Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Colorado passes  (Read 421 times)

Offline Vulcanbill

• Contributor
  • no thank you ... still
  • Motorcycles: XT250
Re: Colorado passes
« Reply #15 on: August 29, 2017, 02:20:56 PM »
Looking at the one picture of the bike being loaded or unloaded, would you care to share how you did that?  It doesn't look like a very walk-on friendly situation.  Did you ride that bike across that?

:o

typically just ride it in. then gravity does the work when you unload, so I just jump off the tailgate at the proper time.  a ditch or dirt pile make it a manageable step for old knees.

And the fact that your legs are longer than we are tall is helpful as well I'd imagine.   :P
If a person's primary concern is increasing freedom, they should prepare for a reduction in average lifespan.  ---  Misanthropist

Offline Black Hills

• Motorcycles: KTM 1190 Adventure R, KTM300xcw
« Reply #16 on: August 29, 2017, 02:33:46 PM »
lol... ya, that helps ;D

Online R Doug

• Contributor
  • Where there is Danger, there is Doug
  • Motorcycles: '13 R1200GS
« Reply #17 on: August 29, 2017, 02:58:22 PM »
Knowing you, you most likely ride it into the back of the truck while pulling a wheelie! 
Only motorcycle riders know why a dog sticks its head out of a car window.

Online R Doug

• Contributor
« Reply #18 on: August 29, 2017, 03:00:40 PM »
Curious, how many STO folks have you met face-to-face in your area?  You've been very generous with your time when folks passing through.  You were even kind enough to come all the way to Wall to meet me for dinner after a loooong day on the bike. 

Offline Black Hills

« Reply #19 on: August 29, 2017, 03:57:43 PM »
not very many. maybe half a dozen and then Ed and crew when I was in Wisconsin for work.
they were all good people though ;).  I think Vulcanbill  and his wife, and tankhead are the only ones I have ridden with?? but if anyone wants a tour guide I can usually be hired for a beer or two ;D

Offline Black Hills

« Reply #20 on: August 29, 2017, 04:00:52 PM »
Knowing you, you most likely ride it into the back of the truck while pulling a wheelie!

haha.. you are obviously listening to greatly exaggerated accounts of my ability... you should have seen the time I tried to ride my 300 into the back of my pickup and the ramp pushed the tailgate shut.... :-[  I can usually find a place that get the tailgate within 18" of the ground and then it's fairly easy

Online R Doug

• Contributor
« Reply #21 on: August 29, 2017, 04:09:02 PM »
not very many. maybe half a dozen and then Ed and crew when I was in Wisconsin for work.
they were all good people though ;).  I think Vulcanbill  and his wife, and tankhead are the only ones I have ridden with?? but if anyone wants a tour guide I can usually be hired for a beer or two ;D

With respect, you're a popular guy when someone from STO visits your area.  Good on you for taking the time to spend with us!