580 I'm lucky if I'm going 50mph because of the shitty traffic. :lol:

That is what caught my eye! Everyone says Im going to be in horrible traffic over there but apparently all I have to do is buy a kawi and do wheelies ;D
A straight road never made a skilled rider.

Offline Zixxerpilot

• Motorcycles: 2004 z1000
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2014, 05:39:11 AM »
As far off as those planes tend to be, he probably was doing 50. Sorry, but those patrol planes are a joke.

Just like the 205 guy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Online Cablebandit

• Contributor
  • Pig Pilot
    • https://www.facebook.com/TheCablebandits
  • Motorcycles: A Blue One
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2014, 07:12:22 AM »
I have no idea why but I keep seeing this topic as SANTA busted by CHP.  :headscratch:

Offline PatM

• Contributor
  • Motorcycles: 2016 BMW R1200RT
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2014, 08:58:41 AM »
I have no idea why but I keep seeing this topic as SANTA busted by CHP.  :headscratch:

You need more coffee  :bigok:
Ride safe!

Online Cablebandit

• Contributor
  • Pig Pilot
    • https://www.facebook.com/TheCablebandits
  • Motorcycles: A Blue One
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2014, 09:17:40 AM »
UGH!   Mud water!   :hurl: