Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Motot GP - speculation, opinions, updates, etc.  (Read 1556 times)

Online Blunder

• Motorcycles: 01 Suzuki GSF1200S, '96 Isuzu Hondo (Chevy S-10 P/U)
Re: Motot GP - speculation, opinions, updates, etc.
« Reply #60 on: September 02, 2017, 12:12:44 PM »
Or did he crash at Mugello and snap his leg? Whatever, you say spaghetti and I say spaghetti'o.
If loud pipes save lives, imagine what learning to ride that thing will do.

Offline Black Hills

• Motorcycles: KTM 1190 Adventure R, KTM300xcw
« Reply #61 on: September 02, 2017, 02:43:54 PM »
my guess is he misses two races, comes back and finishes the season in 4th, 5th.at worst

Online Blunder

• Motorcycles: 01 Suzuki GSF1200S, '96 Isuzu Hondo (Chevy S-10 P/U)
« Reply #62 on: September 11, 2017, 04:59:20 PM »
Michel Van Dee Marky Mark.Mark sill take Rozzi's seat for at least Portugal at Aragon, a track he has seen many times before, albeit on 125 stinkwheels. A 250 maybe and numerous 600s.  However, a bike with a reported 280 bhp and carbon fiber brakes and goofy French tires will be a real challenge. He's a good rider and if he finishes with even with 1 point, Yamaha will be happy. There's still a manufacer's championship to be chased.

If be throws the bike down the road Yamaha will not be pleased. A fairing on a MotoGp bike probably is worth half as much as a WSBK R1
If loud pipes save lives, imagine what learning to ride that thing will do.

Offline squeezer

• Contributor
  • squirrelly geezer
  • Motorcycles: 16 Tiger Xr(x)
« Reply #63 on: September 23, 2017, 04:53:18 PM »
Rossi on the front row at Aragon. Just wow.
 :o
A man with no sig

Offline kneescrubber

• Contributor
  • Nothing beats good line of sight
  • Motorcycles: 1999 VFR, 1971 BMW /5
« Reply #64 on: November 12, 2017, 12:04:28 PM »
A few observations now that the season is over.

1. With 2 dnf's by Dovi and Lorenzo, Yamaha sneaks back into 2nd for the constructors championship. They were looking at being outside the top 2 since the early 70's
2. Tech 3 and specifically Zarco have totally embarrassed the factory Yamaha team.
3. Had Lorenzo ceded his position as he was told to repeatedly during the second half of the race today (Valencia), do you think the outcome of the race would've been any different.
4. I would love to have been a fly on the wall of the Ducati pit after today's race.
5. I don't think Marquez actually needs wheels on his motorcycle.
Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Offline garry

• Old and In The Way
    • MotoRoads
« Reply #65 on: November 12, 2017, 02:57:51 PM »
I don't think Dovi had the pace today. He said Lorenzo wasn't holding him up. Even if let by he wouldn't have caught Pedrosa or Zarco/Marquez. I would expect Lorenzo got a serious talking to after the race.

MM93 is truly an Alien. That save was incredible. He said he couldn't keep his focus just following Zarco around and was making mistakes.

If Marquez had crashed out and Dovi was back in 5th at that point, I bet someone at Ducati's head would have exploded re: Lorenzo. Dovi would have still had to pass Zarco and Pedrosa, but Lorenzo moving over would have given him more time to attempt to get to the sharp end.
2015 KTM 1190 Adventure
2009 KTM 570 EXC

Online biking sailor

• Motorcycles: A few Yamahas, a BMW GS, a Triumph, and a Honda, and all subject to change!
« Reply #66 on: November 12, 2017, 07:00:26 PM »
Marquez can make a fore-gone conclusion edge-of-your-seat exciting. I think everyone knew he was going to try to pass Zarco at some point, even though he didn't need to. Then keeping the bike upright through the gravel pit, well he does like to ride MX and flat track. Yes he is different.

Also, Lorenzo had a personal consecutive seasons with a race win streak on the line. Now broken.

Dovi's post race interviews were pretty classy.

Read some articles on what Yamaha is going to do, as far as bikes for Tech 3. Tech 3 may not want the 2017 M1s. Rossi said something to the effect they should stick with the 2016 bikes. I bet Maverick and Vale were feeling some emotions seeing Zarco beating them regularly in qualifying and the races.

This year had some great races. Can't wait for next year.

Offline kneescrubber

• Contributor
« Reply #67 on: November 12, 2017, 08:35:36 PM »
Marquez can make a fore-gone conclusion edge-of-your-seat exciting. I think everyone knew he was going to try to pass Zarco at some point, even though he didn't need to. Then keeping the bike upright through the gravel pit, well he does like to ride MX and flat track. Yes he is different.

Also, Lorenzo had a personal consecutive seasons with a race win streak on the line. Now broken.

Dovi's post race interviews were pretty classy.

Read some articles on what Yamaha is going to do, as far as bikes for Tech 3. Tech 3 may not want the 2017 M1s. Rossi said something to the effect they should stick with the 2016 bikes. I bet Maverick and Vale were feeling some emotions seeing Zarco beating them regularly in qualifying and the races.

This year had some great races. Can't wait for next year.

Jorge had specific orders to let Dovi pass. He refused. He's not a team player. I personally think he will be a force to be reckoned with next year. Next year at Ducati will be very interesting.
Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Offline kneescrubber

• Contributor
« Reply #68 on: November 12, 2017, 08:40:09 PM »
And while I'm feeling frisky; KTM and Aprilia both stepped up. I think they both will be contesting podiums in a couple of years. Suzuki also found something late in the season. I love the challenge to Honda and Yamaha.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Offline squeezer

• Contributor
  • squirrelly geezer
  • Motorcycles: 16 Tiger Xr(x)
« Reply #69 on: November 12, 2017, 11:48:43 PM »
KTM's improvement over the season really impressed me. They did so much development, they pretty much produced a whole new bike while the season was in progress.

On Dovi, you could argue that he used his tires up trying to get around Lorenzo and might have been able to push the Hondas if he let him by earlier.

But I don't really think it changed the championship. Maybe if Marquez hadn't pulled off that save...
A man with no sig