Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Pictures of food! It's what we do.  (Read 215974 times)

Online mxvet57

• Contributor
  • Loud horns save lives
  • Motorcycles: 04 FJR, 06 Speed triple, 88 EX500, 05 YZ250, 91 KX500
Re: Pictures of food! It's what we do.
« Reply #2370 on: July 15, 2017, 06:44:17 AM »
Holy crap Frank! Does your jaw hinge differently to ours to get that thing in your mouth.   :eek:

Probably part Python.   
At the risk of encouraging him, I agree with Cookie.   "Bomber"

Every day is my birthday

Online Skee

• Contributor
  • Motorcycles: '08 Wee & an overweight Connie
« Reply #2371 on: July 15, 2017, 11:43:49 AM »
 :lol:

Had to use the knife and partition it.

The burger; not my jaw.   Gets easier after the second pint!   Or at least you don't care what kind of slop you are.

Awaiting a full report Gary.  Realize you are on the road and have better things to do than post pictures of   :beerchug:

Offline mr.awesome

• Motorcycles: 04 Triumph Sprint ST, 03 Kawazuki KLX400SR
« Reply #2372 on: July 15, 2017, 02:36:36 PM »

Awaiting a full report Gary.  Realize you are on the road and have better things to do than post pictures of   :beerchug:

You're going to have to wait another month for that report Frank. Nickybecareful and I are leaving Saturday Aug 12 for our loop of the Big lake
With all my research into the ride Mrs. Awesome got jealous and wanted to go to the UP too. We just got back from 4 nights in Paradise.
Really looking forward to this road trip even more now.  :chili:

Online kneescrubber

• Contributor
  • Nothing beats good line of sight
  • Motorcycles: 1999 VFR, 1971 BMW /5
« Reply #2373 on: July 15, 2017, 03:17:18 PM »

You're going to have to wait another month for that report Frank. Nickybecareful and I are leaving Saturday Aug 12 for our loop of the Big lake
With all my research into the ride Mrs. Awesome got jealous and wanted to go to the UP too. We just got back from 4 nights in Paradise.

I'm really looking forward to that report! Think of Cookie when you're crossing Mackinac Bridge.
“Anybody who wanders around the world saying 'Hell yes, I'm from Texas' deserves whatever happens to him.” — Hunter S. Thompson

If you're not on at least a couple government agency lists, you're not living right.
Bedlamite

Online Skee

• Contributor
« Reply #2374 on: July 16, 2017, 05:42:48 PM »

Actually, I thought you had already left.   No problem, we're a patient bunch.

Just be careful where you point that Android phone when you're taking a photo.  Don't want to start a fire with lens flare.

Online rgbeard

• Motorcycles: '01 Triumph Trophy 1200, '01 Triumph Speed Triple, '03 GSXR 1000
« Reply #2375 on: July 16, 2017, 06:10:10 PM »
I'll just leave this here. 
IBA: 63413

Online Skee

• Contributor
« Reply #2376 on: July 16, 2017, 06:56:18 PM »
I'll just leave this here.

Dude; that's take-away :drool:

Online CLAY

• How did I become a moderator?
  • Motorcycles: '03 Bandit 1200S, '97 XR650L, '79 XS650 Tracker, '75 XS650 Standard
« Reply #2377 on: July 16, 2017, 08:22:37 PM »
First in-depth review of the Sous Vide machine.

No pics to show for it, but I did a whole chicken yesterday.  Whole chicken, 4 cups broth, salt, pepper, two crushed and diced cloves of garlic, two big chopped onions slices, vacuum sealed and 6 hours in the machine.  After that I fired up the grill to about 450-500, added some hickory chips, Lowery's salt on the outside and threw it in there to crisp the skin a bit- maybe 5-7 minutes.

Had freinds and in-laws gathered around the pool.  The vote was the best chicken they had ever had.  We pretty much just cut lose with a knofe, plates and forks, self serve.

Today I got a little more scientific.  One glorified sizzler and a New York Strip with salt and pepper, vacuum sealed in the the machine for an hour. 
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Two glorified sizzlers (the local shop calls them "coulottes") and one New York strip done traditional on charcoal.  The SOus Video steaks were finished one charcoal with mesquite chips for smoke.

Sous Vide on gthe top left, bioth done to medium  (I'm a rare guy, but I wanted my sife to be able to compare.

The results?  IMO the Sous Vide steaks were better.  Slightly more tender, but the bigger difference was that the Sous Vide steaks had flavor though-and-though.  Th traditional had the flavor to the outside alone.  I will be trying them again with rare steaks.

But the chicken?  The chicken was CRAZY good..  There's another one of those in my near future.
"Most accidents happen when the meek meet the douchebags."  -Viffergyrl
"The wider the road, the worse the food." -Coho

Online R Doug

• Contributor
  • Where there is Danger, there is Doug
  • Motorcycles: '13 R1200GS
« Reply #2378 on: July 17, 2017, 06:07:06 AM »
Man, I am so happy you like it because I wasn't looking forward to reimbursing you if you didn't.  :)

I had a few guys over not long ago for fresh ground burgers finished over hot coals but cooked souse vide.  They all said it was the best and juiciest burgers they had ever had.  I only used salt and pepper to season.

The next thing I'd like to try is a small brisket, I understand it's amazing when cooked sous vide. 
Only motorcycle riders know why a dog sticks its head out of a car window.

Online CLAY

• Motorcycles: '03 Bandit 1200S, '97 XR650L, '79 XS650 Tracker, '75 XS650 Standard
« Reply #2379 on: July 17, 2017, 03:44:28 PM »
Man, I am so happy you like it because I wasn't looking forward to reimbursing you if you didn't.  :)

I had a few guys over not long ago for fresh ground burgers finished over hot coals but cooked souse vide.  They all said it was the best and juiciest burgers they had ever had.  I only used salt and pepper to season.

The next thing I'd like to try is a small brisket, I understand it's amazing when cooked sous vide.

On FB a freind posted they do pulled pork in theirs.  I need to try the burgers as well.

Now the BIG question.

What is the correct pronunciation of the word "Sous Vide"?

Online coho

• Contributor
  • Probably not wearing pants.
  • Motorcycles: R1100RT (Gentleman's Express) - StFU200 (The Dumbbike) - Guzzi V7II (Tiny Musclecar)
« Reply #2380 on: July 17, 2017, 03:50:26 PM »

On FB a freind posted they do pulled pork in theirs.  I need to try the burgers as well.

Now the BIG question.

"Soo Veed"
If it weren't for the therapeutic properties of the occasional off-camber decreasing radius downhill right-hander I'd almost certainly go completely sane.

S-T.o -OH!

Online viffergyrl

• Contributor
  • Hey! Wait for me.....
  • Motorcycles: 2001 Ducati ST4; 2007 Suzuki SV650
« Reply #2381 on: July 17, 2017, 03:58:13 PM »

Now the BIG question.

"Soo Veed"

+1 for the chef... and Mme. Vallely, my high school French teacher
Don't argue with an idiot; people might not know the difference. -Anonymous

Online CLAY

« Reply #2382 on: July 17, 2017, 07:13:41 PM »

Online R Doug

• Contributor
  • Where there is Danger, there is Doug
  • Motorcycles: '13 R1200GS
« Reply #2383 on: July 23, 2017, 07:34:19 AM »
This morning, I had a frittata with spinach, onions, peppers, and cheese.

Only motorcycle riders know why a dog sticks its head out of a car window.

Online mxvet57

• Contributor
  • Loud horns save lives
  • Motorcycles: 04 FJR, 06 Speed triple, 88 EX500, 05 YZ250, 91 KX500
« Reply #2384 on: July 23, 2017, 04:48:47 PM »

Looks like a quiche.
At the risk of encouraging him, I agree with Cookie.   "Bomber"

Every day is my birthday